Dry Trim Vs. Wet Trim With Reasons

• Thread starter Mifarmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mifarmer

Mifarmer

What is everyones take on this. I am able to control temp and humidity pretty well during drying. In the past I have wet trimmed. Left buds on branches, dried, and jarred.

Have read that dry trim is better for better tasting buds. Anyone have any input as to why that may be true. I would really like some good technical answers as to what is going on chemically. Thanks.

F

Fatboy77

Wet trimming needs to be done all at once and usually means a quicker dry.

Dry trimming means you get a slower dry. You can also seal the buds away and trim when you need to/can be fuct. Still trimming bits of a harvest that came down in March!

Mifarmer

Mifarmer

Just to be clear, I know how to do both. I want to know the details as to why one may be better than the other, such as why dry trimming typically results in a better tasting smoke.

Mifarmer

Mifarmer

Dry trim = slower dry.
Chlorophyll gets locked in during a quick dry, and tastes like shit.

Dry trim = slower dry.
Chlorophyll gets locked in during a quick dry, and tastes like shit.
So does Chlorophyl slowly attach itself to water, then evaporate with the water? In a fast dry with wet trim the water is gone, and the left over Chlorophyl has no way to get out?

ArtfulCodger

ArtfulCodger

I don't know if it's science or bro science, but I like a longer dry, so I dry trim.

F

Fatboy77

So does Chlorophyl slowly attach itself to water, then evaporate with the water? In a fast dry with wet trim the water is gone, and the left over Chlorophyl has no way to get out?
Not a clue on that level, I'm no chemist! Chlorophyll also breaks down during curing so I could be wrong.
if you dry quickly you risk losing vital flower terpenes that account for much of the taste. That might be more accurate.

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

Wet trimming is faster and easier but result in not the best final quality .
Dry trim is slower and harder but it retains better the flowers quality in the end.

Top Bottom