DWC Plants Dying Please Help

• Thread starter TheOhmOne
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FourthCity

FourthCity

This is the Lucus Formula.

0-8-16

This formula can be used in both veg and bloom.
FloraGro Can be used during veg as it should increase the internode length, but is it really needed ?

What’re your thoughts 4th
I think you wont get enough nitrogen and you will have too much potassium.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I would also include the gro.... the second video with the air looks better remember you just need enough to agitate the surface.... not beat up the roots.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Interesting.
How much nitrogen do you think I need?

To be clear, you all recommend adding the Flora Grow so that I can get more nitrogen??
Can't speak for others but that's my opinion. 100-120ppm of nitrogen is about where I like mine generally speaking.

TheOhmOne

TheOhmOne

Can't speak for others but that's my opinion. 100-120ppm of nitrogen is about where I like mine generally speaking.

The Flora Grow has less nitrogen than the Micro...

Am I missing something here ?

I will break this all down if need be. But I thought this was a well known formula.It’s been years shit changes though. And that’s why I switched from Lucus over the years.not only to try out different companies with specific formulations, but just to see how the cookie crumbles on the other side. And honestly, when they are healthy in DWC, nutrient changes as negligible imo.

To clarify, We do know this is 0/8/16

Which is 0 grow, 8ml micro, 16ml bloom /gallon

Just want to make sure this is understood by everyone

I also don’t run it at exactly 8/16

more at 1:2

I bring up my PPMs slowly as plants uptake.

If I see signs of nitrogen deficiencies, I will up the PPMs.

Lucus himself recommends going full strength nearly the whole time.
I could never get myself to run clones at 1300ppm from start to finish

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

The Flora Grow has less nitrogen than the Micro...

Am I missing something here ?

I will break this all down if need be. But I thought this was a well known formula.It’s been years shit changes though. And that’s why I switched from Lucus over the years.not only to try out different companies with specific formulations, but just to see how the cookie crumbles on the other side. And honestly, when they are healthy in DWC, nutrient changes as negligible imo.

To clarify, We do know this is 0/8/16

Which is 0 grow, 8ml micro, 16ml bloom /gallon

Just want to make sure this is understood by everyone

I also don’t run it at exactly 8/16

more at 1:2

I bring up my PPMs slowly as plants uptake.

If I see signs of nitrogen deficiencies, I will up the PPMs.

Lucus himself recommends going full strength nearly the whole time.
I could never get myself to run clones at 1300ppm from start to finish
Yeah i have heard of it and seen some tables... always nitrogen in it. I was looking at the ratios you posted as NPK and thats not the case. What is the NPK of the mix you describe. Honestly never really looked into the Lucas formula much

TheOhmOne

TheOhmOne

Yeah i have heard of it and seen some tables... always nitrogen in it. I was looking at the ratios you posted as NPK and thats not the case. What is the NPK of the mix you describe. Honestly never really looked into the Lucas formula much

I honestly used it for simplicity when switching from soil to hydro years ago. Time flies, and I’d be dammed if they haven’t perfected a simple cannabis nutrient regimen by now. I understand there is a lot of great options. However the Lucus formula can be used with any nutrient line, and is more focused on the ratios and numbers more so the name of the brand.

Here is the info on the Lucus formula using GH Flora Micro andBloom

“Lucas Formula targets (parts per million) of 100N-100P-200K-60Mg as the requirements for marijuana through all stages of growth. Using 7.5 ml/gal of FloraMicro, and 15 ml/gal FloraBloom, 122N-99P-171K-68Mg is achieved. Lucas Formula rounds off to use 8 ml FloraMicro and 16 ml FloraBloom, so the N-P-K-Mg ppm will be slightly higher than the previously stated 122N-99P-171K-68Mg values using 7.5ml/15ml respectively. Using 8 ml FloraMicro and 16 ml FloraBloom, the N-P-K-Mg values are 130N-106P-183K-73Mg. The total PPM of the solution will vary depending on water quality used. Keep in mind that there are also other elements in the Micro and Bloom bottles besides the N-P-K-Mg, so the ppm will be higher than if you simply added together the previously stated N-P-K-Mg ppm.”

My trouble is the amount needed. I don’t feel comfortable using 1300ppms on clones. And I never have. I think I still need a better understanding of that aspect, regarding how much of any specific nutrients the plants need at any given time.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I honestly used it for simplicity when switching from soil to hydro years ago. Time flies, and I’d be dammed if they haven’t perfected a simple cannabis nutrient regimen by now. I understand there is a lot of great options. However the Lucus formula can be used with any nutrient line, and is more focused on the ratios and numbers more so the name of the brand.

Here is the info on the Lucus formula using GH Flora Micro andBloom

“Lucas Formula targets (parts per million) of 100N-100P-200K-60Mg as the requirements for marijuana through all stages of growth. Using 7.5 ml/gal of FloraMicro, and 15 ml/gal FloraBloom, 122N-99P-171K-68Mg is achieved. Lucas Formula rounds off to use 8 ml FloraMicro and 16 ml FloraBloom, so the N-P-K-Mg ppm will be slightly higher than the previously stated 122N-99P-171K-68Mg values using 7.5ml/15ml respectively. Using 8 ml FloraMicro and 16 ml FloraBloom, the N-P-K-Mg values are 130N-106P-183K-73Mg. The total PPM of the solution will vary depending on water quality used. Keep in mind that there are also other elements in the Micro and Bloom bottles besides the N-P-K-Mg, so the ppm will be higher than if you simply added together the previously stated N-P-K-Mg ppm.”

My trouble is the amount needed. I don’t feel comfortable using 1300ppms on clones. And I never have. I think I still need a better understanding of that aspect, regarding how much of any specific nutrients the plants need at any given time.
Looks decent.... its the ratios that are important. From there just dilute to meet your needs.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

What nutrient line do you recommend in DWC to be ran with Hydroguard?

Any remarks on

Aqua Flakes
Canna
Dyna-gro

What do you do differently AquaMan compared to your first run with the 4x4 with MegaCrop?
I have a lot of dry fert amendments from when I used to mix my own. I'm tinkering more now with ratios at different stages. But I feel like there is no real best nutrients but the overall rarios we use are the important factor. Things will vary strain to strain and thats where it starts to get to specific and i dont have a lot of the answers. Probably the best thing i can say is I found a 2-1-3 ratio with Ca to mag of 2 or 3 to 1 to work well from start to finish. Normally adding mpk after flip which I have changed to before flip but I won't get into the parts im tinkering with. Generally speaking that works well start to finish. Other than that more specific ratios and amendments I feel should be reserved for strain and pheno specific grows. It boils down to reading the plants, trial and error and just having the individual nutrients on hand to do so.

Pretty much the lucas formula and many others are proven to work a to z getting more out of it is strain and grow specific and needs to be treated as such. Let's the plants tell you what they want. I know it's vague but there is no right answer.

TheOhmOne

TheOhmOne

So the Skywalker OG clones have been in for 24 hours now. So far, so good.

These clones were not nearly as rooted as I would have hoped to of received.

There was also an extra clone in the bag, so I decided to run that one in a 5 gallon bucket, I will then choose the 2 best ASAP.

I’ve been ensuring the rockwool isn’t getting too wet or dry.

I placed the rockwool on about 2” of hydroton in the netpot, and then filled in the rest.

The bubble bucket hasn’t needed any top feeding, but I’ve found both the ladies in the 150L Res rockwool were drying out slightly.

Light Intensity 25% of 720W

Water temp 64-65F in both the Cooler and Bucket.

Bucket PPM 160

Cooler PPM 150

I did have an incident today when I woke up in the morning.
My AC ducted exhaust had fallen off the AC unit. The room the tent is in heated up to 105f with the current outside temperatures.
The tent itself was up to 90f at the highest.

The plants looked surprisingly good, actually better then when I received them.

I decided to use the 2 clones which had the best root system going so far. As you can see from the pictures, one of the clones I placed in the larger Res by far has the worst development going on up top. But we will play it by ear, and soon enough only the strongest 2 will remain in the tent.

The other will be trained, poked, and prodded

Tent temperatures are back down to 74-78f
I’ve managed to get the humidity up to around 40-60% pretty steady with another humidifier added.

I’m also contemplating on running Aqua Flakes A&B in the larger Res, and the modified Lucus in the bucket. Or vice versa.

Anyone have any input on the AquaFlakes?

Last edited:
TheOhmOne

TheOhmOne

As you can clearly see, not only did 2 of the clones essentially have no roots popping yet, but they also came having undergone some less than ideal conditions.

Dark, crusty tips. New growth looks deformed.

I’d normally prefer them to be in better shape. But it could be worse.

531F6E3E 3F00 4085 A320 789F55F2BB2D
71963101 09BD 4C52 B3B6 7C8BC14B36CC
B15D06A7 2C85 4B49 93AD F7310B3BB3BC
AE943F0C 6281 4CB6 95C0 18902D0CA46D
4AC532B0 ACE5 4206 ABFF 287B1143A5F7
968690AA A537 4D9D 8003 6EE4D1F53C88
6D572F20 4A5A 47C0 A699 36492D6B8B95
0692C286 C115 49A0 A3CF A067CA04A903
27AC7D45 769B 4CA5 B103 3F4182B7AEC7
TheOhmOne

TheOhmOne

Current status.

looking for good ScrOG netting recommendations?

4A2C88FE A53E 4E8E 880A 80C70F26758A
QuindariousGooch

QuindariousGooch

Current status.

looking for good ScrOG netting recommendations?
I like using the garden fencing that's painted green and has 2x3-in squares. You can lay out four branches north south east and west, top them at three and then three again and it will fill out perfectly. It's also much more sturdy than netting so when you're bending a branch it holds itself rather than having to tie a bunch of stuff down. Not that the nettings bad or wrong I just did it different and got great results.
Q

QuindariousGooch

QuindariousGooch

As you can clearly see, not only did 2 of the clones essentially have no roots popping yet, but they also came having undergone some less than ideal conditions.

Dark, crusty tips. New growth looks deformed.

I’d normally prefer them to be in better shape. But it could be worse.
Regarding your point that the clones weren't rooted as well as you'd like... We had some lids that were slightly tinted and as they got more and more tinted we got worse and worse results. We replaced the lids and were right back to where we used to be. Once those lids get dirty it's just best to throw them away and get another one. It's like when you see a Honda or Toyota with a cloudy headlights. You can polish that out but it's not worth it on it hood. Has anybody else seen this?

Top Bottom