Do you think this will finish okay?

• Thread starter BigBlonde
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
biggerbud420

biggerbud420

ya it’s all good don’t take my harshness personally..
do you need a humidifier?
i grow by reading my plants i have no idea of what my vpd is or par stuff, seriously to be a great grower the only thing that matters is what the plants are telling you..
trying to go by this and that is just screwing you up and costing you money and failure, so lesson learned is never ever follow manufacturers suggestions or those light scientists creeps especially the LED ones.,
you say you’ve had or believe a nutrient issue from the start, i’m guessing it’s been your lights the whole time and not a nutrient issue., but now you probably have a few issues initially resulting from the light stress than snow balls.,
he's so right

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

I always appreciate helpful advice, but I'm mostly going to follow @GNick55's advice from this point forward. As several folks have said, at some point it's best to follow one and only one person's advice. It took me a while to get that into my head. Stubborn, I suppose. 😉

ok you’ll get to the finish as i see it, might not be pretty looking but you know..
but you need to set it up where those leaves are not praying for the light..
here’s a quick google of what is happening with you..
Light stress/burn..
I will study light stress.

So, I should raise the lights until the leaves stop praying. After a light change, when should I expect to see a change in the leaves?

Minutes? Hours? Etc. It has been an hour and a half since the last change and the pictures were taken. I'll go have a look now...

I ask because seems to be a form of titration, which, in medicine, is to change a dosage until an effect is observed.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

i am sorry to interrupt but i was curious big blonde when you say you raise your lights are you raising the light or increasing the power of the light ?

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

i am sorry to interrupt but i was curious big blonde when you say you raise your lights are you raising the light or increasing the power of the light ?
Power. Sorry. Thanks for the interruption. The lights are as high as they can go. One plant is on the floor.

This is a bit off-topic, @biggerbud420, but I know you're familiar with this strain (Barney's Farm Acapulco Gold). I'm wondering if you've noticed that as the plant ages, the leaves narrow. Mine have and that could be because of my growing issues. If not, though, it almost seems like it became more like sativa as it aged.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

It is starting to pray as it dries great sign. Defoilate all those yellow leave so the plant isn't trying to save them anymore. It should be a very light container by now eater tomorrow morning you will be all good for harvest.
Plants dont try to save leaves period… they shed them naturally as the plant ages (usually about 60days) or the leaves are becoming a burden / less efficient. They actually translocate mobile nutrients from them before aborting them.

praying is due to the increase in transpiration… this is why they appear to droop on the absence of light and transpiration is driven by light. When they loose rigidity during lights on its an indication that environments are not as ideal as they could be as many factors contribute to transpiration even though light is the driving force…. Which could be lack of o2 in the rootzone which ppl common refer to as overwatering as you suggested. I havent read enough to diagnose this but anytime you see a plant stressed you should reduce the light intensity and correct the issue before increasing the intensity again… otherwise you are adding more stress to the plant and therefore slowing the recovery

Last edited:
Corndogselect406

Corndogselect406

Plants dont try to save leaves period… they shed them naturally as the plant ages (usually about 60days) or the leaves are becoming a burden / less efficient. They actually translocate mobile nutrients from them before aborting them.

praying is due to the increase in transpiration… this is why they appear to droop on the absence of light and transpiration is driven by light. When they loose rigidity during lights on its an indication that environments are not as ideal as they could be as many factors contribute to transpiration even though light is the driving force.

increased transpiration is the important part. Not your trying to off topic something. You have increased transpiration right now so that's the important part your leaves are praying important. For you understanding why leaves shed or me simplifieing terminology for you is least important. The plant will continue to have a high rate of transpiration today and are sending elder roots out in search of the water you will give it in the morning .

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
We could top dress some lime with some added soil. We might even have some lime here already, come to think of it.
If Lime is ground fine, and mixed/soaked in water, will that help get the Ph up more quickly?

I've never added gypsum.....and rockdust? Do these also lift the Ph?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

increased transpiration is the important part. Not your trying to off topic something. You have increased transpiration right now so that's the important part your leaves are praying important. For you understanding why leaves shed or me simplifieing terminology for you is least important. The plant will continue to have a high rate of transpiration today and are sending elder roots out in search of the water you will give it in the morning.

simplifying or misunderstood?

Corndogselect406

Corndogselect406

increased transpiration is the important part. Not your trying to off topic something. You have increased transpiration right now so that's the important part your leaves are praying important. For you understanding why leaves shed or me simplifieing terminology for you is least important. The plant will continue to have a high rate of transpiration today and are sending elder roots out in search of the water you will give it in the morning.

simplifying or misunderstood?
I guess I could simplify it by saying hey bro you should take those s***** leaves off of that plant

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

Power. Sorry. Thanks for the interruption. The lights are as high as they can go. One plant is on the floor.

This is a bit off-topic, @biggerbud420, but I know you're familiar with this strain (Barney's Farm Acapulco Gold). I'm wondering if you've noticed that as the plant ages, the leaves narrow. Mine have and that could be because of my growing issues. If not, though, it almost seems like it became more like sativa as it aged.
i have not really noticed that but i do know that these plants are like 70 sativa /30 indica at least thats what it says on the listing for the seeds and the plants could show traits of both so it could be the sativa traits coming in

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I guess I could simplify it by saying hey bro you should take those s***** leaves off of that plant
Actually a light tug and if the come off the plants done with them, if not leave them on… but yeah to the point if your going to come here and jump around shitting on staff and members i have no problem correcting your poor info and pointing out your lack of understanding in the same manner.

This community is a welcoming and helpful community or if you decide to be a dick who thinks they know it all shitting on ppl to make yourself look better…. well then dont be surprised when thats what you get back…. Your choice.

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

@BigBlonde you are getting a complete course on growing all on one thread this is going great 😆
That much is certain.

I'm a bit confused at the moment. I don't know if comments are for me or for someone else.

Meanwhile... About now to know when to bump up the power...

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

That's what I did. Some were falling off on their own. I didn't tug them if there still was some green on them.
Good stuff… you have some great help in here looking at the posters. i havent read the thread but your plant’s are looking normal.

You may have cut your N a bit to early but not much you can do a out that now if that was the case.

as @Corndogselect406 stated keep an eye on watering…. Especially in soil as the plants get close to finishing they will suddenly slow their uptake. also with the yellowing leaves those will not be transpiring much at all so as transpiration slows you can be sure water uptake slows also and you will need to adjust your watering habits.

tldr: the more photosynthesizing leaves the more water uptake you will have

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

your plant’s are looking normal.
Normal sounds good! 😊

keep an eye on watering…. Especially in soil as the plants get close to finishing they will suddenly slow their uptake. also with the yellowing leaves those will not be transpiring much at all so as transpiration slows you can be sure water uptake slows also and you will need to adjust your watering habits.

tldr: the more photosynthesizing leaves the more water uptake you will have
Very good information! 👍 I'd like to think I would have figured it out by myself, but I didn't. Before I flipped, I was wondering how watering would be affected as the plant flowered. I was thinking watering practices would change, but didn't get as far as figuring out how it would change.

Top Bottom