Elusives Grow #2 is starting tonight

• Thread starter elusiveshame
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

elusiveshame

This mornings pic:
13696FFC 01DF 4524 B835 3A1CC7D8BEFC

I had to move one of the white widows as she was leaning, and I suspect it’s due to the fan. Other than that, they’re all looking good 🥰

I did order another humidifier to replace the white one with one that has a display that shuts off and holds more water. I suspect me having to tape over the display is interfering with the sensor and it doesn’t shut off. While that’s not an issue now, I feel like it will be once the plants get a little bigger and I’m watering the whole pot and not just a splash here and there.

E

elusiveshame

Daily morning pic:
2747EFAF 039E 4C39 91D0 497437728290

Top 2 gorillas are taking off nicely, and the bottom one is about to pass the top right fabric pot gorilla.

The white widows are doing well, and the other 2 are starting to catch up a bit.

We’ll see what they’ll look like in 2023 :)

Buzzy12

Buzzy12

Supporter
Pretty good looking start bud. What seedbank did you get the seeds from? White Widow is an easy to grow strain from the best breeder ever in my opinion, Shantibaba. I grew some last year from ILGM that grew alright. One day I'l get some Black Widow seeds straight from Mr. Nice. He's very generous with his strains. Pretty easy to get any of his strains directly from him at a good price.

E

elusiveshame

Pretty good looking start bud. What seedbank did you get the seeds from? White Widow is an easy to grow strain from the best breeder ever in my opinion, Shantibaba. I grew some last year from ILGM that grew alright. One day I'l get some Black Widow seeds straight from Mr. Nice. He's very generous with his strains. Pretty easy to get any of his strains directly from him at a good price.
Thanks Buzzy 😋 the strawberry gorillas and white widows are from Seedsman, Silver Alert is from Lake House Genetics, and the Lucid Dreams x Hells Kitchen I’m not 100% sure as I didn’t pay attention to the package I opened and I thought it was the Silver Alert and I didn’t save any of the packaging the seed packets arrived in.

I hear lots of positive things on white widow, so I’m excited that all 3 popped without issue.

Black Widow sounds fun!

You got this

Thanks homie :)

E

elusiveshame

Today’s pic:
E7BBE735 B477 4667 B481 87BC32720D4B

They’re looking good still! The white widow on the far left really got some growth since yesterday

E

elusiveshame

Today’s pic:
B7A90E22 58F5 454F 93F1 A549BB3740C7

Some visible growth is happening each day. The lucid dreams keeps on leaning, and seems like no matter which way I turn her, she just leans into the fan 🤷‍♂️

Aside from that, I’ll be starting to water each cup more than just a splash here and there to start getting them used to seeking out water, and same with the 2 larger gorillas. The smaller gorillas will prob just be splashed here and there for another 2 or 3 days, but overall they’re looking good and healthy so far!

E

elusiveshame

Today’s pic:

BF312AA1 20E8 4476 B04B D725FA5789B1

The white widows in the solo cups are just filling right out nicely, with the lucid dreams and silver alert starting to catch up.

The 2 auto gorillas are really growing quickly. The top right is taking off now, though it’s a week behind the other 2 (planted and sprouted around the same time). The bottom gorilla was planted a week after the first 3, so maybe the late bloomer and this one will be on the same schedule. Regardless, everything is growing and now they all seem to be doing well.

I’ve started saturating more of the solo cups, though not until run off yet. The fabric pots I’m watering a few inches away in a circle and letting the inside soil moisten from that.

E

elusiveshame

I had some time so I decided to put the start dates and estimated harvest dates for each plant.

Right now it looks like the gorillas will finish between March 5th and March 10th, and the rest around April 26th.

I’ll be flipping the photos to flower on Feb 22nd, as this will be a few days past 8 weeks for the white widows and a few days under 8 weeks for the other 2.

Now comes the question - how to arrange the plants between the tents.

My initial thought was 3 of the auto gorillas in the 2x4 tent and 4 photos in the 4x4. I wasn’t sure if the Silver Alert or Lucid Dreams would pop, but they did, and I wasn’t sure about strawberry gorilla c as it was struggling her first week. Since everything is growing well, I have 2 extra plants to account for.

My next thought was to just put all 4 autos in the 2x4, and keep all 5 photos in the 4x4. Then I had this wild idea of maybe putting 3 of the gorillas in the 2x4 as originally intended, delay flipping flower by a week, and letting the 4th finish in the 4x4.

Doing that last idea might be a no-go since I wouldn’t want to scrog the 4x4 until after the gorilla finishes, so I think I just talked myself into the 4 gorillas in the 2x4, and the rest in the 4x4.

Any thoughts on that?

Also, any idea on where you can get horizontal tent poles? I feel like having them around the 3 tent walls would be beneficial for a scrog net.

E

elusiveshame

pics from late last night and this morning:
E220BCC5 F7FE 436E 9FE2 3D63E4DCAF9C

DC660B1D 3C00 4A28 8E18 7A827C8A010F

Not sure why today’s pic is so cockeyed, but whatever :p

All are doing well, though the lucid dreams has some wavy single fingered leaves. The fan was blowing right on it as it oscillated, so I adjusted the fan a smidge.

I also ordered some planter risers and drain pans for them, as well as some Mykos and more happy frog.

Next week I intend on starting to LST the autos (the ones that are ready for it, anyway) and move them into the 2x4 tent, and then I’ll get the photos repotted into their final 5 gal grow bags.

In the meantime, I’ll start amending the water with orca beginning with the next watering.

I won’t be topping any of the autos, but I will be topping the photos. I also want to give my hand with some HST techniques this round, though I’m not sure which one I want to use as a test plant. Maybe the Silver Alert or Lucid Dreams.

E

elusiveshame

Pulling up a seat. I can’t believe you crowded yourself by popping extra seeds! Never done that before (at least not this week…yet). LOL. Cheers

I mean....more is better, right? 😅 how bad could it be? Lol

I honestly wasn’t anticipating 100% germination, and thought strawberry gorilla c wasn’t going to make it.

Happy to say I was wrong lol

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
The more journals I read, the more I want to give an auto a try. Going to order a few seeds to try one out while I Veg for a couple of months. Keep up the great work bro!

E

elusiveshame

Small evening update:
8638D6C6 A915 495B 9F56 90DF488FE3CC

The 2 gorillas in the back I decided to start LST’ing them tonight.

The top left (strawberry gorilla a) I used the previous method I used on the bag seed grow - binder clips and garden wire.

One thing I noticed with this method is that the fabric pots have some give, so it’s kind of a pain to get proper tension.

The one next to this (strawberry gorilla b) I used a 90 degree stress clip. It was sooooo much faster and easier than using garden wire.

I’ll likely end up using a combination of the 2 methods with this grow just because I don’t think I have enough of each to do every plant the same way.

Edit: Removed the garden wires and used a red 90 degree clip.

Last edited:
E

elusiveshame

This mornings pic:
E1705A8B FFC6 4A27 8DBC 8EA1CA37DB11

Can’t even tell the top gorillas are bent 😅 these plants are amazing

Edit: The temp and humidity has been slightly more challenging to control in this tent. The temp is kind of easy enough to play with as I can dim the light a bit, increase the exhaust fan, or just turn off the pellet stove for a few hours (or turn it down, which is what I did).

The humidity, on the other hand, seems to be typically between 45 and 55%, typically landing around the 50%. I don't think this is a major issue, but I do have 2 humidifiers going, one of which is constantly running. This *should* balance out as the plants grow and they get more water in the pots.

Last edited:
Top Bottom