Dreaded 2 Black Spotted Spider Mite

• Thread starter DemonTrich
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

So after almost 5 yrs of a clean ass garden, I got the dreaded 2 black spotted spider mite. I believe it came from a bag (s) of fox farm ocean forest soil. I ONLY have mites in my clone/x loner room. 15' away from my veg and flower rooms. 9 of 75 in the cloner, and you of 40 potted in trays. I tossed every cutting in the cloner and potted clones in the garbage. On its way to the dump shortly. I believe when I up potted I cross contaminated when making holes for the clones in the cups, then digging into the cloner.

Washed everything with 50% bleach, then 9i% iso and hot water. Sprayed wipe out on my cloner shelves. Going to do a bleach wash, then iso wash later today. Ordering 2x 50 million nematodes for peace of mind, also 10 bottles of safer soap, and 10 bottles of wipe out. Already have avid and forbid f4 on stand by. I do NOT want to use the last 2 products.

No web's. Just the fn mites and eggs.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
So after almost 5 yrs of a clean ass garden, I got the dreaded 2 black spotted spider mite. I believe it came from a bag (s) of fox farm ocean forest soil. I ONLY have mites in my clone/x loner room. 15' away from my veg and flower rooms. 9 of 75 in the cloner, and you of 40 potted in trays. I tossed every cutting in the cloner and potted clones in the garbage. On its way to the dump shortly. I believe when I up potted I cross contaminated when making holes for the clones in the cups, then digging into the cloner.

Washed everything with 50% bleach, then 9i% iso and hot water. Sprayed wipe out on my cloner shelves. Going to do a bleach wash, then iso wash later today. Ordering 2x 50 million nematodes for peace of mind, also 10 bottles of safer soap, and 10 bottles of wipe out. Already have avid and forbid f4 on stand by. I do NOT want to use the last 2 products.

No web's. Just the fn mites and eggs.
Do you have an IPM plan.. preventative maintenance stuff?

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Just got back from the grow store (a different one).

Bought the following:
1 gal wipe out
3 bottles safer soap
2 bottles sns 217
1 can dr doom mite spray

Like I said, afaik, the mites are limited to my clone/cloner room only. I just sprayed 1 can on my shelves, floor, and 6 cloners. I'll also spray 1 bottle of sns 217 over the same stuff in 3 days. Then will do a wipe out spray. Then 99% iso, then 50% bleach. Then plain water. 2 days between each application.

Guy also said to switch to pro mix soil vs ffof.

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
Chances are, the mite did not come from the soil, IMO.

Check other sources. Always treat your plants like they have the plague, and spray organically. Almost nothing you posted was organic........ Good luck.

The Terps

The Terps

Just for the sake of the argument it is just as likely the mites came from other stuff not solely ffof. I mean it's not like you get it straight from the factory. It sits in the same soil distribution yards as all the other bagged mediums do and are all subject to bugs. I assume you also personally go to a hydro shop where everyone and their mom go to cure mites and such cross contamination of more than a few bags of dirt.
So what I'm saying is you seem pretty dead set ff did you wrong when in my reality they could have come from 1000 diffent places. And you/we/me can't prove any of it. But it is just as likely they came from non ff products.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
The other day. Where your mod tag? I was gonna ask logic if I could ban you, just to mess with ya. Lol
Still learning the mod thing.
It wasnt for me.. apparently them making me a mod made a couple people super butt hurt hahaha.

Something like azamax and a spinosad are a good ipm start. Some will make pepper sprays and what not but for some its easier to just buy a couple bottles.

Its good to switch them up.. bugs have a harder time of becoming resistant. Then when you get to late flower you can let them ride out and not have to worry about spraying a ton of crap on your formed buds.

jipp

jipp

i did not see this thread or i would of asked here.

i found this bug only one.. iv been clean..
i think its a preditor but i do not think its from growing.. i think its from out side i leave the tent open during the day..

sigh.. any idea? should be stressing and tearing my plants apart?

only found one. in a dark spot in side the coffin i had inside to germ seeds. lesson learn remove it i guess.. dark spots not good.

IMG 1485   Copy
DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
i did not see this thread or i would of asked here.

i found this bug only one.. iv been clean..
i think its a preditor but i do not think its from growing.. i think its from out side i leave the tent open during the day..

sigh.. any idea? should be stressing and tearing my plants apart?

only found one. in a dark spot in side the coffin i had inside to germ seeds. lesson learn remove it i guess.. dark spots not good.
Thats what they call a spider killer, its a predatory poisonous centepede. Very interesting bug, you can tell how old they are by how many legs the have, they start out with 4 or 6 and get longer as they get older. The two antenna looking things are actually poisonous barbs that they use to inject their prey with paralyzing venom.
They call them house centepedes, they vary in color.
centipede-the-dangerous-kind-bilit.jpg

Imagine finding that one lol!
At least thats what it kinda looks like in the blurry pic...

jipp

jipp

Thats what they call a spider killer, its a predatory poisonous centepede. Verey interesting bug, you can tell how old they are by how many legs the have, they start out with 4 or 6 and get longer as they get older. The two antenna looking things are actually poisonous barbs that they use to inject their prey with paralyzing venom.
They call them house centepedes, they vary in color.
centipede-the-dangerous-kind-bilit.jpg

Imagine finding that one lol!
ok that is scary.. im glad i found a baby.. i remove it.. thank you for helping me you have ease my mind.. im trying very hard to be clean etc.

thank you so much, i feel much more relax now i was stressing.. iv seen damage by bugs.

normaly what i find is tranchulas and scorpions.. but first time seeing one of these and def first time seeing the adult version.. right out of a horror movie.

Im glad i was right on it being predator just by observation..
so now i know what it is.
chris.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I store my ffof bags, perlite, and empty nute boxes (to put clone orders in) in my 10x10 clone/cloner room. This is the only room effected afaik. I'm going to inspect the 21 plants in veg tonight. So far, I looked at 6 plants around the room and all clean.

So seeing how I brought in 2 bags ffof, and empty nute boxes in the last 2 weeks, and only a few potted clones, and a few in the cloner had mites. That's why I'm thinking either the soil or boxes was where I got the Borg from.

Side note: ffof rep said they put in hyposasis miles (good bugs, all clear and look like a spider mite, w/o the dots) in their bags to help with the FG issues. This was 2 yrs ago when I heard this.

I have less than 2 weeks to fully eradicate my clone room before I have to take my next round of cuttings.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Silverfish and house centepedes are in the same family and both poisonous, ive never seen a silverfish that big tho, they are usually about the size of a small rolley poley and very fast. Silverfish are so fast that if they arent in a bathtub or open area they will get away alot of the time before you can squish em.
I catch the house centepedes in a jar and look for a spider to add to the jar and let the kids watch, the centepede usually wins, I saw a spider win once but it was a small centepede and the spider got em by surprise...

jipp

jipp

not like any silver fish iv seen ( for the record i never study one tho, laughs )to dry here for them i think unless you have a leak i guess.
i was able to catch it with my hand.

silver fish and me on crutches id lose. LOL

its a bug i do not want :)

chris.

Latest posts

Top Bottom