East coast East coast sour diesel

• Thread starter BeachBummed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BeachBummed

Hey guys just picked up some ECSD. this cut came to the area a couple years ago, dont know if its the legit cut, but thats as it came a couple years ago and been so famous it hasnt left.

ive had sour d back in southern california, its good but not the same. there is a distinct flavor of this kind out here. it makes me believe this is the true. reminds me of fresh orange peels getting scratched out of the jar but strawberry nag champa when you exhale. extremely smooth. had to cough up some respect points but definitely got a permanent spot in my garden.

INFO
Tester Name :BUM
Strain :ECSD
Method Smoked : 13" straight tube CLEAN bong with 8 arm diffuser.

APPEARANCE

http://img19.invalid.com/img19/9683/photo1sji.jpg
http://img149.invalid.com/img149/3690/photo21l.jpg

[/URL]
[/URL]

SMELL

Dominant smell of bud : freshness. skunk/ old socks... smells like "cat piss"
Associated smells of bud : orange peel strawberry cotton candy nag champa

TASTE

Dominant flavour : sugar/ cotton candy
Associated flavours : nag champa incense, artificial strawberries.

Harsh/smoothness : 6 (1-10, 1 being extremely harsh and 10 being extremely smooth)
- cough factor? : seems like there is a point that if you dont inhale enough you'll choke more than if you ripped it.

BUZZ

Profile : Percentage of head to body - 70 body/ 30 head
Potency : (1-10, 1 being extremely weak and 10 being extremely potent) 8
Duration : (approx length of buzz, from first hit) 2 hrs
Use : Daytime/Bedtime 4:20 pm
Munchies? : yes!!!
-----------------------------------------------------

CHEMICAL ASTRINGENT
turpentine ()
metallic ()
ammonia () - urine () - vinegar ()
bleach ()
lotions () - plastics () - glues ()

SWEET
fruity (x) - berry (x) - black/blue/raspberry () - citrus (x) - orange (x) - lemon () - lime () - apple () - mango () - grape () - cherry () - tutti frutti (x)

floral x() - perfume () - blossom ()
minty () - methol () - spearmint () - peppermint ()

SPICY
woody (x) - incense (x) - hardwood () - sage () - juniper () - cedar () - pine ()
basil () - garlic () - dill () - clove () - parsley () - pepper ()
tobacco () - chocolate ()

MUSKY
earthy (x) - loam () - dirt () - musty () - dusty () - dry ()
animal () - bird () - rodent () - gamey () - skunky (x)
botanical () - hay () - autumn leaves () - trees ()

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
From the look of ur pictures and the read of ur descriptions its does't seems to be the readl deal ECSD. Nice report still....

B

BeachBummed

haha you know its funny i was laughing about that cause when i looked at him when he told me he looked skeptical... i mean the finished product is hands down amazing, but thats what i was looking for. i could see him saying that just so i'd still get it.... kids these days...

but i mean, i looked around, and i remember the stuff from the clinic back in CA...
different structure, but that distinct stone is right there, so its believable.

thanks for checkin it out!

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
yeah aussie thats the sour d i know. even the rez version looks very close if not just like it. but that nug looks like soemthing very differnt in the smoke report picture.

S

smoketilluchoke

beachbummed

your pics look alot like my la confidential x ECSD from dna

B

BeachBummed

yeah i dont know. i mean from that harvested i do see the ECSD... but i mean it was the particular stoney that ECSD gives that i was looking for. this stuff TOTALLY has that. so if its a cross or not, its truely that knock out stone, like i cant even remember what im thinking about haha.

I dont have any flower pics, i just got this batch and a clone. its been rooted for a week, transplanted right when i got it. i dont think i'll do a log or anything im already doing my KO kush log. i'm sure i'll just add it in there with the jenna haze as well.

but yeah, whether its a hybrid or not, im stoked on the cut. haha it smells tastes looks great hands down ECSD or not..... but some further truth would be great haha.

M

medleaf

i agree not the ecsd but that but ausies pics look authentic to me. I have the rez but she seems prone to hermie. Love the sour D but the most authentic thing besides the fox tail structure is the smell. Sour D has a smell that is so prolific it smells like someone just sprayed you down with lemon skunk cleaner. Even in a sealed jar people have told me the could smell it inside of a sealed car. So double seals and still the odor escapes. This is not traveling weed for sure! leaf

B

BeachBummed

yeah but i mean i've compared like 02830482 different strands to "(insert adjective) LEMON"
trainwreck
chems
OG's
hash plant
even all the "orange" smelling stuff is really just lemons haha.

all smells like lemons to me... i try and look deeper and see what the real distinct flavor is. cause if you tell me "lemons" i might as well just say "tastes like weed" haha.

im not in any way saying the lemony pine sol smell in any herb isnt dank or amazing im just saying its everywhere i try and find the uniquness of the strand. lemon is too generic for a weed smell.

M

medleaf

when you find the true sour d you will know its undeniable. distinct and not like all the others out there thats how we all know that it is not what you have described. leaf

Illmind

Illmind

Ya some people get lemons and I don't but everybody gets a different taste when smoking. It's like that thing that can't be described you hit somehing and you like DAMN that taste just like this! And then your homey look at you like nah I think that it taste sour and sweet. Then you all agree to disagree. Then there's thse cats that are like it taste like whale asscrack with newport cigarettes dipped in gasoline with a sprinkle of garlic. And then you smoke that weed....

bigherb

bigherb

Farmer
IMO both pics are not real sour d

aussie pic is the ecsd from rez or whoever put it out ,IME the sour d wit those fox tails not half as tasty or potent

ime the sour d was always large buds but no fox tails dark green nug ,golden inside was the better batches ,taste lime skittles skunk fuel that lingers for hours

coz alaways said he tasted garlic tho ,only time i tasted garlic was in nyc hp

1luvbigherb

G

greenkeeper

high folks
not the ecsd 4 sure (still nice),ausieĀ“s buds look kinda like the ecsd the calyx are even more balllike as u can see on the pic,
medleaf is also right, there is nothing compare to it
i describe the smell as industriel or lil bit rubber like.

B

BeachBummed

Ya some people get lemons and I don't but everybody gets a different taste when smoking. It's like that thing that can't be described you hit somehing and you like DAMN that taste just like this! And then your homey look at you like nah I think that it taste sour and sweet. Then you all agree to disagree. Then there's thse cats that are like it taste like whale asscrack with newport cigarettes dipped in gasoline with a sprinkle of garlic. And then you smoke that weed....

hahahahahahahahaha exactly.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
lol...i want the weed that smells like asscrack and elevators(old apt building elevators)

B

BeachBummed

im sorry i was just so amused when i was thinking about whales having asscracks. hahaha.

i mean dude as far as taste this compares to real real choice stuff i've had. and extremely unique taste with a very very robust skunky fruity earthy tone. im digging it

meangreenmartian

meangreenmartian

doesnt look like real ECSD. Not sure if its nycd either though cause the real ny diesel will have an overwhelming grapfruit flavor and diff apperance imo. The real ECSDs i have sampled are very bright, tight, more indica nugs that are very similiar to Chemdog. They have that candy lemon-cherry fuel funk. I attached pics of ECSD from Grey Area last summer (Pic 2 and 3), some "sour diesel" from a bud in ny and the last pic is NYCD from Amnesia I believe. NYCDs always seem to be much more hairy and red in color then the bright multicolored ECSD clone. Just scooped some Sannie NYCD f3s from the farm as well, supposed to be a nice indica pheno. Nice review Beachbummed

Sour Dies Small
ECSourDies
Eastsourdies
NYCD 1
Top Bottom