Ethos Genetics "Apex".....

• Thread starter sshz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
sshz

sshz

This is a continuation of a grow originally posted on RIU.......after 10 years of posting there, I'm moving back here to escape the daily crap given to posters by their mod's.

So after a 28 day veg period, the pic's below were taken today, day 50 in flowering. Supposedly a 9 week strain, this is the most done plant in the room- and probably ready within the next few days. This strain is a hybrid of Lilac Diesel X Mandarin Cookies, and some remarkable smells and flavors prevail thru all the pheno's- sweet and lemon on the diesel side, fuel, grapefruit and orange on the Cookie side. Everyone who sees this mentions how the resin is "caked" throughout the buds.......

Ethos genetics apex
Ethos genetics apex 2

Skidmarx

Skidmarx

Hi Sshz, followed you over! ThcF getting the business end of this run! Impressive as always. Happy Easter

sshz

sshz

Hey Skid......thanks. I can't post anymore over at RIU, so all my threads will die, so u know.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
10 years at RIU???? Wow! What are they putting in the water over there lol
I didn’t last a week. It I call people out on their bs, especially the mods at RIU.

sshz

sshz

Well, I was here long before that and posted under a different name (I think).............I had friends over there already so it made it more convenient. I got in trouble in a politics thread, as they delete all comments they disagree with, which is bullshit. I called them out on it numerous times, and finally got fed up with that crap. Mainly though, I had a lot of followers and wanted to make sure they knew they could find me here.

Skidmarx

Skidmarx

Impeccable! Colours to dye for. The flush, straight H20 or molasses?

sshz

sshz

Actually, I've been feeding these up to this point, so a quick flush (3 days) is necessary so I use Clearex- 2 teaspoons per gallon of water for 3 days in a row. Clearex is only 4% citric acid, which break down the salt so it can flush out. I am planning on doing some molasses, but wanted to get these early plants out of the way.

J

joshuabarsby

Nice plants mate, ive just finished my first crop and thanks to guys like you sharing information goes a long way for new comers, im new to the site but i have always came here to look at advice of what people give out, and its fair to say the results are insane, my ak48 plants are looking absolutley beautiful and by looking at your plants i started giving mine the 24-48 hour darkness process but i should of left it another day because i had a few of milky hairs left on one or 2 plants but the other 2 look exactly the same as yours so i thought it wouldnt hurt if i done them all together ? Am i right or am i wrong lol

sshz

sshz

Everyone uses different signals as to when they think their plants are done. As much as I use trichrome color, I want to see every friggin hair dried up and gone, except maybe a few at the very top of the cola’s. With that though, a day or two here or there won’t have much impact on the overall quality at the end I’m guessing.

Skidmarx

Skidmarx

I understood the stigma on certain strains (White widow) always stay white. Anyone else hear of that?

sshz

sshz

Yup.......I've heard of strains not turning too. Just like some sativa's trichomes won't ever amber up in color. What i remember about the W.W.'s I've done, is the stigma's were longer and thicker than I've seen in other strains.

Skidmarx

Skidmarx

Yup.......I've heard of strains not turning too. Just like some sativa's trichomes won't ever amber up in color. What i remember about the W.W.'s I've done, is the stigma's were longer and thicker than I've seen in other strains.
...back to Apex, I read smell was between grapefruit lemon & fuel. How BAD are the fuel one smelling?

sshz

sshz

Here's what I've read......the sativa leaning pheno's (Diesel) smell like candy or lemon. The Mandarin Cookies pheno's have a grapefruit, orange or fuel smell. I would say at this point the Diesel is dominant in the strain. To be honest, I haven't smoke it or done much in the room to notice anything specific. I do not get any hints of gas or fuel right now, mostly it's just a sweetness with some lemon tart in there. I'll start chopping a few by the weekend, that may enlighten me a bit more and I'll let you know.

B

budgrower01

This is a continuation of a grow originally posted on RIU.......after 10 years of posting there, I'm moving back here to escape the daily crap given to posters by their mod's.

So after a 28 day veg period, the pic's below were taken today, day 50 in flowering. Supposedly a 9 week strain, this is the most done plant in the room- and probably ready within the next few days. This strain is a hybrid of Lilac Diesel X Mandarin Cookies, and some remarkable smells and flavors prevail thru all the pheno's- sweet and lemon on the diesel side, fuel, grapefruit and orange on the Cookie side. Everyone who sees this mentions how the resin is "caked" throughout the buds.......

View attachment 866836View attachment 866837
is this DWC?
The Apex heavy feeder? Finicky?
Wow, looks great!

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Well, I was here long before that and posted under a different name (I think).............I had friends over there already so it made it more convenient. I got in trouble in a politics thread, as they delete all comments they disagree with, which is bullshit. I called them out on it numerous times, and finally got fed up with that crap. Mainly though, I had a lot of followers and wanted to make sure they knew they could find me here.
:)
  1. Threads or posts pertaining to religious or political discussions meant to incite or flame others will be closed and/or deleted. THCFarmer is an international site attracting members from a multitude of religious and political backgrounds, so in favor of harmony and unity, rather than division, it is best to stay on the topic of this site... cannabis. There is a forum for law/politics as it pertains to cannabis.

sshz

sshz

This is not DWC, just plain Pro-Mix, lime and perlite in 4 gallon pots- 24 plants in the room under two 1000 watt HP's. I am all organic, using fertilizers from Botanicare. R.O. water, 10ml Cal/Mag with every gallon. Everything is hand watered every 2-3 days.

The Apex was an easy grow, keeping the ppm around 850-900 at its highest point. 6.2-6.3 pH ALWAYS.

Still not sure it's a "beast-mode" yielder like Ethos claims though, to me it would not appear to be a heavy yielder. Normal for me is 2 lbs. a light, this appears short of that by a wide margin. They also said a 9 week flowering strain, but I have 6 plants that are basically done at 8 weeks. The rest should be done right around 9 weeks or so.

It will all come down to the buzz, and I can't comment on that just yet...........but they do look great, every plant!

If you are looking for my suggestions from Ethos, check out their Zsweet Inzanity or Chem OG.

B

budgrower01

This is not DWC, just plain Pro-Mix, lime and perlite in 4 gallon pots- 24 plants in the room under two 1000 watt HP's. I am all organic, using fertilizers from Botanicare. R.O. water, 10ml Cal/Mag with every gallon. Everything is hand watered every 2-3 days.

The Apex was an easy grow, keeping the ppm around 850-900 at its highest point. 6.2-6.3 pH ALWAYS.

Still not sure it's a "beast-mode" yielder like Ethos claims though, to me it would not appear to be a heavy yielder. Normal for me is 2 lbs. a light, this appears short of that by a wide margin. They also said a 9 week flowering strain, but I have 6 plants that are basically done at 8 weeks. The rest should be done right around 9 weeks or so.

It will all come down to the buzz, and I can't comment on that just yet...........but they do look great, every plant!

If you are looking for my suggestions from Ethos, check out their Zsweet Inzanity or Chem OG.
Thank you, great info that will certainly help me complete a decent grow.
I normally run ph 6.5 but will try dropping it down to 6.3 next run.

sshz

sshz

If you are growing in pro-mix, 6.2-6.3 is ideal........then the last few weeks of flowering you can let the pH rise slightly to 6.4-6.5 to reduce Nitrogen uptake by the plants.

I also continue to use veg fertilizer the first 2 weeks of flowering, then a 50/50 mix of veg/bloom the next 4 weeks, then straight bloom for 1-2 weeks and then plain water til the end. This helps stop the plants yellowing too early in flowering, keeping them healthier late in flowering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom