Does it always smell bad?

• Thread starter PhoenixFlower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PhoenixFlower

PhoenixFlower

I got my buds hanging in the closet, and they smell absolutely BLAND, they don't smell like marijuana whatsoever. Is this normal? Or have I grown bad buds?

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
What is your drying process?
Your drying process is 80% of getting top finished product.

Cannagar

Cannagar

I got my buds hanging in the closet, and they smell absolutely BLAND, they don't smell like marijuana whatsoever. Is this normal? Or have I grown bad buds?
You haven’t necessarily grown bad bud. But you have cured them incorrectly. That means your buds dried far too quickly.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
This was the most helpful thing I ever found about curing weed and improved my grows immensely. I would refer you to this post from 2010
Bro!
You can not post troll it up crap on The Farm!!
Heed my warning!!
This can get you in hot water!!
Not this time though!
You’ve been properly warned!!
😉

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
I did read it and it is a completely flawed approach, and has no solid content whatsoever. Some of these jars have been in here for over a year. Burped once or every other month. Keeps curing and getting better with time.
9C9B16F7 8912 4670 A414 9C5CB1E8CC98
A1B5D689 586A 4F99 9A1C 7B46ED4EED3C
3F69B857 8C9B 4EE8 83F9 0DD384C6F3D3
this has been in there over a year and is absolute fire. Used with the same drying technique I posted above.

Cannagar

Cannagar

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Welp. Always good to learn new things.😅
That’s not to say there’s other techniques,
I’ve tried and failed for many years until I found the way that works rite for me.
I’ve thrown away probably over 50 pounds till I got it rite:)

PhoenixFlower

PhoenixFlower

What is your drying process?
Your drying process is 80% of getting top finished product.
They've been hanging for two days now, I haven't dried them yet. But they don't smell like anything remotely close to marijuana, they smell like... well, plants, if I was to take a guess?
You haven’t necessarily grown bad bud. But you have cured them incorrectly. That means your buds dried far too quickly.
I haven't put them in jars yet, they were literally just cut down two days ago

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
They've been hanging for two days now, I haven't dried them yet. But they don't smell like anything remotely close to marijuana, they smell like... well, plants, if I was to take a guess?

I haven't put them in jars yet, they were literally just cut down two days ago
Back to my original question?
Temps?
Humidity?
Outdoor grown?
Indoor grown?

PhoenixFlower

PhoenixFlower

Back to my original question?
Temps?
Humidity?
Outdoor grown?
Indoor grown?
Indoor grown, in my closet so I'm not sure about the temps and overall humidity. My hygrometer says 35% humidity and 19.2C currently, but that's not in my closet. Just my room. It did get as low as 8C last night, so my tems are a bit on the cool side but I heard that's preferable to being too hot, as the hot temps can burn terps

Cannagar

Cannagar

Indoor grown, in my closet so I'm not sure about the temps and overall humidity. My hygrometer says 35% humidity and 19.2C currently, but that's not in my closet. Just my room. It did get as low as 8C last night, so my tems are a bit on the cool side but I heard that's preferable to being too hot, as the hot temps can burn terps
Yeah. That sounds like it dried way to quickly. 35 percent humidity is way to low.

indogrow420

indogrow420

Humidity way to low and drying too fast maybe do you have fans in there? Cut the fans up for a night and check the rh next day maybe keep the door closed too

Latest posts

Top Bottom