Dry trimming is so painstakingly boring ++++

• Thread starter Coatesygrow1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Peat_Phreak

Peat_Phreak

100% wet trim. Dry trimming is too tedious without a benefit that I can detect.

One thing I do to make my trim day easier is I only harvest one plant per day because I grow a mixed tent and the strains usually finish at different times anyway. So I have a few mini trim sessions rather than a marathon trim day. It becomes less of a chore and more enjoyable.

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Dry trim. It's easy to cut the buds away from the fan leaves 😂

Besides I need to leave all the leaves on so my plants don't dry out so fast.

Habosabin

Habosabin

I still wet trim everything. But I'm.... unusual. I freeze dry some, process a lot for concentrates which does not need manicured buds, and do other stupid stuff no one else here does. I just realized this comment is useless.
You have a freeze dryer? I've heard that is the way to go for locking in terpenes. How do yo like freeze drying?

J.dub

J.dub

Dry trim. It's easy to cut the buds away from the fan leaves 😂

Besides I need to leave all the leaves on so my plants don't dry out so fast.
I also prefer dry trim, for quality, as it slows down the drying process, which in turn lengthens the dry naturally, which in turn makes for a better flower in the end IMO -- but I think this raises a good point; whether or not to leave useless leafy material to add humidity to manipulate your drying area conditions is a good way to approach it all, in general. I do think that a Euro-style dry trim involves less over-handling of the ganja, tho, which is always a plus.

Southernuncle21

Southernuncle21

I trim the fan leaves off and remove the larf. I let it hang dry for 5 days then put them in a paper bag for a few more days. Never had any problem that way and usually comes out perfect rh. I then sit for hours for weeks dry trimming and putting in cure jars.

PXL 20220928 231134464
Madmax

Madmax

Wet trim..high callyx to leaf ratio is best..your trimming fuckall then ..i quite enjoy it..leafy buds are my pet hate..

what i like

AirHammer

AirHammer

i
Yeah..i think the smallest one I found was like $3800 and a decent sized one is like $5K or $6K Too much for my tiny grow.
They haven't come up with a cheap way to built them over seas yet. It seems like the kind of tech that can't be cheaped on build. But maybe. And then it will break a dozen times while using it (its the cheap Chinese made traditional way) 🤪

Latest posts

Top Bottom