DutchLog01 - (trying) organic Hydro aka the problem SoG (Coco High-Freq-Fert - 10x5 LED)

• Thread starter Dr.Dutch
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dr.Dutch

Dr.Dutch

So, I don't really know how to start here right now.... I had already said to Moe in his Fogponic thread that I must start a log here weeks ago..

As an introduction:
  • ~1400w LED (something DIY and thrown together, will be changed when there is enough money, someday. But does the job)
    • 2x 270w Hydroca BlueLine420 (3 chan 3500k; 440/450nm; 630/660nm)
    • 4x 50w SANlight
    • 48x 13/13,5w CorePro
  • 10x5 Homebox, 540m³ Filter, 270m³ exhaust fan (swiss made silent box with low pressure drop, i am wondering myself that this works^^)
  • Coco/Perlit (65/35) Hydro 3,5l containers (Canna Coco Professional)
  • Serious Kush (Serious Seeds) 72 plants one genotyp. Third run with this genetic. One cannot speak of selection. 6 seeds, 3 germinated, one cripple and one discarded because of mold. But my mistake with the germination rate, I do not blame the breeder for this.
    The SK#4 has stayed and is used at the moment for testing, result last time on Coco was very good with it.
  • DIY irrigation, Netafim, high pressure pump (Still not satisfied with the setup, details will follow)
  • Fertilizers and additives only professionals and salts, calculation with excel (again details will follow)

Currently we are in week 5 (Exactly day 36 today). Plants do not look so nice, as the title already implies. That's why it took a little longer with the report, had to change a few things first.

two days ago
Dutchlog01   trying organic hydro aka the problem sog  coco high freq fert   10x5 led 4

Dutchlog01   trying organic hydro aka the problem sog  coco high freq fert   10x5 led 3

.. removed all sick leaves (and once again realized that my tent is missing doors in the back 😠 )
Dutchlog01   trying organic hydro aka the problem sog  coco high freq fert   10x5 led 5

Now
Dutchlog01   trying organic hydro aka the problem sog  coco high freq fert   10x5 led

Dutchlog01   trying organic hydro aka the problem sog  coco high freq fert   10x5 led 2

Back story (brief):
On the mother plants I had already tested the same mixture, which now led to problems.
The aim was only to adjust the pH with citric acid. For this purpose, the addition of glucose was tested, since previous tests indicated that this keeps the pH with the citric acid stable longer (tests conducted in open tank with circulation pump).
Mother plants were watered with a nutrient solution that was more than 14 days old and the cubes of the clones were also watered with it afterwards, which did not lead to any problems.
In the water lines, however, this fluctuating pH, which occurred with this mixture, leads to problems I think. There is always some nutrient solution in the line, where the pH can not be adjusted.
In addition, the nutrient solution was also visually and from the smell in the reservoir not as in the test before. To put it simply, it looked and smelled like sh**..

To go back a little further: I'm currently testing (or try it^^) many things from manicbotanix.com.
Theoretically, many things probably make sense there, but some I would see in the meantime also skeptical or have not looked at them critically enough when reading and so far and thought too little.
(Who is new here and does not know manics at all should perhaps read in Moe's thread, there is already a bit of it and from me
https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/fogponics-as-good-or-better-than-hydro.142273/post-2850580).
So, long story short: With the acid and the glucose I have definitely promoted any MOs that I probably do not want to have.

A week ago then cleaned pump and res, flushed lines and back 2 basics with the nutrient solution.

Thrown out (so you get an overview): Citric, salicylic and ascorbic acid, amino/peptide fertilizer and mono aminos, kelp additive, chitosan and glucose.

There are basically four test formulations running now:
  1. Tank60 only with mineral nutrians, BioPak and BTI (tablet dissolved and filtered with coffee filter)
  2. Bucket with the same mixture as 1. without BTI.
    These two to see how the MOs behave without other organics.
    PH/EC has been stable here for seven days and both look great.
  3. Tank90 BioPak, Tween20 ( Surfactant) und Fulvic twice.
  4. reservoir with the pump. Is currently filled from tank90(T9), after a week virtually no sediment and as clear as on the first day. BTI (as above) was also added here a few days ago, does not cause any problems with Fulvic, Tween20 and BioPak
PH and EC are completely stable at 3 and 4 so far.
Today the new solution in T9 was additionally made with magnesium citrate. First test whether citrates are compatible or whether I need other fertilizer to get my sulfur levels down.

@N1ghtL1ght you can have a look at the video here. For @Moe.Red possibly also quite interesting. It is about the sense of carbon fertilization.
Had already said about to the article by Ferandez that this could be different with C3 plants than with the corn to which he referred.
Quite interesting in depth as it also says something about the reduction of nitrate and SO4 in the plant and how that competes with CO2.
Confirms then also again some things from manics
I will now test here in any case piece by piece, how the aminos and other things behave exactly in the tank. The BioPak itself does not seem to cause any problems or does what it should.

And if anyone wants to see the last test result: The sh**y res^^
Dutchlog01   trying organic hydro aka the problem sog  coco high freq fert   10x5 led 6

So, we have most of it together for now. And I can still edit .
I will now add Mg citrate to T6 and rinse a few pots with the pressure pump sprayer. Don't like a drain pH of around 7.

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So, I don't really know how to start here right now.... I had already said to Moe in his Fogponic thread that I must start a log here weeks ago..

As an introduction:
  • ~1400w LED (something DIY and thrown together, will be changed when there is enough money, someday. But does the job)
    • 4x 50w SANlight
    • 48x 13/13,5w CorePro
  • 10x5 Homebox, 540m³ Filter, 270m³ exhaust fan (swiss made silent box with low pressure drop, i am wondering myself that this works^^)
  • Serious Kush (Serious Seeds) 72 plants one genotyp. Third run with this genetic. One cannot speak of selection. 6 seeds, 3 germinated, one cripple and one discarded because of mold. But my mistake with the germination rate, I do not blame the breeder for this.
    The SK#4 has stayed and is used at the moment for testing, result last time on Coco was very good with it.
  • DIY irrigation, Netafim, high pressure pump (Still not satisfied with the setup, details will follow)
  • Fertilizers and additives only professionals and salts, calculation with excel (again details will follow)

Currently we are in week 5 (Exactly day 36 today). Plants do not look so nice, as the title already implies. That's why it took a little longer with the report, had to change a few things first.

two days ago
View attachment 1333125
View attachment 1333124

.. removed all sick leaves (and once again realized that my tent is missing doors in the back 😠 )
View attachment 1333126

Now
View attachment 1333122
View attachment 1333123

Back story (brief):
On the mother plants I had already tested the same mixture, which now led to problems.
The aim was only to adjust the pH with citric acid. For this purpose, the addition of glucose was tested, since previous tests indicated that this keeps the pH with the citric acid stable longer (tests conducted in open tank with circulation pump).
Mother plants were watered with a nutrient solution that was more than 14 days old and the cubes of the clones were also watered with it afterwards, which did not lead to any problems.
In the water lines, however, this fluctuating pH, which occurred with this mixture, leads to problems I think. There is always some nutrient solution in the line, where the pH can not be adjusted.
In addition, the nutrient solution was also visually and from the smell in the reservoir not as in the test before. To put it simply, it looked and smelled like sh**..

To go back a little further: I'm currently testing (or try it^^) many things from manicbotanix.com.
Theoretically, many things probably make sense there, but some I would see in the meantime also skeptical or have not looked at them critically enough when reading and so far and thought too little.
(Who is new here and does not know manics at all should perhaps read in Moe's thread, there is already a bit of it and from me
https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/fogponics-as-good-or-better-than-hydro.142273/post-2850580).
So, long story short: With the acid and the glucose I have definitely promoted any MOs that I probably do not want to have.

A week ago then cleaned pump and res, flushed lines and back 2 basics with the nutrient solution.

Thrown out (so you get an overview): Citric, salicylic and ascorbic acid, amino/peptide fertilizer and mono aminos, kelp additive, chitosan and glucose.

1. Tank60 only with mineral nutrians, BioPak and BTI (tablet dissolved and filtered with coffee filter)
  4. reservoir with the pump. Is currently filled from tank90(T9), after a week virtually no sediment and as clear as on the first day. BTI (as above) was also added here a few days ago, does not cause any problems with Fulvic, Tween20 and BioPak
Today the new solution in T9 was additionally made with magnesium citrate. First test whether citrates are compatible or whether I need other fertilizer to get my sulfur levels down.

View attachment 1333127

@N1ghtL1ght you can have a look at the video here. For @Moe.Red possibly also quite interesting. It is about the sense of carbon fertilization.
Had already said about to the article by Ferandez that this could be different with C3 plants than with the corn to which he referred.
Quite interesting in depth as it also says something about the reduction of nitrate and SO4 in the plant and how that competes with CO2.
I will now test here in any case piece by piece, how the aminos and other things behave exactly in the tank. The BioPak itself does not seem to cause any problems or does what it should.

View attachment 1333129

I will now add Mg citrate to T6 and rinse a few pots with the pressure pump sprayer. Don't like a drain pH of around 7.
This is and im sure will get even more interesting.

good stuff man

Observationist

Observationist

As an introduction:
    • 4x 50w SANlight
    • 48x 13/13,5w CorePro

two days ago
View attachment 1333125
View attachment 1333124

View attachment 1333126

Now
View attachment 1333122
View attachment 1333123

Back story (brief):

View attachment 1333127

View attachment 1333129

Gorgeous sog.

Dr.Dutch

Dr.Dutch

Welcome everyone, the names I already know all, nice to see you.
Thanks for the kind words and I will try to keep this as informative as possible. But currently I have to learn a lot myself.
Constantly feels like I have no idea what I'm actually doing here, but somehow I think I'm getting somewhere here 😉

It's definitely time for an update now, should actually become more regular, but I got lost in work here again. Must definitely work on my time management.

First, the link to the product that is currently being tested. Some already know this, but for the sake of completeness it must not be missing.
Currently, it is mainly tested how this composition of bennis behaves in the tank with different organic additives.
BP02
BP01

BP03

The last point also looks like it is more specific directly for the tank than other products.
However, this is only a guess and I will repeat these tests with other products as well.

Some more info from manics regarding citrate and other chelators. To have some theoretical info.
Currently, some tests with citrate were running as announced. More about this in a moment.
Manics Citrat

In the last sentence you can already see what you found more often on manics: Growth of beneficial bacteria and fungi in the tank should not be a problem.
With my product, however, I see this somewhat critically: as long as I don't know which MOs I'm promoting exactly and what these MOs are then doing in the NL, I would actually rather avoid a bloom of microorganisms in my tank.

About chelates this snippet
Well, in the middle it sounds again like you don't have to worry about MOs on Coco-DtW
Manics Conclusion Chelating

So far, my research in the scientific literature could not confirm his statements either.
(But two important things are said here: It is a very complicated science and one should be careful, I can confirm that by now 😉 )
To the citrate (and probably other chelates) I found on Dr.Fernadez page recently also the hint that these increase the pH when taken up. Logical, since as a negatively charged molecule it can bind with positives.
After Bugbee's paper, I have changed the calculation of cations to anions in the calculator to mol (Credit to KushMuss at this point - but now I have found a small error 😙)
There is already the next question, how I would have to include the citrates there and how this then affects exactly the pH curve of the substrate.

Back to the Mos:
This study is quite interesting, because in the end it establishes the position that I have also taken so far in my search

3.2. Bacterial Consortia​

For the most part, PGPB have been studied as single isolates functioning under laboratory conditions. However, in nature, plant roots are surrounded by a multiplicity of bacteria, and in these root microbiomes bacteria act in a concerted manner to influence plant growth and development [53,55,88,89]. In a limited number of instances to date, scientists have been able to combine several individual PGPB which act as a small PGPB consortium that can promote plant growth and development. While there are many literature reports elaborating the many different bacteria found in the microbiomes of various plants under different conditions [53] at present scientists have little understanding of how to artificially construct functional and effective bacterial consortia that are stable and are optimized to promote plant growth.
Last sentence of the study
Going forward, a focus on designing robust, repeatable experiments will ensure the best PGPB are identified to help feed the growing human population.

So, to bring the theory to an end here is the summary of the amino/peptides that I had already posted at Moe's.
Also still belongs to the chelates and just ran also in the tests.

The complete record of the last two weeks. The whole thing just for the overview, I hardly can see anything there myself. No one has to try to understand this now 😉
IMG 20230301 203911  01

I just noticed a few things while looking through it myself today and must sort that for myself also once properly, therefore I will take it apart.
First the tests from the first post.
Log 01

First marked column is the test with BioPak only. Stable for a total of 10 days.
The right column is the comparison with BTI in the bucket, which also looked identical all the time.
The second column in the middle is the test with Fulvic and Tween20.
PH also very stable here. It was only adjusted by me, which can be seen by the arrows at the jumps.

With the next mixture with the citrate, I should actually have noticed something earlier.
Log 02

Solution was made on the 20th at 13.30h with a pH of 5.7.
Within 24h the pH rose the first time to 6.3 and was corrected to 5.3.
~12h later again an increase to 6.4.

Here the log with ascorbic acid in yellow and aminos in blue.
Left column the peptide/amino acid fertilizer and right in the bucket only with glutamine and glycine.
All with citrate. In review, at least it looks like they all behave the same.
Log 03

For the records. I will repeat the tests here without citrate. Mixtures didn't look good after two days, but I see the citrate as the reason for this.

Solution left colume
Ex BPTest2 1 APP 02
Ex BPTest2 1 APP 01

IMG 20230223 154851

In the middle 100ppm ascorbic acid was used, strong deposits on the pump
IMG 20230224 202534

right
Ex BPTest2 2 Gly Glu 02
Ex BPTest2 2 Gly Glu 01

With the two acids, the mix looked no worse than my last citrate test mix which i emptied yesterday.
Tank without aminos on the pics
IMG 20230301 204057   Kopie

IMG 20230301 204431   Kopie

And the bucket

I don't know if the first test with citrate resulted in less deposition or if I just wasn't paying attention, but I think I already found a mistake there.
And my original assumption that the MOs can feed on citrates is probably also confirmed.

So, the dates in between can be ignored (26th to 28th), I made a little mix-up with my new bottles, the potassium water glass and my acid. Simply to honor the thread title^^

Then yesterday, T9 was made again with only Fulvic and Tween. Of this, 10l was filled into the bucket and only glycine was added to 40ppm.
Let's see if this works now 🙂

Solv full

N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
@N1ghtL1ght you can have a look at the video here
Heys Dutch, glad to have finally found here in, too - must've missed that tag. I'm currently on it, what exactly do you wish to talk in depth (the vid is over 2h long....)?

There's 3 elements (Sulfur, Calcium and Silicium) that can be applied with relatively safety (as a plant physiological overdose of these 3 is usually out of the equation given a *reasonable* dosage) but their effect through ion-rivalry can either push back an unwanted high element (for example, sulfur fertilization in heavy-metal ridden outlands did show plants accumulated less toxics) or it still does this but then causes a deficiency of a micro (even macro, like Ca suppressing Mg)

And my original assumption that the MOs can feed on citrates is probably also confirmed.
Absolutely - they love it. Now what I wonder - since citrate is advertised as being "the organic ph downer" what happens to that carbon source if you just pour over a rootball that consists of up to 30% of living MO... we as grower can observe some of the results and go by trial and error but the finer details that are oblivious to the eye remain usually speculative. I guess we'd need a study, or better multiple ones, e.g. to register pH swings or MO development for this. I don't trust many product article sheets on this.

Dr.Dutch

Dr.Dutch

Nice to see you bro 🙂
Have you watched the video yet? I started it a second time yesterday, with subtitles, pen and notepad.
In case you haven't seen it yet: The important stuff starts at minute 7 and you can watch everything up to the user questions. I got up to minute 35 yesterday.
Carbon cycle in c3 plants, Calvin Bensen cylce, connection of carbonic anhydrase and rubisco, in addition electron transport chain, how ATP and something else (note is missing^^) is connected with light, how it is then all connected with the reduction of CO2 in the plant.
All the info from the video should also be interesting for you.
The uptake (soil solution->roots) is not the point.
Competition between CO2, NO3, SO3 and SO4, which are all reduced by rubisco, is the major thing. It's only about what happens in the plant.
As I said, I have to watch it completely myself at least a second time. Then we can talk about it in more detail 🙃

Absolutely - they love it.
Not all of them. Found a bit more theoretical info
B. pumilus did test positive for DNase. It does not hydrolyze starch or urea. It doesn't hydrolyze tryptophan either, and it cannot reduce sulfur. However, B. pumilus is motile. It cannot utilize citrate as a source of carbon, and it does not reduce nitrate. B. pumilus also does not produce arginine, lysine, or ornithine decarboxylase, nor does it produce phenylalanine deaminase.
src https://microbewiki.kenyon.edu/inde...and,with endospores and peritrichous flagella.

Cannot utilize citrate. And it cannot break down three amino acids either - something good for now 😉
To b. sub. you can find on the source from you very much info. It says there citrate positive - just not sure right now if that says it's utilizing it or if it's producing it or something else. Doesn't fit somehow with Biochemical Characteristics and the other things there (have to research again)

At the moment, I am not very concerned about the effects on the roots. I still have the ColonizeAG for that, which is inoculated once.
There is actually enough data on it that you can assume a positive effect on the rhizosphere i would say. You know we have already discussed this in more detail elsewhere 😉
Now I have to find out which things are compatible in the tank, what can be added to the res from time to time and what I can only feed by hand.

N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
In case you haven't seen it yet: The important stuff starts at minute 7 and you can watch everything up to the user questions. I got up to minute 35 yesterday.
Carbon cycle in c3 plants, Calvin Bensen cylce, connection of carbonic anhydrase and rubisco, in addition electron transport chain, how ATP and something else (note is missing^^) is connected with light, how it is then all connected with the reduction of CO2 in the plant.
All the info from the video should also be interesting for you.
The uptake (soil solution->roots) is not the point.
Competition between CO2, NO3, SO3 and SO4, which are all reduced by rubisco, is the major thing. It's only about what happens in the plant.
As I said, I have to watch it completely myself at least a second time. Then we can talk about it in more detail 🙃
These topics I know by heart, photobiology is what I study in my freetime. I have literally dozens of college grade books about this, and also review older classical stuff.
I find books or studies way better as they are quicker, and have controllable resources. With videos you don't know if the 2 hours are well spent in advance. Ok, I'm gonna start watching it later this evening.
Why is this relevant to the discussion in your opinion? Is there anything Cannabis crucially does different as other C3 or does it have altered chloroplasts/genetics, ie. altered Z-schematic or light-harvesting antennas?
Most plants are grown with way less PPFD than Cannabis and still these are able to divert excitons from the antennas for nitrate- and sulfur reduction. Cannabis shouldn't have a problem here. As long as light is plenty, plants are usually in a state of having an abundancy of photosynthates at large and can even waste them in e.g. in root exudates.

Not all of them
There will be one that can. At least, that's the case in my tank when I use citric. I cannot name the strain, but the biofilm is most likely from a MO.

Dr.Dutch

Dr.Dutch

I'm not that deep into the topic yet, but that was enough to know that this should actually fall into your area of expertise.
Already very deep in inorganic chemistry, but organic chemistry and microbiology are much more extensive. But that doesn't help me so much in judging the video.
As far as I can tell, the guy knows what he's talking about. But you should be able to judge that much better.
And as far as I understand it, the connection between rubisco and nitrate/nitrite reduction could be a fairly new finding. I would have liked more information about this, too, but with the videos of the Future Cannabis Project I assume that they do not spread "bro-science".
I didn't get to watch it yet, I will do it today or tomorrow. Will write you then possibly more detailed in German something about it on DM (even if my English would be perfect: German is I think better to talk precisely 😉).
Why is this relevant to the discussion in your opinion? Is there anything Cannabis crucially does different as other C3 or does it have altered chloroplasts/genetics, ie. altered Z-schematic or light-harvesting antennas?
Most plants are grown with way less PPFD than Cannabis and still these are able to divert excitons from the antennas for nitrate- and sulfur reduction. Cannabis shouldn't have a problem here. As long as light is plenty, plants are usually in a state of having an abundancy of photosynthates at large and can even waste them in e.g. in root exudates.
We end up back there with amino acids and manics.
This would be another explanation why giving nitrogen and at the same time carbon in this form makes sense, and if this is correct with the rubisco, it would provide even more explanation. Glycine test has been running for a few days by the way and looks good so far. For the next update I have collected almost enough data now. Maybe not so bad after all not to update every day.

There will be one that can. At least, that's the case in my tank when I use citric. I cannot name the strain, but the biofilm is most likely from a MO.
Yes, I'm moving forward. Through your source I was finally able to find something with which google gives me the results I want.
Biochemical character is the magic word 🙂

Yesterday already started with a table. Again a little pain in the ass, because one side (just like manics) is in a format where you can't mark/copy the text. So I have to work with a text scanner on my smartphone. Enough work for the weekend..
Mos

But in skimming, most amino acids are negative. Glycine and glutamine do not appear at all in the tests. No idea what that means exactly.
It's all very good info to be able to predict possible results of my tests. But in the end, I think I'm doing well with the method of testing it under real conditions.
I wouldn't call it trial and error anymore - but up to the shity res in any case 😌
Two more pumps arrived a few days ago, three buckets have been running since then. Bothered me since the creation of the threat that there was only bucket. Detailed info will come later - stay tuned 😉

N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
BTW when using citric in a solution that rermains sterile no such biofilm appears, so it's used in some bottled fertilizer brands as chelator as well instead of the normal EDTA

Dr.Dutch

Dr.Dutch

So, the table does what it is supposed to do. The question with the citrate was also clarified, the addition at b.sub. and b.amy. makes this clear. I think this also explains the problems that you often read about in the forums when it comes to hydro and citrate. Will probably depend on the amount of citrate and especially what bacteria you have in the environment. We do not reach sterile, I do not need to explain that to you, I think. 😉
Glucose first. There, as I actually suspected, all are positive. Offers itself as food for all in any case.
B. amy is not in the tank at the moment, but for comparison it is included in the pictures.
And the Paenibacillus azotofixans is completly missing. Can't find any information on this..

BC Citrat

With citrate, I only promote part of the mos. And yes, utilizes citrat as a source of carbon
BC Citrat111

But my original observations and assumptions are confirmed by the information so far.

Amino acids are predominantly negative, but by no means all are listed here.
BC Aminos

And they are all capable of breaking down larger peptides/proteins
BC proteins

And here's something else very interesting that I've noticed with the Tween20 in testing the last few days as well.
Directly to the T20 there are no data available, but you can see in any case that the possibility exists, that polysorbates can be generally hydrolyzed by the bacteria.
BC Tween

sources:1.www.tgw1916.net;2.microbewiki.kenyon.edu;3.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1226845315000962;4.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bacillus_subtilis;
+, positive; −, negative; w, weak reaction; v, variable reaction; +/-, conflicting data

ColAGColAGColAGColAG
BioPakBioPakBioPakBioPakBioPak
B. amylolyquefaciensB. licheniformisB. megateriumB. pumilusB. subtilisPaenib. polymyxa
sort1assortmentsrc1src2MO2processclasspresubstanceSpalte1Spalte2Spalte3Spalte4Spalte5Spalte6
1Rows2B. licheniformisPHPHPHrange min5,7
2Rows2B. licheniformisPHPHPHrange max6,8
3Rows2B. licheniformisMethyl Red test-
4Rows2B. licheniformisVoges-Proskauer test-
5Rows2B. licheniformisCitrate-
6Rows2B. licheniformisSulfur reduction-
7Rows2B. licheniformisproduction ofIndole-
8Rows2B. licheniformisMotile+
9Rows2B. licheniformisfurther than nitriteNitrate reduction+
10Rows2B. licheniformisOxidase test+
11Rows2B. licheniformisHemolytic activity+
12Rows2B. licheniformisenzymeDeaminase+
13Rows2B. licheniformisenzymeCatalase+
14Rows2B. licheniformisfermentationmonosaccharideGlucose+
15Rows2B. licheniformisfermentationdisaccharideSucrose+
16Rows2B. licheniformisfermentationdisaccharideLactose+
17Rows2B. licheniformisfermentationmonosaccharideMannitol+
18Rows2B. licheniformishydrolysispolysaccharideStarchw
19Rows2B. licheniformishydrolysisproteinsCasein+
20Rows2B. licheniformishydrolysisproteinsGelatin+
21Rows2B. licheniformishydrolysisDNA+
22Rows2B. licheniformishydrolysisLipids+
23Rows2B. licheniformishydrolysisUrea+
24Rows1Pae. polymyxaPHPHPHrange opti?5,7
25Rows1Pae. polymyxaPHPHPHrange opti?5,7
26Rows3Pae. polymyxapolysorbateTween 20
27Rows3Pae. polymyxapolysorbateTween 40
28Rows3Pae. polymyxapolysorbateTween 60
29Rows3Pae. polymyxapolysorbateTween 80+
30Rows3Pae. polymyxaRibitolAdonitol-
31Rows3Pae. polymyxaGlycosideAmygdalin-
32Rows3Pae. polymyxamonosaccharideL–Arabinose+
33Rows3Pae. polymyxasugar alcoholD–Arabitol-
34Rows3Pae. polymyxaGlycosideArbutin+
35Rows3Pae. polymyxadisaccharideD–Cellobiose-
36Rows3Pae. polymyxacarbohydrateD-Dextrin+
37Rows3Pae. polymyxacarbohydrateD–Fucose+
38Rows3Pae. polymyxacarbohydrateL–Fucose-
39Rows3Pae. polymyxamonosaccharideD–Galactose+
40Rows3Pae. polymyxasugar acidD–Galacturonic acid+
41Rows3Pae. polymyxadisaccharideGentiobiose+
42Rows3Pae. polymyxamonosaccharideα–D–Glucose+
43Rows3Pae. polymyxadisaccharideD–Melibiose-
44Rows3Pae. polymyxapolysaccharideGlycogen+
45Rows3Pae. polymyxaamino acidL–Serine-
46Rows3Pae. polymyxadisaccharideα–D–Lactose-
47Rows3Pae. polymyxacarbohydrateLactulose+
48Rows3Pae. polymyxasugar alcoholMaltitol-
49Rows3Pae. polymyxadisaccharideMaltose+
50Rows3Pae. polymyxatrisaccharideMaltotriose+
51Rows3Pae. polymyxamonosaccharideD–Mannose+
52Rows3Pae. polymyxatrisaccharideD–Melezitose+
53Rows3Pae. polymyxaglycosideSalicin-
54Rows3Pae. polymyxatetrasaccharideStachyose+
55Rows3Pae. polymyxadisaccharideSucrose+
56Rows3Pae. polymyxadisaccharideD–Trehalose+
57Rows3Pae. polymyxadisaccharideTuranose-
58Rows3Pae. polymyxasugar alcoholXylitol+
59Rows3Pae. polymyxasugar alcoholD–Xylitol-
60Rows3Pae. polymyxaFumaric acid-
61Rows3Pae. polymyxaamino acidL-Proline-
62Rows3Pae. polymyxaAdenosineAdenosine-
63Rows3Pae. polymyxaketone derivative of glutaric acidα–Keto–glutaric acid+
64Rows3Pae. polymyxacarbohydrateβ–Methyl–D–glucoside+
65Rows3Pae. polymyxadisaccharidePalatinose+
66Rows3Pae. polymyxaepimer of fructoseD–Psicose-
67Rows3Pae. polymyxatrisaccharideD–Raffinose+
68Rows3Pae. polymyxaSuccinic acid-
69Rows3Pae. polymyxaThiostreptonAlaninamide+
70Rows3Pae. polymyxaamino acidL-Alanine+
71Rows3Pae. polymyxaamino acidL-Alanyl–glycine-
72Rows3Pae. polymyxaamino acidL-Asparagine+
73Rows3Pae. polymyxaamino acidL-Aspartic acid-
74Rows3Pae. polymyxaamino acidL-Glutamic acid-
75Rows3Pae. polymyxaamino acidL-Ornithine-
76Rows3Pae. polymyxaamino acidL-Phenylalanine-
77Rows1Pae. polymyxaenzymeCatalase+
78Rows1Pae. polymyxahydrolysisAesculinEsculin+
79Rows1Pae. polymyxahydrolysispolysaccharideCellulosew
80Rows1Pae. polymyxahydrolysispolysaccharideStarch+
81Rows1Pae. polymyxaliquefactionproteinsGelatin+
82Rows1Pae. polymyxadecompositionproteinsCasein+
83Rows1Pae. polymyxareduction to nitriteNitrate reduction+
84Rows1Pae. polymyxaVoges-Proskauer test+
85Rows1Pae. polymyxaacid production frommonosaccharideArabinose+
86Rows1Pae. polymyxaacid production frommonosaccharideMannitol+
87Rows1Pae. polymyxaacid production frommonosaccharide(with gas)Glucose+
88Rows1Pae. polymyxaacid production fromtrihydric alcoholGlycerol+
89Rows1Pae. polymyxaacid production frompolysaccharideXylan+
90Rows1Pae. polymyxaacid production frommonosaccharideXylose+
91Rows2Pae. polymyxautilization as a source of carbonCitrate-
92Rows3Pae. polymyxaproduction ofIndole-
93Rows4Pae. polymyxahydrolysisUrea-
94Rows5Pae. polymyxaOxidase-
95Rows6Pae. polymyxadegradationTyrosine-
96Rows1B. subtilisPHPHPHrange min5,5
97Rows1B. subtilisPHPHPHrange max8,5
98Rows1B. subtilisenzymeBeta-galactosidase+
99Rows1B. subtilisenzymeCatalase+
100Rows1B. subtilishydrolysisAesculinEsculin+
101Rows1B. subtilishydrolysispolysaccharideStarch+
102Rows1B. subtilisVoges-Proskauer test+
103Rows4B. subtilishydrolysispolysorbateTween 20
104Rows4B. subtilishydrolysispolysorbateTween 40+
105Rows4B. subtilishydrolysispolysorbateTween 60+
106Rows4B. subtilishydrolysispolysorbateTween 80+
107Rows1B. subtilisutilization as a source of carbonCitrate+
108Rows1B. subtilisdecompositionproteinsCasein+
109Rows1B. subtilisacid production frommonosaccharideGlucose+
110Rows1B. subtilisacid production frommonosaccharideMannose+
111Rows1B. subtilisacid production fromtrihydric alcoholGlycerol+
112Rows1B. subtilisacid production frompolysaccharideGlycogen+
113Rows1B. subtilisacid production fromglycosideSalicin+
114Rows1B. subtilisacid production frommonosaccharideD-Xylose+
115Rows1B. subtilisacid production fromGlycosideArbutin+
116Rows1B. subtilisacid production fromdisaccharideCellobiose+
117Rows1B. subtilisacid production frommonosaccharideFructose+
118Rows1B. subtilisacid production fromdisaccharideBeta-gentibiose+
119Rows1B. subtilisacid production fromcarbohydrateMeso-inositol+
120Rows1B. subtilisacid production fromdisaccharideMaltose+
121Rows1B. subtilisacid production fromtrisaccharideraffinose+
122Rows1B. subtilisacid production frommonosaccharideRibose+
123Rows1B. subtilisacid production fromsugar alcoholSorbitol+
124Rows1B. subtilisacid production fromdisaccharideSucrose+
125Rows1B. subtilisacid production fromdisaccharidetrehalose+
126Rows1B. subtilisacid production frommonosaccharideMannitol+
127Rows1B. subtilishydrolysisHippurate-
128Rows1B. subtilisdihydrolaseamino acidArginine-
129Rows1B. subtilisdegradationamino acidTyrosine-
130Rows1B. subtilisdeaminationamino acidphenylalanine-
131Rows1B. subtilisdecarboxylaseamino acidLysine-
132Rows1B. subtilisdecarboxylaseamino acidOrnithine-
133Rows1B. subtilisacid production fromRibitolAdonitol-
134Rows1B. subtilisacid production frommonosaccharideD-Arabinose-
135Rows1B. subtilisacid production fromsugar alcoholD-Arabitol-
136Rows1B. subtilisacid production fromsugar alcoholL-Arabitol-
137Rows1B. subtilisacid production fromsugar alcoholDulcitol-
138Rows1B. subtilisacid production fromsugar alcoholErythritol-
139Rows1B. subtilisacid production fromcarbohydrateD-Fucose-
140Rows1B. subtilisacid production fromcarbohydrateL-Fucose-
141Rows1B. subtilisacid production fromGluconic acidGluconate-
142Rows1B. subtilisacid production from2-Ketogluconate-
143Rows1B. subtilisacid production from5-Ketogluconate-
144Rows1B. subtilisacid production frommonosaccharideLyxose-
145Rows1B. subtilisacid production fromtrisaccharideMelezitose-
146Rows1B. subtilisacid production fromdeoxy sugarRhamnose-
147Rows1B. subtilisacid production frommonosaccharidesSorbose-
148Rows1B. subtilisacid production fromsugar alcoholXylitol-
149Rows1B. subtilisacid production frommonosaccharideL-Xylose-
150Rows1B. subtilisOxidase testv
151Rows1B. subtilisacid production fromdisaccharideLactosev
152Rows1B. subtilisacid production fromInulinv
153Rows1B. subtilisacid production frommonosaccharideGalactosev
154Rows1B. pumilusPHPHPHrange min5,7
155Rows1B. pumilusPHPHPHrange max9,5
156Rows1B. pumilusenzymeBeta-galactosidase+
157Rows1B. pumilusVoges-Proskauer test+
158Rows1B. pumilusutilizationCitrate+
159Rows1B. pumilushydrolysisAesculinEsculin+
160Rows1B. pumilushydrolysisproteinsGelatin+
161Rows1B. pumilushydrolysisproteinsCasein+
162Rows1B. pumilusacid production fromamide derivative of glucoseN-acetyl-D-glucosamine+
163Rows1B. pumilusacid production frommonosaccharideL-Arabinose+
164Rows1B. pumilusacid production fromGlycosideAmygdalin+
165Rows1B. pumilusacid production fromGlycosideArbutin+
166Rows1B. pumilusacid production fromdisaccharideD-Cellobiose+
167Rows1B. pumilusacid production frommonosaccharideD-Fructose+
168Rows1B. pumilusacid production frommonosaccharideGalactose+
169Rows1B. pumilusacid production frommonosaccharideGlucose+
170Rows1B. pumilusacid production fromtrihydric alcoholGlycerol+
171Rows1B. pumilusacid production fromdisaccharideBeta-gentibiose+
172Rows1B. pumilusacid production frommonosaccharideD-Mannose+
173Rows1B. pumilusacid production fromtrisaccharideD-raffinose+
174Rows1B. pumilusacid production frommonosaccharideRibose+
175Rows1B. pumilusacid production fromdisaccharideSucrose+
176Rows1B. pumilusacid production fromglycosideSalicin+
177Rows1B. pumilusacid production fromdisaccharidetrehalose+
178Rows1B. pumilusacid production frommonosaccharideD-Xylose+
179Rows1B. pumilusreduction to nitriteNitrate reduction-
180Rows1B. pumilushydrolysispolysaccharideStarch-
181Rows1B. pumilusproduction ofIndole-
182Rows1B. pumilushydrolysisHippurate-
183Rows1B. pumilusdihydrolaseamino acidArginine-
184Rows1B. pumilusdecarboxylaseamino acidLysine-
185Rows1B. pumilusdecarboxylaseamino acidOrnithine-
186Rows1B. pumilusdeaminaseamino acidTryptophan-
187Rows1B. pumilusEgg yolk reaction-
188Rows1B. pumilusdeaminatedamino acidPhenylalanine-
189Rows1B. pumilusdegradationamino acidTyrosine-
190Rows1B. pumilusacid production frommonosaccharideD-Arabinose-
191Rows1B. pumilusacid production fromRibitolAdonitol-
192Rows1B. pumilusacid production fromsugar alcoholD/L-Arabitol-
193Rows1B. pumilusacid production frompolysaccharideGlycogen-
194Rows1B. pumilusacid production fromMethyl beta-xyloside-
195Rows1B. pumilusacid production frompolysaccharideStarch-
196Rows1B. pumilusacid production fromsugar alcoholDulcitol-
197Rows1B. pumilusacid production fromsugar alcoholErythritol-
198Rows1B. pumilusacid production fromcarbohydrateD/L-Fucose-
199Rows1B. pumilusacid production fromInulin-
200Rows1B. pumilusacid production from2/5-Ketogluconate-
201Rows1B. pumilusacid production fromGluconic acidGluconate-
202Rows1B. pumilusacid production frommonosaccharideLyxose-
203Rows1B. pumilusacid production fromtrisaccharideD-Melezitose-
204Rows1B. pumilusacid production fromdeoxy sugarRhamnose-
205Rows1B. pumilusacid production frommonosaccharidesSorbose-
206Rows1B. pumilusacid production fromsugar alcoholXylitol-
207Rows1B. pumilusacid production frommonosaccharideL-Xylose-
208Rows1B. pumilusOxidase testv
209Rows1B. pumilusacid production fromcarbohydrateMeso-inositolv
210Rows1B. pumilusacid production fromdisaccharideLactosev
211Rows1B. pumilusacid production fromdisaccharideMaltosev
212Rows1B. megateriumPHPHPHrange min5,7
213Rows1B. megateriumPHPHPHrange max7,0
214Rows1B. megateriumenzymeCatalase+
215Rows1B. megateriumhydrolysispolysaccharideStarch+
216Rows1B. megateriumutilizationCitrate+
217Rows1B. megateriumhydrolysisAesculinEsculin+
218Rows1B. megateriumenzymeBeta-galactosidase+
219Rows1B. megateriumdeaminationamino acidPhenylalanine+
220Rows1B. megateriumhydrolysisproteinsGelatin+
221Rows1B. megateriumhydrolysisproteinsCasein+
222Rows1B. megateriumacid production frommonosaccharideL-Arabinose+
223Rows1B. megateriumacid production fromamide derivative of glucoseN-acetyl-D-glucosamine+
224Rows1B. megateriumacid production fromGlycosideAmygdalin+
225Rows1B. megateriumacid production fromGlycosideArbutin+
226Rows1B. megateriumacid production fromdisaccharideD-Cellobiose+
227Rows1B. megateriumacid production frommonosaccharideD-Fructose+
228Rows1B. megateriumacid production frommonosaccharideGalactose+
229Rows1B. megateriumacid production fromdisaccharideBeta-gentibiose+
230Rows1B. megateriumacid production fromcarbohydrateMeso-inositol+
231Rows1B. megateriumacid production fromInulin+
232Rows1B. megateriumacid production fromdisaccharideLactose+
233Rows1B. megateriumacid production frompolysaccharideGlycogen+
234Rows1B. megateriumacid production frommonosaccharideGlucose+
235Rows1B. megateriumacid production fromtrihydric alcoholGlycerol+
236Rows1B. megateriumacid production fromdisaccharideMaltose+
237Rows1B. megateriumacid production frommonosaccharideD-Mannitol+
238Rows1B. megateriumacid production fromdisaccharideD-Melibiose+
239Rows1B. megateriumacid production fromtrisaccharideD-raffinose+
240Rows1B. megateriumacid production frommonosaccharideRibose+
241Rows1B. megateriumacid production fromglycosideSalicin+
242Rows1B. megateriumacid production frompolysaccharideStarch+
243Rows1B. megateriumacid production fromdisaccharideSucrose+
244Rows1B. megateriumacid production fromdisaccharidetrehalose+
245Rows1B. megateriumacid production frommonosaccharideD-Xylose+
246Rows1B. megateriumVoges-Proskauer test-
247Rows1B. megateriumproduction ofIndole-
248Rows1B. megateriumdihydrolaseamino acidArginine-
249Rows1B. megateriumdecarboxylaseamino acidLysine-
250Rows1B. megateriumdecarboxylaseamino acidOrnithine-
251Rows1B. megateriumdeaminaseamino acidTryptophan-
252Rows1B. megateriumhydrolysisurea-
253Rows1B. megateriumEgg yolk reaction-
254Rows1B. megateriumacid production fromMethyl beta-xyloside-
255Rows1B. megateriumacid production frommonosaccharideD-Arabinose-
256Rows1B. megateriumacid production fromRibitolAdonitol-
257Rows1B. megateriumacid production fromsugar alcoholL-Arabitol-
258Rows1B. megateriumacid production fromsugar alcoholDulcitol-
259Rows1B. megateriumacid production fromsugar alcoholErythritol-
260Rows1B. megateriumacid production fromcarbohydrateD/L-Fucose-
261Rows1B. megateriumacid production from2/5-Ketogluconate-
262Rows1B. megateriumacid production frommonosaccharideLyxose-
263Rows1B. megateriumacid production frommonosaccharideD-Mannose-
264Rows1B. megateriumacid production fromdeoxy sugarRhamnose-
265Rows1B. megateriumacid production frommonosaccharidesSorbose-
266Rows1B. megateriumOxidase testv
267Rows1B. megateriumdegradationamino acidTyrosinev
268Rows1B. megateriumNitrate reductionv
269Rows1B. megateriumacid production fromsugar alcoholD-Arabitolv
270Rows1B. megateriumacid production fromGluconic acidGluconatev
271Rows1B. megateriumacid production fromtrisaccharideD-Melezitosev
272Rows1B. megateriumacid production fromsugar alcoholSorbitolv
273Rows1B. megateriumacid production fromsugar alcoholXylitolv
274Rows1B. licheniformisPHPHPHrange min5,5
275Rows1B. licheniformisPHPHPHrange max8,5
276Rows1B. licheniformisdihydrolaseamino acidArginine+
277Rows1B. licheniformishydrolysisAesculinEsculin+
278Rows1B. licheniformisenzymeBeta-galactosidase+
279Rows1B. licheniformisEgg yolk reaction+
280Rows1B. licheniformisdeaminatedamino acidPhenylalanine+
281Rows1B. licheniformisdegradationamino acidTyrosine+
282Rows1B. licheniformisacid production fromGlycosideAmygdalin
283Rows1B. licheniformisacid production fromGlycosideArbutin+
284Rows1B. licheniformisacid production fromdisaccharideD-Cellobiose+
285Rows1B. licheniformisacid production frommonosaccharideD-Fructose+
286Rows1B. licheniformisacid production frommonosaccharideGalactose+
287Rows1B. licheniformisacid production fromdisaccharideBeta-gentibiose+
288Rows1B. licheniformisacid production fromtrihydric alcoholGlycerol+
289Rows1B. licheniformisacid production fromglycosideSalicin+
290Rows1B. licheniformisacid production frompolysaccharideStarch+
291Rows1B. licheniformisacid production fromamide derivative of glucoseN-acetyl-D-glucosamine+
292Rows1B. licheniformisacid production frompolysaccharideGlycogen+
293Rows1B. licheniformisacid production fromdisaccharideLactose+
294Rows1B. licheniformisacid production frommonosaccharideD-Mannose+
295Rows1B. licheniformisacid production fromdisaccharideMaltose+
296Rows1B. licheniformisacid production frommonosaccharideRibose+
297Rows1B. licheniformisacid production fromsugar alcoholSorbitol+
298Rows1B. licheniformisacid production fromdisaccharideSucrose+
299Rows1B. licheniformisacid production fromdisaccharidetrehalose+
300Rows1B. licheniformisdecarboxylaseamino acidLysine-
301Rows1B. licheniformisdecarboxylaseamino acidOrnithine-
302Rows1B. licheniformisdeaminaseamino acidTryptophan-
303Rows1B. licheniformishydrolysisurea-
304Rows1B. licheniformisacid production fromcarbohydrateD/L-Fucose-
305Rows1B. licheniformisacid production fromMethyl beta-xyloside-
306Rows1B. licheniformisacid production frommonosaccharideD-Arabinose-
307Rows1B. licheniformisacid production fromsugar alcoholD/L-Arabitol-
308Rows1B. licheniformisacid production fromRibitolAdonitol-
309Rows1B. licheniformisacid production fromsugar alcoholDulcitol-
310Rows1B. licheniformisacid production fromsugar alcoholErythritol-
311Rows1B. licheniformisacid production fromGluconic acidGluconate-
312Rows1B. licheniformisacid production from2/5-Ketogluconate-
313Rows1B. licheniformisacid production frommonosaccharideLyxose-
314Rows1B. licheniformisacid production fromtrisaccharideD-Melezitose-
315Rows1B. licheniformisacid production frommonosaccharidesSorbose-
316Rows1B. licheniformisacid production fromsugar alcoholXylitol-
317Rows1B. licheniformisacid production frommonosaccharideL-Xylose-
318Rows1B. licheniformisacid production fromOxidase testv
319Rows1B. licheniformisacid production fromcarbohydrateMeso-inositolv
320Rows1B. licheniformisacid production fromInulinv
321Rows1B. licheniformisacid production fromdisaccharideD-Melibiosev
322Rows1B. licheniformisacid production fromtrisaccharideD-raffinosev
323Rows1B. licheniformisacid production fromdeoxy sugarRhamnosev
324Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensPHPHPHrange optimum7
325Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensPHPHPHrange optimum7
326Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensenzymeCatalase+
327Rows1B. amylolyquefacienshydrolysisproteinsCasein+
328Rows1B. amylolyquefacienshydrolysisAesculinEsculin+
329Rows1B. amylolyquefacienshydrolysisproteinsGelatin+
330Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensNitrate reduction+
331Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensOxidase test+
332Rows1B. amylolyquefacienshydrolysispolysaccharideStarch+
333Rows1B. amylolyquefacienshydrolysispolysorbateTween 40+
334Rows1B. amylolyquefacienshydrolysispolysorbateTween 60+
335Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensVoges-Proskauer test+
336Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensacid production fromGlycosideAmygdalin+
337Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensacid production fromGlycosideArbutin+
338Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensacid production fromAesculinAesculin+
339Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensacid production fromdisaccharideCellobiose+
340Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensacid production frommonosaccharideFructose+
341Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensacid production frommonosaccharideGalactose+
342Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensacid production frommonosaccharideD-Glucose+
343Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensacid production fromtrihydric alcoholGlycerol+
344Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensacid production frompolysaccharideGlycogen+
345Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensacid production fromdisaccharideBeta-gentibiose+
346Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensacid production fromcarbohydrateMeso-inositol+
347Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensacid production fromInulin+
348Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensacid production frommonosaccharideD-Mannitol+
349Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensacid production fromdisaccharideMaltose+
350Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensacid production fromtrisaccharideRaffinose+
351Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensacid production frommonosaccharideRibose+
352Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensacid production fromglycosideSalicin+
353Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensacid production frompolysaccharideStarch+
354Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensacid production fromsugar alcoholSorbitol+
355Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensacid production fromdisaccharideSucrose+
356Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensacid production frommonosaccharideD-Xylose+
357Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensdihydrolaseamino acidArginine-
357Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensEgg yolk reaction-
358Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensproduction ofIndole-
359Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensdecarboxylaseamino acidLysine-
359Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensdecarboxylaseamino acidOrnithine-
360Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensdeaminationamino acidPhenylalanine-
360Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensdeaminaseamino acidTryptophan-
361Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensdegradationamino acidTyrosine-
362Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensacid production fromRibitolAdonitol-
363Rows1B. amylolyquefacienshydrolysisurea-
364Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensacid production frommonosaccharideD-Arabinose-
365Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensacid production fromsugar alcoholD-Arabitol-
366Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensacid production fromsugar alcoholL-Arabitol-
367Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensacid production fromsugar alcoholDulcitol-
368Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensacid production fromsugar alcoholErythritol-
369Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensacid production fromcarbohydrateD-Fucose-
370Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensacid production fromcarbohydrateL-Fucose-
371Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensacid production from2-Ketogluconate-
372Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensacid production frommonosaccharideLyxose-
373Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensacid production from5-Ketogluconate-
374Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensacid production fromtrisaccharideMelezitose-
375Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensacid production fromdeoxy sugarRhamnose-
376Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensacid production fromsugar alcoholXylitol-
377Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensacid production frommonosaccharideL-Xylose-
378Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensacid production fromMethyl beta-xyloside-
379Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensacid production frommonosaccharidesSorbose-
380Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensutilizationCitratew
381Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensenzymeBeta-galactosidasew
382Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensH2S productionw
383Rows1B. amylolyquefacienshydrolysispolysorbateTween 20w
384Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensacid production frommonosaccharideL-Arabinosew
385Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensacid production fromamide derivative of glucoseN-acetyl-D-glucosaminew
386Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensacid production fromdisaccharideLactosew
387Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensacid production fromdisaccharideMelibiosew
388Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensacid production fromdisaccharideTrehalosew
389Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensacid production frommonosaccharideD-Xylosew
I also noticed again why I quite liked the BioPak/ColAG so much: The bacteria used there can also be found in all kinds of other hydro products. The composition does not seem to be basically wrong.
Ov

A little eye candy.
Plants look pretty good, I think. Since the flushing action (there were still tens of liters distributed through the irrigation system, pump sprayer is of course unsuitable for real flushing^^) no new deficiency problems have appeared or worsened

So, before the written disappears again (don't know right now how long this is saved) I will finish the data later. Actually, I sat yesterday already on it, but not finished and now I can of course already gather new data again.

Last edited:
N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
Nice write up Dutch 👍

Well, there's a few listed that are essential to all lifeforms as these are part of the DNA. So they may use another process to use these, e.g.:
Bacillus megaterium grows in a medium containing L-tryptophan as the sole carbon, nitrogen, and energy source. Kynurenine, anthranilic acid, and catechol are metabolic intermediates, suggesting that this organism used the anthranilic acid pathway for tryptophan degradation.

Dr.Dutch

Dr.Dutch

Thank you 🙂

Yes, at the lower level, I have also reached the point of understanding the connection between amino acids, DNA, and single-celled organisms such as bacteria. But I still have to dive deeper into the exact biochemistry, for that your link is saved for later.
As long as it doesn't say negative, I'll assume for now that it could be possible. For the P. fluorescens
[.... wait for it ... just reading it properly ...]
Ok, I was going to post just the table, but the text above is just as interesting. Positive for quite a few amino acids, but negative for tryptophan and glycine below in the table also not positive, but two times d (would say this means differently results)

Pseud

And P. putida. The first sentence is already very interesting, more than 80 usable carbon sources....
I have not counted exactly, but almost all amino acids seem to be listed (ok, glutamine is missing).
Almost all of them at the positive results, but there is also one negative and one variable with threonine and serine respectively.
At first glance, it looks as if this can vary greatly depending on the strain and that no amino acid can be utilized by every bacterium.

Puti

So, the data and anything else will then have to wait until tomorrow, it's time to call it a night 😌

Last edited:
B

BeakerBombs

So, the table does what it is supposed to do. The question with the citrate was also clarified, the addition at b.sub. and b.amy. makes this clear. I think this also explains the problems that you often read about in the forums when it comes to hydro and citrate. Will probably depend on the amount of citrate and especially what bacteria you have in the environment. We do not reach sterile, I do not need to explain that to you, I think. 😉
Glucose first. There, as I actually suspected, all are positive. Offers itself as food for all in any case.
B. amy is not in the tank at the moment, but for comparison it is included in the pictures.
And the Paenibacillus azotofixans is completly missing. Can't find any information on this..

View attachment 1339494

With citrate, I only promote part of the mos. And yes, utilizes citrat as a source of carbon
View attachment 1339495
But my original observations and assumptions are confirmed by the information so far.

View attachment 1339493

And they are all capable of breaking down larger peptides/proteins
View attachment 1339496

And here's something else very interesting that I've noticed with the Tween20 in testing the last few days as well.
Directly to the T20 there are no data available, but you can see in any case that the possibility exists, that polysorbates can be generally hydrolyzed by the bacteria.
View attachment 1339497

sources:1.www.tgw1916.net;2.microbewiki.kenyon.edu;3.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1226845315000962;4.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bacillus_subtilis;
+, positive; −, negative; w, weak reaction; v, variable reaction; +/-, conflicting data

ColAGColAGColAGColAG
BioPakBioPakBioPakBioPakBioPak
B. amylolyquefaciensB. licheniformisB. megateriumB. pumilusB. subtilisPaenib. polymyxa
sort1assortmentsrc1src2MO2processclasspresubstanceSpalte1Spalte2Spalte3Spalte4Spalte5Spalte6
1Rows2B. licheniformisPHPHPHrange min5,7
2Rows2B. licheniformisPHPHPHrange max6,8
3Rows2B. licheniformisMethyl Red test-
4Rows2B. licheniformisVoges-Proskauer test-
5Rows2B. licheniformisCitrate-
6Rows2B. licheniformisSulfur reduction-
7Rows2B. licheniformisproduction ofIndole-
8Rows2B. licheniformisMotile+
9Rows2B. licheniformisfurther than nitriteNitrate reduction+
10Rows2B. licheniformisOxidase test+
11Rows2B. licheniformisHemolytic activity+
12Rows2B. licheniformisenzymeDeaminase+
13Rows2B. licheniformisenzymeCatalase+
14Rows2B. licheniformisfermentationmonosaccharideGlucose+
15Rows2B. licheniformisfermentationdisaccharideSucrose+
16Rows2B. licheniformisfermentationdisaccharideLactose+
17Rows2B. licheniformisfermentationmonosaccharideMannitol+
18Rows2B. licheniformishydrolysispolysaccharideStarchw
19Rows2B. licheniformishydrolysisproteinsCasein+
20Rows2B. licheniformishydrolysisproteinsGelatin+
21Rows2B. licheniformishydrolysisDNA+
22Rows2B. licheniformishydrolysisLipids+
23Rows2B. licheniformishydrolysisUrea+
24Rows1Pae. polymyxaPHPHPHrange opti?5,7
25Rows1Pae. polymyxaPHPHPHrange opti?5,7
26Rows3Pae. polymyxapolysorbateTween 20
27Rows3Pae. polymyxapolysorbateTween 40
28Rows3Pae. polymyxapolysorbateTween 60
29Rows3Pae. polymyxapolysorbateTween 80+
30Rows3Pae. polymyxaRibitolAdonitol-
31Rows3Pae. polymyxaGlycosideAmygdalin-
32Rows3Pae. polymyxamonosaccharideL–Arabinose+
33Rows3Pae. polymyxasugar alcoholD–Arabitol-
34Rows3Pae. polymyxaGlycosideArbutin+
35Rows3Pae. polymyxadisaccharideD–Cellobiose-
36Rows3Pae. polymyxacarbohydrateD-Dextrin+
37Rows3Pae. polymyxacarbohydrateD–Fucose+
38Rows3Pae. polymyxacarbohydrateL–Fucose-
39Rows3Pae. polymyxamonosaccharideD–Galactose+
40Rows3Pae. polymyxasugar acidD–Galacturonic acid+
41Rows3Pae. polymyxadisaccharideGentiobiose+
42Rows3Pae. polymyxamonosaccharideα–D–Glucose+
43Rows3Pae. polymyxadisaccharideD–Melibiose-
44Rows3Pae. polymyxapolysaccharideGlycogen+
45Rows3Pae. polymyxaamino acidL–Serine-
46Rows3Pae. polymyxadisaccharideα–D–Lactose-
47Rows3Pae. polymyxacarbohydrateLactulose+
48Rows3Pae. polymyxasugar alcoholMaltitol-
49Rows3Pae. polymyxadisaccharideMaltose+
50Rows3Pae. polymyxatrisaccharideMaltotriose+
51Rows3Pae. polymyxamonosaccharideD–Mannose+
52Rows3Pae. polymyxatrisaccharideD–Melezitose+
53Rows3Pae. polymyxaglycosideSalicin-
54Rows3Pae. polymyxatetrasaccharideStachyose+
55Rows3Pae. polymyxadisaccharideSucrose+
56Rows3Pae. polymyxadisaccharideD–Trehalose+
57Rows3Pae. polymyxadisaccharideTuranose-
58Rows3Pae. polymyxasugar alcoholXylitol+
59Rows3Pae. polymyxasugar alcoholD–Xylitol-
60Rows3Pae. polymyxaFumaric acid-
61Rows3Pae. polymyxaamino acidL-Proline-
62Rows3Pae. polymyxaAdenosineAdenosine-
63Rows3Pae. polymyxaketone derivative of glutaric acidα–Keto–glutaric acid+
64Rows3Pae. polymyxacarbohydrateβ–Methyl–D–glucoside+
65Rows3Pae. polymyxadisaccharidePalatinose+
66Rows3Pae. polymyxaepimer of fructoseD–Psicose-
67Rows3Pae. polymyxatrisaccharideD–Raffinose+
68Rows3Pae. polymyxaSuccinic acid-
69Rows3Pae. polymyxaThiostreptonAlaninamide+
70Rows3Pae. polymyxaamino acidL-Alanine+
71Rows3Pae. polymyxaamino acidL-Alanyl–glycine-
72Rows3Pae. polymyxaamino acidL-Asparagine+
73Rows3Pae. polymyxaamino acidL-Aspartic acid-
74Rows3Pae. polymyxaamino acidL-Glutamic acid-
75Rows3Pae. polymyxaamino acidL-Ornithine-
76Rows3Pae. polymyxaamino acidL-Phenylalanine-
77Rows1Pae. polymyxaenzymeCatalase+
78Rows1Pae. polymyxahydrolysisAesculinEsculin+
79Rows1Pae. polymyxahydrolysispolysaccharideCellulosew
80Rows1Pae. polymyxahydrolysispolysaccharideStarch+
81Rows1Pae. polymyxaliquefactionproteinsGelatin+
82Rows1Pae. polymyxadecompositionproteinsCasein+
83Rows1Pae. polymyxareduction to nitriteNitrate reduction+
84Rows1Pae. polymyxaVoges-Proskauer test+
85Rows1Pae. polymyxaacid production frommonosaccharideArabinose+
86Rows1Pae. polymyxaacid production frommonosaccharideMannitol+
87Rows1Pae. polymyxaacid production frommonosaccharide(with gas)Glucose+
88Rows1Pae. polymyxaacid production fromtrihydric alcoholGlycerol+
89Rows1Pae. polymyxaacid production frompolysaccharideXylan+
90Rows1Pae. polymyxaacid production frommonosaccharideXylose+
91Rows2Pae. polymyxautilization as a source of carbonCitrate-
92Rows3Pae. polymyxaproduction ofIndole-
93Rows4Pae. polymyxahydrolysisUrea-
94Rows5Pae. polymyxaOxidase-
95Rows6Pae. polymyxadegradationTyrosine-
96Rows1B. subtilisPHPHPHrange min5,5
97Rows1B. subtilisPHPHPHrange max8,5
98Rows1B. subtilisenzymeBeta-galactosidase+
99Rows1B. subtilisenzymeCatalase+
100Rows1B. subtilishydrolysisAesculinEsculin+
101Rows1B. subtilishydrolysispolysaccharideStarch+
102Rows1B. subtilisVoges-Proskauer test+
103Rows4B. subtilishydrolysispolysorbateTween 20
104Rows4B. subtilishydrolysispolysorbateTween 40+
105Rows4B. subtilishydrolysispolysorbateTween 60+
106Rows4B. subtilishydrolysispolysorbateTween 80+
107Rows1B. subtilisutilization as a source of carbonCitrate+
108Rows1B. subtilisdecompositionproteinsCasein+
109Rows1B. subtilisacid production frommonosaccharideGlucose+
110Rows1B. subtilisacid production frommonosaccharideMannose+
111Rows1B. subtilisacid production fromtrihydric alcoholGlycerol+
112Rows1B. subtilisacid production frompolysaccharideGlycogen+
113Rows1B. subtilisacid production fromglycosideSalicin+
114Rows1B. subtilisacid production frommonosaccharideD-Xylose+
115Rows1B. subtilisacid production fromGlycosideArbutin+
116Rows1B. subtilisacid production fromdisaccharideCellobiose+
117Rows1B. subtilisacid production frommonosaccharideFructose+
118Rows1B. subtilisacid production fromdisaccharideBeta-gentibiose+
119Rows1B. subtilisacid production fromcarbohydrateMeso-inositol+
120Rows1B. subtilisacid production fromdisaccharideMaltose+
121Rows1B. subtilisacid production fromtrisaccharideraffinose+
122Rows1B. subtilisacid production frommonosaccharideRibose+
123Rows1B. subtilisacid production fromsugar alcoholSorbitol+
124Rows1B. subtilisacid production fromdisaccharideSucrose+
125Rows1B. subtilisacid production fromdisaccharidetrehalose+
126Rows1B. subtilisacid production frommonosaccharideMannitol+
127Rows1B. subtilishydrolysisHippurate-
128Rows1B. subtilisdihydrolaseamino acidArginine-
129Rows1B. subtilisdegradationamino acidTyrosine-
130Rows1B. subtilisdeaminationamino acidphenylalanine-
131Rows1B. subtilisdecarboxylaseamino acidLysine-
132Rows1B. subtilisdecarboxylaseamino acidOrnithine-
133Rows1B. subtilisacid production fromRibitolAdonitol-
134Rows1B. subtilisacid production frommonosaccharideD-Arabinose-
135Rows1B. subtilisacid production fromsugar alcoholD-Arabitol-
136Rows1B. subtilisacid production fromsugar alcoholL-Arabitol-
137Rows1B. subtilisacid production fromsugar alcoholDulcitol-
138Rows1B. subtilisacid production fromsugar alcoholErythritol-
139Rows1B. subtilisacid production fromcarbohydrateD-Fucose-
140Rows1B. subtilisacid production fromcarbohydrateL-Fucose-
141Rows1B. subtilisacid production fromGluconic acidGluconate-
142Rows1B. subtilisacid production from2-Ketogluconate-
143Rows1B. subtilisacid production from5-Ketogluconate-
144Rows1B. subtilisacid production frommonosaccharideLyxose-
145Rows1B. subtilisacid production fromtrisaccharideMelezitose-
146Rows1B. subtilisacid production fromdeoxy sugarRhamnose-
147Rows1B. subtilisacid production frommonosaccharidesSorbose-
148Rows1B. subtilisacid production fromsugar alcoholXylitol-
149Rows1B. subtilisacid production frommonosaccharideL-Xylose-
150Rows1B. subtilisOxidase testv
151Rows1B. subtilisacid production fromdisaccharideLactosev
152Rows1B. subtilisacid production fromInulinv
153Rows1B. subtilisacid production frommonosaccharideGalactosev
154Rows1B. pumilusPHPHPHrange min5,7
155Rows1B. pumilusPHPHPHrange max9,5
156Rows1B. pumilusenzymeBeta-galactosidase+
157Rows1B. pumilusVoges-Proskauer test+
158Rows1B. pumilusutilizationCitrate+
159Rows1B. pumilushydrolysisAesculinEsculin+
160Rows1B. pumilushydrolysisproteinsGelatin+
161Rows1B. pumilushydrolysisproteinsCasein+
162Rows1B. pumilusacid production fromamide derivative of glucoseN-acetyl-D-glucosamine+
163Rows1B. pumilusacid production frommonosaccharideL-Arabinose+
164Rows1B. pumilusacid production fromGlycosideAmygdalin+
165Rows1B. pumilusacid production fromGlycosideArbutin+
166Rows1B. pumilusacid production fromdisaccharideD-Cellobiose+
167Rows1B. pumilusacid production frommonosaccharideD-Fructose+
168Rows1B. pumilusacid production frommonosaccharideGalactose+
169Rows1B. pumilusacid production frommonosaccharideGlucose+
170Rows1B. pumilusacid production fromtrihydric alcoholGlycerol+
171Rows1B. pumilusacid production fromdisaccharideBeta-gentibiose+
172Rows1B. pumilusacid production frommonosaccharideD-Mannose+
173Rows1B. pumilusacid production fromtrisaccharideD-raffinose+
174Rows1B. pumilusacid production frommonosaccharideRibose+
175Rows1B. pumilusacid production fromdisaccharideSucrose+
176Rows1B. pumilusacid production fromglycosideSalicin+
177Rows1B. pumilusacid production fromdisaccharidetrehalose+
178Rows1B. pumilusacid production frommonosaccharideD-Xylose+
179Rows1B. pumilusreduction to nitriteNitrate reduction-
180Rows1B. pumilushydrolysispolysaccharideStarch-
181Rows1B. pumilusproduction ofIndole-
182Rows1B. pumilushydrolysisHippurate-
183Rows1B. pumilusdihydrolaseamino acidArginine-
184Rows1B. pumilusdecarboxylaseamino acidLysine-
185Rows1B. pumilusdecarboxylaseamino acidOrnithine-
186Rows1B. pumilusdeaminaseamino acidTryptophan-
187Rows1B. pumilusEgg yolk reaction-
188Rows1B. pumilusdeaminatedamino acidPhenylalanine-
189Rows1B. pumilusdegradationamino acidTyrosine-
190Rows1B. pumilusacid production frommonosaccharideD-Arabinose-
191Rows1B. pumilusacid production fromRibitolAdonitol-
192Rows1B. pumilusacid production fromsugar alcoholD/L-Arabitol-
193Rows1B. pumilusacid production frompolysaccharideGlycogen-
194Rows1B. pumilusacid production fromMethyl beta-xyloside-
195Rows1B. pumilusacid production frompolysaccharideStarch-
196Rows1B. pumilusacid production fromsugar alcoholDulcitol-
197Rows1B. pumilusacid production fromsugar alcoholErythritol-
198Rows1B. pumilusacid production fromcarbohydrateD/L-Fucose-
199Rows1B. pumilusacid production fromInulin-
200Rows1B. pumilusacid production from2/5-Ketogluconate-
201Rows1B. pumilusacid production fromGluconic acidGluconate-
202Rows1B. pumilusacid production frommonosaccharideLyxose-
203Rows1B. pumilusacid production fromtrisaccharideD-Melezitose-
204Rows1B. pumilusacid production fromdeoxy sugarRhamnose-
205Rows1B. pumilusacid production frommonosaccharidesSorbose-
206Rows1B. pumilusacid production fromsugar alcoholXylitol-
207Rows1B. pumilusacid production frommonosaccharideL-Xylose-
208Rows1B. pumilusOxidase testv
209Rows1B. pumilusacid production fromcarbohydrateMeso-inositolv
210Rows1B. pumilusacid production fromdisaccharideLactosev
211Rows1B. pumilusacid production fromdisaccharideMaltosev
212Rows1B. megateriumPHPHPHrange min5,7
213Rows1B. megateriumPHPHPHrange max7,0
214Rows1B. megateriumenzymeCatalase+
215Rows1B. megateriumhydrolysispolysaccharideStarch+
216Rows1B. megateriumutilizationCitrate+
217Rows1B. megateriumhydrolysisAesculinEsculin+
218Rows1B. megateriumenzymeBeta-galactosidase+
219Rows1B. megateriumdeaminationamino acidPhenylalanine+
220Rows1B. megateriumhydrolysisproteinsGelatin+
221Rows1B. megateriumhydrolysisproteinsCasein+
222Rows1B. megateriumacid production frommonosaccharideL-Arabinose+
223Rows1B. megateriumacid production fromamide derivative of glucoseN-acetyl-D-glucosamine+
224Rows1B. megateriumacid production fromGlycosideAmygdalin+
225Rows1B. megateriumacid production fromGlycosideArbutin+
226Rows1B. megateriumacid production fromdisaccharideD-Cellobiose+
227Rows1B. megateriumacid production frommonosaccharideD-Fructose+
228Rows1B. megateriumacid production frommonosaccharideGalactose+
229Rows1B. megateriumacid production fromdisaccharideBeta-gentibiose+
230Rows1B. megateriumacid production fromcarbohydrateMeso-inositol+
231Rows1B. megateriumacid production fromInulin+
232Rows1B. megateriumacid production fromdisaccharideLactose+
233Rows1B. megateriumacid production frompolysaccharideGlycogen+
234Rows1B. megateriumacid production frommonosaccharideGlucose+
235Rows1B. megateriumacid production fromtrihydric alcoholGlycerol+
236Rows1B. megateriumacid production fromdisaccharideMaltose+
237Rows1B. megateriumacid production frommonosaccharideD-Mannitol+
238Rows1B. megateriumacid production fromdisaccharideD-Melibiose+
239Rows1B. megateriumacid production fromtrisaccharideD-raffinose+
240Rows1B. megateriumacid production frommonosaccharideRibose+
241Rows1B. megateriumacid production fromglycosideSalicin+
242Rows1B. megateriumacid production frompolysaccharideStarch+
243Rows1B. megateriumacid production fromdisaccharideSucrose+
244Rows1B. megateriumacid production fromdisaccharidetrehalose+
245Rows1B. megateriumacid production frommonosaccharideD-Xylose+
246Rows1B. megateriumVoges-Proskauer test-
247Rows1B. megateriumproduction ofIndole-
248Rows1B. megateriumdihydrolaseamino acidArginine-
249Rows1B. megateriumdecarboxylaseamino acidLysine-
250Rows1B. megateriumdecarboxylaseamino acidOrnithine-
251Rows1B. megateriumdeaminaseamino acidTryptophan-
252Rows1B. megateriumhydrolysisurea-
253Rows1B. megateriumEgg yolk reaction-
254Rows1B. megateriumacid production fromMethyl beta-xyloside-
255Rows1B. megateriumacid production frommonosaccharideD-Arabinose-
256Rows1B. megateriumacid production fromRibitolAdonitol-
257Rows1B. megateriumacid production fromsugar alcoholL-Arabitol-
258Rows1B. megateriumacid production fromsugar alcoholDulcitol-
259Rows1B. megateriumacid production fromsugar alcoholErythritol-
260Rows1B. megateriumacid production fromcarbohydrateD/L-Fucose-
261Rows1B. megateriumacid production from2/5-Ketogluconate-
262Rows1B. megateriumacid production frommonosaccharideLyxose-
263Rows1B. megateriumacid production frommonosaccharideD-Mannose-
264Rows1B. megateriumacid production fromdeoxy sugarRhamnose-
265Rows1B. megateriumacid production frommonosaccharidesSorbose-
266Rows1B. megateriumOxidase testv
267Rows1B. megateriumdegradationamino acidTyrosinev
268Rows1B. megateriumNitrate reductionv
269Rows1B. megateriumacid production fromsugar alcoholD-Arabitolv
270Rows1B. megateriumacid production fromGluconic acidGluconatev
271Rows1B. megateriumacid production fromtrisaccharideD-Melezitosev
272Rows1B. megateriumacid production fromsugar alcoholSorbitolv
273Rows1B. megateriumacid production fromsugar alcoholXylitolv
274Rows1B. licheniformisPHPHPHrange min5,5
275Rows1B. licheniformisPHPHPHrange max8,5
276Rows1B. licheniformisdihydrolaseamino acidArginine+
277Rows1B. licheniformishydrolysisAesculinEsculin+
278Rows1B. licheniformisenzymeBeta-galactosidase+
279Rows1B. licheniformisEgg yolk reaction+
280Rows1B. licheniformisdeaminatedamino acidPhenylalanine+
281Rows1B. licheniformisdegradationamino acidTyrosine+
282Rows1B. licheniformisacid production fromGlycosideAmygdalin
283Rows1B. licheniformisacid production fromGlycosideArbutin+
284Rows1B. licheniformisacid production fromdisaccharideD-Cellobiose+
285Rows1B. licheniformisacid production frommonosaccharideD-Fructose+
286Rows1B. licheniformisacid production frommonosaccharideGalactose+
287Rows1B. licheniformisacid production fromdisaccharideBeta-gentibiose+
288Rows1B. licheniformisacid production fromtrihydric alcoholGlycerol+
289Rows1B. licheniformisacid production fromglycosideSalicin+
290Rows1B. licheniformisacid production frompolysaccharideStarch+
291Rows1B. licheniformisacid production fromamide derivative of glucoseN-acetyl-D-glucosamine+
292Rows1B. licheniformisacid production frompolysaccharideGlycogen+
293Rows1B. licheniformisacid production fromdisaccharideLactose+
294Rows1B. licheniformisacid production frommonosaccharideD-Mannose+
295Rows1B. licheniformisacid production fromdisaccharideMaltose+
296Rows1B. licheniformisacid production frommonosaccharideRibose+
297Rows1B. licheniformisacid production fromsugar alcoholSorbitol+
298Rows1B. licheniformisacid production fromdisaccharideSucrose+
299Rows1B. licheniformisacid production fromdisaccharidetrehalose+
300Rows1B. licheniformisdecarboxylaseamino acidLysine-
301Rows1B. licheniformisdecarboxylaseamino acidOrnithine-
302Rows1B. licheniformisdeaminaseamino acidTryptophan-
303Rows1B. licheniformishydrolysisurea-
304Rows1B. licheniformisacid production fromcarbohydrateD/L-Fucose-
305Rows1B. licheniformisacid production fromMethyl beta-xyloside-
306Rows1B. licheniformisacid production frommonosaccharideD-Arabinose-
307Rows1B. licheniformisacid production fromsugar alcoholD/L-Arabitol-
308Rows1B. licheniformisacid production fromRibitolAdonitol-
309Rows1B. licheniformisacid production fromsugar alcoholDulcitol-
310Rows1B. licheniformisacid production fromsugar alcoholErythritol-
311Rows1B. licheniformisacid production fromGluconic acidGluconate-
312Rows1B. licheniformisacid production from2/5-Ketogluconate-
313Rows1B. licheniformisacid production frommonosaccharideLyxose-
314Rows1B. licheniformisacid production fromtrisaccharideD-Melezitose-
315Rows1B. licheniformisacid production frommonosaccharidesSorbose-
316Rows1B. licheniformisacid production fromsugar alcoholXylitol-
317Rows1B. licheniformisacid production frommonosaccharideL-Xylose-
318Rows1B. licheniformisacid production fromOxidase testv
319Rows1B. licheniformisacid production fromcarbohydrateMeso-inositolv
320Rows1B. licheniformisacid production fromInulinv
321Rows1B. licheniformisacid production fromdisaccharideD-Melibiosev
322Rows1B. licheniformisacid production fromtrisaccharideD-raffinosev
323Rows1B. licheniformisacid production fromdeoxy sugarRhamnosev
324Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensPHPHPHrange optimum7
325Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensPHPHPHrange optimum7
326Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensenzymeCatalase+
327Rows1B. amylolyquefacienshydrolysisproteinsCasein+
328Rows1B. amylolyquefacienshydrolysisAesculinEsculin+
329Rows1B. amylolyquefacienshydrolysisproteinsGelatin+
330Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensNitrate reduction+
331Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensOxidase test+
332Rows1B. amylolyquefacienshydrolysispolysaccharideStarch+
333Rows1B. amylolyquefacienshydrolysispolysorbateTween 40+
334Rows1B. amylolyquefacienshydrolysispolysorbateTween 60+
335Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensVoges-Proskauer test+
336Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensacid production fromGlycosideAmygdalin+
337Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensacid production fromGlycosideArbutin+
338Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensacid production fromAesculinAesculin+
339Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensacid production fromdisaccharideCellobiose+
340Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensacid production frommonosaccharideFructose+
341Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensacid production frommonosaccharideGalactose+
342Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensacid production frommonosaccharideD-Glucose+
343Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensacid production fromtrihydric alcoholGlycerol+
344Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensacid production frompolysaccharideGlycogen+
345Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensacid production fromdisaccharideBeta-gentibiose+
346Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensacid production fromcarbohydrateMeso-inositol+
347Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensacid production fromInulin+
348Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensacid production frommonosaccharideD-Mannitol+
349Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensacid production fromdisaccharideMaltose+
350Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensacid production fromtrisaccharideRaffinose+
351Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensacid production frommonosaccharideRibose+
352Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensacid production fromglycosideSalicin+
353Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensacid production frompolysaccharideStarch+
354Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensacid production fromsugar alcoholSorbitol+
355Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensacid production fromdisaccharideSucrose+
356Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensacid production frommonosaccharideD-Xylose+
357Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensdihydrolaseamino acidArginine-
357Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensEgg yolk reaction-
358Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensproduction ofIndole-
359Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensdecarboxylaseamino acidLysine-
359Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensdecarboxylaseamino acidOrnithine-
360Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensdeaminationamino acidPhenylalanine-
360Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensdeaminaseamino acidTryptophan-
361Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensdegradationamino acidTyrosine-
362Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensacid production fromRibitolAdonitol-
363Rows1B. amylolyquefacienshydrolysisurea-
364Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensacid production frommonosaccharideD-Arabinose-
365Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensacid production fromsugar alcoholD-Arabitol-
366Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensacid production fromsugar alcoholL-Arabitol-
367Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensacid production fromsugar alcoholDulcitol-
368Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensacid production fromsugar alcoholErythritol-
369Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensacid production fromcarbohydrateD-Fucose-
370Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensacid production fromcarbohydrateL-Fucose-
371Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensacid production from2-Ketogluconate-
372Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensacid production frommonosaccharideLyxose-
373Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensacid production from5-Ketogluconate-
374Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensacid production fromtrisaccharideMelezitose-
375Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensacid production fromdeoxy sugarRhamnose-
376Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensacid production fromsugar alcoholXylitol-
377Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensacid production frommonosaccharideL-Xylose-
378Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensacid production fromMethyl beta-xyloside-
379Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensacid production frommonosaccharidesSorbose-
380Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensutilizationCitratew
381Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensenzymeBeta-galactosidasew
382Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensH2S productionw
383Rows1B. amylolyquefacienshydrolysispolysorbateTween 20w
384Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensacid production frommonosaccharideL-Arabinosew
385Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensacid production fromamide derivative of glucoseN-acetyl-D-glucosaminew
386Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensacid production fromdisaccharideLactosew
387Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensacid production fromdisaccharideMelibiosew
388Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensacid production fromdisaccharideTrehalosew
389Rows1B. amylolyquefaciensacid production frommonosaccharideD-Xylosew
I also noticed again why I quite liked the BioPak/ColAG so much: The bacteria used there can also be found in all kinds of other hydro products. The composition does not seem to be basically wrong.
View attachment 1339701

A little eye candy.
Plants look pretty good, I think. Since the flushing action (there were still tens of liters distributed through the irrigation system, pump sprayer is of course unsuitable for real flushing^^) no new deficiency problems have appeared or worsened
View attachment 1339708

So, before the written disappears again (don't know right now how long this is saved) I will finish the data later. Actually, I sat yesterday already on it, but not finished and now I can of course already gather new data again.
Huhu Dutch,
I think the Plants in the Vid looking unhappy.

If you need help with ferts, you know you can ask me.

Wish you a good harvest.

Dr.Dutch

Dr.Dutch

@N1ghtL1ght Briefly about the video: Instead of watching it further without understanding I checked the topics.
Calvin cycle, sulfur reduction, nitrate reduction and a short video with the animation of the electron transport chain and production of ATP and NAD(P)H.
What I said about rubisco will probably refer to carbon dehydrase. I was watching for a few minutes yesterday, and he just mentioned that. But I can hardly find any info on plants, it's not mentioned in the linked Wiki articles either.
But when you look at the process of sulfate and nitrate reduction, you understand it better what he's talking about and how it is connected. Energy from photosynthesis is needed for everything.
Similar to the prokaryotic nitrate reduction mechanism, in eukaryotic nitrate reductase, an oxygen in nitrate binds to Mo in the (IV) oxidation state, displacing a hydroxide ion. Then the Mo d-orbital electrons flip over, creating a multiple bond between Mo(VI) and that oxygen, ejecting nitrite. The Mo(VI) double bond to oxygen is reduced by NAD(P)H passed through the intramolecular transport chain.[12]
Even though root plastids contain all sulfate reduction enzymes, sulfate reduction predominantly takes place in the leaf chloroplasts. The reduction of sulfate to sulfide occurs in three steps. Sulfate needs to be activated to adenosine 5'-phosphosulfate (APS) prior to its reduction to sulfite.

The activation of sulfate is catalyzed by ATP sulfurylase, which affinity for sulfate is rather low (Km approximately 1 mM) and the in situ sulfate concentration in the chloroplast is most likely one of the limiting/regulatory steps in sulfur reduction. Subsequently, APS is reduced to sulfite, catalyzed by APS reductase with likely glutathione as reductant.

The latter reaction is assumed to be one of the primary regulation points in the sulfate reduction, since the activity of APS reductase is the lowest of the enzymes of the sulfate reduction pathway and it has a fast turnover rate. Sulfite is with high affinity reduced by sulfite reductase to sulfide with ferredoxin as a reductant. The remaining sulfate in plant tissue is transferred into the vacuole. The remobilization and redistribution of the vacuolar sulfate reserves appear to be rather slow and sulfur-deficient plants may still contain detectable levels of sulfate.

Well, I still can't see anything that is incorrect about his statements so far.
The important thing in the video is probably also rather the statement that you can achieve the same and better results via carbon fertilization than via an increase in Co2 values.
Actually a question I've been asking myself all along on aminos, but never mentioned on manics: What happens to the C from the aminos? We actually all know that carbon is the main nutrient of plants.
@N1ghtL1ght I will read a little more about it and then watch the the remaining part of the video. With the carbon anhydrase you might have a term that you could research a bit or, if you already have something, give me something to read.

Let's move on to the update..
The overview again mainly for my records and see it as a proof of work 😉
IMG 20230313 001305  01  01   Kopie

After the experiments with citrate, I noticed that the nutrient solutions with fulvic and Tween20 only stood for a maximum of 48h (1st pic) and therefore another solution was made to observe it over a longer period of time. Made on the 2nd at 00:30, after a good 36h, on the 3rd at 15:30 changes were visible (2nd pic yellow + 1st video). The part in red (pic2) is a test with chitosan. The result indicates that it can promote beneficial bacteria, I would say. Very strong reaction after a short time (2nd video).
0 01
0 02

With the new pumps mentioned, the test was performed again with Tween20.
In the large tank a solution with Fulvic and BioPak was made, bucket1 as a control to see if the different strength of circulation has an influence (I asked myself the question already for a longer time).
In bucket2 additional 100ppm tween20 was added and in bucket3 as an additional experiment the same amount of T20 and 40ppm glycine.
With four setups you can really see a bit more.

1. Bucket and big tank behave the same (green). What I have seen so far is confirmed here as well: The pH increases by a few tenths within 24 hours. I also observed this with the water for rinsing, left a mixture of RO and tab water with some acid overnight for test purposes. Will probably be due to the existing carbonates
2. With Tween20, on the other hand, it drops a little bit more (yellow left).
3. Glycine counteracts this. Here, the pH first remains more stable, but then increases again after more than 48 hours.
Since there were optical changes in both buckets that corresponded to the result with Tween20 in the large tank, the mixtures were replaced. Here I did not see further tests as useful and so i needed the buckets for further testing.
4. The mixture with Fulvic is just as stable as only with Biopak, which I emptied after 10 days.
Made on the 5th and emptied yesterday evening after more than 120h. Optically perfectly. The Moes do not seem to be able to use humic and fulvic acid.
0 03

2nd part of the picture: Tween20 has been removed.

1. Green is a second test with glycine. The EC here increases inconspicuously within 24h (from 5.7 to 5.8 is not significant).
On the 10th, a sudden increase can be seen after more than 60 h, as it was also seen in the bucket. PH was then lowered to 5.5 and remained stable within an acceptable range.
What is particularly worth noting here is the increase of EC. 1265 to 1304 is not a measurement inaccuracy.
I would interpret the results to mean that certain bacteria from the BioPak are utilizing the glycine.
The time span is probably also of interest, this is also differentiated in one paper.
2. Blue left is additionally with glutamine (20ppm).
A normal increase in PH, one within 48h, probably triggered by the glutamine, and a third by the glycine within 72h.
3. Blue right is the same with additional amino/peptide fertilizer. There the effect is even stronger.
0 04

In the end, it can be seen that after a certain time there is no more change. The buckets are currently still standing and the last measurement looked just like this.
However, I would interpret the results exactly as above: Is probably all useful as feed for the MOs, but actually these substances should get to the plant.
The red box: Another small test with glycine and glucose. I don't know what can come out of it, but I'm currently curious about it.

Actually, I'm waiting now to get the buckets empty and put the red in T6. And then I want to take a look at how things behave without additional MOs.
Have already a few ideas, what I could try.
The mixtures with the aminos and also the peptide fertilizer all look good though, nothing I wouldn't put in the res.
Everything once together and in action two days ago.

@BeakerBombs Saw your message just writing the update. Happy to have you here 🙂
Yes, if they looked happy, the title here would be inappropriate. Were virtually tortured for four weeks and now they just have to take every test mix at least once 😀
We may should continue our circle from earlier. Would certainly still have one or the other question in the future 😉

(And now let's see if it works with three videos in one post. Sorry in advance if something does not fit, the preview does not work atm^^)
[edit] Well, the formatting does not work, but they are all visible. Will then stay like this^^

Last edited:
Dr.Dutch

Dr.Dutch

Hey folks, the latest harvest wasn't quite up to par, with over 50% of our yield falling victim to bud rot. @BeakerBombs, while I appreciate the positive vibes, I'm going to rely on your expert advice from our previous discussions 😉

As for the root cause, it's hard to say definitively. It could be due to poor plant health, dense growth conditions resulting from certain unknown substances produced by the PGBRs in my tank, or perhaps the genetic resistance wasn't as strong as initially thought, with the previous used products providing more protection than anticipated.

To turn things around, I plan on incorporating chitosan, harpin protein, and salicylic acid in the next run again. Last time we had a 94% success rate without any bud rot, and now we're at a disappointing 0%. Time to get back on track.

Following text from chatgpt, about chito. Knows all what was written on manics and if you want to know more you just have to ask
(Btw: i switched now from deepl as helper for my english to chatgpt. Way better to write it all in english, let the ai have a look at it and see how i could write it better)

(1) Here are some ways chitosan can be used for plants:
  1. Seed treatment: Chitosan can be used as a seed treatment to improve seed germination, seedling growth, and root development. It can also provide protection against fungal and bacterial diseases.
  2. Foliar spray: Chitosan can be applied as a foliar spray to plants to enhance their growth and development. It can also act as a natural defense mechanism against pests and diseases.
  3. Soil conditioner: Chitosan can improve the physical and chemical properties of soil, such as water retention, nutrient availability, and soil structure. This can result in increased crop yields and improved plant health.
  4. Biofertilizer: Chitosan can be used as a biofertilizer to enhance soil fertility and plant growth. It can also promote the growth of beneficial microorganisms in the soil.
  5. Post-harvest treatment: Chitosan can be applied to harvested crops to extend their shelf life by inhibiting the growth of fungi and bacteria.
It's important to note that the effectiveness of chitosan can vary depending on the plant species, the method of application, and the concentration used. It's recommended to conduct a small-scale trial before applying chitosan to a large area.

(2) Chitosan can be used in hydroponics. In fact, it is increasingly being used as a natural and organic alternative to synthetic fertilizers and pesticides in hydroponic systems.

When used in hydroponics, chitosan can improve plant growth and health by enhancing root development, increasing nutrient uptake, and promoting the growth of beneficial microorganisms in the growing medium. It can also act as a natural defense mechanism against pests and diseases, which is especially important in hydroponic systems where plants are grown in a confined environment.

Chitosan can be added to the hydroponic nutrient solution or applied as a foliar spray to the plants. The appropriate concentration of chitosan will depend on the specific needs of the plants and the growing conditions. It's important to note that chitosan may react with other chemicals in the nutrient solution, so it's recommended to test its compatibility with other additives before adding it to the hydroponic system.

Overall, chitosan is a versatile and sustainable option for hydroponic growers who are looking for a natural and effective way to enhance plant growth and health.

(3) Chitosan can potentially react with a range of chemicals, depending on the specific conditions and concentrations used. Here are some examples of chemicals that may interact with chitosan:

1. Acids: Chitosan is soluble in acidic solutions, so it may react with strong acids to form salts. This can affect the pH of the nutrient solution and potentially impact the availability of other nutrients.
  2. Alkalis: Chitosan is insoluble in alkaline solutions, so it may precipitate out of the solution when exposed to strong bases. This can reduce the effectiveness of the chitosan and potentially clog the hydroponic system.
  3. Metal ions: Chitosan can form complexes with certain metal ions, such as copper, iron, and zinc. These complexes may have antimicrobial properties and can potentially impact the availability of other nutrients in the solution.
  4. Surfactants: Chitosan may interact with surfactants or other additives in the nutrient solution, which can affect its solubility and stability.
  5. Other organic compounds: Chitosan may react with other organic compounds in the nutrient solution, such as humic and fulvic acids. These reactions can impact the effectiveness of the chitosan and potentially affect the nutrient availability for the plants.
It's important to note that the specific chemical interactions between chitosan and other compounds will depend on the specific conditions and concentrations used. It's recommended to conduct small-scale trials before adding chitosan to a large hydroponic system to determine its compatibility with other additives.

(3) 4. & 5. I think I see these points confirmed in my tests so far. Anyway, no problem at all that manics is offline. The AI is much better 🙂
I will use that only as foliar spray or with direct watering, but not in the res anymore.

@N1ghtL1ght Regarding the video. First, the info can't be that new, ChatGPT knows enough info about Rubisco and Carbon anhydrase as well. Coming right now, but before that the study here.
Short:
They knocked out carbon anhydrase using CRISPR and it had no effect on photosynthetic rate.
What he is talking about in the video is just a hyphothesis, which, if he had read the study, he would probably not be spreading.

The enzyme carbonic anhydrase (CA), which catalyzes the interconversion of bicarbonate with carbon dioxide (CO2) and water, has been hypothesized to play a role in C3 photosynthesis. We identified two tobacco stromal CAs, β-CA1 and β-CA5, and produced CRISPR/Cas9 mutants affecting their encoding genes. While single knockout lines Δβ-ca1 and Δβ-ca5 had no striking phenotypic differences compared to wild type (WT) plants, Δβ-ca1ca5 leaves developed abnormally and exhibited large necrotic lesions even when supplied with sucrose. Leaf development of Δβ-ca1ca5 plants normalized at 9,000 ppm CO2 Leaves of Δβ-ca1ca5 mutants and WT that had matured in high CO2 had identical CO2 fixation rates and photosystem II efficiency. Fatty acids, which are formed through reactions with bicarbonate substrates, exhibited abnormal profiles in the chloroplast CA-less mutant. Emerging Δβ-ca1ca5 leaves produce reactive oxygen species in chloroplasts, perhaps due to lower nonphotochemical quenching efficiency compared to WT. Δβ-ca1ca5 seedling germination and development is negatively affected at ambient CO2 Transgenes expressing full-length β-CA1 and β-CA5 proteins complemented the Δβ-ca1ca5 mutation but inactivated (ΔZn-βCA1) and cytoplasm-localized (Δ62-βCA1) forms of β-CA1 did not reverse the growth phenotype. Nevertheless, expression of the inactivated ΔZn-βCA1 protein was able to restore the hypersensitive response to tobacco mosaic virus, while Δβ-ca1 and Δβ-ca1ca5 plants failed to show a hypersensitive response. We conclude that stromal CA plays a role in plant development, likely through providing bicarbonate for biosynthetic reactions, but stromal CA is not needed for maximal rates of photosynthesis in the C3 plant tobacco.
src https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34380739/

But ChatGPT tells you with the knowledge from before 2022 also still this hyphotosis. But interesting info and as said: This thing is amazing 😊
But the youtube channel has lost its standing for me ..

Rubisco:

Ribulose-1,5-bisphosphate carboxylase-oxygenase (Rubisco) is a crucial enzyme in the process of photosynthesis. It is responsible for fixing carbon dioxide from the atmosphere into an organic molecule, which can then be used to produce glucose and other sugars. Rubisco is present in the chloroplasts of plant cells and in some bacteria.

The catalytic activity of Rubisco involves the addition of carbon dioxide to a five-carbon sugar called ribulose-1,5-bisphosphate (RuBP) to form an unstable six-carbon molecule that rapidly breaks down into two molecules of 3-phosphoglycerate (3-PGA). These molecules then go through a series of reactions in the Calvin cycle to ultimately produce glucose.

Rubisco is considered one of the most abundant enzymes on Earth and plays a critical role in maintaining the balance of atmospheric carbon dioxide, which is essential for regulating the Earth's climate.

Despite its importance, Rubisco has some limitations in its catalytic efficiency. One of the challenges it faces is distinguishing between carbon dioxide and oxygen, which can lead to the wasteful process of photorespiration, in which Rubisco uses oxygen instead of carbon dioxide, ultimately decreasing the overall efficiency of photosynthesis. Scientists are actively working on ways to improve the efficiency of Rubisco, which could have significant implications for crop yields and carbon sequestration.

Carbonic Anhydrase:

Carbonic anhydrase (CA) is an enzyme that plays a role in the reversible hydration of carbon dioxide (CO2) to bicarbonate (HCO3-) and protons (H+). This reaction is important in the transport of CO2 in the blood and also in the process of photosynthesis.

In plants, carbonic anhydrase is found in the chloroplasts and plays a role in providing the substrate for Rubisco during the process of carbon fixation. Carbonic anhydrase also helps to regulate the pH of the chloroplast stroma, which is essential for the efficient functioning of Rubisco.

In addition to its role in photosynthesis, carbonic anhydrase is also important in other biological processes, such as respiration, acid-base regulation, and bone formation. There are several isoforms of carbonic anhydrase, each with slightly different properties and tissue distributions.

Overall, both Rubisco and carbonic anhydrase are important enzymes in the process of photosynthesis, and understanding their function and regulation is essential for understanding plant biology and global carbon cycling.

Updates regarding the last tests will be provided the next days. Over the next few days, I will be tending to new cuttings, cleaning, and other essential tasks.

Admittedly, the results so far have been less than satisfactory. I'm beginning to suspect that some of the practices regarding the microorganisms in the tank may be more of a 'bro science' approach. To this end, I've conducted tests using Tween20 without the MOs, with ChatGPT sharing similar sentiments on its effectiveness. It's worth noting that Tween20, as previously mentioned by manics, also exhibits antipathogenic properties.

TWEEN 20, also known as Polysorbate 20, is a nonionic surfactant that is commonly used in hydroponic systems to help reduce the surface tension of the nutrient solution. However, TWEEN 20 can have other effects on hydroponic systems as well.

Some possible effects of adding TWEEN 20 to a hydroponic system include:

1. Improved nutrient uptake: TWEEN 20 can help to solubilize and disperse nutrients in the hydroponic solution, making them more available for uptake by plants.
  2. Increased root growth: TWEEN 20 can help to reduce the stickiness of the nutrient solution and prevent the formation of air pockets around the roots, which can help to promote healthy root growth.
  3. Enhanced disease resistance: TWEEN 20 has been shown to have antifungal and antibacterial properties, which may help to protect plants against common hydroponic pathogens.
  4. Reduced stress: TWEEN 20 can help to reduce stress on plants by improving nutrient uptake and root growth, which can lead to healthier, more resilient plants.
It's important to note that the effects of TWEEN 20 on hydroponic systems may vary depending on a number of factors, including the specific composition of the nutrient solution, the type of plant being grown, and the specific conditions of the hydroponic system. Careful monitoring and adjustment of the nutrient solution is always recommended to ensure optimal plant growth and health.
Which effects could occur with tween20 and fulvic acid?
The effects of combining TWEEN 20 and fulvic acid in a hydroponic system are not well studied and may depend on several factors, including the specific chemical composition of the nutrient solution, the concentration of TWEEN 20 and fulvic acid, and the type of plants being grown.

TWEEN 20 is a nonionic surfactant that can help to reduce surface tension and improve nutrient uptake in hydroponic systems, while fulvic acid is a complex mixture of organic compounds that can chelate nutrients and improve plant growth and nutrient uptake.

Possible effects of combining TWEEN 20 and fulvic acid in a hydroponic system might include:

1. Increased nutrient uptake: Both TWEEN 20 and fulvic acid can improve nutrient uptake in hydroponic systems, so combining the two may have a synergistic effect on nutrient availability and uptake.
  2. Improved plant growth: Fulvic acid has been shown to improve plant growth and development, and the addition of TWEEN 20 may help to enhance these effects by improving nutrient availability and uptake.
  3. Reduced stress: Both TWEEN 20 and fulvic acid have been shown to reduce stress in plants, so combining the two may help to promote healthy, resilient plants.
  4. Possible negative effects: However, it's also possible that combining TWEEN 20 and fulvic acid could have negative effects on the hydroponic system, such as destabilizing the nutrient solution or interfering with plant growth. Without further research, it's difficult to predict the specific effects of combining these two compounds in a hydroponic system.
Overall, it's important to carefully monitor the nutrient solution and plant growth when using TWEEN 20 and fulvic acid in combination to ensure optimal plant growth and health.

Dr.Dutch

Dr.Dutch

@N1ghtL1ght @BeakerBombs
In reference to mold, I would like to revisit the study that was previously discussed in the EU-Forum. At that time, I was not aware that Bacillus amyloliquefaciens had a good effect on mold, and unlike Trichoderma and Gliocladium, it does not form visible mycelium, spores or the like. I had previously searched for suitable products but only found ones that required a professional certification to purchase as you maybe remember. Recently, while searching for the product used in the study (Stargus), I stumbled upon a website that offers a wide variety of biofungicides (and other products that I think would be of interest to everyone in the EU) and also found Serenade, which is effective against Botrytis via foliar application.

Sere 01
Sere 02
Sere 03

Product description
Serenade® ASO is a biological product containing the soil bacterium Bacillus amyloliquefaciens QST 713. During the fermentation process, Bacillus amyloliquefaciens forms lipopeptide compounds that destroy the hyphae of plant pathogenic fungi. Serenade ASO shows its full potential when the lipopeptide compounds produced by Bacillus amyloliquefaciens have already been able to form a protective layer on the plant surface. This requires early application prior to fungal infection and good wetting of the target area with sufficient spray liquid. In addition to the fungicidal effect of Serenade® ASO, natural defense reactions of the plants are induced. However, the effects to be achieved by Serenade® ASO applications depend on a wide variety of environmental factors that cannot be predicted. Therefore, efficacy may not be achieved under certain circumstances.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator
(there's a mistake, don't know if it is QST710 or 713^^)
Sere4

Hydroguard may also be an option, but the exact genotype is unknown. Additionally, www.marknature.com offers Bacillus amyloliquefaciens and many other mono-MOs, which is also very interesting. I have sent inquiries to both manufacturers regarding the exact type of Bacillus amyloliquefaciens they offer.

Here is an excerpt from the study. A represents the control group, while C represents the buds with B. amy.. Below is the evaluation.
Amy1

An application of the MOs directly to the plant is likely to be much more effective than in the tank if I rely solely on information from the professional sector. I also wondered for some time in Bugbee's paper why he works only with refilling in a DWC system without any antipathogenic agents.

10. Root-Zone Microbial Activity and Disease.

Roots have beneficial microbial activity in the rhizosphere, even in hydroponics, but excessive carbon leakage into the bulk solution from unhealthy roots provides an energy source that can result in excessive microbial growth in the bulk solution. Hosseinzadeh et al. [99] and Razzak et al. [100] review approaches to remove organics from hydroponic solutions. These compounds (largely carboxylic acids) can be toxic to plants if they accumulate to elevated concentrations [99,100]. Healthy roots minimally leach nutrients into solution [101]. In our experience, increased turbidity usually indicates unhealthy roots with carbohydrate leakage. We have found that the solution in well-aerated DWC remains clear throughout the crop cycle (months) indicating low microbial activity in the bulk solution. Several water treatment technologies have been used to reduce disease. These include chlorination, hydrogen peroxide, filtration, and ozonation [102–105]. Some sanitizers can degrade chelates in solution [106]. Ultraviolet light has been used in recirculating systems to reduce microbial activity in solution and to help prevent disease [107], but UV photons break down chelates [108], and the chelates must be re-added. Acidic root zone conditions have also been shown to reduce disease persistence [109,110]. We have not found any of the above treatments necessary. Root-zone disease has been minimal in our systems, perhaps because the root surfaces are uniformly well aerated and the steady-state nutrient levels that come from the daily refill solution result in healthier roots.

src https://www.mdpi.com/2071-1050/14/16/10204

Last edited:
Dr.Dutch

Dr.Dutch

Ok folks, to wrap this up in a meaningful way, here will follow some info from GPT that I've been extracting for the last couple of days.
I see the hyphotheses of manics as disproved. An open system does not mean any difference in the use of PGPB, as the authors/author of the site always assumed by the previous theory about PGPMs. GPT is much smarter in this respect.
What GPT tells also completely coincides with my experiments.
In the first quote, the introduction to the important question.More the general stuff to be found there

We have a nutrient solution (EC 1.3 pH 5.9) with glycine at 50ppm. We use Citric Acid 5ml per day to lower the EC. We add PGPM to the tank (bacillus subtilis). What are the dangers of this combination? Explain the possible processes after 24h, 48h and 72h
The combination of a nutrient solution containing glycine and the addition of Citric Acid to lower the EC may lead to a decrease in pH, which can negatively impact the growth and activity of the added PGPM (bacillus subtilis). This is because some PGPM may have an optimal pH range for growth and activity, which may differ from the pH range of the nutrient solution.
Moreover, the presence of Citric Acid may chelate some of the metal ions in the solution, making them unavailable for the plants and microorganisms. This can reduce the overall nutrient availability and may limit the growth and activity of the added PGPM.
In terms of the possible processes after 24h, 48h, and 72h, several things may happen depending on the growth rate of the added PGPM and the response of the plant to the nutrient solution. If the added PGPM can adapt to the new pH range and utilize glycine and other nutrients in the solution, they may grow and proliferate, leading to a positive impact on plant growth and health. However, if the pH decrease is too abrupt and the PGPM cannot adapt to the new conditions, their growth and activity may be limited, and they may even die off.
Additionally, the chelation of metal ions by Citric Acid may limit the availability of nutrients to the plants and microorganisms, leading to nutrient deficiencies and decreased growth rates. Overall, it is important to monitor the pH and nutrient levels of the solution and the growth rate and activity of the added PGPM to ensure optimal plant growth and health.

Which negative effects could occur if organic compounds are used in excessive amounts? Could it lead to problems due to substances produced by the pgpms? Explain it in detail in a most scientific way
Excessive use of organic compounds in a nutrient solution can have negative effects on plant growth and overall health. This is because organic compounds can serve as a food source for pathogenic microorganisms, which can compete with beneficial PGPMs for nutrients and space. The proliferation of pathogenic microorganisms can lead to root rot, stunted growth, and even plant death.
In addition, the excessive use of organic compounds can lead to the production of harmful substances by PGPMs. For example, some PGPMs can produce indole acetic acid (IAA), a plant growth regulator that promotes root elongation and growth, in excessive amounts. While IAA can be beneficial in small quantities, excessive amounts can lead to abnormal root growth, poor plant development, and even plant death.
Furthermore, excessive organic compounds in the nutrient solution can also lead to the accumulation of harmful substances, such as organic acids, in the rhizosphere. These substances can lower the pH of the nutrient solution, which can lead to nutrient deficiencies and toxicity.
It is important to note that the potential negative effects of excessive organic compounds in a nutrient solution depend on the specific type and concentration of the compound, as well as the microbial community present in the solution. Therefore, it is important to carefully monitor and adjust the use of organic compounds in a nutrient solution, as well as maintain a healthy balance of beneficial PGPMs to mitigate any potential negative effects.

@N1ghtL1ght Thanks again for the study on the one bacillus, but you can't beat GPT for that now 😉
17 amino acids and three more for several bacillus strains and t. harz.
You can calculate how many studies I would have had to read to find all that out.
In short: All can use the amino acids, vitamin C and citric acid. Only salicylic acid looks different.

Bacillus subtilis, Bacillus pumilus, Bacillus amyloliquefaciens, Bacillus polymyxa, Bacillus thuringiensis, and Trichoderma harzianum are all microorganisms that are able to absorb and utilize free amino acids as a source of carbon and nitrogen.
These microorganisms have various mechanisms for the uptake of amino acids. One of the most common mechanisms is the use of amino acid transporters. These transporters are specialized membrane proteins that are able to recognize and bind specific amino acids, and then facilitate their uptake into the cell. Different transporters have different specificities for different amino acids. For example, B. subtilis has been shown to have multiple transporters for different amino acids, including a lysine-specific transporter and a histidine-specific transporter.
Once inside the cell, the amino acids are metabolized through various pathways depending on the specific microorganism. In general, the amino acids are deaminated by specific deaminases to produce the corresponding α-keto acids, which are then further metabolized to provide energy and biosynthetic precursors.
In B. subtilis, for example, amino acids are metabolized through the action of various amino acid dehydrogenases, which catalyze the deamination of the amino acids to produce the corresponding α-keto acids. These α-keto acids can then be further metabolized through the TCA cycle to generate energy and biosynthetic precursors. For example, the α-ketoglutarate produced from the deamination of glutamate can be oxidized to succinyl-CoA, generating NADH and FADH2, which are important electron donors for the electron transport chain.
In Bacillus species such as B. pumilus and B. amyloliquefaciens, the deamination of amino acids is also an important metabolic process. These microorganisms have been shown to possess various amino acid dehydrogenases that are able to catalyze the deamination of different amino acids to produce the corresponding α-keto acids. For example, B. pumilus has been shown to have a specific leucine dehydrogenase that is able to catalyze the deamination of leucine to produce α-ketoisocaproate.
In B. polymyxa, amino acids are also metabolized through various pathways to provide energy and biosynthetic precursors. For example, amino acids can be converted to α-keto acids by the action of amino acid dehydrogenases, and the resulting α-keto acids can then be further metabolized through the TCA cycle. In addition to serving as a source of carbon and nitrogen, amino acids can also be used as precursors for the biosynthesis of various molecules such as nucleotides, amino acids, and secondary metabolites.
In Trichoderma harzianum, amino acids can be absorbed through various transporters and then metabolized through various pathways. For example, the deamination of amino acids can be catalyzed by various amino acid dehydrogenases, leading to the production of α-keto acids that can be further metabolized to generate energy and biosynthetic precursors. Amino acids can also be used as precursors for the biosynthesis of various molecules such as nucleotides, amino acids, and secondary metabolites.
In conclusion, the microorganisms discussed here are all able to absorb and utilize free amino acids through various mechanisms and pathways. The deamination of amino acids and the subsequent metabolism of the resulting α-keto acids are important processes in these microorganisms, providing them with energy and biosynthetic precursors for growth and survival.
Citric acid (citrate) is a key intermediate in the central carbon metabolism of many microorganisms, including the bacterial species Bacillus subtilis, Bacillus amyloliquefaciens, Bacillus pumilus, Bacillus polymyxa, Bacillus thuringiensis, and the fungus Trichoderma harzianum. Citrate is synthesized in the TCA cycle by the condensation of acetyl-CoA and oxaloacetate, and is then used as a precursor for the biosynthesis of many important molecules.

In Bacillus species, citrate can be transported into the cell through the action of citrate transporters. Once inside the cell, citrate can be converted to isocitrate by the action of aconitase, which is an enzyme that catalyzes the isomerization of citrate. Isocitrate is then further metabolized through the TCA cycle to generate energy and biosynthetic precursors. The TCA cycle generates NADH and FADH2, which are important electron donors for the electron transport chain, and also produces intermediates such as alpha-ketoglutarate and succinyl-CoA, which can be used as precursors for the biosynthesis of other important molecules.

In addition to serving as a TCA cycle intermediate, citrate can also be used as a precursor for the biosynthesis of other important molecules such as amino acids, fatty acids, and secondary metabolites. For example, in Bacillus subtilis, citrate is a precursor for the biosynthesis of glutamate and lysine, two important amino acids. Citrate can also be used as a precursor for the biosynthesis of the antibiotic bacilysin in Bacillus subtilis.

In Trichoderma harzianum, citrate can be transported into the cell through the action of a plasma membrane citrate transporter. Once inside the cell, citrate is metabolized through the TCA cycle to generate energy and biosynthetic precursors. In addition to serving as a TCA cycle intermediate, citrate can also be used as a precursor for the biosynthesis of other important molecules such as lipids and secondary metabolites. For example, citrate is a precursor for the biosynthesis of the secondary metabolite harzianic acid in Trichoderma harzianum.

In summary, citric acid (citrate) is a key intermediate in the central carbon metabolism of many microorganisms, including Bacillus species and Trichoderma harzianum. It is utilized by these microorganisms as a precursor for the biosynthesis of many important molecules, including amino acids, fatty acids, and secondary metabolites, in addition to serving as a TCA cycle intermediate for energy generation and biosynthetic precursor synthesis.
Ascorbic acid, also known as vitamin C, is a water-soluble vitamin that is essential for many organisms, including bacteria and fungi. However, not all microorganisms are able to synthesize ascorbic acid and must obtain it from external sources. In Bacillus species such as Bacillus subtilis, ascorbic acid cannot be synthesized and must be obtained from external sources. Ascorbic acid can be transported into the cell through the action of vitamin C transporters. Once inside the cell, ascorbic acid can be used as a cofactor for many enzymes involved in various metabolic pathways. For example, it is a cofactor for the prolyl hydroxylase enzyme that catalyzes the hydroxylation of proline residues in collagen. Ascorbic acid can also act as an antioxidant, scavenging free radicals and protecting cells from oxidative stress. Similarly, Bacillus amyloliquefaciens, Bacillus pumilus, Bacillus polymyxa, and Bacillus thuringiensis cannot synthesize ascorbic acid and must obtain it from external sources. These species may also use ascorbic acid as a cofactor for enzymes or as an antioxidant. In Trichoderma harzianum, ascorbic acid can also be transported into the cell through the action of vitamin C transporters. Once inside the cell, ascorbic acid can be used as a cofactor for various enzymes involved in metabolic pathways. In addition, ascorbic acid can also act as an antioxidant, protecting the cell from oxidative stress. Overall, while not all microorganisms are capable of synthesizing ascorbic acid, many can utilize it for various metabolic functions.
salicylic acid is not commonly utilized by Bacillus species. Instead, it is more commonly produced by plants as a defense mechanism against pathogens.
Salicylic acid has been found to have antimicrobial properties, and some studies suggest that it may be utilized by Trichoderma species as a nutrient source. However, further research is needed to fully understand the metabolism and utilization of salicylic acid by microorganisms.

Dr.Dutch

Dr.Dutch

So, the BioPak will be used in the future only for direct application in the substrate and as a foliar spray.
All contained strains are also suitable for this, develop there also effects that have a positive impact on the plants and act against various pathogens.
Especially also against Botrytis.
Some info powered by GPT. First part general info, second to cannabis specifically, then a listing and the conclusion to B. cinerea.
The product from Bayer with b. amy. is ordered and will then be used together with BioPak as a foliar spray.

Bacillus sp. for Foliar Application
The ability of Bacillus strains to colonize plant leaves and survive as endophytes largely depends on their ability to compete with other microorganisms and the plant's immune system. Bacillus strains can colonize the surface of leaves or penetrate the leaf tissues, depending on the plant species and the Bacillus strain.
After application as a foliar spray, Bacillus strains adhere to the surface of leaves and start to grow and multiply. They can produce various extracellular enzymes and metabolites that aid in the colonization of the leaf surface, such as biosurfactants, proteases, and cellulases. These enzymes help to break down the complex organic matter present on the leaf surface, making it easier for Bacillus to attach and colonize the surface.
Once colonized, Bacillus strains can produce various plant growth-promoting substances, such as indole acetic acid (IAA), gibberellins, cytokinins, and auxins, which stimulate plant growth and development. They can also induce systemic resistance in plants, protecting them from various foliar pathogens.
In addition, some Bacillus strains are known to form endospores, which are highly resistant to environmental stresses such as heat, drought, and UV radiation. These spores can survive on the surface of leaves or in the leaf tissues for extended periods, enabling long-term colonization and protection of the plant.

There is limited research available on the use of Bacillus species for the cultivation of cannabis plants. However, based on the available literature, it appears that some Bacillus species, such as Bacillus subtilis, Bacillus licheniformis, Bacillus pumilus, Bacillus megaterium, and Bacillus amyloliquefaciens, may have beneficial effects on cannabis plant growth and development, as well as protect them from certain foliar pathogens.
Bacillus strains have been shown to enhance cannabis plant growth and yield by increasing nutrient uptake, improving water uptake, and promoting root growth. They can also help to increase the tolerance of cannabis plants to environmental stressors, such as drought, heat, and cold.
In addition, some Bacillus strains have been shown to have antifungal activity against foliar pathogens that commonly infect cannabis plants, such as Botrytis cinerea, Fusarium oxysporum, and Alternaria solani.
However, it is important to note that the efficacy of Bacillus strains on cannabis plants may depend on various factors such as the specific strain used, application method, concentration, timing and frequency of application, environmental conditions, and the severity of the disease or stress. More research is needed to fully understand the potential benefits and limitations of using Bacillus strains for cannabis cultivation.

Bacillus subtilis:

Positive effects for plant growth:
  • Stimulates plant growth by promoting root development and enhancing photosynthetic activity of leaves.
  • Induces systemic resistance in plants, protecting them from various foliar pathogens.
Antipathogenic effects:
  • Controls foliar pathogens such as Botrytis cinerea, Alternaria solani, and Sclerotinia sclerotiorum.

Bacillus polymyxa:

• Increases leaf size and thickness, improving overall health and vigor of the plant.
  • Improves water-holding capacity of leaf surface, reducing water stress and improving drought tolerance.
Antipathogenic effects:
  • Controls foliar pathogens such as Phytophthora capsici, Colletotrichum orbiculare.

Bacillus licheniformis:

• Enhances photosynthetic activity of leaves, leading to increased plant growth and productivity.
  • Improves plant's ability to take up nutrients.
Antipathogenic effects:
  • Controls foliar pathogens such as Botrytis cinerea, Fusarium oxysporum, and Colletotrichum acutatum.

Bacillus pumilus:

• Stimulates plant growth by promoting root development and enhancing photosynthetic activity of leaves.
  • Improves plant's ability to take up nutrients such as nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium.
Antipathogenic effects:
  • Controls foliar pathogens such as Sclerotinia sclerotiorum, Rhizoctonia solani, and Botrytis cinerea.

Bacillus megaterium:

• Enhances photosynthetic activity of leaves, leading to increased plant growth and productivity.
  • Improves plant's ability to take up nutrients such as nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium.
Antipathogenic effects:
  • Controls foliar pathogens such as Pyricularia oryzae, Alternaria alternata, and Botrytis cinerea.

Bacillus amyloliquefaciens:

• Enhances plant's ability to take up nutrients such as nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium.
Antipathogenic effects:
  • Controls foliar pathogens such as Pseudomonas syringae, Xanthomonas campestris, and Botrytis cinerea.

Bacillus subtilis, Bacillus licheniformis, Bacillus pumilus, Bacillus megaterium, and Bacillus amyloliquefaciens have been reported to have antifungal activity against Botrytis cinerea. However, the efficacy of each strain may vary depending on various factors such as the concentration of the bacterial suspension, timing and frequency of application, environmental conditions, and the severity of the disease. In general, Bacillus subtilis and Bacillus amyloliquefaciens have been found to be more effective against Botrytis cinerea in some studies. However, it is important to note that the efficacy of a specific Bacillus strain may also depend on the plant species and the geographical location.

Top Bottom