do your dehumidifier freeze too ?

• Thread starter biggerbud420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
biggerbud420

biggerbud420

That is probably your reason why the tent is reading so high. The fan is controlling the humidity in the tent?
Now the dehu, you probably got something screwed up in programming it. So either get out the directions or get your smart phone and figure that one out.
ok i read the manual on the dehumid and i promise u i have done everything like the manual said and i telling if u try and control both humidity and temp with that fan it isnt gonna work like u think when u reach one setting it is gonna fuck the other up

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

That is probably your reason why the tent is reading so high. The fan is controlling the humidity in the tent?
Now the dehu, you probably got something screwed up in programming it. So either get out the directions or get your smart phone and figure that one out.
if u have them both set once 1 reaches the setting the fan will stop doesnt matter if the other is right are not

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

i know i am no where near a smart man but with the fans if u set your temp at 78 and you rh at 55 lets say your temp just reached 78 and your rh is at 60 the fan shuts off lets say you reach your rh at 55 but the temp is 81 the fan shuts off

Anthem

Anthem

ok i read the manual on the dehumid and i promise u i have done everything like the manual said and i telling if u try and control both humidity and temp with that fan it isnt gonna work like u think when u reach one setting it is gonna fuck the other up
If you go back thru the thread you will notice I asked you which fan you have and you stated the fan speed controller one only. I had to go to the AC Infinity site to figure out you had the one with humidity and temperature controls. I am not sure why that happened nor do I care much. Now you are basically telling me there is not way to control both so how about this. Run the fan on 24/7 and do not use any of the temperature or humidity controls. The fan is your problem with RH in the tent. The dehu is another story. I realize you stated you make not be the sharpest tool in the shed but if you just run the fan at like 75 or 80 percent and do not use the temperature and RH features your tent will be much more happy. With your RH setting at 44 outside you should not need a dehu in the first place. Lastly, take the intake fan line and place it at the floor. How does a hot air balloon operate? Hot air raises, cold air sets on the ground. This is just basic stuff.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

If you go back thru the thread you will notice I asked you which fan you have and you stated the fan speed controller one only. I had to go to the AC Infinity site to figure out you had the one with humidity and temperature controls. I am not sure why that happened nor do I care much. Now you are basically telling me there is not way to control both so how about this. Run the fan on 24/7 and do not use any of the temperature or humidity controls. The fan is your problem with RH in the tent. The dehu is another story. I realize you stated you make not be the sharpest tool in the shed but if you just run the fan at like 75 or 80 percent and do not use the temperature and RH features your tent will be much more happy. With your RH setting at 44 outside you should not need a dehu in the first place. Lastly, take the intake fan line and place it at the floor. How does a hot air balloon operate? Hot air raises, cold air sets on the ground. This is just basic stuff.
the inline fan if u see the 6 inch ducting going into the ten inside the tent is run all the way to the bottom of the floor of the tent it is coming where u see

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

That is cool but where is the air being sucked in from? Are you being serious with this stuff?
the air in my bedroom is being sucked in and what do u mean am i being serious with this stuff ?

Anthem

Anthem

the air in my bedroom is being sucked in and what do u mean am i being serious with this stuff ?
Where is the air being pulled from? I just said two posts ago hot air raises and it looks to me like you have the intact up at the top of the tent by the insulation for the rafters? so what do you expect, be intaking hot humid air from up at the ceiling level it will be magically cooled by running it to the floor of the tent.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

Where is the air being pulled from? I just said two posts ago hot air raises and it looks to me like you have the intact up at the top of the tent by the insulation for the rafters? so what do you expect, be intaking hot humid air from up at the ceiling level it will be magically cooled by running it to the floor of the tent.
ok that fan is at the top of the tent sorry i will misunderstanding what you meant

Anthem

Anthem

i just meant i did not have it programmed
Than why are you telling me this?

i know i am no where near a smart man but with the fans if u set your temp at 78 and you rh at 55 lets say your temp just reached 78 and your rh is at 60 the fan shuts off lets say you reach your rh at 55 but the temp is 81 the fan shuts off

This is your post on the matter?

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

i had it sitting down at floor level but so much dust so i moved it i get what your saying about hot air rise

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

Than why are you telling me this?

This is your post on the matter?
i had the fan and shit for a year i have used it on 2 previous grows so i have in the past tried the shit were talking about now this grow so not it isnt programmed on this grow

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

im guessing you think i just took all this shit out of the box today and installed it didnt read anything about it all

Anthem

Anthem

im guessing you think i just took all this shit out of the box today and installed it didnt read anything about it all
More than likely your fan is programmed and it is the problem. Go buy a simple 6" inline fan and run that and your problem will go away.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

If you have one fan pushing air into the tent and another fan extracting air out of the tent the worst thing that is going to happen is either you are going to create a positive pressure inside the tent or the seams of the tent are going to leak air to make up for the air being extracted out by the exhaust fan and suck the tent in. I did not see anything about running fans inline just intake and exhaust.
Millwright by trade bro... honestly will reduce the life and can reduce efficacy if the intake is slower because the other fan has to pull harder because of restriction. Work in a system that's designed to regulate speed to balance them or in something like ducting where its not cost effective to run another duct placed far apart as a booster because there is no pressure or drag created after you pass so many vents.

In any case for this application there is a massive loss of potential. Used side by side both as exhaust (not inline or series) but side by side you gain a shit tone more flow using 2 exhaust fans and passive intake over intake and output.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

More than likely your fan is programmed and it is the problem. Go buy a simple 6" inline fan and run that and your problem will go away.
nothign is programmed on that fan it isnt even on that setting

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Dude no reason to have that dehuey at 45. Change it to like 55 and let it have a break. They not meant to run months non stop it will be toast in no time.

Ponky

Ponky

Yeah better to have two fans sucking on the tent. Than one blowing while the other one sucks. Then add air intakes or open the flaps. More air flow is better. Do that and aim a fan at the dehumidifier and it should solve the issue.

Anthem

Anthem

Millwright by trade bro... honestly will reduce the life and can reduce efficacy if the intake is slower because the other fan has to pull harder because of restriction. Work in a system that's designed to regulate speed to balance them or in something like ducting where its not cost effective to run another duct placed far apart as a booster because there is no pressure or drag created after you pass so many vents.

In any case for this application there is a massive loss of potential. Used side by side both as exhaust (not inline or series) but side by side you gain a shit tone more flow using 2 exhaust fans and passive intake over intake and output.
Aqua I never ran intake fans in tents in the past. I always used passive intake. I use to call them donkey dicks. 12" intakes hanging from the top of the tent to about 12" above the floor. Never had any problems like this man but again if you have the fans functioning correctly and there is equal pressure there is not damage being done to the fans life. Now if you have the walls of the tent sucked in like no tomorrow yes that can cause a problem and shorten the life of the fans.

Top Bottom