Dr Greenthumbs Sour Diesel Grow Journal & Smoke report

• Thread starter Dr Gruber
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Dr Gruber

Greetings,

Dr Greenthumb was kind enough to give me these seeds to journal for him. They are his new Sour Diesel (S1's) feminized seeds.

It took 7 days from shipping to my mail box.

These will start out under CFL's then switch to 250 mh for veg and end up under 2- 400 watt hps lamps for flower. Using Foxfarm OF soil, and Jacks Classic nutes.

I will start the germ process later today and will report often once they get going.

A picture of the product.....

Dr greenthumbs sour diesel grow journal  smoke report
Dr greenthumbs sour diesel grow journal  smoke report 2
N

Natz

i just started DRG Big Purp. i will keep a look out on this one

Jack_Baybeh

Jack_Baybeh

Interesting. I've watched Greenthumbs work since the old cannabis.com board back in 97' when he was all about his Niagra. His prices seem a bit too inflated these days. IMHO. Would like to see what these produce though. Good luck bro.

H

Hazeface

If u don't mind me asking what is the flower time on the Doc's...Sour D...

D

Dr Gruber

awesome diary,I'll keep my eye on this one doc... :)

Thank you!

i just started DRG Big Purp. i will keep a look out on this one
Do you have a journal on the Purps...Id like to see that.

Interesting. I've watched Greenthumbs work since the old cannabis.com board back in 97' when he was all about his Niagra. His prices seem a bit too inflated these days. IMHO. Would like to see what these produce though. Good luck bro.

The price does seem high but to me I get peace of mind knowing I'm going to get quality genitics and to be honest, one branch pays for it 2 times over.

I dont know but I have an email out to the Doc asking him just that...I will let you know when he gets back to me.

Thanks for the comments everyone!

D

Dr Gruber

The Doc just emailed me back and says "about 70 days". I have heard others say about 10 to 12 weeks for ECSD, so I guess thats about right.

D

Dr Gruber

I decided to germ 3 of the 6 seeds the Doc sent me because of space limitations and just in case I screw them up. I started the germination process Tuesday at 5pm, so we will see just how long they take.

R

ReadySetGrowD9

Pulling up a seat and sitting on the edge of it :) cant wait for this ECSD is my fav :)

D

Dr Gruber

By 3pm wednesday 1 of the three has a tap root about 1/2 inch long. I put it into a Jiffy Pellet and am waiting on the next two.

JH420

JH420

Do you know if anyone (perhaps the Dr himself) has test grown these out yet? I like the thought of pure ECSD not crossed to anything but as an s1 I wonder if there will be serious herm issues on this particular strain?

D

Dr Gruber

I dont know if anyone has grown them out yet, I would imagine the Doc has though. But here is what he said about this issue on another site.

"There have been some mutterings about our Sour Diesel S1s, whether they would express hermy or male flowers like the other guys versions out there and the answer to that is a definite no. Remember they said that about our OG and Chemdog, Bubba and Cindy and so on and yet the net is sillent in regards to hermy or male plants from any of our S1 seeds. As with any our S1 seeds, it is theoretically possible you may see the odd male flower very late on, but it is highly unlikely."

D

Dr Gruber

whats the yeild on them

Not really sure about that. On the Dr Greenthumb site he has most of his strains listed but since this is a new one he doesnt have all the info on it yet. Maybe I will shoot him an email and ask.

Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
nice!....good luck on this grow homie. Docs bean rock. no nanners bro. hes a solid breeder. you should get nothing but utter dankness. these will def take 10 weeks....maybe even 12 if its like the original cut is. the longer with the ECSD the better usually....~SMF~

D

Dr Gruber

Update

Hmmmm....well things are going slow. As I mentioned, 1 of the 3 popped and I put it in a jiffy pellet, it has popped out of the dirt and has it's cotyledon leafs.
The other 2 are very slow...1 of them has popped its tap root but the other is just starting to open. I have always had 100% gerination, but i did change my method a bit so it is probably something I did wrong. I still feel confident it will pop as the seeds all look very healthy.

Here are a couple pics....

IMG 0211
IMG 0213
R

Rob1

this should be off the hook.. i see nothing but good things from Dr Greenthumbs work...

D

Dr Gruber

I forgot to mention that the second seed popped and is in a jiffy pellet. It popped out of the dirt and is on its way to glory. The 3rd seed hasnt done anything so I will germ another tonight so I can have 3 in my garden.

Take care all......

C

c4NN4daze

This is great! I just ordered some of these D's today along with his Iranian AF. A lot of rave has been heard about the Iranians. Interested to see how it turns out for you. Happy Harvests! CD

Latest posts

Top Bottom