Doc's Lab: 3000W mixed-spectrum medi-grow

• Thread starter whatupdoc
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
whatupdoc

whatupdoc

Hey guys. Back for round 2 in my new room. I've been working the kinks out, and trying to get things right this time around. Last run, I had some issues with nute lockout due to lack of drainage and flushing (and not paying enough attention to pH, of course). Here goes...

Lighting:

3 x 1000W (2 HPS, 1 MH) on 6' light movers

Medium:

23 5-gal Smart Pots
Sunshine Mix soil

Nutrients:

Base: AN SensiGrow/Bloom A/B
Extras: Nitrozime, Seaplex, Hygrozyme, Great White, Trinity, Snow Storm, Gravity, Crystal Burst and Guano

Strains:

4 Lavender, 3 Blueberry Diesel, 8 Cheese, 8 Ken's OG. I've also got a couple Atomic NL #5 and a mystery strain (gift...forgot name...too stoned...) outdoor...

I'm up to about 14 days vegging right now...

Here are some pics. Feel free to provide any sort of feedback. Everything is appreciated.

Let's grow!

Docs lab 3000w mixed spectrum medi grow
Docs lab 3000w mixed spectrum medi grow 2
Docs lab 3000w mixed spectrum medi grow 3
Docs lab 3000w mixed spectrum medi grow 4
Docs lab 3000w mixed spectrum medi grow 5
Docs lab 3000w mixed spectrum medi grow 6
Docs lab 3000w mixed spectrum medi grow 7

whatupdoc

whatupdoc

Thanks guys. I'm going to try to set up some auto-watering tonight. I'm not experienced with it at all. I'll definitely take some pics and try to get some feedback...peace! I'll be back on later...

whatupdoc

whatupdoc

Back from a week long camping vacation. Shit sure enough, I had a couple kinks (or lack thereof) in my irrigation setup and leaked about 10 gal of water into the floor. Working on fixing all that. Still works, just needs some work. Anyways, here's a quick update:

Group shot
IMG 1091

Lavendar
IMG 1090

Blueberry Diesel
IMG 1093

Cheese
IMG 1094

Ken's OG Kush
IMG 1095

Also got some spider mites. Gonna pick up some Floramite and Ed Rosenthals Organic Pesticide and Fungicide tomorrow...I'm not gonna get clones from anywhere except the dispensary from now on. Here's a picture for those of you that don't know what they look like...(lol)
IMG 1088

Gonna do a trim and some other little things tomorrow. I'll check back in then.

Peace.

whatupdoc

whatupdoc

So I've been hitting them hard with Flora Mite and it seems to be working. I also went at it with trimming them up today. The Cheese really needed it. Especially since I'm pretty sure they were the source of the bugs. Didn't get around to trimming the Ken's OG, but I'll finish up tomorrow. I also made a super boss drain setup so that I could run some water to waste through the babies. Got through 8 before I quit. Again, finish up on that tomorrow...

*BOSS* mode...

IMG 1107

Here are the 16 that I trimmed. Lavendar, Blueberry Diesel, and Cheese...

IMG 1108

Closer shot of the Cheese. I really got into it on those ones lol

IMG 1111

And a group shot...

IMG 1109

Also, switched out the Ushio MH Conversion bulb for another HPS. I wasn't diggin the conversion bulb...I need to get an actual MH...

When do you guys think would be a good time to flip? I was thinking about giving them about another week to bulk back up...possibly more. I don't want to run into height issues during the stretch. That is, if I let them...I've got some Bushmaster I was thinking about using. You guys have opinions on Bushmaster?

whatupdoc

whatupdoc

Okay, so we're at about 5 weeks total veg time from clone. I've got all of them trimmed up, and I think I've gotten rid of the spider mites. I fed today with SensiGrow A/B, Hygrozyme, and Great White. I'm thinking I'll let them go for about one more week in order to let them recover and bush out. What do you guys think? About another week?

Here's a group shot with the lights off

IMG 1129

Lavendar

IMG 1130

Blueberry Diesel

IMG 1131

Cheese

IMG 1132

Ken's OG Kush

IMG 1133

Above

IMG 1136

Group shot lights on

IMG 1137

And a nice fatty nug of some AK that I had chillin outside...

IMG 1128

whatupdoc

whatupdoc

Yo! I'm gonna be filling up my 50# co2 tank today. I've got a monitor and CAP controller. I've heard that running it around 1500ppm is optimal.

What do you guys think?

Also, I've heard that air with more co2 in it holds more heat. Does that mean that the room is going to get hotter when I start running it, or will temps stay roughly the same? Same with humidity?

Why do you guys think my ladies aren't standing at attention? I'm trying to get this setup dialed in. I've tried using more ferts, less ferts, flushing more...

I'm beginning to think that its just a lack of co2 and low RH that are causing it...any ideas? You guys see anything that I could be doing differently?

whatupdoc

whatupdoc

Alright, just got back from the spot. Things are starting to look better :rolleyes:. They're definitely reaching for the lights a lot more than before. Maybe it took a couple days to recover from getting chopped up...

Lavender: Definitely the tallest and healthiest looking of the bunch

IMG 1142

Blueberry Diesel: Nice and bushy. Lots of nodes. The big leaf towards the end is one of these guys'

IMG 1143

Cheese: The source of the spider mites. Looking like they're taken care of now, though...

IMG 1144

Ken's OG Kush: These guys are the only ones that weren't reaching today. Possibly because they got haircuts yesterday??

IMG 1145

These next two are a sort of panoramic across the room...

IMG 1149
IMG 1150

A group shot...

IMG 1148

Here's a pic of my light setup. I don't see a lot of guys using movers, and I'm starting to not like them, but its what I've got goin on for now...plus, they're great for keeping temps and energy usage under control!

IMG 1151

The big BD leaf that I thought was pretty cool...

IMG 1146

and finally, does anyone know what kind of plants these are? I am looking to plant something just like them in my back yard...lol

IMG 1140

Sorry about always using full images. Whenever I click on the thumbnail button, nothing happens! :(

So tomorrow, I'll be getting the co2 running. I'm also seriously considering the $150.00 RO filter from the hydro store. If I'm not mistaken, running RO instead of regular tap water will help out tremendously, yeah?

Go ahead and shoot me some feedback, fellas! I'm here to learn from you guys, and maybe even help someone out!

Peace

whatupdoc

whatupdoc

Here are a couple random shots of the outdoor.

Mystery Strain

IMG 1159

Atomic NL #5

IMG 1160

This is another Ken's OG that's going to replace a shitty one I've got indoor

IMG 1161

IMG 1162

And a Ken's GDP that's gonna go indoor as well...got a little tweaked during transport lol oops...

IMG 1163

F

fuzzy

That 1 plant may be a holly fern and yes, invest in an ro system.Its worth it imo, peace,fuzzy

whatupdoc

whatupdoc

Yes! They're all definitely starting to reach like I had wanted...NOT ENOUGH however...

I guess the regulator for my co2 setup is busted, and I'm gonna have to grab a new one. That'll put it off for a couple days. I'm also gonna invest in an RO filter. Seems crucial.

Hygrozyme really seemed to help out...

IMG 1168

IMG 1169

IMG 1170

IMG 1171

IMG 1172

Should be flipping soon...probably Mon/Tues...

Also, the co2 in the air right now is around 650ppm. Pops up to 700+ when I'm in there, but that's about it. How much do you guys think running 1500ppm co2 is gonna help? A lot?! lol

whatupdoc

whatupdoc

One of my light movers took a shit, so I added a fourth light today! 2 in-line down the middle, 2 on light movers on the outside. They really took off the last few days, and the canopy is basically solid, so I went ahead and flipped 'em. Also brought the 2 7-gal smart pots with Ken's OG and Ken's GDP over. Installed my little water filter as well. Still haven't gotten co2 going, but that's now top priority. I'll post up some pics in a couple days when things start getting interesting...lol

whatupdoc

whatupdoc

Okay, buddies over doin hw, so I'll just post some pics now lol.

DAY 1 FLOWER PICS

Hit em with 1/2 tsp/gal Bushmaster, a splash of Hygrozyme, and a splash of Trinity

First, a pic of my new FOUR LIGHT setup! (stoked)

IMG 1183

Lavender

IMG 1186

Blueberry Diesel

IMG 1187

Cheese

IMG 1188

Ken's OG Kush (which I still can't get to reach very much :mad:)

IMG 1189

Forgot to grab one of the Ken's GDP. You can see it in the front right corner of this next one...

IMG 1184

IMG 1190

Here we go, fellas...let the fun part begin!

Top Bottom