Does CBD Oil Help With Anxiety?

• Thread starter TomSharp
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kiwichick

Kiwichick

I've never tried CBD oil before but I am looking for something to help with my anxiety and I stumbled upon it. Does anyone have any experience in using it and does it really work because I am skeptical? I've had to cut THC recently due to getting bad side effects from it.

Using full spectrum CBD oil with the MCT coconut oil has proven to work very well for my daughter and her friends as they don’t like getting high.

4plant

4plant

I’ve been using cbd rich strains for years now and find having at least 5% thc in the strain helps. If you can’t use any thc then I’d get a cbd tincture and try that. If you can handle it, my daily go to is cream and cheese cbd now 18% thc 18% cbd. 👍

eddiehaskell

eddiehaskell

I have severe panic disorder with Agoraphobia. In fact I’m on benzodiazepines as needed. At first, I did not think CBD was working. However suddenly I just could do things without the constant worry or struggle. It doesn’t give me a feeling like a benzo. I don’t notice anything except things just seem a little bit easier, my heart rate is a little bit lower, things don’t bother me as much etc. To me, it’s a very subtle effect. It takes time to figure out dosage and frequency. When I've tried it there was no noticable effect until I had been taking it for about three days. One of the most important considerations is whether the product is a full-spectrum CBD oil, or a CBD isolate. Full Spectrum CBD contains vitamins, essential fats, and protein. Vitamins A, C, E, and B are found in abundance in CBD, along with up to 20 amino acids and essential fatty acids, like Omega 3 and Omega 6. These amino acids speed your body’s ability to make protein, which improves recovery time, and the fatty acids are great for heart health. CBD isolate is a bit like selling bread that’s been stripped of much of its nutritional value. Every cannabinoid and terpene found in a hemp plant has a specific biochemical effect, and studies have indicated there is a greater benefit when the full spectrum of compounds work together in what is known as the “Entourage Effect”. If you want to see which is more effective for you, try both and decide then. I've tried both and cbd isolate powder works better for me and it's nice that it's much cheaper. I buy in bulk and make my own. It should be lab tested for residual solvents and potency. Don't buy anything that's not clearly lab tested and fully clean.

bunkerking

bunkerking

I have severe panic disorder with Agoraphobia. In fact I’m on benzodiazepines as needed. At first, I did not think CBD was working. However suddenly I just could do things without the constant worry or struggle. It doesn’t give me a feeling like a benzo. I don’t notice anything except things just seem a little bit easier, my heart rate is a little bit lower, things don’t bother me as much etc. To me, it’s a very subtle effect. It takes time to figure out dosage and frequency. When I've tried it there was no noticable effect until I had been taking it for about three days. One of the most important considerations is whether the product is a full-spectrum CBD oil, or a CBD isolate. Full Spectrum CBD contains vitamins, essential fats, and protein. Vitamins A, C, E, and B are found in abundance in CBD, along with up to 20 amino acids and essential fatty acids, like Omega 3 and Omega 6. These amino acids speed your body’s ability to make protein, which improves recovery time, and the fatty acids are great for heart health. CBD isolate is a bit like selling bread that’s been stripped of much of its nutritional value. Every cannabinoid and terpene found in a hemp plant has a specific biochemical effect, and studies have indicated there is a greater benefit when the full spectrum of compounds work together in what is known as the “Entourage Effect”. If you want to see which is more effective for you, try both and decide then. I've tried both and cbd isolate powder works better for me and it's nice that it's much cheaper. I buy in bulk and make my own. It should be lab tested for residual solvents and potency. Don't buy anything that's not clearly lab tested and fully clean.

I would do unspeakable things for a benzo. Even just two a year. Ive never lived a week of life with 0 anxiety without one.

I find strains with high lemon terps tend to really do a good job of mellowing me out.

DarthSidious

DarthSidious

I know that it does. Because my nephew have this problem, and we give him. The poor little guy have autism also. And it helps with it too. I don't know how it works actually, but the doctor said that it's a good idea to give him CBD without or with small THC percentage. And we started to search for something we can give to the boy. Oil is not the option, because in this case my nephew would need to drink it (it tastes disgusting) or vape it (it can cause lung disease). That's why we decided to give him gummies. It was a best decision. And, as I said earlier, it really helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
expert_cbd

expert_cbd

Hello, yes, CBD oil is great for my anxiety, I have also been using it for insomnia for three months now and see very good results. My anxiety levels dropped significantly and my sleep returned to normal. Now I use Swiss CBD oil, and I think it's more pure and full-terpened cannabis oil than other.

R

redshift75

TO say will cbd help you can only be answered by you. I mean i can smoke 100 strains. 50 strains ill enjoy, at least 25 ill say "didnt even get me high". now flip that experience for anyone else in the world and it will be different. I dont think people should create false bias by asking others opinions what are the potential impacts it has for you. because the medical benefits from one strain/grow to another can be staggering from person to person depending on their genetic makeup and physical response/needs. I think everyone has the potential to see benefits. but it may be a journey to find the one that provides the most benefit to you. One week strain A might give me pain relief in my back where then i try strain B and its now taken over where strain A has stopped helping. So even then i have to find ones i enjoy to cycle. I have a strain i prefer for insomnia. But all of them help me with my base condition so im able to digest food. These are things we can only discover for ourselves.

So to that point, i give you two thumbs up and full approval to start that journey to help yourself treat your anxiety by trying to find the right CBD oil... and believe you have the potential to find at least some level of relief.

sabina

sabina

I've never tried CBD oil before but I am looking for something to help with my anxiety and I stumbled upon it. Does anyone have any experience in using it and does it really work because I am skeptical? I've had to cut THC recently due to getting bad side effects from it.

CBD oil is commonly used to address anxiety. I personally use it for my insomnia as it helps me to fall asleep and will never replace it with any sleep medication I used to take.

DTG

DTG

I agree with almost everyone here, except helen72, I'm sorry Helen, but the reason I use cannabis medically is to avoid the chemical, man made addictive meds sold by Big Pharma.

TomSharp, some one posted to just give it a try & see if it helps you. I use THC for sleep disorder & arthritis in my hands & knees. I recently discovered I am a Diabetic, so far the THC has not helped with that, so I am going to look into CBD to see if that will help with the neuropathy
associated with the nerve damage caused by Diabetes in my feet & fingers. So I am going to do the same thing, just going to try it out & see how it goes. My son suffers from anxiety but the THC helps him.

Good Luck TomSharp, I hope you find the relief you are looking for.

DTG.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I agree with almost everyone here, except helen72, I'm sorry Helen, but the reason I use cannabis medically is to avoid the chemical, man made addictive meds sold by Big Pharma.

TomSharp, some one posted to just give it a try & see if it helps you. I use THC for sleep disorder & arthritis in my hands & knees. I recently discovered I am a Diabetic, so far the THC has not helped with that, so I am going to look into CBD to see if that will help with the neuropathy
associated with the nerve damage caused by Diabetes in my feet & fingers. So I am going to do the same thing, just going to try it out & see how it goes. My son suffers from anxiety but the THC helps him.

Good Luck TomSharp, I hope you find the relief you are looking for.

DTG.
Might I suggest mixing whatever cannabinoid you are using (thc, cbd) and also exposing yourself to essential oil from lemon or lime? Inhale, sublingual, whatever. It contains limonene, which has been shown to help anxiety....I am only offering something to try, a lead, and not like a cure. Nobody knows what these chemicals do scientifically because reasons, so everything is just What Works For You. But that is the same thing as any other drug, right? I mean some help a much larger percentage of people than others, but it is always a probability game. Ultimately what matters is what works for you.

You might also try messing with Caryophyllene.

I have never tried this and do not have any evidence it will work. It is merely a hypothesis.

But I think that exposure to both terpenes and cannabinoids simultaneously leads to some medically interesting effects when it is in the same plant....so my question is....to the brain (which is what is being affected), is there a difference? And if not, that is very interesting!

Again, I am learning more about this from personal experience now trying to source oils right and so forth. I will be trying this out on myself soon. Just thought I would throw it out here for others in case others have any interest at all.

Here is a post of mine where I link a video with some notes about terpenes and cannabinoids.

Screenshot 2020 11 10 at 114335 AM

beluga

beluga

In addendum to @Milson suggesting limonene (via consumption of lemon essential oil).

Just an interesting consideration in regard to another terpene - terpinolene:
... we elucidated a part of the mechanism of action of [terpinolene] by inhalation administration; olfactory stimulation maybe responsible for a major role in the expression of sedative activity.
Their test material was Lavender essential oil, but the study suggests that plants in the Labiatae (mint) family are high in terpinolene.
This might suggest the aromatherapeutic validity of certain diffused essential oils like lavender, sage, peppermint, etc.

Here's the article, for you science-brain folk.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Might I suggest mixing whatever cannabinoid you are using (thc, cbd) and also exposing yourself to essential oil from lemon or lime? Inhale, sublingual, whatever. It contains limonene, which has been shown to help anxiety....I am only offering something to try, a lead, and not like a cure. Nobody knows what these chemicals do scientifically because reasons, so everything is just What Works For You. But that is the same thing as any other drug, right? I mean some help a much larger percentage of people than others, but it is always a probability game. Ultimately what matters is what works for you.

You might also try messing with Caryophyllene.

I have never tried this and do not have any evidence it will work. It is merely a hypothesis.

But I think that exposure to both terpenes and cannabinoids simultaneously leads to some medically interesting effects when it is in the same plant....so my question is....to the brain (which is what is being affected), is there a difference? And if not, that is very interesting!

Again, I am learning more about this from personal experience now trying to source oils right and so forth. I will be trying this out on myself soon. Just thought I would throw it out here for others in case others have any interest at all.

Here is a post of mine where I link a video with some notes about terpenes and cannabinoids.

View attachment 1054206

Oh, and for what it is worth, in managing my nerve pain from lower back issues....i have found a shotgun approach works best. Edibles with several strains as different from each other as possible (including one that is 1:1 THC/CBD) and then smoking an indica with varied kief. The pain relief is very noticeable, fast with the smoke, and long lasting when I have an attack...like with the edibles especially I can sleep a whole night without waking up to a sharp stabbing sensation...that was impossible for me before (though I did not try opioids...my family has a bad history with them).

There are several growers on the boards who have shared similar pain management experiences. Fwiw.

Last edited:
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Oh, and for what it is worth, in managing my nerve pain from lower back issues....i have found a shotgun approach works best. Edibles with several strains as different from each other as possible (including one that is 1:1 THC/CBD) and then smoking an indica with varied kief. The pain relief is very noticeable, fast with the smoke, and long lasting when I have an attack...like with the edibles especially I can sleep a whole night without waking up to a sharp stabbing sensation...that was impossible for me before (though I did not try opioids...my family has a bad history with them).

There are several growers on the boards who have shared similar pain management experiences. Fwiw.

I agree! Edibles made with multiple different strains and some tokes while they wait to kick in with multi strain kief on top. Must be the more and diverse cannabanoids.

common in natural medicine to “spam” the illness hoping to have the right element or combination present for relief.

beluga

beluga

I agree! Edibles made with multiple different strains and some tokes while they wait to kick in with multi strain kief on top. Must be the more and diverse cannabanoids.

common in natural medicine to “spam” the illness hoping to have the right element or combination present for relief.

Isn't that kind of a western approach?
I feel like it's generally more of a natural approach to treat things systemically and listen, respond, and modify the inputs to specify them to your personal needs. Aiding the body to regulate itself rather than eviscerate your issues in a symptom-based approach, which I'd think 'spamming' the body would do.
What I'd think to be a natural approach would be to eliminate all inputs and then try them bit by bit (and synergistically) to see which ones have true relieving properties for your personal makeup.
Just my own speculation based on an airy understanding of functional and eastern medicines.

Latest posts

Top Bottom