DR40 Tent Grow- first grow

• Thread starter MtnGoat3
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MtnGoat3

MtnGoat3

Hey Farmers,
This is my first grow. With my limited budget and limited space I am running a 16"x16"x47" grow tent with a 500W CF Flood Lamp, a 300W CFL and a 6" in-line duct fan for the exhaust out the top. My temps are steady around 77 F. Im at about 10 days of flowering for this clone of a Lemon Larry purple pheno. Any suggestions or some helpful tips for SCROGing would be greatly appreciated.
Peace, Love, One, All
Goat

Dr40 tent grow  first grow
Dr40 tent grow  first grow 2
Dr40 tent grow  first grow 3
L

labscission

Nice set up, Goat!! What brand is the 16"x16"x47" grow tent? I've been looking for soemthing this size...

I would suggest that you bring your screen down a bit to fill it in. If you're 10 days into flower then you are about halfway through the stretch period. I would also create smaller squares on your screen to hold the branches down better. Flatten that lady and you'll have lots of tops!

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
nice and clean looking. Hopefully nite temps are little lower then day. But i like the set up..oooh its fun.

MtnGoat3

MtnGoat3

16 days of flowering

Thanks for the positive feedback and suggestions. The grow tent is a Secret Jardin Darkroom 40 and heres a link to a site that has them for nice price. http://www.aghydroponics.com/DarkRoom-40-p/dr40.htm Just tell them JC sent you. My temps in the day are pretty steady at 77 and 68 at night. I took the good advice and lowered the screen. Here is an after shot taken at 16 days with the results so far. I have heard that after 20 days she starts to turn purple. I am excited to find out. :rastadancing:

IMG 2091
IMG 2095
ShivaSkunkPunk

ShivaSkunkPunk

good work MG, I have the dr60 and love it for its size and stealth capability, if you got a sec check out my pics, anyhew, put a circ fan on the outside blowing in one of the many openings to strenghthen up the plant and for better bud growth

ShivaSkunkPunk

ShivaSkunkPunk

oh yeah, it looks like you have the one plant in there right

t.o.med

t.o.med

nice setup how do you like the tent so far i was thinking of getting the dr60 for some little ones to veg in.

t.o.med

ShivaSkunkPunk

ShivaSkunkPunk

nice setup how do you like the tent so far i was thinking of getting the dr60 for some little ones to veg in.

t.o.med

can't go wrong for any phase of grow, seed, veg, or even flower, light tight and easy tear down/reassembly

t.o.med

t.o.med

thanks thats what i wanyed to hear. i think ill pick one up nexy week.

MtnGoat3

MtnGoat3

As far as i can tell it's worth the money. With the pull string closers on the electric cord outlets and exhaust outlet it makes it easy to rig-up and seal-up. I have been very pleased. The passive vents on the side made it nice for adjusting your temps too.

C

ColoraDro

Looks like you have you a lil something going on here, I have a couple buddies who run the 4x8 silver edition huts and rock 2k in each one with a carbon scrubber and all the bells and whistles haha

Great job can't wait to see what the larry looks like!

MtnGoat3

MtnGoat3

24 days of flower

Coloradro- A 4x8 would be a great size. I wish I had some more room to work with, it's been a kind of work in progress. I bet the 2k made some nice buds.

I thought I would post some new photos. The lil' lady is now in 24 days of flower and producing some nice resin content. Recently I just added a 6" duct to my fan and it dropped the temp. So to increase the heat I put two new 100W CFLs to increase light penetration for the lower buds. My temps dropped below 68 with the lights on, now its around 75-77. Next project is a DIY carbon filter with some aquarium active carbon. Shes starting to get pretty stank. If you have any suggestions on that, please let me know. I have a real low budget right now, so DIY is great.

IMG 2160
IMG 2161
IMG 2163
MtnGoat3

MtnGoat3

Nearing the Finish

I am now almost 2 weeks from harvest and am very excited. The smells are incredible. This Lemon Larry purple pheno has a thick fruity-citrus aroma with a slight wine essence that lingers in your nose. Almost like a Sangria.:smiley_joint: Just recently smoked some of a friends and loved it. Curious to see if mine will be the same as the mother which turned purple (was advised by a friend that mine did not turn purple due to steady temps). I have started to flush with water to get a nice clean taste. The last photo is just a shot of how crazy it has been to attempt to tame this wild strain in such a small space. It sure has been fun.:sun

IMG 2189
IMG 2201
IMG 2203
IMG 2205
ShivaSkunkPunk

ShivaSkunkPunk

Lookin good my friend, I can't wait to make it to the finish line on the 1st run either, I wish I had a concise flower period, but i'm just gonna play by eye and growth and see what we get, peace Shiva

MtnGoat3

MtnGoat3

Thanks Shiva. I like how your setup is coming as well. Beautiful crop. How do your plants react to trimming the fan leaves? I have been wondering if I should be trimming mine up a little more. Are you happy with the size of the dr60? Secret Jardin cab's are nicely built I think. I am at 45 days of flowering and I was told that it is ready at about 55. From the pics do you think I should still be feeding? Any advice is greatly appreciated. Peace.

ShivaSkunkPunk

ShivaSkunkPunk

MG3 - sorry bro, I am on here farmin all the time and didn't know I missed this ?, personally I will only trim large light hoggin water leaves and at a minimal, I went nuts one day too heavily med'd and really shocked the plant to the point it nearly stopped all growth for a week, what I am learning is you want as few changes as possible in flower. The size of dr60 is ok, they discontinued dr80 which is what i wanted its just slightly bigger, and yeah their built like bullet proof vest. Pics look good, how's recent growth been, any new pistil growth?, I'm gonna try to look at growth and possibly let mine go 9-10 weeks with 7-10 flush towards end just to get more bud growth, don't wanna risk potency so may be earlier if growth stops, keep it up bro

G

greenthumb

those nugs look very beautifull 1 question whats that red thing in top right of your tent?

B

Ben Gilroy

Nice pics.. How are you liking the DR40? I'M thinking of getting to 120 for my first grow

Top Bottom