dry sifting to hashish pressing

• Thread starter GNick55
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RootsRuler

RootsRuler

I only looked through a few of your pages but a couple things came to mind.

Love your Lego drawer!!! 😄

Are you using silkscreen frames for sifting? If so did you have them glue on the micron mesh you wanted?

My family was in the clothing business so I am very well acquainted with how that all works and the gear needed.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I only looked through a few of your pages but a couple things came to mind.

Love your Lego drawer!!! 😄

Are you using silkscreen frames for sifting? If so did you have them glue on the micron mesh you wanted?

My family was in the clothing business so I am very well acquainted with how that all works and the gear needed.
hey thanks, love the lego drawers/storage..
the screens i bought as is already made, geez you could probably get the real deal to sift with, drum style/traditional..

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

hey thanks, love the lego drawers/storage..
the screens i bought as is already made, geez you could probably get the real deal to sift with, drum style/traditional..
Funny you should mention that....

I built a keef screener from a home depot bucket, some stainless mesh and a small, speed controlled motor.

I had built the bucket, frame and mesh portion as a proof of concept to see if it worked and it worked so well but my arm got tired turning it so I went ahead and modified a motor to it with a timer. I could put in the material and set the timer to screen keef but get minimal plant material. I used to have mason jars full of keef from all the trim that I use to collect from the LGO's I was at. I gave away most all of it to the seniors that I used to mentor, teaching them how to grow, through a program the city sponsored once weed went recreational in Cali.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Most of the screens used in screenprint are 200 - 220 mesh depending on the look you were going for. Just curious if you had them stretch a different mesh for your needs.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Most of the screens used in screenprint are 200 - 220 mesh depending on the look you were going for. Just curious if you had them stretch a different mesh for your needs.
no but i always wondered though didn’t research why there’s not a 25-35 micron screen..

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

no but i always wondered though didn’t research why there’s not a 25-35 micron screen..
As far as I remember, mesh size was pretty much infinite. Might want to talk to a screen printer in your area about having him make you screens in different mesh gauges. Not sure if you need different gauges but I noticed your screens were screenprinter screens by the aluminum frames. Your frames are usually how they are right before they apply the emulsion to be able to burn out image layers for the separate colors they're going to be laying.

TSD

TSD

Well... I got my screens. Definitely don't know what I'm doing, but here's some pics lol. Not making hash quite yet, we have the plague and can't smoke without dying, so I figured I'd do a practice run and use it to make honey. I would clean again for hash I think.
Didn't think ahead, as usual, and realized once I had my pile that it's not decarbed... now normally I'd probably toss it in the oven and decarb into a pile of melty goo, buuut my oven is currently out of commission. Sooo... I'm putting it on 220 in the magic butter machine for a half hour then turning it down and hoping for the best. Stick around to see me waste 3 ounces of material lol.
@GNick55 is the glove method of collecting the trichs your favorite? I know there's a bunch of ways... I tried the dvd case and it really was not working well for me. Was going to try the paint roller, but the only ones I have kicking around are the big fluffy ones and gloves don't fit over them. Trying to get my ducks in a row before attempting this for actual hash. Also, do you save what you've processed, does the left behind stuff have a use?
20221220 090415
20221220 091720
20221220 095046
20221220 091809
20221220 091043
20221220 092418
The left pile was under the final screen, right was what I collected on my gloves.
20221220 095010

20221220 091244
20221220 091244
indogrow420

indogrow420

Nice looking return dude! imiss sifting lol I use to sift alot when I clipped under the table but havent done it in years ;')
I think you could re-use the stuff for a bho blast or any other solvent extraction but not sure if it would be a waste from the cost of solvents used vs low/lower return, edibles or butter probably a better choice cost wise

Have u ever tried to quick freeze the processing material? Lay material on top of screen , put in deepfreeze for like 15-20 min, get it out sift and when it gets back room temp/warm throw it in the freezer back n forth, I find that I got way less plant material doing that

Moshmen

Moshmen

Well... I got my screens. Definitely don't know what I'm doing, but here's some pics lol. Not making hash quite yet, we have the plague and can't smoke without dying, so I figured I'd do a practice run and use it to make honey. I would clean again for hash I think.
Didn't think ahead, as usual, and realized once I had my pile that it's not decarbed... now normally I'd probably toss it in the oven and decarb into a pile of melty goo, buuut my oven is currently out of commission. Sooo... I'm putting it on 220 in the magic butter machine for a half hour then turning it down and hoping for the best. Stick around to see me waste 3 ounces of material lol.
@GNick55 is the glove method of collecting the trichs your favorite? I know there's a bunch of ways... I tried the dvd case and it really was not working well for me. Was going to try the paint roller, but the only ones I have kicking around are the big fluffy ones and gloves don't fit over them. Trying to get my ducks in a row before attempting this for actual hash. Also, do you save what you've processed, does the left behind stuff have a use?View attachment 1312775View attachment 1312778View attachment 1312780View attachment 1312782View attachment 1312783View attachment 1312781The left pile was under the final screen, right was what I collected on my gloves. View attachment 1312784
I wish my first time turned out like that ! U guys/gals makin me feel unskilled! Lol
Nice work

TSD

TSD

I wish my first time turned out like that ! U guys/gals makin me feel unskilled! Lol
Nice work
Well if it makes you feel better, it was a bag of shake and tiny bud that I collected after consolidating last year's grove bags, so it was pretty trich heavy to begin with... meant to mention that lol. I have another few ounces of that plus probably a couple pounds of small buds and trim to play with.

TSD

TSD

Have u ever tried to quick freeze the processing material? Lay material on top of screen , put in deepfreeze for like 15-20 min, get it out sift and when it gets back room temp/warm throw it in the freezer back n forth, I find that I got way less plant material doing that
it's been on my porch open for a few days, currently in the low 20s here and colder at night. I do have a chest freezer though...

TSD

TSD

I think I solved my decarb conundrum, as long as the honey doesn't solidify from boiling... if it does, I guess I made candy. 🤷‍♀️ The bubbles were satisfying to watch, so I might have cooked it too long. 🤣

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
yes the nitrile glove is my favourite..
generally i don’t keep the used weed unless i know before sifting that i’m going to make oil, that way i may not sift much at all..
you probably don’t need to use it for anything, not worth the time especially by the sounds of it you have alot sitting around..

steamroller

steamroller

I save what I screen to maybe qwiso, but I have not smoked or used a roach in almost a year now.
So maybe Nick is correct in saying it is not worth it if you are not pot poor? 🤷‍♂️

Latest posts

Top Bottom