do your dehumidifier freeze too ?

• Thread starter biggerbud420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
biggerbud420

biggerbud420

Also take it out of the tent and put it in the room and adjust airflow through the tent to control humidity and temp.
it is not in the tent it has never been in the tent i am not sure where u guys got the idea it was inside the tent

Ponky

Ponky

why do i need more airflow in the tent ? the humidifier is on the outside of the tent
Because the tent draws air from the room. And buy doing so it will replace the atmosphere in the room more frequently. The increased airflow should keep ice from forming.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

do you mean the humidy running constant ?
So you have a humidifier and a dehumidifier running?

On a controller I would assume?

Deadband is to little and they are making eachother work harder.... get rid of the humidifier.

Also if the humidifier is close to either it will cause em to freeze up.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Because the tent draws air from the room. And buy doing so it will replace the atmosphere in the room more frequently. The increased airflow should keep ice from forming.
Fans on the AC and Dehuey on high solves that.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

So you have a humidifier and a dehumidifier running?

On a controller I would assume?

Deadband is to little and they are making eachother work harder.... get rid of the humidifier.

Also if the humidifier is close to either it will cause em to freeze up.
no there is no humidifier at all i do not need one it is only a dehumidifer where did you get the idea it was both ?

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

Fans on the AC and Dehuey on high solves that.
i keep my fan on the a/c on high all the time i am a hot natured person . there is no humidifier just a dehumidifier it is inside my bedroom that is 8x12 the tent is inside the bedroom the dehumidifier is inside the bedroom not the tent . the tent has a exhaust fan blowing air outside it has a intake fan blowing air form the bedroom into the tent

20210928 145224
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

no there is no humidifier at all i do not need one it is only a dehumidifer where did you get the idea it was both ?
Ok forget it I'm just tossing out info as I only have time to skim and wanted to cover all basis. I don't have time to waste answr where I got that from. I gave the answer above even if that's not the case take it or leave it.

You have equipment that needs cleaned and fans on high. They are underrated and running tk long. So ensure they get a break every 20-30 min.

Last post.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

i keep my fan on the a/c on high all the time i am a hot natured person . there is no humidifier just a dehumidifier it is inside my bedroom that is 8x12 the tent is inside the bedroom the dehumidifier is inside the bedroom not the tent . the tent has a exhaust fan blowing air outside it has a intake fan blowing air form the bedroom into the tent
Exhaust fan high up in the tent outline air out and passive intake you have it backwards.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

Ok forget it I'm just tossing out info as I only have time to skim and wanted to cover all basis. I don't have time to waste answr where I got that from. I gave the answer above even if that's not the case take it or leave it.

You have equipment that needs cleaned and fans on high. They are underrated and running tk long. So ensure they get a break every 20-30 min.

Last post.
i did not mean to offend you at all i am sorry i was not meaning to sound smart

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

m
Exhaust fan high up in the tent outline air out and passive intake you have it backwards.
my exhaust fan is hanging up inside my tent blowing air through a carbon filter out of my tent to the outside of my house . intake fan is blowing into the bottom of the tent im not sure how that is backwards

Anthem

Anthem

m

my exhaust fan is hanging up inside my tent blowing air through a carbon filter out of my tent to the outside of my house . intake fan is blowing into the bottom of the tent im not sure how that is backwards
What is the relative humidity for your location right now?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

m

You run an exhaust fan not intake fan. It should pull air through the carbon filter not push it through. It will plug up and become ineffective quickly if not already. This is why they put the filter pad on the outside. So it catches most of the mechanical particles and can be removed to be cleaned or replaced.

Also if the air has been at or over 70 they can swell and plug up further reducing air flow.

If you venting outside do you absolutely need it?

Try removing it for a day I bet the increase to removing air from the tent will drastically lower humidity in the tent.

Unless your house is sitting at a crazy high humidity if venting outside you shouldn't even need a dehuey and the AC will pull quite a bit also.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

ok so my understanding with growing weed is for a tent you need a exhaust fan to blow air out of the tent the carbon filter is for smell and u need a intake fan blowing fresh air into the tent that is what i have how is that wrong

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

right now the weather channel .com say it's 84 with humidity at 44 but inside my bedroom in the tent the humidity will get over 70 percent not being smart but what and how am i misunderstanding this shit

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

aqua man i listened to you last year when u said do not put a humidifier or dehumidifier inside your tent keep them in the room the tent is in i listened to u last year when u told me that

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

aqua man i listened to you last year when u said do not put a humidifier or dehumidifier inside your tent keep them in the room the tent is in i listened to u last year when u told me that
Yeah bang on brother.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

ok so my understanding with growing weed is for a tent you need a exhaust fan to blow air out of the tent the carbon filter is for smell and u need a intake fan blowing fresh air into the tent that is what i have how is that wrong
Not wrong just no need for intake fan. Open the flaps and let it passively draw air in. Slight negative pressure.

Anthem

Anthem

right now the weather channel .com say it's 84 with humidity at 44 but inside my bedroom in the tent the humidity will get over 70 percent not being smart but what and how am i misunderstanding this shit
You are not misunderstanding anything and you are not being a smart. First of all, the carbon filter needs to go before the fan so it is sucking air thru the filter. I believe there is something that is not function correct. Make sure your exhaust fan is running. What size is your exhaust fan? and your intake fan. I never used intact fans, just passive air at 2 1/2 times what the forced exhaust is sized at. If your RH according to the weather is 44 and your tent is at 70 either a piece of equipment is not function correctly, the probe for the Rh sensor is out of position or there is like a humidifier in the house. Because I believe you stated that your exhausting out of the house. Aqua is right about not needing a dehu with those numbers. Take a look at some of this stuff and make sure all the equipment is function correctly.

Top Bottom