dry sifting to hashish pressing

• Thread starter GNick55
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Moshmen

Moshmen

Wow! Nice work looks so tasty. Thanx fir sharing! I still got a couple minutes till I try again but I think I’ll try the press - how high of temp to try for ? Prolly around 160/165 you would start getting rosin , which you did! Lol

Moshmen

Moshmen

And question - clean resin is the secret isn’t it? Contamination kills the whole process? At least I think that was my problem first try

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
well after a little test press i decided with consent from owner of weed to go a head and press the other 2 grades uncleaned!
149 dry sift micron
03EC0105 8CB4 4137 881A 8F99D1FD319B

smaller than 75 micron, from the table
B57EBC29 44B8 41C7 8E14 7D712F97BCBE

honestly all grades are just fine,good or great!

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I really cant be impressed more than I am. Nice work and tutorials G. Im so looking forward to even getting a gram or two of decent hash from my first grow. I havent smoked hash in 40 years.
just realize learning is about success failure and experience, i at first couldn’t get the hang of it and was getting discouraged but i was determined to learn and still am!, because the old days were really coming to an end not long ago for getting imported hashish so i had to, no choice as i don’t smoke weed or haven’t really in 30+ yrs.
we used to make hash here and there for fun 25-30 yrs ago more so with a bucket of freezing ice water weed and a cut off hockey stick for stirring, got great hash, but at the same time i had access to afghania, moroccan, lebanese, jamaican gum… pounds of it, so our technique of making it never was taken seriously, until the last few or so yrs..
so if your new i’d only use about 4 ounces at a time until you start feeling confident in what your doing and being somewhat successful.. ya you won’t get much but you need to learn which comes from doing it over and over..

Maxwax

Maxwax

just realize learning is about success failure and experience, i at first couldn’t get the hang of it and was getting discouraged but i was determined to learn and still am!, because the old days were really coming to an end not long ago for getting imported hashish so i had to, no choice as i don’t smoke weed or haven’t really in 30+ yrs.
we used to make hash here and there for fun 25-30 yrs ago more so with a bucket of freezing ice water weed and a cut off hockey stick for stirring, got great hash, but at the same time i had access to afghania, moroccan, lebanese, jamaican gum… pounds of it, so our technique of making it never was taken seriously, until the last few or so yrs..
so if your new i’d only use about 4 ounces at a time until you start feeling confident in what your doing and being somewhat successful.. ya you won’t get much but you need to learn which comes from doing it over and over..
I know this will sound bad....but watching your stuff and others on making it seems super easy and nearly fool proof for those who have paid attention and have acceptable expectations. Ive smoked pot for nearly fifty years and didnt even know how hash was made until a month ago. Used to love making a good salad of weed and hash in a bowl. You need my address? lol

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
You don’t trim over screens?
i used too because of having weed for my friends, but now for the most part everything is either for hash or oil or something similar, so why bother trimming all nice and pretty, time consuming.. on harvest day or the day before i’ll cut all fan leaves off the plant so than i only have to cut the branches off tge size i want than hang, so makes this stage easier.
remember for making hash it’s not that the weed is dried for a long time but the resin head needs to ripen and toughen up?
i’ve seen videos in afghanistan? where branches of weed i mean like piled 10 ft high lying on the floor in the open air?supposedly a year before making hash with.. that was the tradition until late eighties early nineties when exporting increased worldwide and those countries ran out of their storage.

freezeland2

freezeland2

i used too because of having weed for my friends, but now for the most part everything is either for hash or oil or something similar, so why bother trimming all nice and pretty, time consuming.. on harvest day or the day before i’ll cut all fan leaves off the plant so than i only have to cut the branches off tge size i want than hang, so makes this stage easier.
remember for making hash it’s not that the weed is dried for a long time but the resin head needs to ripen and toughen up?
i’ve seen videos in afghanistan? where branches of weed i mean like piled 10 ft high lying on the floor in the open air?supposedly a year before making hash with.. that was the tradition until late eighties early nineties when exporting increased worldwide and those countries ran out of their storage.
I was thinking more along the lines of instead of the resin heads falling into the bucket as you shuck buds collect them through screens?

Maxwax

Maxwax

I was thinking more along the lines of instead of the resin heads falling into the bucket as you shuck buds collect them through screens?
While that seems like a reasonable idea I dont think hes worried about losing a small amount with the amount hes able to process. Theres nearly three ounces on the scale. Holy crap.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
oh i could that but just more and as you see i’ve been busy.. i’m getting bits of finger hash!.. and i don’t want to have an “accident” say with the trimmers hitting the screen or dropping them and creating damage.. better and easier for me this way, nothing is lost..

Top Bottom