Drinking from a Cattle Trough

• Thread starter jadins_journey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
I'm getting old or stoned, or both lol and put posts where they don't belong. My Apologies. It was topped 2 times to control heigth and yes the last one was burtual, Do-si-do 2 along with Amnesia Haze are both gone.

IMG 0875

jj

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
I did remember it was clone day. Do-siDo clones topped twice and ready to move out at 28 days.
IMG 0877

Next batch cut was 8 Trainwreck for a flower run and Gorilla Glue 6, Do-si-do and Bruce Banner for mothers

IMG 0880

jj

SSgrower

SSgrower

I've only cloned twice so, I am still getting my feet wet so to speak. I have "root riot" plugs and a cloned dome but my Ferry-Morris T5 wont fit over the lid so I may rig a way to use it so I too can clone some do-si-do, GOG and such, Cheers SS

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
I've only cloned twice so, I am still getting my feet wet so to speak. I have "root riot" plugs and a cloned dome but my Ferry-Morris T5 wont fit over the lid so I may rig a way to use it so I too can clone some do-si-do, GOG and such, Cheers SS
keep cutting and you'll figure out a way that works for you

jj

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
The T-sp is a strain you are working on? I got on Leafly and researched most all others but that I am not familiar with. Cheers SS
here is a pic from the grow those seeds came from. Golden Leaf on the right. Cali D on the left. One pheno on the seed run of Cali went full blown purple so the gene's are there. sexing began yesterday for my first seed from that run.

IMG 0426

jj

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Many of the changes in the grow are based on age, the flower trays are based on a 12 week rotation.

Harvesting is still very much plant specific. Amnesia Haze was done at 9 weeks of flower. Leaves were dying off, purple had shown in the buds and foxtailing had started. Time to wrap this one up. As you can see the buds are smallish but there's a damn bunch of them. The one GG6 mother, front center, did ok for a chopped up mother plant.

IMG 0881

IMG 0883

jj

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
If I can remember I'll show the process that works for me to get these rocks ready for the next grow. I'll re-use 95+% of the rocks.

Step 1 starts with the separator. Borrowed the bucket system from youtube's DIY cyclone dust collector, but the similarities end there. After 25 - 30 minutes there's 2 buckets of roots and 7 buckets of rocks that have VERY few visible roots.

IMG 0884

IMG 0885

IMG 0887

jj

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
One of the designs I tinkered with attempting to clone was the basic DIY Aero cloner. I'm sure most folks who have cloned have seen or used one of these. Simple to build, no doubt cheaper to buy but that takes the fun out of it.

Built and ran successfully one batch. I don't use it currently for one basic reason; the clones have to go somewhere else soon. I figure I might as well start and finish in the same place but this was one part of the learning process.

IMG 0338

IMG 0535

IMG 0534

jj

IMG 0355
IMG 0354
SSgrower

SSgrower

Pardon the interference, I too have gas heat,natural, where can I get a newer heater? Cheers SS

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Pardon the interference, I too have gas heat,natural, where can I get a newer heater? Cheers SS
I picked that one up at Lowes. Once you buy the "optional" feet and then the blower add-on it's pricey. Might even find one on sale this time of year.

jj

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
weekly update -

Trainwreck - 3 weeks -
IMG 0903

Gorilla Glue - 6 weeks
IMG 0902

Do-si-do - day 0
IMG 0901

Veg -
do-si-do
TSP 1 & 2
GG6
Bruce Banner
IMG 0900

Cloner -
Trainwreck
GG6
Bruce Banner
Do-si-do
IMG 0899

jj

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Of all the mistakes I made designing and building this grow the worst one was with ventilation. I had the idea I would stagger the 3 lights every 8 hours. With LED's and or sealed rooms that would work. Here, with a shared air duct for the HID's, it didn't. I used the hollow wall ducting method with staggered, vertically, connecting ductwork.

Long story short it was a complete and utter failure! Light leaked from one chamber to the other and the connecting walls were about 110 degrees from floor to ceiling. It didn't take but a short time before all the light timers were running together. Taking out the walls in a living system took a full cycle but the walls are gone. I went from 3 scrubbers to 1, straight piped the lights and its running cheaper with better air flow.

IMG 0909

jj

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
It's my goal to keep this grow as simple as I can. This pic shows all the parts necessary to convert a cattle trough and a flood tray into a working flood/drain hydroponic system.

IMG E0891

jj

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Those 2 buckets of roots sat in the dryer for a couple days and are crunchy. Some hand separation and a quick air sift (outside) for those 2 gallons of rocks and it's time to start washing.

IMG 0892

IMG 0893

IMG 0894

IMG 0895

jj

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Everything gets a pre-soak rinse. This is where the bulk of the remaining organic material is removed. Small batches go into the bucket w/ holes, rinsed good, repeat. 24 hour soak w/ 1 pint h2o2 per bucket and warm water. I run the paint mixer, and I urge extreme caution here for first timers!!, for a minute per bucket at the end of the soak.

IMG 0920

jj

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
It's easier to just rinse outside but trying to keep a low profile in the neighborhood I usually rinse inside both times with a sediment basin and syphon out the water. 9 buckets of rocks ready for the dryer. total amount of time spent cleaning rocks to this point 3.5 hours.

IMG 0929

IMG 0924

jj

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
The rocks have got to be dry for the last step in cleaning. Tinkered around until I came up with this version. It pulls air from 3K worth of heat from flower, it's a separate fan just utilizing excess heat. 24 hours to dry down 2 buckets but they usually stay a couple days or when I remember to swap them out.

IMG 0925

IMG 0926

IMG 0928

jj

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
weekly update

Gorilla Glue - 7 weeks
IMG 0938

Trainwreck - 4 weeks
IMG 0937

Do-si-do 1 week
IMG 0936

Veg -
IMG 0935

Cloner -
IMG 0942

this batch of clones went 11/12. #12 was pulled when the lights went on, rooted but not a viable plant.
IMG 0940

jj

SSgrower

SSgrower

I watch & listen to your grow to tell me hints as how to proceed with my Do-si, TRW, ect. hanks for the views,SS

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
I watch & listen to your grow to tell me hints as how to proceed with my Do-si, TRW, ect. hanks for the views,SS
that's the whole point of grow diaries to me. Show how you do things then go look at how other folks are growing theirs. I learn things here every time I visit

jj

Top Bottom