Ethos "Cookies" - a limited edition release

• Thread starter sshz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
sshz

sshz

Sulfer dust is particularly nasty, as it’s so fine. But it stinks too. I do all my mixing outside, wear clothes, gloves, mask, etc. and take everything off and wash it when finished. You are also supposed to stay out of the room/tent for 24 hours after dusting or spraying.

sshz

sshz

This stuff looks really nice with some amazing colors........ zoom in!

D8F6F409 DC11 4147 BA12 F0A1F9A01E47

Yurfutur1

Yurfutur1

Sulfer dust is particularly nasty, as it’s so fine. But it stinks too. I do all my mixing outside, wear clothes, gloves, mask, etc. and take everything off and wash it when finished. You are also supposed to stay out of the room/tent for 24 hours after dusting or spraying.
Yeah, I got that information late, but now I know better. Learning is half the battle. It will never happen again you can bet that. And I will continue using sulfur dust. I think it's amazing what it can do.

sshz

sshz

Happy to say everything is now in tupperware, being burped numerous times each day and left open overnight. As of an hour ago, I had 57 oz., but I expect as it continues to dry I'll lose another 5 or 6 oz. But I'm happy with anything over 3 lbs., only because I expected it to be a lot less.

I haven't smoked since the scissor hash, but I'll get around to it over the weekend for a final report.

Yurfutur1

Yurfutur1

Happy to say everything is now in tupperware, being burped numerous times each day and left open overnight. As of an hour ago, I had 57 oz., but I expect as it continues to dry I'll lose another 5 or 6 oz. But I'm happy with anything over 3 lbs., only because I expected it to be a lot less.

I haven't smoked since the scissor hash, but I'll get around to it over the weekend for a final report.
How many plants was it?

sshz

sshz

But remember, 6 of the plants were an Ethos freebie- LemonOG Haze X Cookies. So only 18 straight "Cookies"............... I'm actually more interested in smoking the LemonOG Haze hybrid than the straight Cookies strain. These were easily identifiable in the end- better yielder with spear shaped buds. The Cookies has "flat-top" buds.......... I'll enclose some pic's of both in a few days when I start packaging it all up.

Yurfutur1

Yurfutur1

But remember, 6 of the plants were an Ethos freebie- LemonOG Haze X Cookies. So only 18 straight "Cookies"............... I'm actually more interested in smoking the LemonOG Haze hybrid than the straight Cookies strain. These were easily identifiable in the end- better yielder with spear shaped buds. The Cookies has "flat-top" buds.......... I'll enclose some pic's of both in a few days when I start packaging it all up.
That's a large return for only 2,000 Watts.

sshz

sshz

I normally get to around 4 1/2 lbs each crop so this strain (a well known poor yielder) was below norm. I only grew it because Ethos said it was a beast yielder, which is full of shit. It’s the second time it’s happened- I expect a monster yield and it’s not there in the end. Ethos strain descriptions have a lot of bull in them, they are more a marketing ploy that accurate.

Last edited:
sshz

sshz

Ended up with 55 oz., as it's all packaged now. Not bad, quite a bit better than I thought. The LemonOG Haze X Cookies helped quite a bit as the straight Cookies yielded between 1 oz and 1 3/4 oz a plant- I don't think any of them hit 2 oz.

Smoke report will follow down the road at some point but if you grow these- don't top them and a 40 day veg might be about right to secure a better output. But top to bottom, they have a great bag appeal and put off a delicious, sweet smell and taste.

sshz

sshz

Final smoke report.................

To be fair, I haven't seriously smoked in about 3 months, while fighting this chronic sinusitis thing. Maybe a resin hit here or there, but 99% less than I've been smoking for the last 40 years or so.

So I picked a very nice piece of bud, totally encrusted with resin with loads of color, mainly reds, rusts and oranges. The bud was hard as a rock, but dried perfectly if I may add. I loaded up the Roor with a small bowl and took 1 hit. It's about 10 minutes later now and the heady buzz has come on strongly. And is building. I'm pretty relaxed too. The buzz is more in the head and temples than the eyes. My head feels like it's being squeezed too above the ears..........I'm actually surprised how strong it is.

So the strain appears very stable, I haven't found 1 seed anywhere. Nor did I see any male parts on any of the plants. The weight averaged about 1 1/2 oz per plant- below average for me so it's not a great yielder. I went 68 days total or 69 days for the plants I didn't cut the 1st day. But from top to bottom, the plants finished nicely with VERY LITTLE WASTE on the plants (if any). Overall bag appeal is at the top of the scale. And the "sweet" taste and smell is very present in the room and on my tongue.

So, let's give Ethos some credit on this one. Not in my top 3, but maybe top 4 or 5 of theirs. I've had nothing but great reports from everyone......actually raves. People are paying way more for this quality in dispensaries, I probably sold it too cheap and I get a lot for my stuff- that's why people give me seeds (lol).

It's about 40 minutes later now, still nicely baked with less head buzz and more body to it. I feel good, I'm relaxed with not much energy to do anything other than type on the computer and watch tv. Happy with it overall, a solid "B".

Onto the Archive Seed "Light Speed" thread, say hi over there moving forward. Thanks everyone for an enjoyable thread.

P.S......one more thing. I will get around to doing a smoke report on the LemonOG Haze X Cookies strain, that was grown in the room too. But it will be posted in the Light Speed thread, as I'm growing it again to take advantage of it's yield.

Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

And a lb. still drying in its tupperware..........

View attachment 950351
Hey SSHZ Nice to see another old timer on here doing these journals , I followed you on RIU did an Inzanity grow after seeing your posts , got a killer pheno , very heavy , strong sweet fruity smell and taste , greasy as hell to, been growing for many many years , one of the better ones I seen in awhile for seed.

sshz

sshz

Hey Dr.Green.........thanks for stopping by. Yup, Zsweet Inzanity was a really nice strain. Solid yield too, I got 66 oz. out of the room on that one- one of my highest yielders. I'd say try the Ethos Chem OG too, but it appears sold out and gone forever. Ethos should be paying me royalties.......LOL

Regarding our ages, the wife keeps asking me when I'm going to stop growing. I told her when I'm 6 ft. under. She wasn't happy with my answer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom