Endemic Root Rot and Brown Slime in dwc and rdwc, nothing helps, down 40 plants in 3 months wtf

• Thread starter sedate
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SonOfDaMourning

SonOfDaMourning

Replace EVERYTHING including your WATER PUMP! i was hella suprised how much pyithium i found in my pump! If you had it then its in there and bleach and h2o2 will only set it back abitbefore it recolonizes, you must remove the sludge.
again, new buckets, lines, netpots, medium, lower your ppm and get a new water pump! Oh and being your grow is a pretty decent size and its a huge hit to lose then get a chiller regardless if your temps are ok for the most part. Its those 2hrs you speak of daily that inhibits growth along with whatever you missed thats reseeding the colony.

Wavegem

Wavegem

I gonna drop a bomb right now. I do not take credit for this

I am not saying anything else

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

high man, first off i'm sorry for your loss, at that level i'm sure you depend on your crops so a loss like this must really hurt.

anyway, i wanted to say that coco is in fact 'hydro' and should be treated and fed just as you would a DWC or an ebb and flow system or any other kind of hydro with the caveat that i only have personal experience, about a years worth, with DWC.

i bring this up because coco can give you the results you are familiar with without all the drama as coco is far more forgiving as a medium.

...i personally run a small op around a single barebulb 600HPS inside a 4 x 4 space and i grow coco hempy buckets KISS style with Jack's Pro Hydro and i do it in the most lackadaisical manner possible, i'm a lazy phuck by nature, and i routinely pull 12 - 15 zipz per cycle, ...and like i said, my shit is FAR from 'dialed in'.

...i'm still relatively new around here so i don't know where to point you like i do over at the rag, aka ICMag, but over there i'd be pointing you at a guy named 'Hundred Gram Oz' and his thread entitled something like 'A few things i've learned about coco DTW' or some such.

my point being you should maybe begin researching 'coco DTW' because i believe this would be a very easy transition for you and within very short order you should be back up and running, ...i doubt it would take long for you to begin getting very similar results.

...here's a couple pics of HGO's work in that thread just to show the kind of results HE gets.

User88729 pic640321 1301686583

User88729 pic909291 1341504453

User88729 pic862529 1333230078

User88729 pic850713 1331256115

with coco you'll be able to relax and put rootrot behind you.

peace, bozo

sedate

sedate

I gonna drop a bomb right now. I do not take credit for this
View attachment 389773
I am not saying anything else

That! Wavegem! That is a real santizing/sterilizing product. UCRoots is a tablespoon or so of that stuff diluted into a gallon of water and marked up to the 7th ring of grower hell.

high man, first off i'm sorry for your loss, at that level i'm sure you depend on your crops so a loss like this must really hurt.

with coco you'll be able to relax and put rootrot behind you.

peace, bozo

Ya man. Way ahead of ya. If you check my last post on the first page of this thread I've already switched to coco/perlite and converted my buckets to hempy's - already almost 30 days in 70perlite/30coco:

MarchPhonePics2014 036

Done with problems. I love hydro but dealing with this rot has my hair falling out. I need reliability.

Wavegem

Wavegem

I will always tell people to buy uc roots it's the right thing to do

To make solution using above product goes like this 1 gram per gal to make concentrate then 1 oz to gal of the concentrate again not my discovery

sedate

sedate

I will always tell people to buy uc roots it's the right thing to do

To make solution using above product goes like this 1 gram per gal to make concentrate then 1 oz to gal of the concentrate again not my discovery

Wavegem. Here you are telling me to make a solution chemically almost identical to UCRoots - and then in the other thread you say I need to buy it so badly it is why I lost my crop.

"read labels and feed" to this?

Huh?

I'm trying to understand your thinking process . . .

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

Ya man. Way ahead of ya. If you check my last post on the first page of this thread I've already switched to coco/perlite and converted my buckets to hempy's - already almost 30 days in 70perlite/30coco:

View attachment 389787

Done with problems. I love hydro but dealing with this rot has my hair falling out. I need reliability.

...yeah, i somehow missed that post, lol.

anyway, i'll say it again, coco IS hydro bro, and so running hempy's is just a PASSIVE form of hydro, you still feed it like hydro and you'll get similar yields, just without all the drama and the need for harsh chemicals or expensive equipment that occasionally fails.

...i suppose if you were trying to squeeze out as many grams as possible there MIGHT be an active hydro way to beat straight coco DTW but i know for a fact that there is NO active hydro method as easy and reliable as coco hempy's.

maybe next run do a couple without the perlite, i found i could do just fine with just straight coco.

...here's a couple from when i was first learning to use coco and hempy's and these yielded nearly 2zipz per plant and both were grown in 2liter Coke bottle hempys of straight coco with perlite in the bottom res and under a 400CMH inside a smallish cab.

DSCI0043

...here you can see the seperation between layers clearly.

DSCI4494

...and here is a shot showing the one on the left with hydroton AND perlite in the res, i was experimenting and learning and i have found that hydroton or grorocks, or even lava rock or gravel works at least as good in the res as perlite but without all the mess, ...i stopped using perlite altogether a bit more than 2 years ago.

DSCI4492

...anyway, i love me my coco hempy's and i'm sure you will too but if i had an op as big as yours i'd probably be running straight coco, DTW because a setup like that would be easy to automate and HGO sure seems to demonstrate in his threads that an automated setup with multiple feeds boost yields a good deal, if i remember it right it has something to do with all the oxygen that is carried to the rootzone with each watering.

anyway, phuck needing all those harsh chemicals to keep your op running, whether they be cheap or dear.

peace, bozo

namedul

namedul

I use pool shock as my sterile it's 70% and I do four 4 grams per gallon then add 2ml per gallon so far so good about 3 weeks left till I can fully check the roots

Canappa

Canappa

Sorry for your lost:(I been running a hydro system for almost 20 years I have to agree that water temps are a must. been running 62 degrees in my water and always run great white and my roots look great. what where your water temps on average?

D

DWhight Ghai

??
And I'm aerated as hell. 14 air-stones in 45-ish gallons.

^^^THIS IS YOUR PROBLEM^^^^

Air stones and air pumps do two things.
1. They push spores and bacteria from the air directly into your system
2. They pump HOT AIR into a res chamber that needs COOL LIQUID.

There are a couple of ways to help.
1. Put airpump in area with very cool air
2. Convert to RWDC/AERO with venturi draw on Aero delivery. (with res chiller)

Peace!

Pancho-N-Lefty

Pancho-N-Lefty

used the above at recommended and it stunted growth.I ran it next to TGH soil and the latter killed it .
Was I super on it with baby sitting the grow..no / did it keep the boogy man away ...yes
However im not sure i like the slower growth especially if you run hydro your running for speed not to have shit run slower than dirt. But thats just one idiots experience. Oh and this was running with ambient temps below 70 all the time. My h20 was chill chilly chill to so IDK. just sayin'.

N

noone88

I feel your pain. When I finally got rid of the UC systems in my rooms, it has made my life a billion times easier. My flower rooms get a visit every 48-72 hours. Before, in the UC rooms, it was twice a day....

KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

Hey partner I have been running hydro for a while as well iv done most all of the techs you can and I have had this exact issue before and even tho everything everyone has mentioned is necessary and proper I have one little thing that one has mention DWhite Ghai and an i agree it never happened to me again once I changed this now I am not saying that's how it will work for you but I truly feel the real problem you are having is in your air PUMP and hoses and your current stones will need to be changed there is a bacteria that will build in the pump and collect alot of dust add water and you have life if you have not found a fix yet please consider swapping ALL your air equipment not just stones and as many have also said your water pumps as well after swapping ALL new pumps and hoses and such clean again with bleach like u have and see if this does not fix your problem for good

Last edited:
Top Bottom