dry sifting to hashish pressing

• Thread starter GNick55
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Mcprp

I realize that . I only said I never heard that term . That’s all . My point was that the names people make up is hilarious to me wether it’s a strain or a name for a form .
Now I’m going to smoke this . Have a good night . I ordered the screens through Amazon.,I’ll give it a try

M

Mcprp

Now I’m going to smoke this . Have a good night . I ordered the screens through Amazon.,I’ll give it a try
0189C7D1 B5A4 468A 936D 13F9CF8176CA

3AE14244 40A4 4647 845D D18DADF24172
Dothraki

Dothraki

Why is temple ball lol ! As you say, way better high . Are you increasing the potency by rolling it into a ball ? Lol . I shouldn’t laugh I know but I would like you to explain . Good hash in my opinion is as good as your weed and that’s all about genetics if you ask me . Is hash supposed to taste better than hash oil .,are you seeing colors or patterns with the temple ball hash . I guess I’m just trying to say I just can’t imagine it being way better than mine but I’ll take your word for it .,
There’s a lot of factors that determine the type of high you get. Strain, plant maturity when harvested etc. but a huge factor is how it is processed and how it is consumed. I can take a bud, break it in 3 pieces, smoke one, vape the other, and decarb to eat the third. They will all have different highs. Other factors aside from the high are important too… the taste, the smell, the look and feel etc. It’s a whole package deal when you‘re a connoisseur.

What’s a connoisseur you ask?

A: A connoisseur is simply someone who recognizes and appreciates the different nuances and characteristics…all of the variation. Sometimes these differences are drastic and sometimes subtle. Many of us started as “weed is weed” and “higher means better” etc. etc. but have since dove into the depths of how to squeeze every last bit of quality out (the reason I started growing). I’m the same way with my coffee. But the reward to my insanity is incredible quality bud with the best coffee on earth.

Back to Temple Balls… they’ve been around for at least a thousand years probably much more. It’s just another way of processing, which is extremely old and yields it’s own unique results, which many find to be amazing in comparison to say, sprinkling kief over a bowl (which I have done thousands of times lol, not a fan). I am not very experienced with all the different methods, but the few I’ve tried do have differences that seem to be common thread to each method, which is why I’m interested in diving deeper to see what each has to offer.

In my experience the processing method of the trichomes plays a much larger role in how the high feels than the genetics do. Temple Balls in my experience (made from dried material) are different from Charas (live plant resin formed into a ball) and each has it’s own unique awesomeness. The live stuff has a little fun edge that gets smoothed over when using the dried, slow and low rolling method. The latter is more up my alley for meditating, or just bangin on Tibetan singing bowls while zoning out for an hour or 3 haha. Good stuff!

oh btw… it’s not a requirement. If you are happy with your results THAT is all that matters. You should only change it up if you’re looking for something more or different. I encourage everyone to try for themselves, and form their own conclusion.

M

Mcprp

There’s a lot of factors that determine the type of high you get. Strain, plant maturity when harvested etc. but a huge factor is how it is processed and how it is consumed. I can take a bud, break it in 3 pieces, smoke one, vape the other, and decarb to eat the third. They will all have different highs. Other factors aside from the high are important too… the taste, the smell, the look and feel etc. It’s a whole package deal when you‘re a connoisseur.

A: A connoisseur is simply someone who recognizes and appreciates the different nuances and characteristics…all of the variation. Sometimes these differences are drastic and sometimes subtle. Many of us started as “weed is weed” and “higher means better” etc. etc. but have since dove into the depths of how to squeeze every last bit of quality out (the reason I started growing). I’m the same way with my coffee. But the reward to my insanity is incredible quality bud with the best coffee on earth.

Back to Temple Balls… they’ve been around for at least a thousand years probably much more. It’s just another way of processing, which is extremely old and yields it’s own unique results, which many find to be amazing in comparison to say, sprinkling kief over a bowl (which I have done thousands of times lol, not a fan). I am not very experienced with all the different methods, but the few I’ve tried do have differences that seem to be common thread to each method, which is why I’m interested in diving deeper to see what each has to offer.

In my experience the processing method of the trichomes plays a much larger role in how the high feels than the genetics do. Temple Balls in my experience (made from dried material) are different from Charas (live plant resin formed into a ball) and each has it’s own unique awesomeness. The live stuff has a little fun edge that gets smoothed over when using the dried, slow and low rolling method. The latter is more up my alley for meditating, or just bangin on Tibetan singing bowls while zoning out for an hour or 3 haha. Good stuff!

oh btw… it’s not a requirement. If you are happy with your results THAT is all that matters. You should only change it up if you’re looking for something more or different. I encourage everyone to try for themselves, and form their own conclusion.
Wow ! That was like a book . I’m pretty sure I know I can make my own decision but thank you for telling me that .,as far as the connoisseur? I never asked ! As far as the history lesson yaaaawwwnnn ! Pretend I never responded to your thread . You have a lot of intrigued followers , concentrate on them .happy harvest to ya !

M

Mcprp

I think you got hit in the head with a temple ball ! Lol !

Dothraki

Dothraki

I think you got hit in the head with a temple ball ! Lol !
Yeah, I guess in a world that caters to stupidity like today’s popular culture…you would think that. I think it’s worth trying to offer a bit of knowledge and insight to someone that obviously needs it…but ya know, it’s easier to be stupid, uninformed and opinionated, so I get why you choose that instead.

TSD

TSD

Well, I appreciate your insight, as someone that is totally new to the world of making hash. I've been reading and watching YouTube in preparation for my screens to arrive... there are so many techniques, it's a little overwhelming. I'm with you on the connoisseur front... I'm all about taste, smell, and of course buzz. I'm the same way about my coffee, a bit of a coffee snob lol... drip coffee? No thanks. I get my beans from a local small business, he roasts them himself. I grind them and pull my own espresso. I grow my shit organically and outside for maximum flavor profile. You get out what you put in. I'm fascinated by temple balls, I had never heard of them either until they had a tray of them at my local dispo, I go there occasionally for something different. While I was there, an older couple, like late 60s, bought one...for $450! I was like fuck, what is that shit that grandpa just doled out almost 5 hundo without blinking? The guy told me they were temple balls, so I did some research and decided I need to learn this ancient technique... it's literally the original concentrate, over a 1000 years old... if you don't think that's cool, you're definitely not a connoisseur. @Mcprp no need to be snarky or rude, many of us here on the farm are here for the sole purpose of learning from the experience of others. Pretend you never responded? So why post at all?
I'm here for this thread and all the folk that know way more about certain shit than I do, so I can learn.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Why is temple ball lol ! As you say, way better high . Are you increasing the potency by rolling it into a ball ? Lol . I shouldn’t laugh I know but I would like you to explain . Good hash in my opinion is as good as your weed and that’s all about genetics if you ask me . Is hash supposed to taste better than hash oil .,are you seeing colors or patterns with the temple ball hash . I guess I’m just trying to say I just can’t imagine it being way better than mine but I’ll take your word for it .,
Not better - different - if ya know what happens when you cure a temple ball prpoperly then I don’t need to explain ! Lol I don’t like typing all that much .

You said it before to each his own.

Dothraki

Dothraki

Ok, sooo..anyway lol… question for you drysifters, I have heard two debates regarding dry sifting starting material and temps. If using dried and even cured sugar leaves, if frozen more plant matter “dust” gets through, but trichomes separate much easier, where with just dried and kept at room temp, less plant material gets through but also less trichomes separate? In your experience, is this somewhat correct and if so, does the process go smoother one way or the other?

I’m also wondering if before sifting, you let it get bone dry like 30% RH for a day or 2?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Ok, sooo..anyway lol… question for you drysifters, I have heard two debates regarding dry sifting starting material and temps. If using dried and even cured sugar leaves, if frozen more plant matter “dust” gets through, but trichomes separate much easier, where with just dried and kept at room temp, less plant material gets through but also less trichomes separate? In your experience, is this somewhat correct and if so, does the process go smoother one way or the other?

I’m also wondering if before sifting, you let it get bone dry like 30% RH for a day or 2?
yep sounds about right, if you using frozen be gentle, no much rubbing more bouncing, quicker on off screen.. not frozen take your time be gentle a little longer.. creating heat/friction is not your friend in any sifting situation..
should just do it without trying to figure out things, if you know how to set the screens up and put weed on top and move around is the best way to learn. than all this terminology will make much more sense..
you don’t have to use all your weed at once, quarter pound at a time is perfect for starting out..

SSgrower

SSgrower

Oh wow, I found this thread just as I need it, or in 6-7 weeks when I harvest 4 plants, but I can't use a 1/4 lb. That might be a 1/4 of my haul. I was just going to use my trim tray 150 micron screen and add the keif to my joint rolling. But ,I see screens for $100.00 on Amazon and If I get this "perpetual" up an runnin I might be able to see the cost vs reward,huh. Cheers and carry on SS

TSD

TSD

Oh wow, I found this thread just as I need it, or in 6-7 weeks when I harvest 4 plants, but I can't use a 1/4 lb. That might be a 1/4 of my haul. I was just going to use my trim tray 150 micron screen and add the keif to my joint rolling. But ,I see screens for $100.00 on Amazon and If I get this "perpetual" up an runnin I might be able to see the cost vs reward,huh. Cheers and carry on SS
I'm waiting impatiently on mine, been wanting them for a while, but there's always more important shit to spend money on. My pops gave me some Christmas money so Merry Christmas to me lol.
Screenshot 20221212 072944 Amazon Shopping

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Just check out the videos GNick posted on page 1. He breaks it all down and shows step by step in videos and was very thorough in each step.

yeah btw… thanks @GNick55 for this thread and the awesome step by step vids! Very helpful!
@GNick55 has some of the best step by step videos ive watched. His stuff looks fantastic too. Pumping out 40 gram blocks of hash like nothing 😍😍

Latest posts

Top Bottom