dry sifting to hashish pressing

• Thread starter GNick55
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
freezeland2

freezeland2

Maybe a regular bowl/glass pipe is in order, still with some flower as a base, snd just ever so gently just barely touch the hash with the flame of a lighter, like you're trying to vape it without fully burning it........it of course will burn, melt.....but if you can do it slowly, over the course of a few hits, you should be able to enjoy it without it burning up/melting quickly.
You mean like this one https://chameleonglass.com/product/gandalf-hash-bowl-glass-pipe/

TSD

TSD

Nice job! I also am not a hash head…but I wanna be 😁 …always love it but only smoked it a few times. I have the Crafty, the little version of the Mighty. Never tried hash in it and was thinking about it the other day. Mine came with a “concentrate screen” that I might try with a piece of hash. The vapor out of these Storz and Bickel gadgets is great!
I tried both ways, with the concentrate screen and my little hash disc sandwich between ground bud. It worked both ways, but I think it worked better with the bud. With the concentrate screen, there was a bit of charred remains on the screen, it started to get that "done being vaped" taste when there was clearly life left in it... and with the sandwich method there's no trace of hash, just the brown vaped weed. Maybe the metal screen gets too hot and chars it because it's in direct contact? Maybe I just put too much. I also did the method suggested by @AnimalHouse in another thread and made a little hash snake with my fingers on parchment, think rolling playdough. I rolled that in some crumbled puck hash then hid it between layers of bud in a joint. Thing smoked forever and I was baked, even sharing with 3 other people.
20230115 161506

And yes Storz and Bickel is hard to beat in my opinion. Top notch quality... must be that German engineering.

TSD

TSD

it melted so fast because you have a full melt or pretty close to it..
Yes I see that now, not a bad thing lol. I think you're supposed to pack the mighty cold anyway, but I feel like I lose some of those first terpenes if I do that, but a cold pack is definitely better for the hash.

TSD

TSD

Maybe a regular bowl/glass pipe is in order, still with some flower as a base, snd just ever so gently just barely touch the hash with the flame of a lighter, like you're trying to vape it without fully burning it........it of course will burn, melt.....but if you can do it slowly, over the course of a few hits, you should be able to enjoy it without it burning up/melting quickly.
Oh yes, works great in my bubbler, keeps a nice slow burn, and the bong too... I have all the toys... it's just hard to top the tastes you get from the mighty, and taste is important to me.

TSD

TSD

I usually sift in my shed over a 3'x6' white board. Definitely makes it easy to see what you've got and plant material pops right out at ya.
Ooo good idea... I used unbleached parchment... which is basically the same exact color as the trichs... not overly helpful lol. I also have some old windows and mirrors... gonna re-engineer my setup next time I sift.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I tried both ways, with the concentrate screen and my little hash disc sandwich between ground bud. It worked both ways, but I think it worked better with the bud. With the concentrate screen, there was a bit of charred remains on the screen, it started to get that "done being vaped" taste when there was clearly life left in it... and with the sandwich method there's no trace of hash, just the brown vaped weed. Maybe the metal screen gets too hot and chars it because it's in direct contact? Maybe I just put too much. I also did the method suggested by @AnimalHouse in another thread and made a little hash snake with my fingers on parchment, think rolling playdough. I rolled that in some crumbled puck hash then hid it between layers of bud in a joint. Thing smoked forever and I was baked, even sharing with 3 other people. View attachment 1320644
And yes Storz and Bickel is hard to beat in my opinion. Top notch quality... must be that German engineering.
damn
Yes I see that now, not a bad thing lol. I think you're supposed to pack the mighty cold anyway, but I feel like I lose some of those first terpenes if I do that, but a cold pack is definitely better for the hash.
i never used one for hash, i smoke all my hash in joints with hash oil..
but damn look at you puck hash temple ball rolling a snake, i LOVE IT…
i’m rolling up a joint with 12 different kinds of hash with a bit of killer hash oil i saved, i’ll have that with a canna coffee..

TSD

TSD

Question… might be a dumb one…. Do you guys notice different flavors based on which strain you used when doing traditional hash making? Or does the process always just make it taste like that classic hash flavor?(which I love).
I can't answer that cause mine is frakenhash from all the strains I grew from last year, well technically 2021, didn't keep my butter bud or shake/trim separated by strain, I'm not quite that ocd... but it must have some impact cause they all have different terpene profiles.

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Oh yes, works great in my bubbler, keeps a nice slow burn, and the bong too... I have all the toys... it's just hard to top the tastes you get from the mighty, and taste is important to me.
Yep. The Mighty is great. You might like the Plenty, I don't know if you've tried it......it's clearly for home use only, it's big, but it might handle extracts a little better. And the taste is just as good, but has a bigger, longer cooling coil/mouthpiece.

I love getting the best flavor too. I'll usually put enough in to just get one good hit (it's all I need really)., so that it's pretty much spent after that 1 hit. It's wax that's the most difficult, and we of course don't want it to melt down into the device. I don't know if it helps but I'll turn the Mighty upside down right after my hit, which might help prevent it from melting downward......

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
damn

i never used one for hash, i smoke all my hash in joints with hash oil..
but damn look at you puck hash temple ball rolling a snake, i LOVE IT…
i’m rolling up a joint with 12 different kinds of hash with a bit of killer hash oil i saved, i’ll have that with a canna coffee..
If I had that, my wife would have to point me to the bed and I would wake up 2 days later...... ;).

I still want it though.

Dothraki

Dothraki

Yep. The Mighty is great. You might like the Plenty, I don't know if you've tried it......it's clearly for home use only, it's big, but it might handle extracts a little better. And the taste is just as good, but has a bigger, longer cooling coil/mouthpiece.

I love getting the best flavor too. I'll usually put enough in to just get one good hit (it's all I need really)., so that it's pretty much spent after that 1 hit. It's wax that's the most difficult, and we of course don't want it to melt down into the device. I don't know if it helps but I'll turn the Mighty upside down right after my hit, which might help prevent it from melting downward......
That’s the only thing I don’t like about vaporizers because they stay hot for a while. I smoke a lot but not all at once, not ripping 4ft bongs like in jr. high anymore so I heat the Crafty up, then drop in the little capsule with ground flower just enough to set me right. A little hash can go a long way, I’m sure I’ll overdo it and end up hashing myself to the couch with the crafty.

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
That’s the only thing I don’t like about vaporizers because they stay hot for a while. I smoke a lot but not all at once, not ripping 4ft bongs like in jr. high anymore so I heat the Crafty up, then drop in the little capsule with ground flower just enough to set me right. A little hash can go a long way, I’m sure I’ll overdo it and end up hashing myself to the couch with the crafty.
Same here all around. And we need to think about our lungs too. Every time I'm with someone smoking a blunt......usually young people, I don't know what the attraction is to that.....I try to sell them on healthier ways. Plus, you're killing the taste....

It's not just the years of smoking joints, of brown seeded regs and even green mids, a lot of us didn't think about pesticides. I remember the paraquot scare, but if we think that they didn't spray fields with pesticides..... and in Mexico? They probably used pesticides that were banned or eventually banned in the US. Thank God at least we were young, smoking that stuff as a teenager......but yeah, weed may not cause cancer like cigarettes do, but pesticides sure do. Then there's the stupidity of scraping pipes and smoking resin. What the hell were we thinking? We weren't......

So I'll have an occasional joint, it's good for two people, maybe 3, but these days, I'm thinking about my lungs.

We also vape the cartridges, always make sure they're not counterfeits, although that was more of a problem a few years ago. I have a little mod and dial it down low, to where I blow out a very light cloud. That's another thing some people do, they blow out huge clouds.......at some point that not vaping, that's just light smoking.

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Ooo good idea... I used unbleached parchment... which is basically the same exact color as the trichs... not overly helpful lol. I also have some old windows and mirrors... gonna re-engineer my setup next time I sift.
Darn it! I've been using a picture of me, sifting hash! No wonder I can't see anything!!

;)

ninjadip

ninjadip

you can get a little disc thing to put in your Plenty to better vape hash/wax

The Plenty Solid Concentrate Pad Set (Large) from Storz & Bickel provides the optimal surface allowing for the efficient vaporization of solid concentrates. It is suitable for the Plenty and Volcano filling chamber reducers but cannot be used with Dosing Capsules. The Plenty Solid Concentrate Pad Set is a dependable replacement part for use with the Plenty or Volcano vaporization devices. The spare pads are made with stainless steel, ensuring the product’s durability.

I have the Plenty, and i love it as well!

freezeland2

freezeland2

Same here all around. And we need to think about our lungs too. Every time I'm with someone smoking a blunt......usually young people, I don't know what the attraction is to that.....I try to sell them on healthier ways. Plus, you're killing the taste....

It's not just the years of smoking joints, of brown seeded regs and even green mids, a lot of us didn't think about pesticides. I remember the paraquot scare, but if we think that they didn't spray fields with pesticides..... and in Mexico? They probably used pesticides that were banned or eventually banned in the US. Thank God at least we were young, smoking that stuff as a teenager......but yeah, weed may not cause cancer like cigarettes do, but pesticides sure do. Then there's the stupidity of scraping pipes and smoking resin. What the hell were we thinking? We weren't......

So I'll have an occasional joint, it's good for two people, maybe 3, but these days, I'm thinking about my lungs.

We also vape the cartridges, always make sure they're not counterfeits, although that was more of a problem a few years ago. I have a little mod and dial it down low, to where I blow out a very light cloud. That's another thing some people do, they blow out huge clouds.......at some point that not vaping, that's just light smoking.
Make your own cartridges

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Damn where you located? Carts are the cheapest thing going 30 would be top shelf 10/15$ is the average on street here
Well, New York City, so there's going to be a bit of a premium, $35 is actually on the low side, but think about it.....1g carts of 85%+ TCH? Good brands. I don't know how anyone can produce 1g of good extract for $15,.....unless they're using lower quality or leaves...

But it doesn't matter to me, it takes us 3 weeks to go through 1 cart, so it's really not an issue for us.

Latest posts

Top Bottom