Drinking from a Cattle Trough

• Thread starter jadins_journey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Trainwreck - 5 weeks or about 1/2 way there. Fills the 4 x 4 well enough for 1 plant.

IMG 0461

IMG 0462

Fullgas is impressing me in veg so far. Both plants topped at 8 branches, the one in this pic has all 8 stacked in 2 1/2 inches. That's what I'm talking about!!
IMG 0463

C4owc - is off to a solid start. If she is going to stretch it's soon. So far I'm liking what I see.
IMG 0464

jj

SSgrower

SSgrower

Nice early veg and the nodal spacing on that Fullgas is impressive for sure! Stay down SS

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Trainwreck - 6 weeks
IMG 0483

Veg - 5 genetic lines
IMG 0480

FullGas- going to flower soon. 26 days popped, 40 stems on a 9" plant.
IMG 0481

C4 x OWC - she is beginning to shine. These girls stack stems tight!
IMG 0482

jj

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
I had almost forgotten how much fun cracking beans are. Pulled clones from all the seedlings except for chem4xowc. 4 of 5 genetic line and of course Trainwreck has already lost a clone. I let Bruce Banner go, thinking Trainwreck is next. 3 lines in this size system is enough.

IMG 0509

Veg is getting crowded. FullGas is heading to flower soon so that will clear things out. I do keep the mothers until I see how the clones are doing, about time to clear them out as well.
IMG 0510

Chemdog #4 x okie wedding cake, - CC - for this diary, is just a beautiful plant. Plan was to clone one and flower the other.
IMG 0512

IMG 0511

Trainwreck - 7 weeks
IMG 0514

jj

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
FullGas went to flower. Germinated 4-17 transferred 5-27 so it's a bit big for 6 weeks. Filling out the 4x4 shouldn't be an issue for this gal.

IMG 0525

jj

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
cloner - 12 days cut. Light comes on in a couple days. Trying to germinate some flower seed but that isn't going as well as I had hoped.
IMG 0527

Fairly sure the clones took so their mothers are gone. Only thing left in veg is Chemdog #4 x okie wedding cake (cc). Clone one flower the other.
IMG 0526

IMG 0528

FullGas has started training in ernest. She was a little tall going in so she should spread.
IMG 0531

Trainwreck - 8 weeks - finally on the downhill with this gal.
IMG 0530

jj

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
cloner - about 3 weeks cut
IMG 0541

Veg - Chemdog #4 x Okie Weeding Cake - Mother in the back corner and clones under her. Should be another week to flower.
IMG 0540

FullGas - Little over 1 week in. She's got some legs!
IMG 0542

Trainwreck - 9 weeks - started flushing her
IMG 0543

jj

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
6 weeks from germ and she's doing well, very well. Chemdog #4 x Okie Weeding Cake from @Trustfall. Mother plant was topped 10 days ago and has come back strong. Clones are 5/5 so overall I couldn't be more pleased with how this line does in veg. Today is separation day, mother and a couple clones heading over to a budies for an outdoor run.

4-27
IMG 0433

5-28
IMG 0526

6-8
IMG 0550

jj

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Weekly -

Cloner - first light @ 14 days cut for CC. GG6 cuttings didn't take as quick so they got kicked back a group.
IMG 0566

Veg - Next girl to flower is a throw back grow. OG Kush makes a return from the 90's LOL.
IMG 0565

Chemdog #4 x Okie Wedding Cake - day 0 in flower. Training starts today.
IMG 0561

FullGas - 2 weeks in flower. Training on the main stems is done. Offshoots still moved around some to even out the canopy. Flowers are showing.
IMG 0557

Trainwreck - 10 weeks in. Pulled the red pin on this grow. She will stay for a few days in the shadows and get harvested later in the week. This line has dropped 1.9 and 1.6 on previous single plant grows and this gal looks to be on track.
IMG 0558

IMG 0563

jj

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Beautiful!

How do you clean your hydroton? Is it a pain in the ass to work with?

Thanks my friend! That's been THE question for years. I searched but couldn't find anything so I built a process. Been running the same rocks for years now and you will not find a root from a previous grow. Plants seem to not mind and it's pretty darn easy.

The 2 main parts of the cleaning process that I built are the seperator which works off of a vacuum with adjustable (very important) air flow. This takes the rocks out of the trays and leaves the roots.
IMG 0884

Rocks have got to be dry to do the final cleaning, so I built a drier. Double bucket system pulling exhaust air from the HID's.
IMG 0925
IMG 0925

There's a few more steps in the process but really it's simple. Comparable to a guy mixing up his custom blend of dirt time wise. But my hands are clean lol

jj

B

BillyBanchan

Thanks my friend! That's been THE question for years. I searched but couldn't find anything so I built a process. Been running the same rocks for years now and you will not find a root from a previous grow. Plants seem to not mind and it's pretty darn easy.

The 2 main parts of the cleaning process that I built are the seperator which works off of a vacuum with adjustable (very important) air flow. This takes the rocks out of the trays and leaves the roots.
View attachment 1993357

Rocks have got to be dry to do the final cleaning, so I built a drier. Double bucket system pulling exhaust air from the HID's.
View attachment 1993358View attachment 1993358

There's a few more steps in the process but really it's simple. Comparable to a guy mixing up his custom blend of dirt time wise. But my hands are clean lol

jj

As someone who tinkers and builds things, I can really appreciate the effort and thinking that went into this! Love it.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter

View attachment 1993357

View attachment 1993358View attachment 1993358

jj
😳🤟👊🏻

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Had time to take about 1/2 of Trainwreck down before lights out yesterday. I like this line, she'll probably stay in rotation for another round. The smoke is really good and the yield is even better.
IMG 0571

IMG 0569

IMG 0570

jj

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
It's rare to have all the lines together but they are in Veg now. The cloner is idle ATM as the last batch had rooted and selected down to one per line.

Gorilla Glue-pheno 6 (GG6)
Trainwreck (TRW)
FullGas (FG)
Chemdog #4 x Okie Wedding Cake ( CC )
OG Kush (OGK)

IMG 0596

Chemdog #4 x Okie Weding Cake - 1 week in flower
IMG 0597

FullGas - 3 weeks
IMG 0598

Trainwreck - Couple weeks to go
IMG 0600