Edibles for Gut issues

• Thread starter Robt393
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Robt393

Robt393

Hi all.
I grow and smoke for my medical issues. My wife suffers, and I mean suffers with a myriad of gut problems, ranging from IBS to diverticulitis. She is also coeliac and adverse to smoking (bad early days party smoking memories). We know 70% is stress due to my diagnosis/prognosis.
Does anybody have thoughts about how to get the benefits of THC and terpenes etc. in to her system without any buzz ... I know - exciting times 😎. She is not coeliac out of choice so no gluten is a must. Thinking caps on please 🤓

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Are you in a legal state?

If getting high is out of the question, obviously you need a CBD strain/CBD products.

I grew one CBD strain that happened to make beautiful buds and smelled fantastic, but it is no longer available. I would think the famous CBD strains have some terps to them, as well.

Robt393

Robt393

Are you in a legal state?

If getting high is out of the question, obviously you need a CBD strain/CBD products.

I grew one CBD strain that happened to make beautiful buds and smelled fantastic, but it is no longer available. I would think the famous CBD strains have some terps to them, as well.
I'm in Ireland, so definitely not legal. The thing is I don't believe its CBD that's needed here

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I'm in Ireland, so definitely not legal. The thing is I don't believe its CBD that's needed here
THC means there will be a buzz. If it's slight, she probably won't object to it.

Maybe low-dose edibles — like 3 mg, but no more than 5 mg. In your case, though, it will be trial and error with edibles. You won't know how much is in it. I would find the least amount that gives you a buzz, then cut it in half.

Robt393

Robt393

THC means there will be a buzz. If it's slight, she probably won't object to it.

Maybe low-dose edibles — like 3 mg, but no more than 5 mg. In your case, though, it will be trial and error with edibles. You won't know how much is in it. I would find the least amount that gives you a buzz, then cut it in half.

Yes I think a low dose of THC in the system should be nearly mandatory for everyone

josefrahl

josefrahl

You can try THC topicals like a lotion. It is suppose to hit all the cannabinoid receptors in the area applied. I use for a few different things, no high.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Not so. THCA is not the same as THC. While a tiny amount of THC will be present until buds are decarbed the THC is in the form of THCA which does not bind with our CB1 and CB2 receptors…. Meaning you wont get high.

You want a cold press or cold extraction method used and ingest not smoke without heating like baking, making butter etc.

This is how to best maintain the diversity and concentration of the various terpenoids, flavonoids and cannabinoids.

You can eat buds in salad or whatever and not get high. The min you smoke, bake or heat them above a certain temperature you decarboxylate the cannabis and the THCA converts to THC and you will get high from ingesting

Madmax

Madmax

Smoking it fixed up my indigestion problems i was having and sped up my metobolism ..hey @Aqua Man if you let your plant go all amber would that b better to smoke without the buzz?..the chemical compounds have changed then yeah?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Smoking it fixed up my indigestion problems i was having and sped up my metobolism ..hey @Aqua Man if you let your plant go all amber would that b better to smoke without the buzz?..the chemical compounds have changed then yeah?
Over time the THCA slowly converts to THC naturally this hapoens over the curing process. You do have some convert to I believe to CBD and CBN. It all depends what your trying to use it for and i dont have the knowledge to make recommendations on that. But generally if you smoke it your going to get high… if you ingest it in its raw form you will not. As to the benefits of the various cannabinoids thats above ny knowledge

Robt393

Robt393

Thanks for all this information guys. Tis a minefield that blows good things in the air. For all the knowledge here, I would suggest giant self inflatable tin foil hats 😍

Garbage_bear

Garbage_bear

Some people have gut issues just taking RSO- me included. I have to make sure I eat before I take it and drink lots of water or I will have, we’ll let’s say an explosive situation…..

Robt393

Robt393

It fixes so many issues ... Its a shame so many medical professionals hide behind their Hippocrytic Oath

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Yes I think a low dose of THC in the system should be nearly mandatory for everyone
Way back when, my brother used to say that it should be mandatory for everyone to do mushrooms at least once a year. Today he has a lot of catching up to do.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

I would try a tincture, yes it must be ingested but the amount is so small I doubt it would hurt her stomach, barring that go with a sublingual strip witch you melt under your tongue, after letting it melt she can swish it around in her mouth till absorbed then spit out the juice, these are not street drugs and can only be purchased at a dispensary, allso talk to the bud tender, explain the situation and ask for advice it's there job to help.hope this helps and she feels better! I to have stomach issues and not a fun thing.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Very true, but the pharma industry tries to crush the truth (lol that sounds like a hippy statement from the 70's, but it's so true)
Absolutely… now they are going to find a way to patent it and have already made synthetic

Top Bottom