Dueling UCE's - A Perpetual Flip-Flop

• Thread starter RMCG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Th3Jungl3Boy

Veg UCE plants now have some roots down in to the solution.
I expect to see them take off over the next week.

Mix for Round 3 on the table took the transplant well.

Screen has been built for Room 1, but not yet installed.

I need to trim up the lowers, spray Organicide and shuffle them around in the system before I drop it on top of them.

I had a few branch splits on the ones that tipped over, but they are still healthy and growing.

Here is the nute schedule I have worked out for Room 1.

Base nutes #'s are the only thing I am unsure about at this time, but is a good starting point. Going to shoot for desired ppm's and maintain for the 2 weeks between flushes.

Pure Flowers will have one application, in place of Bud Ignitor/Bud Blood, hoping to boost initial bud set.

Silica will be ~20ml every other day (and used for pH Up, when necessary) and the sterilizer being added 3 days before the flush.

View attachment 128729

Fucking professional!
I loved it!

B

BavarianFarmer

If I lived where there was no reception and needed a sat phone, I don't think I would leave! :)

Oh trust me, I honestly cant stand being down in town for too long anymore. I'm usually out there for 2 weeks or so at a time before I come in for more supplies. Internet would be cool out there, but satellite internet is slower than dial up and has horrible reviews. My phone works great though. Just a little pricy per minute. I mainly text on it since it's cheaper. I'm in town for a couple days helping my family with some things and doing some more research. Once I have my journal up and going it will kinda suck only being able to update it every couple weeks or so. Oh well, while I'm out there, everything in society slips out of my mind. I've been out there 5 months now and it's definitely the best place I've ever lived. Best time of my life as well. anyways, back to your grow! Your budulars are coming on nicely!
BF

R

RMCG

Temp probes got added to the rooms. No issues with digital ballasts or walls blocking reception. After unplugging everything and moving to the location, one sensor didn't want to 'pick up' the gateway again. Deleted it and re-added it and away it went.

Looks like its time to add the cool coil to Room 1.

Lights on at 5p, so the data before it is irrelevant.

Trending chart done in Google Docs:

R1 TempChart

C

crossouttheiis

There is a water temp probe.

Remaining bits of the dosing unit(pH/TDS) will be here today, so I will have that completed in a day or two.

Picture by picture step by step...this will be perfect for a veg set up. If my buddies company doesn't release there set up soon I'm going to buy a grobot grr

R

RMCG

Picture by picture step by step...this will be perfect for a veg set up. If my buddies company doesn't release there set up soon I'm going to buy a grobot grr

No worries man, I have everything BUT the actual controllers now, they were back ordered, but I will take pix, step by step.

I really like the GroBot, just not the price tag.

C

crossouttheiis

Supposedly this guy at the hydro store is good friends with a guy that is in the process of releasing something that does everything the gro bot does and it can control multiple res. I hope that comes out soon. What you are making is bad ass and is perfect to auto pilot a veg unit

R

RMCG

Supposedly this guy at the hydro store is good friends with a guy that is in the process of releasing something that does everything the gro bot does and it can control multiple res. I hope that comes out soon. What you are making is bad ass and is perfect to auto pilot a veg unit

Love to hear about what he's got cooking?!

I've got a few more thoughts on some additional goodies, need to continue the research first though.

R

RMCG

BORG!

Seems with the warmer weather the past few days, the remaining mites that were not eradicated by Organicide EXPLODED. I noticed some leaf damage, then the next day saw some minor tenting where they were setting up camp, so I have been in full assault mode.

Every single plant got sprayed with SNS217 and a fogger set off in Room 1 the other day, then added some azatrol to the res today @ ~3ml/gal. I will let that run for a few days then flush and swap out the res. I took the spraying 'opportunity' to thin out a ton more larfy crap, should be the last (overdue!) trimming. Exposed some nice sized colas. I will hit them again with SNS (or homemade SNS) in a few days and ~may~ run azatrol again one more time in 7-10 days.

I added some azatrol to Room 2 and Veg Res' to knock them out there and will continue to use it in the veg res for the systemic properties, as well as foliar spraying in veg/early flower.

Some crappy pix I took:

IMAG0181

IMAG0183

IMAG0184

IMAG0185

IMAG0186

IMAG0187

R

RMCG

I'm adding in a new circuit (240v) for the lighting and needing to choose between 2. Either a CAP MLC or a Titan Helios. I've used CAP in the past and am running their enviro-controllers now (AIR-1, AIR-2 and AIR-3), but don't have any experience with Titan, other than some timers. Anyone have anything good or bad to say about them? Specifically looking at the Helios 5 or the MLC-4.

Hoping to reclaim some amps from the 100A sub as I am expecting to add in A/C in the near future. I was ~planning~ on installing a multi zone minisplit, but due to line-set lengths, it would require HVAC work to add in a few ounces of refrigerant, so looking at a few other options now. Either commercial (server room grade) portables, a split unit (Frostbox or Excel) with dampers into the flower rooms or multiple mini-splits if I can find spots for the condenser units (perhaps the roof?). I guess if I went for the roof mount, I could still do the multi-zone unit. Either way, summer is coming...

C

crossouttheiis

Pm me I have an extra mlc4 with trigger cable. how many lights are you trying to cool total... I t think I'm going to go with a five ton with dampers seems most efficient to cool flip floo rooms.

R

RMCG

Pm me I have an extra mlc4 with trigger cable. how many lights are you trying to cool total... I t think I'm going to go with a five ton with dampers seems most efficient to cool flip floo rooms.

4 in each room, I ~may~ think about switching to vertical in one room, but that would take some UC reconfiguration. Would probably just bump to 6 lights max if I did that.

Yeah, I'm liking the damper idea as well on a traditional split system. I realize I would pay a premium for an excel and dual damper unit, but PnP with a 40ft lineset is kind of nice.

D

dorkvan420

Professional as all hell RMCG....keep it growing like should!!!!!

C

crossouttheiis

Were you thinking a 2.5 ton just to be safe? The only benefit of a dual zone ductless mini split is on electricity cost. If cost is not an issue have you thought about water cooled air conditioner?

true grit

true grit

I have MLC-8's that have been working great. No experience with the Titans..yet. I chose the 8's so i could be expandable even though i don't run 8 on one. At most 4 per to break up load even though they have seperate breakers.

One pain to multi zone mini-splits will be constant cycling if rooms are flip flopping. If lights are externally aircooled, what about AC'ing a dead room and putting the AIR controllers on filters. Do one big ass ac, set temps low and use that filtered air as fresh intake. If your fans for lights are strong enough, the intake fans probably won't even run constantly. Otherwise yeah a good ac with handlers above the rooms would be nifty but zoned control would be more difficult...

R

RMCG

Were you thinking a 2.5 ton just to be safe? The only benefit of a dual zone ductless mini split is on electricity cost. If cost is not an issue have you thought about water cooled air conditioner?

I was thinking 2T / room, but the difference between 4 and 5T units are pretty slim.

Not so much on electricity cost, but circuit runs, amps, etc too.

CO has pretty strict water issues. Not sure I would want to go down that road, BUT I still like the idea of water cooling... I know more about thermodynamics now than I wish I did.

I keep trying to justify it, but I ~think~ I can put something together that would be half of a ChillKing/HydroInnovations solution. Not thinking iceboxes either...

R

RMCG

I have MLC-8's that have been working great. No experience with the Titans..yet. I chose the 8's so i could be expandable even though i don't run 8 on one. At most 4 per to break up load even though they have seperate breakers.

One pain to multi zone mini-splits will be constant cycling if rooms are flip flopping. If lights are externally aircooled, what about AC'ing a dead room and putting the AIR controllers on filters. Do one big ass ac, set temps low and use that filtered air as fresh intake. If your fans for lights are strong enough, the intake fans probably won't even run constantly. Otherwise yeah a good ac with handlers above the rooms would be nifty but zoned control would be more difficult...

I debated the 8 light units, but figured I would run another line if I need to, plus I think If I go to 16 lights, it won't be in this spot... :)

I like the inverter technology of the minis, so not sure how much it would cycle? Just ramping up/down as necessary.

Lung Room! Need to see how to 'size' something that would work for both rooms. Perhaps I can use the 'existing' space for the lung room if you know what I mean?

Right now the lights are not ducted out, I have the fans, just need to hook them up and figure out a way to tie them in to the ducting that vents the room through the ceiling. That should be easy enough. I planned on disconnecting the vents in the floor, putting a screen/filter and duct register on it and sucking cooler air from the crawlspace, up through the lights then out.

R

RMCG

In between posts and PM's, I finished a couple of items on my list today.

:)

Firstly though, I saw NO SIGNS of mites today. No tenting, etc. I see dried eggs and dead bodies though. Not sure if the eggs are still viable, but will continue to run the azatrol for a few more days in the res. The SNS did not cause any pistil browning or other adverse affects from the treatments.

Screen for Room 2 has been built and installed. I think I cut the legs too short though and will grab some couplers to raise them another 6-8". Serious manglement going on under that screen right now.

Chiller manifold has been modified and hoses ran to Room 1. Coil has been rebent and installed in to the epicenter, but I still need to put the hoses through the wall and button it all up. I am hoping to run both rooms from the one 1/2hp chiller, seems to be keeping up just fine with one room. I think that the flow is seriously reduced going through 5/8" hose and 3/8" coils, hoping the additional run reduces some of the backpressure I KNOW is on the pump. I mistyped before when I said it was a Pondmaster 12, this one is a 24, so it moves some water (2400GPH) when unrestricted.

I grabbed a few fittings to put the humidifier in the veg room on 'auto fill', but I'm a dipshit and forgot the important one, so couldn't finish it today.

Due to the convo above, I've got some additional ductwork/ducting to do regarding the lighting. Shouldn't be that difficult to cut in to the duct boot and bolt in a flange.

It is now waaay past beer-thirty and I am running late...

:)

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

hey brother... did you find out where the mites came from? that is one of the things I am most worried about as I am almost ready to get started and the warm temps are coming.

Latest posts

Top Bottom