drdre and trees

• Thread starter Drdre
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DapperDon

DapperDon

I know I am really late to this show, but I was wanting to ask the Good Dr what kind of tanks are you running in there?

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

Such impressive work! Thank you for sharing. What kind of nute schedule do you have those girls on?

D

Drdre

Guy who digs fat girls
Supporter
I know I am really late to this show, but I was wanting to ask the Good Dr what kind of tanks are you running in there?

These are a custom tank that holds 35 gal of water. The design is a close friends tank that is not on the market.

Such impressive work! Thank you for sharing. What kind of nute schedule do you have those girls on?

My schedule is nothing special just dutch master gold line.

stickyfing3rs

stickyfing3rs

The tubs look real familiar, thought I remembered em from a year or two ago around here somewhere . If there what I remember they are bad ass. I bet that's a sight to see in person. Beautiful

DapperDon

DapperDon

The tubs look real familiar, thought I remembered em from a year or two ago around here somewhere . If there what I remember they are bad ass. I bet that's a sight to see in person. Beautiful
If I were to hazard a guess they would be Jalisco Kids?

stickyfing3rs

stickyfing3rs

No wasn't his I don't think . I think cap is the only one who's shown jks buckets

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

I have had great success with DM Gold and it looks like you are too. Very impressive work.. Oh did I say that already?? ;)

I believe they are thompsonmail designs. Could be wrong though... All the haters are holding those tongues now... :○ I for 1 wish he was still around the farm...

D

Drdre

Guy who digs fat girls
Supporter
I have had great success with DM Gold and it looks like you are too. Very impressive work.. Oh did I say that already?? ;)

I believe they are thompsonmail designs. Could be wrong though... All the haters are holding those tongues now... :○ I for 1 wish he was still around the farm...

Thanks a4f You are correct they are thompsons design.
Dre

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

I remember because I was/am one of those farmers that hoped I could be lucky enough to rock one of his systems one day. I Find him to be a very smart man. I hope he pops back in one day.. I am happy I get to see you work with one of his beasts. It's one of the great things about the Farm, if I can't live my dream yet at least I can see it's obtainable and watch it happen.. Thanks for sharing. .

Last edited:
D

Drdre

Guy who digs fat girls
Supporter
I remember because I was/am one of those farmers that hoped I could be lucky enough to rock one of his systems one day. I Find him to be a very smart man. I hope he pops back in one day.. I am happy I get to see you work with one of his beasts. It's one of the great things about the Farm, if I can't live my dream yet at least I can see it's obtainable and watch it happen.. Thanks for sharing. .

I'm sure he would be glad to here that some people still believe in him and this system. I agree he is very smart and would go as far to say the guy is a genius.
I will also say that I wouldn't have as much success as I do with out the great people on the farm that chime in when I got a question about solving a problems. Especially @Jalisco Kid.

Are the tanks rdwc, aero, or a combination of something else?

It's a deep water culture but I also drain 20% of my system daily.There is no air stones and I got a couple other twist.

Awesome work @Drdre
That room looks on point!

Thanks Waayne it's not as on point as I would like. I started off with over feeding my plants and I got 1 plant that got root rot but it's still producing.

J

Jalisco Kid

" It's a deep water culture but I also drain 20% of my system daily.There is no air stones and I got a couple other twist."

Are you dumping 20% over and above the loss per day? Looks like that room loses more then 30 gal during lights off. I have a passive rez at around 50% ppm that gets topped of with ro. so after 4 days it might be around 15-25% ppm. I load up my rez with new feed about every 4 days unless it is a hot summer week. First day they feed a little hard and my ppms drop but they level out. Doing it this way I do not get that greening up from being underfed as some plants do with a new rez.
Looking good the way its working though. The thing I like about my sys and most rdwc is you can pull a plant offline to treat her and keep the infection away from the other plants. Not like those stupid inline systems you see sold around in places. All my rdwc systems can be separated by turning a few valves. Though some believe I have too much plumbing with that and 2) 2" drains and a 2" overflow but you never need that shit till you really need it. Oz. of prevention is worth a lb. of cured. Hope your sick one comes back to produce for you.
You must be looking forward to the next 2 runs as I always hit better harvest in the fall and winter. Suerte JK

D

Drdre

Guy who digs fat girls
Supporter
" It's a deep water culture but I also drain 20% of my system daily.There is no air stones and I got a couple other twist."

Are you dumping 20% over and above the loss per day? Looks like that room loses more then 30 gal during lights off. I have a passive rez at around 50% ppm that gets topped of with ro. so after 4 days it might be around 15-25% ppm. I load up my rez with new feed about every 4 days unless it is a hot summer week. First day they feed a little hard and my ppms drop but they level out. Doing it this way I do not get that greening up from being underfed as some plants do with a new rez.
Looking good the way its working though. The thing I like about my sys and most rdwc is you can pull a plant offline to treat her and keep the infection away from the other plants. Not like those stupid inline systems you see sold around in places. All my rdwc systems can be separated by turning a few valves. Though some believe I have too much plumbing with that and 2) 2" drains and a 2" overflow but you never need that shit till you really need it. Oz. of prevention is worth a lb. of cured. Hope your sick one comes back to produce for you.
You must be looking forward to the next 2 runs as I always hit better harvest in the fall and winter. Suerte JK

Jk thanks I got a float attached to my Rez that runs to Rez full of ro water. I drain my ppms down 20% then raise it back up and it stays consistent.

What is the point of draining from your system?

I found that if I starve my girls for 3 day and then I do a Rez change they eat 100 ppms over night and just minimal the couple days to follow. It's like girls let's eat as much as possible cuz dads going to starve us for a couple days. Now if I change it out every day they eat 60 ppms daily. I don't know what they are eating but I'll know after this run cuz I'm sending water samples into the lab and plus there constantly putting thing back in the water.

Wavegem

Wavegem

I have found that when ppm drop something is off in the nutrient mix. They will not drink as much they are hungry for a specific nutrient. A perfect mix I think is when nothing moves ph, ppm and the plants just drink. They inhale the water which is difficult to keep balanced sometimes just topping with ro dilutes it to much then ppm start to drop.

J

Jalisco Kid

One thing I think is an advantage over drain to waste is you get to see how much the girls eat the during the day. In my system they usually remove 25% of the ppms. when a decent size. I lose about 25% water level from my active rez during lights out from transpiring. This raises my ppm if I have the passive shut off, as they are interested in drinking water far more then eating. My 50% ppm passive helps to keep the swing down. I used to top off with just an ro/tap combo of 125-150 ppm. I saw a slight change in sap pH doing it.Topping off with 100 % ppm slowed the growth. I am guessing they need a slight change to dump their crap back through the roots. JK

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Jk thanks I got a float attached to my Rez that runs to Rez full of ro water. I drain my ppms down 20% then raise it back up and it stays consistent.

I found that if I starve my girls for 3 day and then I do a Rez change they eat 100 ppms over night and just minimal the couple days to follow. It's like girls let's eat as much as possible cuz dads going to starve us for a couple days. Now if I change it out every day they eat 60 ppms daily. I don't know what they are eating but I'll know after this run cuz I'm sending water samples into the lab and plus there constantly putting thing back in the water.

With all the money you are gonna make off that pull you can invest a couple gs in the horiba meters that will tell you ppms of Ca, N, K, etc.. individually.

Top Bottom