DoubleD's going commercial?

• Thread starter persiankid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
persiankid

persiankid

Has the MPB system hit the market yet? For some reason I thought november or december 2010 was the release date? I could be totally off.. just wondering if anyone has heard anything. I've been wanting to wait for it to come out before I make a final decision on which system to rock

M

medicalmick

I have ran a lot of differnt systems and my favorite is actually the one I built. Try different things and see what works for you. I would say Dwc is probably the easiest systems to run and use. I have had amazing yeilds and enormous plants with recirculating dwc that I made.

M

Mr.

I would like to know the release date as well. I may purchase that system instead of the Under Current if it comes out within 4 weeks and suits my needs.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I have ran a lot of differnt systems and my favorite is actually the one I built. Try different things and see what works for you. I would say Dwc is probably the easiest systems to run and use. I have had amazing yeilds and enormous plants with recirculating dwc that I made.

:speechless

S

Steve Z

I would like to know the release date as well. I may purchase that system instead of the Under Current if it comes out within 4 weeks and suits my needs.

personally even with the respect for DD's its not him thats producing them he got bought out for 450K so some other company is making them. i'd say give them a year after they release and let them work out all the kinks, then get the improved less hassle setup.

i'd go with another setup anyways, or if your looking for a new one, just build an MPB. everythin you need is in these threads here....

F

fletchman

450K????

Holy shit, the company that did that has more money than brains.

By the time they have it in production someone will come up with a better system.

Hell the Undercurrent rocks the plants out and is MUCH more simple than these MPB's.

Not knocking DD at all, im happy for him, he is laughing himself all the way to the bank.

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

dont hold your breath on a 4 week release date i would say if they have any sense at all they will be advertising here before the release. anyone can advertise here so why would they not the core fan base is right here.

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

Although anyone can advertise here it cost money to do that. You cant sell your wares here at the Farm unless your a supporting vendor and you pay the Forum Supporting Vendor Advertising fee's. Just like any other forum based site. :anim_09:

if you are willing to pay someone 350 or 450k (i've heard both) for the rights to their DIY design I'm 1,000,000% sure they have enough money to advertise on the farm and this is the most logical place to begin with a marketing campaign get the consumers who understand the system on board before you go to places where they have never heard of a MPB.

regardless paid advertisement or not just like UC's if a MPB was available anyone from the company could start a thread (psudo advertisement) about it and it would be just as legit as me starting one asking if anyone seen the new monster ebb and grow from cap with 5 gal buckets. the users would keep the thread active they would not have to spam one bit and it would be a completely legit thread.

if the thread said "DD's MPBs are now available my boy works for the company and sent me the link they just went live" that would get a few thousand views in no time and be 20 pages long they would not have to chime in to the thread again ever.

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

honestly unless DD patented this design i find it very hard to believe anyone in their right mind would pay him anything for a design that has step by step instructions on how to make it available for free they could have knocked it off and not given him a penny UNLESS he held some patents.

S

Steve Z

honestly unless DD patented this design i find it very hard to believe anyone in their right mind would pay him anything for a design that has step by step instructions on how to make it available for free they could have knocked it off and not given him a penny UNLESS he held some patents.

that was kinda the point though, he produced his herb and gave it away FOR FREE to patients in need. he wasnt really concerned about the money.

but i heard outta from him himself that "his hard work paid off" and i heard 450 from DD himself so i dont know what other stories you heard....

AND

i think your forgetting he's not in USA he is from canada under canadian laws. i think 450 is reasonable after seeing up close what his shit actually does. not what other people can do with it but how much he had it dialed and showed what it could produce.

S

Steve Z

so in comparison its really like someone trying to profit off of a FIM top.... like shit yeah thanks for helping but COME ON

i dont know, but any way this is 100% speculation with everything considered....

to answer the thread

YES he went commercial

if your asking a time frame then no idea

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

The Plot Thickens

I must admit it seems a bit far fetched, the idea of a company laying down $450K for a system design....but if I remember reading correctly, DD mentioned that sum included 15+/- trade show appearences and more importantly his "high aeration nutrient formula".

The thing that seems odd is I don't remember ever reading/hearing of DD using his own nutes. Wasn't he all about Advanced w/ H & G additives?

DD/MPB experts please chime in as if they're was a nutrient involved, has anyone ever heard wind of it?....

Widowmaker

Widowmaker

In big business $450K is not allot of money. There are many salesman that make that in salary a year. 15 trade shows sounds like it could take more than a year. Who would of thought Martha Stewart would be worth $1 billion, WTF did she do, copy some recipes and put them in a book.
If DDs wrote a book I'd buy it. If he was behind a nutrient line I'd try it. For all we know he may have under sold his product/service.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I know dd's isnt here anymore - but was this the only place he posted?

seems like he just dropped off the face of the planet

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Sounds like he is working on a Nute lineup. I would have to say giving credit where credit is due.....DD's system put out 4# plants. I have yet to see an UnderCurrent come close to that. By no means am I knocking the UC. I think it's a great system. Until I see Jack pull 4# trees from a UC I would still have to say that DD's methods and system are far superior.

Personally I have been waiting for this to come out, because I know DD's will see royalty's on each one sold. He did revolutionize the way we look at growing and IMHO deserves to be compensated for it.

F

Farmer Jon

Premium Member
Supporter
Id have to say that UC and MPB all owe there success to the short Cummings of the waterfarm. Deep water culture is amazing, and anyone who has been growing for more than 5 years has prob had a waterfarm from GH. Descent idea but the damn solution has a different reading in each bucket...hmmm well if i make the holes a bit larger and put one on each end, than use a pump to circulate the solution maybe the ph and ppm will remain constant throughout the system....Bingo, that works well but the pipe keeps getting clogged with massive roots balls....hmmm i got it ill just make the holes a bit bigger and use pvc pipe i bet 2 in would work well....this damn aquarium sealant sucks i wonder if there is a better way to seal this pipe...hmmmm, sweeeeet deal i bet these uniseals will work great...OMG the plants are getting to big and the buckets are tipping....hmmmm....Bigger buckets !!!
Bigger pipe, more air, more circulation!
The point im trying to make is that progress comes in stages, I was lucky enough to see the UC in its early stages when it was little more than a modified water farm sitting in Tower indoor garden for all to be amazed by (i was) and now there are folks like Jack and BEN showing the world what it can do.
Id have to say the UC and MPB systems have more in common than not, sure they look different but the reasons they work are the same.
IMO the reason bigger plants have been reported in the mpb is due to the size of the mini rez 13 gal vs 27 gal. maybe the UC will be available in larger versions one day.
FJ

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Runnin a total of 12 different UC systems and 1 DD system and am about to scrap the DD setup if that tells ya anything...it just doesn't do what you want it to at all, way to complicated, way to much water in motion to do what it does, way to many lines, way to many holes, like takin a 40 seperate steps to crack an egg. Rube Goldberg comes to mind..lol

Has anybody even got remotely the results previously posted? I don't think so unless i missed something, the systems just do not perform or at least I can not figure it out and I am pretty friggin crafty with water. Not doubtin anybody but I have just pulled some two and three pound DRIED plants and they are way way way bigger than any that have been shown to represent much higher wieghts..Im not sayin anything, Im just sayin

Under Current is hands down the easiest most cost efficient way to blow out rcdwc right out of the box and especially for DIY which the DD is a total nightmare

Anyways thats my .02

Tex

Enjoy lol
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iIZpnBpTfU&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Top Bottom