Dreaded 2 Black Spotted Spider Mite

• Thread starter DemonTrich
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Scored one of these beauties

And did the veg room. I looked at every damn plant for about 4 hrs tonight. Didn't see a damn thing. I'll respray it again Friday. Safer soap concentrate at 2.5oz/gal.

I also bleached and sprayed 99%iso on every damn thing in the cloner room tonight, cloners, walls, floor, lights, ect.

Now need to relax a bit Belmore harvest tonorrow.

20170411 221344
GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter

And did the veg room. I looked at every damn plant for about 4 hrs tonight. Didn't see a damn thing. I'll respray it again Friday. Safer soap concentrate at 2.5oz/gal.

I also bleached and sprayed 99%iso on every damn thing in the cloner room tonight, cloners, walls, floor, lights, ect.

Thats sweet.. a paint sprayer with a small tip works good too

P

PharmHand

I always get a little burn on newest growth from insecticidal soap. You get that at all? It works well though

P

PharmHand

Sulfur Burn?
Not sure. Just the tips/edges of very newest growth and it'll look a little too yellow/light green and it would slow it's formation. I stopped using insecticidal soap cuz of it. It was safers soap, it happened with trounce too which was soap and pyrethrins. So I figured it was the soap but maybe not idk

delae632

delae632

IG @delae_632
Supporter
Here's what I do/use, personally, if mites appear in my mother/clone/veg room. Set off an Attain fogger, and a Pyrethrum fogger at the same time (lights off).

Then I rotate sprays with Venerate, Grandevo, IC3, and green cleaner every 48-72 hours (I use these 4 products for my main ipm rotation as well).

I set off Attain and Pyrethrum foggers in the mother and flower room at every single reset. Keep in mind I'm in a detached garage. You do not want to use these in a house, especially if you have children like myself, and you absolutely should not use them in flower.

Do yourself a favor and sell that atomizer and get a paint sprayer. It makes keeping up on sprays much easier. The atomizers are hard on your back and arms and just all around poorly designed for a shoulder or hand held sprayer.

Also, I suit the fuck up for ALL sprays, and setting off foggers. Tyvek suit with hood, shoe covers, gloves, and a full face respirator.

Lastly. You'll be fine. Mites are very easy to eradicate as long as they're not females that are preparing for "winter". At that stage they are orange, they lay eggs like crazy, and they are extremely resistant to most pesticides.

P

PharmHand

A little tip if you've never owned/used one of those foggers before...... They ALWAYS break right at the spot weld where the motor mounts to the rez lid. You can either wait for it to break and then repair or you can do a preemptive modification.....
IMG 1233
IMG 1235
Drill a hole at the spot weld and put a nut/lock washer/washer/rubber washer/washer/bolt combination to hold it to the rez lid. If you don't want it to rust like mine did use stainless. As @delae632 pointed out it is a shitty design the handle to hold it and strap mount should be on the rez itself(the heaviest part). Make sure to hold it by the res when shaking it or it'll break on you very quickly. The motors go forever just the frame design sucks. I got tired of paying 300$ every few years to replace and got a titan paint sprayer for the same price from hd..... So much better. Oh and if your ground prong on the plug breaks off it will shock you while spraying lol:D

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Awesome
thanks for the tip
I'll try and do the mod after the weekend.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I inspected the veg room again last night and this morning. Still NO sign of any spider mites. I'm 1000% sure it was only in my clone room.

But......
I did my 2nd round of veg room spraying. Hit them with 1 gallon of Wipeout over all walls and plants. On Monday I'll spray 1 more time with safer soap in the am, then flip to the flower room mon night.

Top Bottom