• Thread starter oscar169
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Pretty girl, nice teefuses!

Look at those nails! I make Hazel run on concrete to wear her nails down, easy since she gets all excited and goes 'fool dawg' so easy.
yeah shoot, we dont have concrete around here..our road is gravel

Do you think I may have to trim them? (scary if you clip too close!)
i might have to have that done by the vet maybe..

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

I thought so, too. Then my active military friend from HS mentioned a dog's titanium teeth. It's not BS.
A regular dental crown can be made from metal im sure but it is not as if they are replacing teeth to give them some extra ability to bite through metal or kevlar or make them superdog,A tooth is only as strong as what its attached too so the whole damn jaw would have to be replaced also and then whatever thats attached to and so on and so on.These kinds of animals routinely break teeth in training so sure a cap can be made of titanium but does it have some extra strength or special use more so than a regular tooth?No.
When you see the character jaws in james bond movies do you really beleive he can bite through metal cables too,lol.

slumdog80

slumdog80

I had to look up some more info/pictures of them. I can't recall ever seeing one in person.
2008-11-20-2008goats-008.jpg

2864008575227198785ptczFudc.jpg

I think I fell in love with them to honest. Average life span of 10-11 years too, that is really good for a large breed. That's a huge
plus for me. You might see me posting some puppy pictures sometime soon!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl

Since they're white it should be easy, but I, too, am paranoid about hurting the animal, so yes, I'd take her to the vet to have it done. Or a groomer. But yeah, they seem kinda long to me.
A regular dental crown can be made from metal im sure but it is not as if they are replacing teeth to give them some extra ability to bite through metal or kevlar or make them superdog,A tooth is only as strong as what its attached too so the whole damn jaw would have to be replaced also and then whatever thats attached to and so on and so on.These kinds of animals routinely break teeth in training so sure a cap can be made of titanium but does it have some extra strength or special use more so than a regular tooth?No.
When you see the character jaws in james bond movies do you really beleive he can bite through metal cables too,lol.
IIRC, it's a crown or cap. I don't recall him giving specifics, just that they do use them. He's not part of that program, just oversaw as CSM of the base.
Thanks I love her! She is a great dog!
She is a Great Pyrenees (live stock guard dog)
LOTS of people up here have them, especially if they're running sheep or goats on pasture. Too many mountain lions, etc, not to!

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
getting down in the 20's tonight had to bring my oldest dogs in for the next few nights

Roxie is a 14 year old great dane X pit bull
Roxie125

and Mud puddle is an 11 year old mix

Mud125

Both are very happy to be inside and have a rawhide bone for the 1st time in a while :)

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
After a lot of soul searching I've decided to euthanize one of my girls who has grown an inoperable tumor. Rough day that's for sure. She will be loved always.

outwest

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
After a lot of soul searching I've decided to euthanize one of my girls who has grown an inoperable tumor. Rough day that's for sure. She will be loved always.

outwest
So sorry Outwest...:(

Mr_GreenGenes

Mr_GreenGenes

outwest
So sorry to hear bro. Losing a furry friend is never easy. MGG

urbanfog

urbanfog

outwest
sorry to hear sir, may you conscience be free.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
My dog is 14 today the fatty bitch!

Love her to bits like, getting old now for a lab!
View attachment 357107
She looks very happy! :)

We brought Pippin the goat dog inside last night too.
She could probaly handle sub zero temps...but she is just a puppy still
My wife caught her snuggling with the cat:)
Pipandfluffy

They normally jump up when you catch them like this

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

outwest

Sorry to hear man! Very sad. All the best to you and yours.

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

outwest

Be strong bro, sorry to hear.

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter

outwest
Sorry to Hear that Bro, Take it easy...:(

MysteryChild

MysteryChild

You'll have to trim then ken
You can do it
Don't worry about cutting to close
Make sure you have good lighting so you can see where to cut
Practice touching his feet and pretending to cut his nails
Practice with or without clippers

Latest posts

Top Bottom