Dueling UCE's - A Perpetual Flip-Flop

• Thread starter RMCG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

RMCG

Could have come from anywhere initially. They were around for a bit, always seemed in check, but never eradicated. Changing to full IPM mode so nothing else slips in.

C

crossouttheiis

You could always try raid my friends redneck uncle sprayed it to get rid of crabs...lol you never know. How is azatrol....i hate azamax stuff doesnt work....and avid works but probably not that healthy for yah which is what I stil l use

R

RMCG

You could always try raid my friends redneck uncle sprayed it to get rid of crabs...lol you never know. How is azatrol....i hate azamax stuff doesnt work....and avid works but probably not that healthy for yah which is what I stil l use

Ha! I wouldn't use that stuff around my house, let alone on my nutz.

Azatrol/Azamax is sort of the same thing. I noticed a single, small tent yesterday, it got sprayed with SNS217. I can't say how the azatrol is working, just due to the 'way' it works, but I should know more in 5-7 days. If I see another explosion or if the population diminishes further/completely.

It is definitely not a 'knock down' kill them instantly type of product. It starves them and makes them unable to mature or breed. Its running in ALL res's, so I will definitely see what it does or does not do.

I need to drain and flush Room 1 res and re-nute the solution today.

I have Avid and Floramite, but if I don't ever have to use them, I will be happy.

I found a gallon of Azatrol for fairly cheap, so I think I will add a low dosage to the veg res's as preventative.

I picked up 6" duct starter collars to tie Room 2's lights in to the existing duct work. The fan (1200cfm) should be enough to keep that room near ambient, but its not. Edges up to the mid-80's. Maybe need more on the intake side?

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Sup brah! Your garden is looking great, but for some strange reason all the picts are just showing up as attachment links on my iPhone... Not sure why... In any event keep up the great work cultivating Rocky Mountain Colorado Grown buds! :cool

R

RMCG

Sup brah! Your garden is looking great, but for some strange reason all the picts are just showing up as attachment links on my iPhone... Not sure why... In any event keep up the great work cultivating Rocky Mountain Colorado Grown buds! :cool

Thanks. :)

Yeah, I'm not sure what happened with the pix. They were all 'inline', then one day switched to the links like that. I haven't tried to upload new ones, so not sure if that's just the way it is now or if there is a problem with pix loading?

R

RMCG

Decisions, Decisions...

So I am debating whether or not to 'reset' Room 2 or not.

They are currently about 12 days in to flower, just barely starting to see the initial bud set, but they are very sparse.

Between the ones in the Veg UC and some stragglers left on the table, I can completely swap this system out and and flip immediately only losing ~ 2 weeks.

I just don't like the way they are right now and don't want to waste another 1.5 months on them.

I would yank them from this room and put them in to the veg UC to 'recoup/veg' a little. They will have to go in to Room 1 in ~ 3 weeks though, as the ones on the table are no where near ready yet.

Here is a crappy pic of the screen as it is today, Not sure how much of a stretcher this Alien is, but seems like its done stretching already, and that does not bode well. Coupled with broken branches from the lights coming down, I think it might be the best option.

Thoughts?

R2 debate

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Swap em if you don't feel these are vigorous enough, better now then later. You'll make the right call either way.

R

RMCG

Swap em if you don't feel these are vigorous enough, better now then later. You'll make the right call either way.

Yeah, they are just sort of 'lackluster' looking. I've never run this strain before, but I just don't think they are going to 'fill in' like I want/need.

I'm not sure I'm digging the PBP either...

Lower leaves are yellowing WAY too early. Even with added CalMag+ for a small bump in N.

I think a 'reboot' would make me feel a bit better, maybe run VEG nutes for the first week or two as well before switching to PBP flower.

Time to go find me some of these and think on it some more...

async.jpg

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Alright! The Picts are working again... I tried PBP once in my ebb 'n flow and couldn't dial it in... Then again I wasn't using any beneficial bacteria back then... I heard others adding a slight amount of GH 3part to the PBP mix though with good results... :itwasntme

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

Im really diggin the triflex plants seem to love it, to bad it discontinued I gotta stock up

I would pull them plants now. If only puts you back 2 weeks thats a lot better than only getting an oz or 2 per plants.
BG

C

crossouttheiis

I have two questions....
How did you like the pbp for veg. I just picked that up with some aqua shield I was about to start running?

And earlier we were talking about using dampers with an air conditioning unit. Those units only come with one thermostat. Its it possible to connect another one to it that is located in the other room so when the damper switches the ac still knows to stay on?

R

RMCG

I have two questions....
How did you like the pbp for veg. I just picked that up with some aqua shield I was about to start running?

And earlier we were talking about using dampers with an air conditioning unit. Those units only come with one thermostat. Its it possible to connect another one to it that is located in the other room so when the damper switches the ac still knows to stay on?

I haven't used PBP for veg. I use DM Gold.

Use NC or 'Normally Closed' damper units, they use 24v transformers that can be hooked up to your enviro-controller or thermostat/humidistat to energize(open) when it needs to, independently of each other.

066028011084lg.jpg

R

RMCG

Im really diggin the triflex plants seem to love it, to bad it discontinued I gotta stock up

I would pull them plants now. If only puts you back 2 weeks thats a lot better than only getting an oz or 2 per plants.
BG

I'm thinking the same thing...

R

RMCG

Both flower rooms got nutes changed out. Room 1 is on the last week of Big Bud, then starting Over Drive for 2 weeks. Hit a very small mite tent with SNS again, but every thing else looks good, save for the fan leaf damage that was done.

Got the cooling coil hooked up in Room 1.

Calibrated all my meters. All were a touch off on TDS readings (reading high).

PBP is NOT the problem in Room 2. Apparently when the reflectors dropped and hit plants/netpots, some hydroton had gotten in to the buckets. This UC has the filters installed and I had checked them for debris/stones immediately afterwards. I pulled 2 small rocks from the inlets on the filters and thought all was good. Apparently when I took the filters apart, 3 rocks made it past and were up near the Y connector near the pump. I noticed impeded flow today and took the entire return lines apart, when I did that and NORMAL pump flow returned, and it circulated for a few minutes, nutes were hot and pH was all over the damn place. Couple that with high day temps and they didn't have a chance.

Stupid Me.

So... They are still getting swapped out tomorrow with what's vegging right now, but I am going to continue giving the PBP a go.
Made a couple of quick changes and the day temps in Room 2 max out at 82.7. Not great, but better. I hope to hook up the ducting tomorrow for those lights, just trying to decide if I want to go through the floor or wall for the intake side of it.

Hopefully they don't freak out/stall too much with the transition back to veg.

Need to change out the water in the veg UC when I move them over. I am going to have to wait to clean that system until they move in to Room 1 in ~3 weeks.

I think I am going to run cages instead of a screen in this room as it is really too tight with that in there and I cannot get to the back or one whole side. I am too damn big to go between the buckets from the side and belly crawling 8' up and back to get to the back from the epicenter side would really suck. Not that full cages would make it ~that~ much easier, but atleast I will be standing.

Too damn busy to snap pix of anything.

R

RMCG

Random Thoughts on A/C

Rough layout of rooms.

Here is what I have come up with for options.

Ducted Window AC's, probably the cheapest, yet redundant gear:

Window ACs

Tent as a lung room, not sure how well that would work, as the lung room is ideally supposed to be the same size as the room(s).

Tent as Lung

Single point of failure.

MULTI mini split

No negative pressure?

Mini split

Not sure if 2x the size for the lung is ideal, afraid of smells, window condensation, no negative pressure, poor insulation, and tons of C02 waste.

BigLungRoom

Probably a lot more cons than pros to all of these ideas, but that's what I have been thinking about.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Sucks about the hood/hydroton issue, but you're prob gonna be happy you are starting that room fresh. Very nice floor plan layouts too... Decisions, decisions... :thinking

R

RMCG

Sucks about the hood/hydroton issue, but you're prob gonna be happy you are starting that room fresh. Very nice floor plan layouts too... Decisions, decisions... :thinking

Yeah, I would rather lose 2 weeks then 2 months...

Hehe, those are probably the BEST thing I have EVER done using MSPaint. Tough as hell with no mouse and a touchpad on a laptop.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
No doubt on wasting 2 months of time and money... Shit, that's pretty good work for using MS Paint! I have an Engineering degree and have AutoCAD on my laptop, but I decided that I could make more money with my minor in Construction Management... That was until the economy and residential construction industry took a dive. It's much easier to coordinate the design team of the Architect, Civil, Structural, and MEP Engineers than do the work myself... Can't wait to start building homes and apartments again... A bit off topic there, but I'm soaking in all the great info in your thread so that I can properly upgrade my room in the future... I love all the cool gadgets and automation you've incorporated... :yes

R

RMCG

No doubt on wasting 2 months of time and money... Shit, that's pretty good work for using MS Paint! I have an Engineering degree and have AutoCAD on my laptop, but I decided that I could make more money with my minor in Construction Management... That was until the economy and residential construction industry took a dive. It's much easier to coordinate the design team of the Architect, Civil, Structural, and MEP Engineers than do the work myself...
Can't wait to start building homes and apartments again...

Why be the cow when you can be the farmer? :)

I haven't used CAD in forever. I still can't get the hang of SketchUp and some of the other cool software around now. Give me some graph paper and pencil though.... I have notebooks and notebooks of sketches of ideas. Probably looks like a crazy persons ramblings, but it makes sense to me!

A bit off topic there, but I'm soaking in all the great info in your thread so that I can properly upgrade my room in the future... I love all the cool gadgets and automation you've incorporated... :yes

Thanks. I'll be a guinea pig. Hope it doesn't bite me in the ass though.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Why be the cow when you can be the farmer? :)
Honestly, I got complacent and have never been through a recession before this... Graduated in '99 when business was booming until '06... I didn't see the writing on the wall. This is one reason why I'm putting a lot of energy into growing... So that I'll be able to supplement my income once I'm back in construction. Maybe through networking, starting a development or owner/builder firm will be feasible in a few years after the economy bounces back... In any event, I'm sure that many of the Farmers here will give you solid advice and your HVAC design will be proper and efficient... :nod

Latest posts

Top Bottom