• Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hdinkleman

Sounds like a bit of a dickhead idea tbh

then you can keep doing what you are doing see ya later
like what the fuck does that even mean?

oh yeah its a dickhead idea to tell you how to get better tasting weed, smoother smoking weed and weed that gets you more fucked up.
yeah must be a real dickhead idea.
you go ahead and do your thing then, let others that are interested post
take your negativeity elsewhere

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
I dry in 20 days and still burp the jars for another 15 and the temps never exceed 20C. The boiling point of myrcene is 168C. I don’t think 20C will do much to it.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Time will tell I take everything with a grain of salt especially on this thing we call the interwebs lol. I'm open I give it a go on a small amount and see for myself. Lots of gimmicks and claims out there but the science behind it makes enough sense for me to try it... Like was said the proof will be in the pudding. Until then it's just another idea to me.

Some advice I was given by my father as a kid... Believe non of what you hear and only half of what you see.

I'm always skeptical it's just my nature

H

Hdinkleman

I dry in 20 days and still burp the jars for another 15 and the temps never exceed 20C. The boiling point of myrcene is 168C. I don’t think 20C will do much to it.

when the terp is volatile fresh off the plant it evaporates.
take your entire next harvest and hang dry in a room at 90F and tell me how it tastes.

the boiling point if a terpene is more information for extracts and preserving terpines during the process.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I've grown for decades and the dry and cure process still makes my hands sweat when the time comes. There is too much to be taken down at one time and the drying process is nervewracking, trying to keep it damp enough to dry slowly but with enough circulation to keep mold and mildew at bay during the first few days, and hanging isn't an option. I might give this method a try with a portion of the yield to see how much of a difference it makes. It shouldn't affect the cure too much , which is where the flavor and taste develop, but if it eliminates the chlorophyll, then it's worth a try.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

when the terp is volatile fresh off the plant it evaporates.
take your entire next harvest and hang dry in a room at 90F and tell me how it tastes.

the boiling point if a terpene is more information for extracts and preserving terpines during the process.
I'm not quite convinced of that oil does not evaporate. At 90 f you dry way to quickly stopping the processes that break down the chlorophyll, that's why it would taste like shit

H

Hdinkleman

day 4 drying in fridge

one of the buds in a bag i checked today

88456EF5 76DA 4F16 9099 D6C609D1F473

what the inside of the paper bags look like

C8079AB1 31C1 4DCA BBCA E6BEB95699F5

another bag

513605E9 9452 405B 8657 A4D6014160C2

bud in other bag

CDF6C615 8295 4037 8A76 65E2CA5447CA

paper bags in ghetto ass fridge.

115F9C53 2AA3 4160 A849 EDD88C5DEB88

H

Hdinkleman

I've grown for decades and the dry and cure process still makes my hands sweat when the time comes. There is too much to be taken down at one time and the drying process is nervewracking, trying to keep it damp enough to dry slowly but with enough circulation to keep mold and mildew at bay during the first few days, and hanging isn't an option. I might give this method a try with a portion of the yield to see how much of a difference it makes. It shouldn't affect the cure too much , which is where the flavor and taste develop, but if it eliminates the chlorophyll, then it's worth a try.

the whole point is you dont need to worry about it. my first post explained that we take it to 69% rh in the fridge then take it back out and jar it. we still need to cure in jars, i use boveda packs. and it allows us to HAVE A LONGER WINDOW OF RH so we have a LESS OF A CHANCE of mistakingly letting it goo too far and either having it be lower than we want, or missing the curing window completely.
this method is
#1 we are drying in a set it and forget it setting
#2 the cool temperatures allow for us to retain THE MAXIMUM AMOUNT OF TERPENES
#3 gives us a long window of time to catch a particular RH %, which in our case would be 65-69% rh

after this DRYING method, we will cure like normal in the jars. in doing so we preseved a higher % of terpenes due to the cold tenperatures the weed was dried in.
we dont need to worry abouy the terpenes evaporating once the initial amount of moisture is pulled out of the bag and then is placed into jars, or cvaults. i use both during cure, both with bovedas

H

Hdinkleman

I'm not quite convinced of that oil does not evaporate. At 90 f you dry way to quickly stopping the processes that break down the chlorophyll, that's why it would taste like shit
ok you can go ahead and believe what you want, im not gonna force you to do anything. im just sharing with others who usually waste space in a tent drying a minimal amount of weed when can do it easier in the fridge and not waste a week of flowering time from a plant waiting to go in

H

Hdinkleman

this is a quote. “ (drying method) drying is the ability to retain almost all of the terpenes and flavonoids. When we hang to dry these volitile molecules float away with the air. They weigh next to nothing, so evaporation is swift. In the first week alone you'll lose over 30% of the monoterpenes you had at harvest. Those monoterpenes include myrcene, the terpene that helps the cannabinoids get a fast track through the Blood-Brain Barrier so they can attach to the CB1 receptors and introduce euphoria. I don't know about you, but this is a feature I want to support, as well as all the functions of all the other terpenes that get protected by drying low and slow.

and this person knows her shit

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

ok you can go ahead and believe what you want, im not gonna force you to do anything. im just sharing with others who usually waste space in a tent drying a minimal amount of weed when can do it easier in the fridge and not waste a week of flowering time from a plant waiting to go in
Easy man... I'm not disputing the method. I'm just saying terps don't just evaporate. The drying method you describe has some merit to it that's why I will give it a go. I'm just saying its more about the breakdown of the chlorophyll. Yes the preservation of Terps may be increased but not because evaporation but more so the temps in my eyes... But again it has enough merit to it for me to try the proof will be in the pudding as was said earlier by someone with a vicious fairs dog that shall remain nameless.

Maybe I'm wrong who knows but until I see some science or prove it to myself that's where I stand

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
The drying method you describe has some merit to it that's why I will give it a go. I'm just saying its more about the breakdown of the chlorophyll.
I started another thread related to this topic, regarding drying without curing. To me, curing got rid of most of the chlorophyll, mostly by enzymes that break down the chlorophyll as long as there is sufficient water to support the reaction. Terpenes might be volatile, I truthfully don't know but curing shouldn't affect the terpene levels too much, with most of the taste being revealed by the destruction of chlorophyll. The other post I referred to is regarding the lime green buds from years before...were they cured?

H

Hdinkleman

I started another thread related to this topic, regarding drying without curing. To me, curing got rid of most of the chlorophyll, mostly by enzymes that break down the chlorophyll as long as there is sufficient water to support the reaction. Terpenes might be volatile, I truthfully don't know but curing shouldn't affect the terpene levels too much, with most of the taste being revealed by the destruction of chlorophyll. The other post I referred to is regarding the lime green buds from years before...were they cured?

i dont know? what are these lime green buds you are talking about?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I too feel the breakdown of chlorophyll is the biggest contribution to smoother better tasting bud

H

Hdinkleman

Sorry... they were supposedly Hawaiian Puna Buds, circa 1980.

oh sorry. i had some buds that were at the bottom of my colas that were lime green from not getting enough light i think?
they looked like shit at harvest but i am trying to just fast dry a couple buds to smoke and one was the lime green and it looks pretty good. funny how different it is fresh from dried

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom