Drying Buds Troubleshooting. Help

• Thread starter vangs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

i think this is what im gunna do.. i got abunch of plastic totes.. whats the purpose of the bovada? why throw in packs to make the bud more humid?
When drying a plant the outside can get crispy while inside of the stem is wet.
I wait until I can snap the stems or until I can hear the fiber breaking in the stem.
Then it goes into the bucket with boveda packs.
What it does is brings out a even moisture. Your not putting moisture back in to the buds. Just evening it out.

EatPizza

EatPizza

I would say yes. Can you raise RH a wee bit, say into the 30s? Also, 4 days to dry is way too fast, you'll end up with hay. If you can get it to that 7 days, that's better, I like getting it in 10 days even better (and then a long, cool cure after that).

What would be the most ideal RH and Temp to extend to a 10 day dry period? What about air current?

ken dog

ken dog

I changed my mind and I will be dry trimming next harvest. .. Here's how I will do it:

50% humidity for the first 24 hours, then 60% humidity for the next 6 days, then raise it to 70% humidity for an hour or so, then trim.

Raising the humidity at the end will make the leaf supple enough so that it will be easily trimmed.

I will have an air conditioner in the room, a dry fogger with humidistat in the room, and plenty of air flow from four oscillating fans.

I will keep the temperature at 68 degrees Fahrenheit...20 degrees Celsius.

CrazyColas

CrazyColas

Ori think this is what im gunna do.. i got abunch of plastic totes.. whats the purpose of the bovada? why throw in packs to make the bud more humid?
Boveda packs are amazing. I know them from cigar smoking. Best part is they will either put in, or take out moisture to maintain the packet RH. After 7-10 days hanging in the shed (going to 14 with the next stems), I put in a large glass jar with a 58% Boveda.
Better living through science.

Latest posts

Top Bottom