Endemic Root Rot and Brown Slime in dwc and rdwc, nothing helps, down 40 plants in 3 months wtf

• Thread starter sedate
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
U

ugmjfarmer

Plastic is not a solid surface. It has pits and uneven areas in the surface that hold on to and trap bacteria. Eventually, no amount of scrubbing will remove the bacteria. My suggestion, get rid of the buckets, lines, hoses and start over with a fresh system. When you switched to coco/hydroton in the same buckets the environment growing the nasty bacteria is out-competed with beneficials and the water-rich environment was removed which will likely kill the bacteria in those buckets over time, and not let it set foot on your roots while coco/hydroton is in them.

R

redlife215

Get all new buckets and lines and then add hydro sparkle to u r nutrient mix. I swear to you that it works it was a savior for me when I was running bubble buckets.

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

I feel your pain. When I finally got rid of the UC systems in my rooms, it has made my life a billion times easier. My flower rooms get a visit every 48-72 hours. Before, in the UC rooms, it was twice a day....

Based on this statement its clear you were doing it wrong ;)

But hey bro, whatever works best for you is what works best.

N

noone88

I was an early adopter of the UC systems. Uniseals, anyone?

You cannot say that UC system is easier than a soil flower room.

fatboi79

fatboi79

NUTES!! your nutes are the problem! had the same problem, using the same setup(DWC) and regimen for years then all of a sudden leaves start to yellow, roots become dark and slimy! plants not eating and all the leaves turn yellow and crop dies!! I lost several crops!! i switched every fucken thing, air lines, air pumps, air stones, growing containers! drowning the res with h202 and it wasn't helping shit. my temps were similar to yours, in the beginning i was using pure blend pro, then switched to advanced nutrients organic line, YUP i was running organic in DWC. worked like a charm for a while, then disaster struck, switched to a full synthetic nute and all my root problems were gone!! with your temps you cant use anything organic, pure blend pro is a natural and organic blend nutrient. i now use advanced nutes sensi and the connoisseur line. haven't had root issues since, hope this helps bruh!!

dexfarm

dexfarm

I tried 3 runs with the undercurrent, got a handle on it but always ended up with the dreaded slime making a comeback.
Maybe it was me, the environment or possibly the system ...either way, gave up cold.

Bowski

Bowski

I know after reading this I'm thinking of going the coco route. Im wanting to expand and grow more plants and be able to move them around the rooms, it seems it would help being in soil...just saying, cause I dont really know anything...lol

S

Scuba420

Clean system and buy some colrine from pool store run system with colrine and no plants for couple days should kill everything flush system after refill with plants

F

FooDoo

I was an early adopter of the UC systems. Uniseals, anyone?

You cannot say that UC system is easier than a soil flower room.

I can. With under current I never have to lift any weight. With bagged soil, pots, and plants in soil pots, all that heavy weight, lifting, bending over, and carrying takes its toll day in and day out.

Soil grows are much much much more physically demanding than UC. So if someone has more muscles than they do brains, I'd agree that soil is much easier than hydro .

Also watering those soil pots. Feeding those soil pots. Making sure you let soil dry out a little between waterings. Making sure you don't over water or under water. Making sure yiu do the feed-water-water-feed schedule. Possible bugs that made it in the soil. Gnats..thrips. Etc

Uc you set it up once and never take it apart again. You never move anything. You never water by hand. You plant a clone and basically are hands off until harvest. All you have to focus on is doing add backs of nutes into the epi center which takes 5 minutes tops. Yiu can sit in a lawn chair while u wait for the system to mix

I think I could go on all day

F

FooDoo

Damn it... you've just about got me convinced. :eek:

I have no clue what the trade off would be. I have grown soil and hydro. Generally speaking, with hydro my growth is faster, system cleaner, easier to use, and yeilds much bigger.

I however never ran same clone side by side with one in hydro and the other in soil so I don't know what the exact trade off would be one structure, smell, taste, potency etc

S

Scuba420

If i get 2 pounds per 1000 watt in promix scrogged how much better could dwc really yeild ?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I have no clue what the trade off would be. I have grown soil and hydro. Generally speaking, with hydro my growth is faster, system cleaner, easier to use, and yeilds much bigger.

I however never ran same clone side by side with one in hydro and the other in soil so I don't know what the exact trade off would be one structure, smell, taste, potency etc
I detest growing indoors, for a few reasons. Not the least of which is the permanent population of fungus gnats. Yet, for whatever reason they're nonexistent when I use perlite as a medium.

Also, I've had fish on my brain the past couple of weeks, HARD, and the way you wrote that up got me thinking about my old reef tanks and stuff. I loved doing the reef tanks.

Oh, and that whole bit about setting it up and not having to move a thing? THAT was what really got me, because my back and knees can really put a damper on good indoor husbandry. Just the idea of it alone, ya know?

How would I marry that with my organic ideals? I'm not sure, and right now I'm not about to try, but I love the whole concept of growing smarter, not harder.

Bombnes

Bombnes

out of curiosity are you growing the same strand you have always grown in this system? If you picked up a new strain could be they really don't like the PH lvl. I had G13 and WiFi running together and the G13 got root rot but the WiFi thrived. Funny thing is the root rot only affected the G13.

login

login

I will always tell people to buy uc roots it's the right thing to do

To make solution using above product goes like this 1 gram per gal to make concentrate then 1 oz to gal of the concentrate again not my discovery
Uc roots with a chiller, UV and RO filters did nothing to stop brown slime from taking hold in a brand new UC system I just setup.

plumsmooth

plumsmooth

?? I've been top feeding sterile for weeks and things have gotten worse.

I've tried pure peroxide baths for days. Improvement for 72-hours then it explodes back again.

I will definately start cleaning with bleach - I did use a shitload of physan20 but here we are still....

Ya rez temps are good. I'm hovering at 68 - 70 and peak at 72 for a couple of hours before lights off. Anyway, like I said in the post I froze gallon RO water ice blocks for awhile to keep it below 70 (actually it was hovering around 64ish) but that didn't help at all.

And I'm aerated as hell. 14 air-stones in 45-ish gallons.

UC Roots? That looks like super expensive chlorine...?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypochlorous_acid
This is scaring me. All the bennies should not allow rot to ever happen if they are working, no? Hydroguard at maximum does. Great White may have the same species of Bacillus?

Top Bottom