Drying buds smell like hay? When they were dank before? Help

• Thread starter C.dutchpuxx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Elxfeezy

Elxfeezy

Anybody have experience with curing in the fridge was thinking of trying to make my own autocure machine out of a mini fridge and drying in theyre gives the buds all the same conditions that 3000 machine does for the most part other than auto burping the fridge for you lol any opinions ?

im sure the air and humidity aspects could be kept exactly where you would need them to be. The only reason I would never do this is because of the plastic material most refrigerators are lined with. Anything plastic is going tohave static cling, especially when it’s dry. It’s like those old slides at the park. when you touch it, the static pulls on your hair follicles and makes them stand. that’s why when you buy dispensary weed in a plastic bottle, when you’re done with it, there’s always traces you can see but can’t get without scrapping my plastic because they got vaporized to the plastic. It’s why glass is go-to. Happens way less.

TerpiestToker420

TerpiestToker420

im sure the air and humidity aspects could be kept exactly where you would need them to be. The only reason I would never do this is because of the plastic material most refrigerators are lined with. Anything plastic is going tohave static cling, especially when it’s dry. It’s like those old slides at the park. when you touch it, the static pulls on your hair follicles and makes them stand. that’s why when you buy dispensary weed in a plastic bottle, when you’re done with it, there’s always traces you can see but can’t get without scrapping my plastic because they got vaporized to the plastic. It’s why glass is go-to. Happens way less.
Interesting so you think even with a 10 days fridge dry till the buds get to where they gotta be then moving to the jars to start curing would be that detrimental to the final product I understand what your saying but wouldn't the bags elimate alote of that static from reaching the buds... Oris what your saying the plastics would leach the buds of flavors and smells ? Kinda confused

Elxfeezy

Elxfeezy

Interesting so you think even with a 10 days fridge dry till the buds get to where they gotta be then moving to the jars to start curing would be that detrimental to the final product I understand what your saying but wouldn't the bags elimate alote of that static from reaching the buds... Oris what your saying the plastics would leach the buds of flavors and smells ? Kinda confused
I believe in handling the plant as little bad possible. I made one batch of hash, and started with putting the plant in a plastic bowl, when I was finished, I feel the truchomes that has clung to the plastic, it was so much it hurt my feelings. Stay away from storing you plants in plastic. Plastic steals your trichomes and vaporizes them to its surface. And you can’t scrape it off because it’s soft plastic.

Elxfeezy

Elxfeezy

You can give a try if you want, but I can almost guarantee that you’ll feel your trichomes on the inner wall of the fridge. And that will make the smell linger for sure.

C.dutchpuxx

C.dutchpuxx

Did you harvest early?
Yes I believe I harvested a week early, not exactly sure. But I had to do it and ill tell you why, I probably shouldn't be sharing this but its a great story and my thcfarmer acc isn’t connected to anything personal, so I'm not to worried about sharing this. the area i live in is very cannabis friendly, and the climate during the summer is literally perfect for growing. So theres tons of outdoor grow ops around here. So long story short, me and my buddies went to go explore the woods near us when we were trippin, and after an hour or so of walking we came upon this field that absolutely REEKED, we couldn't see anything yet but we could smell it. so we went to take a closer look and sure enough. It was a cornfield FULL of plants, easily thousands of them, if not hundreds of thousands of them. this was another one of those grow ops, but this one was bigger than anything I've ever seen, I've never even seen a picture of one so big. I wish I took a picture of this field just to show you guys, it was absolutely unbelievable. and the buds on the plants were amazing for outdoor grow.

I don’t think i have to finish this story, I think you know how it ended...

(For legal reasons don't take this seriously this is definitely 100% a joke)

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
you need to have the temp at 70-75, humidity 45-50 for the first 3 days than raise humidity to 50-55, temp around 70 for 7 or more days, near the end of those 7 days raise humidity to 58-62 till buds can be snap off in one try or try semi thick branches to snap/break in one try, if so you can store away in jars? with 2 way humidity packs.. at 62%..
the whole dry and cure must have fresh air circulation and be in complete darkness!
that basically will keep your weed with the smell your after. this way is easy and has worked for me and others for years!
always dank😋

_mahavishnu

_mahavishnu

So are you saying you stole someone else’s plant? I’m confused, because you have threads about plants that you’re growing, and if this is one of your plants, then I don’t see what your story has to do with harvesting early.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
So are you saying you stole someone else’s plant? I’m confused, because you have threads about plants that you’re growing, and if this is one of your plants, then I don’t see what your story has to do with harvesting early.

The plants he harvested early are the ones he ripped from the corn field. This whole thread is him asking why his STOLEN plants smell like hay. Pathetic.

@Aqua Man, @1diesel1, You guys seeing this?

Last edited:
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Yes I believe I harvested a week early, not exactly sure. But I had to do it and ill tell you why, I probably shouldn't be sharing this but its a great story and my thcfarmer acc isn’t connected to anything personal, so I'm not to worried about sharing this. the area i live in is very cannabis friendly, and the climate during the summer is literally perfect for growing. So theres tons of outdoor grow ops around here. So long story short, me and my buddies went to go explore the woods near us when we were trippin, and after an hour or so of walking we came upon this field that absolutely REEKED, we couldn't see anything yet but we could smell it. so we went to take a closer look and sure enough. It was a cornfield FULL of plants, easily thousands of them, if not hundreds of thousands of them. this was another one of those grow ops, but this one was bigger than anything I've ever seen, I've never even seen a picture of one so big. I wish I took a picture of this field just to show you guys, it was absolutely unbelievable. and the buds on the plants were amazing for outdoor grow.

Ain’t getting no brownie points on The Farm with that story son:(
Or make any interweb friends!!

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

Based on the size of the grow described I bet this dude ripped off a hemp plant. Have fun with that. Your inflammation is about to be relieved af.

Last edited:
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Get tollitla wraps not powered plaine and not the wheat lkind break it up toss a few strips in wit ya cannabinoids it will bring ya moisture back thennnnnnnnnn get it back into cure andcure correct ✌️♾️✌️like a bby the more the marrier
Dude, your buds are haunted...

I am smoking some super strong hash right now and might just be trippin, but im seeing the face of a little green man hiding in your plant.
Screenshot 20210524 210720 Samsung Internet

Last edited:
Edinburgh

Edinburgh

You buds smelled dank bc plant was alive, now that it's chopped it is drying and your smelling chloroform, you have to cure your flower till the hay grass smell is gone and your bud smells dank again.

Top Bottom