Does Anyone Use Regeneration........

• Thread starter Reefer Franklin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dextr0

dextr0

I thought you were revegging in soil less, in which case it be ok.

R

Reefer Franklin

Dex,

The plants are in rockwool cubes in coco fiber on hydroton. I don't see how EWC would work.

The Reef

R

ReDLuBE

Dex,

The plants are in rockwool cubes in coco fiber on hydroton. I don't see how EWC would work.

The Reef

My first few reveg's where in sunshine number 4, basically a soilless mix. I fed them their first does of veg food right after chopping, then waited until they were light and gave them some more.

dextr0

dextr0

Most times I will amend the potting mix I use (Fertilome Potting mix.
The ingredience listed are canadian sphagnum peat moss, horticultural perlite, starter charge, dolomitic limestone, calcitic limestone, and wetting agent.) with EWC. After that I will feed with EWC mixed into my Aerated Compost Teas. From what I understand it is water soluble so plants get nutrients almost immediately. Hard to over use, unless your just crazy with it.

Not really used in a hydro set up like DWC or anything but I do know that Fox Farm Big Bloom has EWC and Ive seen some use it in hydro. I wonder how they do it. Like do they micronize it or...?

R

Reefer Franklin

It's worth a shot. Thanks for the info.

I have been using Azomite which isn't 100% water soluble, it leaves a clay-like residue in the bottom of the reservoir. But enough seems to get to the plants to be beneficial.

The Reef

R

Reefer Franklin

It certainly does Square.

The plants are now back on 24/0. Fed them 1/4 strength CES Micro 6-0-0 and Grow 2-1-6. Pictures as it happens - hopefully.

The Reef

R

Reefer Franklin

Dex,

What photoperiod did you use for the switch ? I just spoke to someone who has re-vegged a plant six times and he feels that they need at least a couple of hours of rest. He has used 22/2 and 20/4.

Any opinions ?

The Reef

dextr0

dextr0

I put them strait into 24/0.

One of my plants died. The Bubblegum X Mango. Maybe she needed the rest like was stated. I did take her out and try to put her in the hydro bucket. I think she just couldnt take all that.
On the other hand the Bonsai has took off. Almost like she was ready for it.

R

ReDLuBE

i always switched right back to 24/0, never had a fatality, but the first time when i hacked one back waaay to much, she took longer than the rest to revert.

R

Reefer Franklin

Thanks Dex,

I'll keep them all on 24/0. If they start stressing after a few days I'll back off.
I'm going to make a kelp/mycorrhizae tea tomorrow and see how they like that.

The Reef

R

Reefer Franklin

i always switched right back to 24/0, never had a fatality, but the first time when i hacked one back waaay to much, she took longer than the rest to revert.

Hi ReDLuBE,

I cut all 48 back to approx the way I showed in the pic - plenty of bud sites and some leaves. The center stem is about 6" tall in every case. I will be watching them very closely.

Thanks again.

The Reef

dextr0

dextr0

What kind of lighting are yall using?

Im sure it was my roughness with the plant that caused the death. Maybe to much taken back. I hate leaving buds though because sometimes they want to grow.

Me= 68w CFL untill they look stong. Then I will go 400 again asap. I find that the lumen change is stressing on alot of my plants also so I try to make that as short a transition as possible.

R

Reefer Franklin

Hi Dex,

I'm using 4 x 1000W in Raptors. One light for each 12 plants, which I think is reasonable.

I know what you mean about leaving buds, but I felt that taking them would have harmed the regen and in the long term would be short-sighted. We'll see if that was sensible over the next few weeks.

I think I mentioned elsewhere on the farm that I quick dried a bud in an envelope on a ballast for about four hours. Just wonderful stuff. Smooth even without a cure. Great heady buzz. One of the reasons why I want to maintain this strain.

The Reef

R

Reefer Franklin

What kind of lighting are yall using?

Me= 68w CFL untill they look stong. Then I will go 400 again asap. I find that the lumen change is stressing on alot of my plants also so I try to make that as short a transition as possible.

Dex,

68 watt compact fluorescents ? Is that enough? How close are they to the plants ? I have CFL's in the room - five of them - in the center about seven feet up. That probably won't cut it, will it ?

The Reef

dextr0

dextr0

For what I plan to do I think so. Though now that u say something I wouldn't mind having a couple more.

7ft from canopy? Not what u want. U want to keep Cfls as close to...whatever it is you are trying to light. I stay within 6" at all times. Penetration is not good with CFLs, but when used properly good light source.

R

Reefer Franklin

For what I plan to do I think so. Though now that u say something I wouldn't mind having a couple more.

7ft from canopy? Not what u want. U want to keep Cfls as close to...whatever it is you are trying to light. I stay within 6" at all times. Penetration is not good with CFLs, but when used properly good light source.

The CFL's are the room lights. Never considered using them as grow lights. Do you think that 4 x 1000W HPS lights is overkill to start them re-vegging ?

The Reef

dextr0

dextr0

Not unless your doing anything crazy like keeping the bulbs crazy close. As long as you arnt having problems stick with. I just wanted to ask. If I could I would do everything under my 400. I just dont want to go through lifting it, as I would definitely do if I was.

Top Bottom