Dudded, Stunted, and Runted plants...

• Thread starter We Solidarity
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
That's our girl. What genetic you have there? Clone? Seed? You keeps the moms or buy from a source? What's your medium? You notice in veg? I'm looking for as much anecdotal evidence as I can get for a master index of occurrence. This is a big problem. Message me if you want to email, I'm grateful for all details I can get and I'll publish whatever results I can find.
That's indiana bubblegum,clone. I keep moms.i aquired clones this past summer from a friend in the Mitt. Noticed dudding on his plants now I see it on my strains like this bubblegum.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Kens granddaddy purple cut with odd veg growth

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Uk cheese skinny horizontal growth and notice the top stops growing

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Chemdog #4 starting to sieze on top growth trying to shoot out more shoots

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

@GrowGod
So if you grow one of those out to a bush take 50 cuts will all those cuts dud or just a percentage of them?

Ricksauce

Ricksauce

@GrowGod
So if you grow one of those out to a bush take 50 cuts will all those cuts dud or just a percentage of them?
If you take one that's only showing slight symptoms or isn't symptomatic, most will be duds but you can grow a few into cleaner moms and clone yourself out of the hole. It won't be gone but you can save the genetics unless it's too far gone. I'm yet to find anyone completely unaffected. This spread really far.

The ones that show it like Ken's gdp are toast. Those need immediate culling. The skinny cheese look questionable, the Chemdog #4 looks the healthiest but I know this stuff doesn't show up in pics well. That first pic says it all. Sorry man.

Two things to try if you're in a pinch. First, I'm experimenting with making this virus over-winter. I'm operating on the assumption this is a virus as the evidence is overwhelming, to me.

I've seen a reduction in the rate of growth during winter over the last 2 winters. If it's possible to trigger even an episode of dormancy it'll give the plant a chance to recover and beat it for a while . I'm taking the plant tissue as low as I can without killing it - sub 41f for 4 hours. Refrigerator. I'll post results when I have them.

Second, I just got my deliver RNA Pro. It's possible that someone decided to profit on this problem by selling white powder in a plastic jar because they know 10,000 of us will spend $120 before we realize it's not viable. It's possible that the person that made it and bought the domain for Sunn Hemp Mosaic Virus, found a solution and is selling it. Time will tell. I'm not holding my breath.

I do believe that this is the beginning of a very large problem. I don't think most of our friends or growers believe there's a massive systemic issue we're all dealing with. If anyone out there can float another answer other than a viral infection that's gone even deep into the seed supply I'd gladly be wrong and move onto the next thing.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
@GrowGod
Not sure as I don't keep moms I take cuts just before flower to keep the cycle going. My cuts are just now affect but the cuts I recieved I clones and they all show the same results.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
If you take one that's only showing slight symptoms or isn't symptomatic, most will be duds but you can grow a few into cleaner moms and clone yourself out of the hole. It won't be gone but you can save the genetics unless it's too far gone. I'm yet to find anyone completely unaffected. This spread really far.

The ones that show it like Ken's gdp are toast. Those need immediate culling. The skinny cheese look questionable, the Chemdog #4 looks the healthiest but I know this stuff doesn't show up in pics well. That first pic says it all. Sorry man.

Two things to try if you're in a pinch. First, I'm experimenting with making this virus over-winter. I'm operating on the assumption this is a virus as the evidence is overwhelming, to me.

I've seen a reduction in the rate of growth during winter over the last 2 winters. If it's possible to trigger even an episode of dormancy it'll give the plant a chance to recover and beat it for a while . I'm taking the plant tissue as low as I can without killing it - sub 41f for 4 hours. Refrigerator. I'll post results when I have them.

Second, I just got my deliver RNA Pro. It's possible that someone decided to profit on this problem by selling white powder in a plastic jar because they know 10,000 of us will spend $120 before we realize it's not viable. It's possible that the person that made it and bought the domain for Sunn Hemp Mosaic Virus, found a solution and is selling it. Time will tell. I'm not holding my breath.

I do believe that this is the beginning of a very large problem. I don't think most of our friends or growers believe there's a massive systemic issue we're all dealing with. If anyone out there can float another answer other than a viral infection that's gone even deep into the seed supply I'd gladly be wrong and move onto the next thing.
Yes the c4 looks healthiest but the way the top has seized and is shooting out the second and third node from the top something has to be wrong. These plants roots are white fuzzy and healthy.
Will physan 20 slow the infection?

Dabominable

Dabominable

I've noticed this a lot on my sour og. I tend to see it when i over-water a little, or not a light enough mix. Even now in one of my veg rooms, 50 plants, but i've got 2 sour ogs that are like 14+ inches smaller then the rest, prolly gonna just cull them and put them outside in the extra room in the greenhouse for shits, becaue it hurts my heart to kill plants. Sometimes we don't have a choice to wait and take cuts off a truly 100% healthy plant, so that could be a consideration too. I do notice a slight crinkle/wider leaf in general when it does start acting this way, and like a constant 20% droop. I just think they take longer and longer to bounce back once they're bumming a little.Hope this was the same thing you were talking about. Because i've had nice cuts from the same plant, and still duds.

Ricksauce

Ricksauce

Yes the c4 looks healthiest but the way the top has seized and is shooting out the second and third node from the top something has to be wrong. These plants roots are white fuzzy and healthy.
I've treated extensively with physan 20 with no positive results.

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

Maybe I've seen duds but didn't call them that. I've recieved plants that looked like the pics above from friends I've given cuts to and had to veg them a long time to get healthy then clone from that to get them growing right. I've never flowered a dud but I've got some pretty funky growing plant in veg until cloned. Example I had a east coast I gave to a friend after a year or so he said it was growing funky and had lost its vigor and potency. I picked up a small plant that looked pretty healthy but wasn't growing right. Vegged that thing for a couple months and it got better as far as vigor but the leaves were smaller than normal. Took a dozen cuts and kept the best one and scrapped the rest. The one I kept grew normally. I'm not sure if that would be considered a dud I just thought it was from cloning off a clone too many times when the donor was not healthy.

Ricksauce

Ricksauce

This seems to be the consensus. Everybody's seen it, heard about it and has a different name for it or writes it off as some mysterious genetic drift or misc fungus. It's all well and good until it ruins a run or three or until you try to scale and it requires unreasonable overages to hit your base number of healthy starts.

Toaster79

Toaster79

Sounds like it's viral. Might give aspirin a shot to give the imune system a kick. Sure can't hurt.

Dabominable

Dabominable

See, and i have flowered a dud, and see about the same yields, f not fewer branches. Truth i only ever had the issue with sour og and purple kush, so could be an older plant kush thng, dunno. Im about due to self pollenate both those

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

So guys, I have had russets over the last year. Reading this thread, I believe I have many of the symptoms you guys are talking about. If I understand it correctly, you guys are now talking about a virus, instead of just russet damage.

My question to you guys, I have a handful of elite cuts. They are ALL showing signs of everything this thread talks about. I have been keeping one mother away from the others, because she is clean ATM. In a separate building, no where close to the other mothers. The infected clones are GSC, Sherbet, Gilado, Black lime reserve, and Black Jack. I know GSC is notorious for these issues.

I plan on doing a huge outdoor garden this year, and had SOOOO many issues last season with mites, and maybe a virus. My question is, should I just toss all my genetics and start new? I just took clones and tossed all the moms. I was thinking I would start a round of chemical miticides to knock these bugs out before I take clones for next season. However, if it's a virus miticides wont do squat.

I like my clones for my light deps, but I have plenty of seeds if I can't use clones. So, toss them or keep and treat?

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

So guys, I have had russets over the last year. Reading this thread, I believe I have many of the symptoms you guys are talking about. If I understand it correctly, you guys are now talking about a virus, instead of just russet damage.

My question to you guys, I have a handful of elite cuts. They are ALL showing signs of everything this thread talks about. I have been keeping one mother away from the others, because she is clean ATM. In a separate building, no where close to the other mothers. The infected clones are GSC, Sherbet, Gilado, Black lime reserve, and Black Jack. I know GSC is notorious for these issues.

I plan on doing a huge outdoor garden this year, and had SOOOO many issues last season with mites, and maybe a virus. My question is, should I just toss all my genetics and start new? I just took clones and tossed all the moms. I was thinking I would start a round of chemical miticides to knock these bugs out before I take clones for next season. However, if it's a virus miticides wont do squat.

I like my clones for my light deps, but I have plenty of seeds if I can't use clones. So, toss them or keep and treat?

Throw them out.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Sounds like it's viral. Might give aspirin a shot to give the imune system a kick. Sure can't hurt.
And milk.

@Ricksauce -- you seem very certain it's viral. Did you read the GH paper I posted a page or three back on using milk to control spread of viruses?

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

Care to say why? Because of the russets? Possible virus? Mothers genetics aren't worth it?

If they're showing symptoms they're infected, this thread is pretty much about the hoplessness of plants that are affected...culling has been the only solution.

Top Bottom