do your dehumidifier freeze too ?

• Thread starter biggerbud420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
biggerbud420

biggerbud420

Not wrong just no need for intake fan. Open the flaps and let it passively draw air in. Slight negative pressure.
and how would removing the intake fan for my tent keep the dehumidifier from freezing up

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

You are not misunderstanding anything and you are not being a smart. First of all, the carbon filter needs to go before the fan so it is sucking air thru the filter. I believe there is something that is not function correct. Make sure your exhaust fan is running. What size is your exhaust fan? and your intake fan. I never used intact fans, just passive air at 2 1/2 times what the forced exhaust is sized at. If your RH according to the weather is 44 and your tent is at 70 either a piece of equipment is not function correctly, the probe for the Rh sensor is out of position or there is like a humidifier in the house. Because I believe you stated that your exhausting out of the house. Aqua is right about not needing a dehu with those numbers. Take a look at some of this stuff and make sure all the equipment is function correctly.
it's a 6 inch ac infinity it is workign fine no problems with it in the pic u see the filter is not hooked up to the fan yet there was no smell so no need now there is a smell so it is hooked up

Anthem

Anthem

it's a 6 inch ac infinity it is workign fine no problems with it in the pic u see the filter is not hooked up to the fan yet there was no smell so no need now there is a smell so it is hooked up
Which AC infinity do you have and are you programming it? ( I know there are at least 2 different models) The dehumidifier is it always running?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

and how would removing the intake fan for my tent keep the dehumidifier from freezing up
It won't but removing the carbon filter will increase flow as I kinda feel it's plugged.

The intake is just not needed and running fans inline is a bad idea for the fans as they won't have the exact same cubic feet per min. Your intake fan could be slowing your exhaust fan and it also creates a lot more wear and tear on the fans as they fight eachother.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

Which AC infinity do you have and are you programming it? ( I know there are at least 2 different models) The dehumidifier is it always running?
and yes for the most part it always runs i just took these photos maybe 5 mins ago i have the dehumidifier programmed at 45 some it never stops at 45 the fan u see is my 6 inch intake fan blowing air into my tent there is a 6 inch hose going down to the bottom of the tent on the inside for the air to reach the bottom
20210928 162533
20210928 162546
20210928 162559

Anthem

Anthem

It won't but removing the carbon filter will increase flow as I kinda feel it's plugged.

The intake is just not needed and running fans inline is a bad idea for the fans as they won't have the exact same cubic feet per min. Your intake fan could be slowing your exhaust fan and it also creates a lot more wear and tear on the fans as they fight eachother.
If you have one fan pushing air into the tent and another fan extracting air out of the tent the worst thing that is going to happen is either you are going to create a positive pressure inside the tent or the seams of the tent are going to leak air to make up for the air being extracted out by the exhaust fan and suck the tent in. I did not see anything about running fans inline just intake and exhaust.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

but if i leave the flaps open light is gonna get into the tent and escape at night and keep me awake

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

If you have one fan pushing air into the tent and another fan extracting air out of the tent the worst thing that is going to happen is either you are going to create a positive pressure inside the tent or the seams of the tent are going to leak air to make up for the air being extracted out by the exhaust fan and suck the tent in. I did not see anything about running fans inline just intake and exh

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

If you have one fan pushing air into the tent and another fan extracting air out of the tent the worst thing that is going to happen is either you are going to create a positive pressure inside the tent or the seams of the tent are going to leak air to make up for the air being extracted out by the exhaust fan and suck the tent in. I did not see anything about running fans inline just intake and exhaust.
maybe im misunderstand the fan blowing air into the tent then wouldnt the fan blowing air into the tent be consider intake ? no matter where the fan is located

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

the filter could be done for i have used it since jan of this year 2 grows so far ac infinity says there filters are good for 18 moths i do have a brand new filter that i could use

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

maybe im misunderstand the fan blowing air into the tent then wouldnt the fan blowing air into the tent be consider intake ? no matter where the fan is located
run out the top of the tent see the black ducting in the second pic that is the exhaust ducting bringing air out of the tent blowing out a vent in my wall

Anthem

Anthem

Is it possible you have a programmable AC Infinity Fan with Humidity controls as part of the fans programming. I has just started to use those fans and the ones I purchased do not have the digital display. They just have an 8 position fan speed read out.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

Is it possible you have a programmable AC Infinity Fan with Humidity controls as part of the fans programming. I has just started to use those fans and the ones I purchased do not have the digital display. They just have an 8 position fan speed read out.
i have the ones with rh and temp control

Anthem

Anthem

i have the ones with rh and temp control
That is probably your reason why the tent is reading so high. The fan is controlling the humidity in the tent?
Now the dehu, you probably got something screwed up in programming it. So either get out the directions or get your smart phone and figure that one out.

Top Bottom