Doubleds nutrient schedule

• Thread starter doubleds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mojado

hey doubleds need your expert advice

i know your a big advocate of sealed rooms. instead of a split ac i have a huge 5hp chiller im using to cool the lights and provide ac for my 8 1000w lights. do you recommend having an exhaust fan for lights out period to exhaust stagnant co2. also is it necessar to introduce fresh air or is this unnecessary.

your help will b greaty appreciated thanks

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Got to have a GOOD AC! Mini split IS the way to go.
No need to exhaust. Just run co2, AC, and a scrubber.

C

ClimateControl

Agreed, Ductless Mini Splits are the Best In A Grow Room

They are awesome in Grow Rooms, Server Rooms and a ton of applications.

Please do not spend more than you have too, there are allot of people out there gouging the prices on mini splits. We dont!

If you are in the market on a mini split, please let me know!

M

michmj

I'm running chillers on FresaSols too, in addition to some smaller AC units. They seem to work but I wish I would have gone with a split AC to avoid all of the extra plumbing. I did initially experience some algae problems with algae growth but was able to remedy it by using pool chemicals.

M

michmj

Using H&G supplements made a huge difference for me. I know that they're expensive but they're worth it. For a 150 gallon res change during early veg, it costs $105 for H&G (Roots, Algen & Multizen) at 3/4x strength recommended on bottles plus 1L ea of Sensi Grow A&B to get to around 900 ppm, starting at water with 250ppm (half RO water, half well water).

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Roots stop growing at week 3?

Apparently you've not run high performance water culture.

M

Mmmmasonite

Roots stop growing at week 3?

Apparently you've not run high performance water culture.

Awe.... c'mon now buddy...you know what I mean....The majority of the growth is done...so in order to save yourself some money.....Just hand water beneficials like plant success or great white....once a week...for the rest of the growth...Stay positive to help the people my man....Peace

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Awe.... c'mon now buddy...you know what I mean....The majority of the growth is done...so in order to save yourself some money.....Just hand water beneficials like plant success or great white....once a week...for the rest of the growth...Stay positive to help the people my man....Peace

I feel you.....just giving you a hard time SD Hydro.

;)

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Hydro.....

I like H&G a lot......which is why my expectations are so high when it comes to it.

Of course Canna too.....but frankly, I'm happy when I use either. As with all nutes, it's more how you use it than what you use.

Organic....

I'm more of a compost tea, hydrolized fish and guano guy, I do like Earth Juice and Vital Earth products a lot as well.

Besides H & G, what are a couple of your favorites?

M

Mmmmasonite

Hydro.....

I like H&G a lot......which is why my expectations are so high when it comes to it.

Of course Canna too.....but frankly, I'm happy when I use either. As with all nutes, it's more how you use it than what you use.

Organic....

I'm more of a compost tea, hydrolized fish and guano guy, I do like Earth Juice and Vital Earth products a lot as well.

Besides H & G, what are a couple of your favorites?

i like to use Advanced supplements along with all H&G..... Mad farmer....Budswel too....which is liquid bat guano for hydro or soil..smells like crap but.....really brings out color and flavor....Nirvana all the way through..it is a great bio catalyst...vitamins...aminos...kelp... ect.......Cal mag.....Big Bud weeks 2-5 of flower...Bud candy all through flower...Mad Farmer's Nutrient Up Take Solution...which is a fulvic acid i use mid week to bring down ph and break down the existing nutes naturally in my rez..Silica blast to naturally raise ph and make heartier plants.....You know... it's like baking a cake...Everyone has a certain recipe....I know it seems like a lot but I have been told i have some of the best meds around....so....I stick to it....took a lot of time to develop....through trial and error...word of mouth...and what the people like and don't like with each batch of meds.... I know to keep something in my arsenal when people say....wow!!! what did you do different this time?....I like it! I just love to grow and have been at it for years trying to improve...... Peace

S

snake679

So as far as mixing all of these fertilizers, i am a bit thrown off. Does everybody mix the base (grow or bloom A&B) at recommended strength per advanced, then add the extras? Or do you mix everything together (Base A&B and all extras) per advanced, then add that final mixture until you reach your desired PPM?

I mixed my initial grow mixture at 40% recommended strength and that put me almost at the total recommended PPM of 600 without adding anything else. Just trying to get a handle on this. I have always grown in soil, so this is a bit of culture shock to me. If it makes any difference, I am using a Hanna TDS meter.

Thanks in advance for any help. I am just about ready to fire this up, and I hate to waste the chemicals and/or power that it will take to run my 900 gallon system. =)

Giddeon

Giddeon

So as far as mixing all of these fertilizers, i am a bit thrown off. Does everybody mix the base (grow or bloom A&B) at recommended strength per advanced, then add the extras? Or do you mix everything together (Base A&B and all extras) per advanced, then add that final mixture until you reach your desired PPM?

I mixed my initial grow mixture at 40% recommended strength and that put me almost at the total recommended PPM of 600 without adding anything else. Just trying to get a handle on this. I have always grown in soil, so this is a bit of culture shock to me. If it makes any difference, I am using a Hanna TDS meter.

Thanks in advance for any help. I am just about ready to fire this up, and I hate to waste the chemicals and/or power that it will take to run my 900 gallon system. =)

If you haven't got a grasp on mixing a hydro solution yet then maybe 900 gal is a bit to large for the first go at it. Start small, learn there, then go big. I started with 4 plant MPB understood it from there and have expanded as I feel comfortable.

But I always have started bi mixing everything to half strength of what is listed and then build the individual nutrients as they are needed.

S

snake679

Well, I actually have two 450 gallon, 20 light systems, so its a little to late to start small. ;)

I understand the concept of TDS and mixing nutes, I have just heard several diferent ways people mix things and wanted to know what everybody thought. I mixed everything at 36% of recommended and added until I reached the desired PPM. Plants seem to be loving it. I just dont want to be using any more of those expensive nutes than I have to.......

spanky

spanky

Hello everyone just wanted someone to point me in the right direction or let me know.I know its been asked b4,i've looked through the threads and cant get a straight answer,tried following the thread reccommended diy and still cant find out if its the sensi a/b for grow and bloom or the other a/b line advance nut. has.thanks.

Top Bottom