dream commercial grow space'(s) design

• Thread starter FLB
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

KUsocalSH

also would be very much interested. But would like to talk more one on one of course. Also interested as to where you are located (which county)? Thank you

C

cannagirl

FWIW 4 spaces of 2500 sq ft each and you only want to divy the power up to 100 amps per space, that is not enough power for that many sq ft... you need at least 200 amp per space to do anything significant with

B

bobby bongwater

my .02

google molson brewery grow op
interesting story
guy i know has a friend who's uncle did consulting work for a/c or elec, can't remember which. the moral of the molson story: can't maintain secrecy forever.

i see two options: go solo or bring in 'contractors' who live there under 24 hr lockdown for the duration of the cycles then shut down and reopen later w/different crews. it's only a short-term solution cuz u wouldn't want too many guys out there telling stories about a big grow but it could be done for a year or so

best of luck

M

Mazda-yasni

air conditioning , ducting for days, wiring ..your going to need some good folks help

FLB

FLB

I do not live in Cali and we do not have the theft problems around my parts. Nobody is hiding anything. There are some big ops going and not hard to spot. And I wouldn't need anybody to help. I'm in the business, read my posts.

Cannagirl, I said I have 400 amp 3phase 480volt which would break down a little more than that. :) I'm still sitting on the fence on what to do. I probably will find one or two renters and keep it low key.

C

cannagirl

Cannagirl, I said I have 400 amp 3phase 480volt which would break down a little more than that. :) I'm still sitting on the fence on what to do. I probably will find one or two renters and keep it low key.

Yeah I know what it breaks out too, but it still wont be enough power...:character0053:

F

Frank_Castle

what if you set it up for smaller growers instead... think of storage units for all the mmj cardholders that live in apartments or with people that wont allow them to grow.

Then you could charge per small space, you could have small grow closets completely ready to go - just bring in your own clone or seeds. You could charge a watering fee where you do the watering. You could sell all the supplies. Maybe even set each room up on its own meter and charge per the watt, in addition to the rental fee and potentially equipment rental.

Part of your fee could just be security even.

And by having the storage spaces rented out by name you 'may' even be able to circumvent the # law.

Make sure they all sign a contract saying you are not liable for their plants health.

I am just brainstorming... but I can definitely see the potential and market.

B

Bobby Smith

The amount of heavily armed security personnel you'd need to hire would eliminate most (if not all) of the profit potential of your idea - unfortunately, a warehouse full of grass is going to mean that you (and perhaps your family, unfortunately) would need almost 24/7 protection - a million+ dollars of weed will have armed rippers from neighboring states licking their lips to get to your residence, and one of those ways would (unfortunately) be kidnapping a loved one.

Not a good idea, IMO.

FLB

FLB

Yeah I know what it breaks out too, but it still wont be enough power...:character0053:

What are you smoking? I want some. Do you understand 3 phase power? 200 amps is not even enough for a 2500 sq ft room unless your only playing. I have the option of bringing in 800 amps or I could even meter each room with 3 phase. Power is the least of my concerns.

S

strophish

I think that a low pro, two room space in a rural area, rented to people that you know and trust is a great idea. Please keep us updated!

I

inline6

i dont understand 3phase so well could u clarify? i can run a 50 lighter off a 200A home service, wouldnt consider that playing around exactly, i think all grows should be capped at 50 lights anyway, if youre doing it right youre getting 100lbs and thats way more than enough for anyone grower to be satisfied with and growers on this scale are the ones who sell lbs for 28 and ruined the market. commercial grows are lame.

B

bobby bongwater

"power is the least of my concerns"....got that right. paying the mortgage is #1. best of luck you'll need it

G

Growops

i dont understand 3phase so well could u clarify? i can run a 50 lighter off a 200A home service, wouldnt consider that playing around exactly, i think all grows should be capped at 50 lights anyway, if youre doing it right youre getting 100lbs and thats way more than enough for anyone grower to be satisfied with and growers on this scale are the ones who sell lbs for 28 and ruined the market. commercial grows are lame.
yes interesting subject here . ona another note, ya i dont know where your from but i hear ya 28 a P here in CANADA . can someone really use 50 lights ina house and not get caught ?i cant imagine how many KWH's that is. would't 10 lights be way too much !10,000 watts lol

Top Bottom