dry sifting to hashish pressing

• Thread starter GNick55
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
well decided to cleaned all the 73 micron and pressed it..

IMG 9944
IMG 9946

IMG 9951

this was a sample press hot bottle of 73 micron uncleaned and been smoking this all yesterday and today and it’s a good stone more like baked haha,. chunk was like 5 grams..
IMG 9952
IMG 9954

total cleaned 73 micron..
IMG 9945
IMG 9949

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I only pressed the shift on top of the 200 and underneath of 200. I still have the 60 and 90 that I clean. I don’t know if it means anything, but when I tip the steel bowl over it doesn’t fall out. Seems to be clumping up pretty good. And the 110 and the 200 looks pretty good through a loop before pressing. I’ll get the hang of it! But that ball I made last night is hard as a rock! But it taste good! L O L thanks for your help

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Right on. I have several trash bags of good sugar leaves I must sift then. No dry ice like you. I'm gonna give it a go.
Hell, yes! I used to paper grocery bags full of trim and a little popcorn. Will probably get between 20 and 30 g out of it! The bags have been sitting out for over a year open. Some dry shit! L O L! Once you get past the cost of the screens, it’s cake! Let us know how you do man!

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I only pressed the shift on top of the 200 and underneath of 200. I still have the 60 and 90 that I clean. I don’t know if it means anything, but when I tip the steel bowl over it doesn’t fall out. Seems to be clumping up pretty good. And the 110 and the 200 looks pretty good through a loop before pressing. I’ll get the hang of it! But that ball I made last night is hard as a rock! But it taste good! L O L thanks for your help
oh haha your talking LPI, i use micron.. so no your good you did it right forget about about what i said earlier

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
some resin is just easy to work with while some is hard to work with, than cure times, indoor, outdoor etc..

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
If it comes out real hard, the next time after a couple of pressing’s, I’ll try putting just a tiny bit of water on it and see if it helps! Maybe that’s why those cats over in Afghanistan sprinkle water on it when they’re working it!

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Hell, yes! I used to paper grocery bags full of trim and a little popcorn. Will probably get between 20 and 30 g out of it! The bags have been sitting out for over a year open. Some dry shit! L O L! Once you get past the cost of the screens, it’s cake! Let us know how you do man!
one thing i keep forgetting to try is take everything that falls beneath the 73 micron and place it on a large sheet of parchment, clamped down to the table and nitrile glove it and see what happens but that’ll have to be next time..

Last edited:
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Amazing press! Is that a GNick custom job, or was it purchased as is? I have a 4 ton bottle jack that's looking for a purpose in life.
here’s a couple for you in the USA.. i’d suggest a 4 ton for this size..
IMG 9956

in canada they are easy to find.. i bought mine from this guy on kijiji canada.. i talked with him first about it before purchasing as i didn’t want wing nuts with all that pressure, and i release the pressure before undoing the nuts, than remove nuts and top, than put only the nuts back on to hold box in place when pumping the jack to release hash,.. the stickiness can make everything stuck together..
he has all sizes..

IMG 9956

Last edited:
Otto Bonn

Otto Bonn

no i personally never have used dry ice, a buddy does and it’s fine, though you’ll never get full melt without further cleaning..
yes i use it all as i don't smoke weed only hash and oil..
Great stuff Nick, just finished the thread. I've only used dry ice (the few times I have) and got a contaminated result compared to your method. I'll be a convert I'm sure. I've got a tub of trim thats just waiting for a good cold night up in the attic now

DRan88

DRan88

16.9 grams, not bad for first time, I had some decent trim and popcorn buds , from last seasons outdoor run waiting to be used. It's purple punch and cream and cheese, 2 different strains mixed together. The cream and cheese is a thc/cbd . Can't wait to test out. How long do you try to cure yours for @GNick55
Also great video instructions , I have allot more to pull out of freezer.
20231208 154005
20231208 154038

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
16.9 grams, not bad for first time, I had some decent trim and popcorn buds , from last seasons outdoor run waiting to be used. It's purple punch and cream and cheese, 2 different strains mixed together. The cream and cheese is a thc/cbd . Can't wait to test out. How long do you try to cure yours for @GNick55
Also great video instructions , I have allot more to pull out of freezer.
View attachment 2084571View attachment 2084572
i can’t leave it alone long enough for a proper cure, haha.. that’s why i try to leave it as long as possible curing before sifting and i rarely get past 2 months..
was that just made?
did you hot bottle press it a few times?
if your putting it away than seal it air tight with no air inside..

DRan88

DRan88

i can’t leave it alone long enough for a proper cure, haha.. that’s why i try to leave it as long as possible curing before sifting and i rarely get past 2 months..
was that just made?
did you hot bottle press it a few times?
if your putting it away than seal it air tight with no air inside..
I sifted last weekend, hot pressed it 3 times today, then worked it with my hands for 30 minutes. I wrapped it in clear plastic wrap then into a small jar and hid it in my basement to try and keep my hands off of it .

Latest posts

Top Bottom