Does Anyone Use Regeneration........

• Thread starter Reefer Franklin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Reefer Franklin

85 in mine. How long did your first regen take to start re-vegging Dex ? I'm at 9 days and not seeing any action. Where does the new growth first appear on the plant ?

Thanks,

The Reef

dextr0

dextr0

In odd places. Its a curling thick growth. Im putting em in 6 hrs darkness.

Im very impatient and actually got some shit going on might have to cancel the project. I will procrastinate till the very end tho.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

In my experience, re-vegging is a waste of time that would be better spend on a pheno-hunt from new seed. I am not arguing with your results, and I think it's a cool project for a farmer to try out, if he has the extra space, time, and plant count. I have never gotten my strains to yield well after a re-veg, but that also could be because many of my cuts were inbred to the point of mutation already...lol.
I think the coolest thing on a re-vegging plant is the tendency for many of the leaves to form spirals, or "ram's horns".
I would do it to keep an irreplaceable cut, or just for fun, but take your cuts before you flower for the best results!
Nice thread, all in all!

100_0569.JPG

This poor AK got confused by a light leak in early bloom- not a re-veg, per se, but I thought the photo is interesting...

R

Reefer Franklin

In odd places. Its a curling thick growth. Im putting em in 6 hrs darkness.

Im very impatient and actually got some shit going on might have to cancel the project. I will procrastinate till the very end tho.

Dextr0,

At how many days did you first see growth ? Am I being too impatient ?

Thanks,

The Reef

R

ReDLuBE

This is my last time reveging, (hopefully) I want to have a constant supply of cuttings, so I have veged a little longer this time and hope to cut about 50 clones tonight before i flip them to 12/12. Been out of town for a week and the wifey has been tending!!! WOW after 8 days of not seeing them, holy crap they grow fast eh?

dextr0

dextr0

RedLube, What kind of lighting do u use to reveg. Both me and Reef have found the plants yellowing fast, and I find that troublesome.

Any advice?

R

ReDLuBE

i was using 2 400 mh to reveg, this time i used straight hps i have dimable ballast so i dimmed it to 400, a little yellowing at the begining, but they had straight water for 4 weeks before.

R

Reefer Franklin

Day thirteen and they are starting to go. The new growth is actually coming out of the old buds. Very green and strangely shaped. How long do you and Dex keep them on 24/0 after all of them revert?

The Reef

Imported Photos 00783
Imported Photos 00785
tokeroo

tokeroo

sorry for linking offsite, but this guy grew a pretty nice NL plant under CFLs and is now revegging and reflowering.
http://www.invalid.com/cfl-growing/414013-nl-grow-take-2-reveg.html

R

Reefer Franklin

Nice thread Tokeroo. I'll keep an eye on that one.

The Reef

R

Reefer Franklin

Hey Dex and Red,

Now that the first of the plants are turning can I back off to 18/6 or should I stay on 24/0 until they all revert ?

Thanks,

the Reef

dextr0

dextr0

Reef sorry for not getting back earlier. I think you should go to 18/6 if thats how u run things.

I canceled my regens. Im not growing for a min.

R

Reefer Franklin

Are you finding it takes too long to bring them up to speed ? I have to admit it would have been faster to install new clones. But I wanted to see what these would do.

The Reef

R

ReDLuBE

Hey Reef, i would leave it at 24/0 for a while, got any pictures for an update??

R

Reefer Franklin

Here they are today at 21 days from being chopped. They got some tea the first week, then CES Micro and Grow at 1/4 strength in weeks two and three.

More than half are in this stage - back in veg. Some are still regenerating and showing spiral-shaped leaves. Only six out of 48 plants failed to regenerate. So it was worth doing. I'm going to switch them to 18/6 tonight. Don't you think that's wise ?

The Reef

Imported Photos 00792
Imported Photos 00795
Imported Photos 00789
R

ReDLuBE

MOst definatly good idea, they have reveg'd quite nice, any updates now??/

R

Reefer Franklin

Yes, here they are. I'm going to run them a few days more in veg then switch to 12/12. The experiment seemed to work out fine. Thanks for all your help.

The Reef

Imported Photos 00796
Imported Photos 00797
Imported Photos 00798
R

ReDLuBE

Those are some real nice girls, what did you yeild the first crop?

dextr0

dextr0

Reefer Franklin congratulations. Thats a very nice stock u have there.

Top Bottom