Ethos "Cookies" - a limited edition release

• Thread starter sshz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
sshz

sshz

I can only help with what I know....the strains I know for a fact from Ethos that put off hermies are:

1. anything with the Gorilla Glue #4 in it (they use it in many, many strains)

2. Rainmaker

3. Purple Reign

4. Glittlez

5. Golden Cookies

My Citral Glue put off loads of pollen, the Zsweet Inzanity put off just a smidgen, only a few seeds were found in 4+ lbs. There are numerous others I know of too- but I don't want to give out bad info either. All you have to do is go to RIU or the Ethos thread here or numerous other places and you'll see all the complaints. OR, do a google search with "Ethos Genetics and Hermies" and read all the posts that show up.

But know that many strains will hermie as a defense mechanism if you let them go long enough........this ensures the plant will produce seed for the next growing season- nature's miracle.

sshz

sshz

So, this thread is winding down. Today, Sunday, is day 61 in flowering. I have cut 1 plant so far, the most well done plant in the room of 24. I may have gotten 1 oz. of her total. Most of the rest of the Cookies are nearly done, they could probably be cut at anytime and would be fine. I'm thinking I'll wait til Tues., 9 weeks exactly and chop everything that appears ready. It looks like all the other Cookies I've seen- flat top cola's, nice resin production, "sweet" smell, dense buds and below average yielder. I probably did the room no favors by pinching/fimming- if you do these, let them alone and you'll get a better yield. It's just one of those strains that didn't react well to it I'm thinking.

Now, let's talk about the 6 LemonOG Kush X Cookies freebies I accidently put in the room too. I can't speak of the quality of the buzz- I have not smoked anything out of the room, nor have I smoked in the last 6-7 weeks or so- the longest period I've gone in 40+ years. So I can't comment on the buzz of either strain (yet). But these look better than the regular Cookies. They are 7-10 days behind in being done- but they have a much better yield, better resin production, and just look better overall. They also reacted better to the pinching I did a week before flowering was initiated.

Not long now..........

sshz

sshz

This was the first bud cut 4 days ago, definitely dry enough to smoke. When the heat runs in the house (it's been colder here the last few days), things dry pretty quick without any additional help from me (fans, heater, etc.). At this point, only 3 plants have been cut and I'm waiting for the room lights to come on to cut a few more today, which is day 62 in flowering.

IMG 1645

BigCube

BigCube

Yeah, I dont buy seeds off of pollen chuckers. If I'm going to spend money on something, it's not going to be some rando's pollen party.

I'd be embarrassed charging money for random pollen chucking. Wouldn't want my name attached to unreliable, inconsistent swill.

sshz

sshz

4th plant cut now.....I smoked a bowl of scissor hash about 1/2 hour ago. First thing is the sweetness comes thru nicely in the smoke, the buzz is uplifting and right now, all in the head and eyes. I'll take a shower shortly to clear the cobwebs out and then re-evaluate the buzz before lunch. But for now, mild and nice with some mood enhancement. Potency though, and it may be premature- is only "OK". I think this one will be all about taste and smell, not so much strength. Let's now see how long it lasts.

sshz

sshz

So, I did one decent hit of the hash this morning, and coughed for a bit since it's been so long since I've smoked. It lasted a good, long time- even thru the shower and lunch. I'd even say I mildly still felt it about 4+ hours later. The final yield on the first cut plant (and also the smallest plant in the room) yielded approx. 1 1/2 oz, better than I thought. Early on, I'm pleased. I haven't found any male parts anywhere in the room either which is nice so both these seem pretty stable.

sshz

sshz

Correction: the freebie strain I did 6 of this time (and started a few in case I need them next time) is:

LemonOG Haze X Cookies #16 This is exactly what's on the vial.

I was putting Kush in instead of Haze.......... I looked today and saw my mistake. These are a bit behind the Cookies but look great and I'll put up a pic when they are chopped- much better yielder too.

sshz

sshz

Just a quick smoke report.......I was heading out to the dump and the store, thought I'd load a glass pipe with a bit of the Cookies (bud, not hash) and take a hit or two before leaving. It's still not fully dried so take that into consideration but it's quite good and tasty- very sativa like and buzzy- all felt in the head and eyes. Not bad actually at this point.

Yurfutur1

Yurfutur1

Just a quick smoke report.......I was heading out to the dump and the store, thought I'd load a glass pipe with a bit of the Cookies (bud, not hash) and take a hit or two before leaving. It's still not fully dried so take that into consideration but it's quite good and tasty- very sativa like and buzzy- all felt in the head and eyes. Not bad actually at this point.
What do you use to dump for?

sshz

sshz

Lol.....I live in a rural area of Maryland and we do not have trash pickup. So I have a local dump about a mile away where I have to take my trash to dispose of it. I think you were looking for a different kind of answer so sorry to disappoint. Lol

Yurfutur1

Yurfutur1

Lol.....I live in a rural area of Maryland and we do not have trash pickup. So I have a local dump about a mile away where I have to take my trash to dispose of it. I think you were looking for a different kind of answer so sorry to disappoint. Lol
No I was just wondering why you had to go to the dump. I've only been once in my life and it's nothing that I want to do on a repeated basis. They're not common in Texas anymore they're always like in small towns look country towns that we don't never see sometimes you'll be driving by and you smell it.

sshz

sshz

Well, there's dumps and then there's dumps. This is just a very small one, for the locals only......and everything is placed in dumpsters and hauled away daily. It never gets smelly, they wash everything down regularly, as it's in a residential/farm area. The kind of dump you are talking about is about 20 miles away, more a landfill than a dump where it all ends up I suppose. I could pay to have someone pick up the trash once or twice a week- some neighbors do- but it gets me out of the house and I usually follow up with some errands anyway. I actually like it because it's where i dump my plants, trimmings, etc. which can get really smelly at times. The dirt I reuse on the lawn, the root ball, plants and dead material get put in super heavy trash bags and I personally throw them into the dumpsters. It's just safer that way.

sshz

sshz

My last report before the complete harvest......so far, I've chopped 6 of the 24 plants yielding around 11 oz total give or take. 2 of the plants yielded just an oz though, the earliest and smallest ones. I think I will average over 2 oz each for the remaining 18 plants. The plan is to cut everything on Sunday, hopefully get it all done in one long day of cutting. It should take around 11-12 hours total I'm guessing. I'll give a full report in a week or so after that, but I expect to end up with between 44-48 oz total, all of it looking pretty damn good. With the heat running in the house, mold isn't an issue and it all dried pretty quickly in the basement. The smoke is mostly sativa, not overly potent but pretty good, with an interesting semi-sweet flavor and smell. The couple of times I tried it, and hour or two later I had to take a quick nap which is always a good sign.

Below is a pic of around 8 oz basically dried, just burping the tupperware once or twice a day. Some of the tops purpled, as you can see. It's not something I'd do again, because the overall weight has been a disappointment, but not a bad "Cookie" if that's what you're after. More when I can report on final weight and an after-cure smoke.
IMG 1161

Yurfutur1

Yurfutur1

My last report before the complete harvest......so far, I've chopped 6 of the 24 plants yielding around 11 oz total give or take. 2 of the plants yielded just an oz though, the earliest and smallest ones. I think I will average over 2 oz each for the remaining 18 plants. The plan is to cut everything on Sunday, hopefully get it all done in one long day of cutting. It should take around 11-12 hours total I'm guessing. I'll give a full report in a week or so after that, but I expect to end up with between 44-48 oz total, all of it looking pretty damn good. With the heat running in the house, mold isn't an issue and it all dried pretty quickly in the basement. The smoke is mostly sativa, not overly potent but pretty good, with an interesting semi-sweet flavor and smell. The couple of times I tried it, and hour or two later I had to take a quick nap which is always a good sign.

Below is a pic of around 8 oz basically dried, just burping the tupperware once or twice a day. Some of the tops purpled, as you can see. It's not something I'd do again, because the overall weight has been a disappointment, but not a bad "Cookie" if that's what you're after. More when I can report on final weight and an after-cure smoke.View attachment 947710
I hope to one day be able to do half as good as you

Yurfutur1

Yurfutur1

THCFarmer - Cannabis Cultivation Network
General Gardening
Cutting your losses and

•••
Yurfutur1
Yurfutur1
3 minutes ago
Add bookmark
Recently I had a scare that I had a possible infestation of. I panicked I ran to Lowe's Home Depot orchid all trying to figure out what could I buy that would cure russet mites. It was a blessing that it wasn't caused by Russell mites I did not have an infestation, but toxcity issue from feeding the plants a 1550 PPM nutrient solution for their second feeding. That's gear taught me two things. First I was unprepared 4 an infestation and secondly I didn't employ p.m. into my grow leaving myself open for an infestation.
That night when I ran off to those stores I ended up buying like $170 worth of insecticides middle sizing you know different things and also bought powerful magnifying glasses loops and things of that sort to see real good.
Now 4 days I've been have a nice touch of my plants under a microscope looking at him believes the soil everything. And I learned that even if it hadn't been an infestation they cause my leaves to look like that then it would have happened in a couple of weeks while I'd be in flowering cycle, which would have been a real headache to attempt to cure.
Before anyone sent me a message I had no idea I've just thrashing all the plants because I had had trouble out of them from the onset. The only good thing about them was a germinated in 2 days and they will all female. But from stretching is to having a steak I mean just baby on the whole past five six weeks was Daunting to think that I would have to do that the whole life cycle. So when I receive response services from a few of the growers on this page telling me to trash and start a new I was for sure that that's what I needed to do. But then here comes my cape and I decide that I need the experience of trying to save them just in case. I spent hours on the first couple of plants washing a leaves with a sponge pickin little things I seen off and didn't realize to me I need to dump this because even if I manage to save one it would be da
Thanks for the kind words Yur.........
Thanks for sharing your knowledge and your grows. Do you know anything about fighting an infestation inside of your house. There's a number of different insects

Yurfutur1

Yurfutur1

THCFarmer - Cannabis Cultivation Network
General Gardening
Cutting your losses and

•••
Yurfutur1
Yurfutur1
3 minutes ago
Add bookmark
Recently I had a scare that I had a possible infestation of. I panicked I ran to Lowe's Home Depot orchid all trying to figure out what could I buy that would cure russet mites. It was a blessing that it wasn't caused by Russell mites I did not have an infestation, but toxcity issue from feeding the plants a 1550 PPM nutrient solution for their second feeding. That's gear taught me two things. First I was unprepared 4 an infestation and secondly I didn't employ p.m. into my grow leaving myself open for an infestation.
That night when I ran off to those stores I ended up buying like $170 worth of insecticides middle sizing you know different things and also bought powerful magnifying glasses loops and things of that sort to see real good.
Now 4 days I've been have a nice touch of my plants under a microscope looking at him believes the soil everything. And I learned that even if it hadn't been an infestation they cause my leaves to look like that then it would have happened in a couple of weeks while I'd be in flowering cycle, which would have been a real headache to attempt to cure.
Before anyone sent me a message I had no idea I've just thrashing all the plants because I had had trouble out of them from the onset. The only good thing about them was a germinated in 2 days and they will all female. But from stretching is to having a steak I mean just baby on the whole past five six weeks was Daunting to think that I would have to do that the whole life cycle. So when I receive response services from a few of the growers on this page telling me to trash and start a new I was for sure that that's what I needed to do. But then here comes my cape and I decide that I need the experience of trying to save them just in case. I spent hours on the first couple of plants washing a leaves with a sponge pickin little things I seen off and didn't realize to me I need to dump this because even if I manage to save one it would be da

Thanks for sharing your knowledge and your grows. Do you know anything about fighting an infestation inside of your house. There's a number of different insects
If you all don't hear from me in a couple hours that means I'm probably dead or in the hospital because I'm mixing sulfur dust, diatomaceous earth, bleach, , , bed bug killer, deltamethrin, dishwashing liquid and water together. I'm about to spray everything down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom