• Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
I have a good friend who has T.B. to win the NFC for $500 at 8-1 odds.......... but they are calling for snow and a high of 30 degrees gametime, which surely works against them. I just don't see Green Bay losing this game at home.
I’ve got more than that riding on the them winning outright. But to have greenbay -10 is just crazy. They must be high on rec weed. I’ve done my research and more than a handful including Brady have played in the snow. Bucs D is on 🔥 and last time out Rogers threw 2 or 3 picks. My money is still on the Bucs baby. Happy grows.

sshz

sshz

Yes, they use their Ethos Cookies #16 in a lot of their stuff. It was good, but I think the yield was off where I expected it to be- I’d have to go back and read the thread.

_VLAD_

_VLAD_

I personally dont mind the read as thats all ive been doing for the past 2 weeks, im new so my opinion may not carry as much weight but I agree with the rest of the folks.

As far as ethos cookies I believe I bought some of that in wax form from Herbology in Detroit. I tried to research the strain to see what I was getting but never could find much info. Overall I wasnt impressed but I also ordered one of the cheaper brand waxes they had and chucked it up to that being the problem.

sshz

sshz

I went back and looked at the thread......... I think I got 55 or 56 oz, which was very disappointing as Ethos stated it was a monster yielder. But the shit was danky............ as with all my grows, just google "sshz and Ethos Cookies" and it will show up.

IMG 1656

Last edited:
sshz

sshz

And when people come on and say it's taken them 2 weeks to read a thread............ that's the point. One of the reasons I start a thread each crop is to make them easier to get thru. Maybe one of these threads I'll make it all "pictorial"- no words, just pic's?

Kylesidious

Kylesidious

I had some of those and gifted them to Dr Gruber (Dr. GreenThumb's tester in Canada)........... I think he grew out two, one of them hermied. If I'm not mistaken, I've read similar issues by others too with that strain and anything made with it. Point being, pay close attention the first couple of weeks in flowering. It's one of my knocks about Ethos- some of their stuff hermies, and nothing has reached their posted THC levels and the owner is an ass. Other than that though, things are peachy.

He's on RIU, you may want to ask him about them. Tell him I sent you.
I actually did do research on this strain and I do have to say that I've seen you comment on other peoples threads even years ago making these claims back in 2019. I can see that you've been growing Ethos stuff for a while but even on the posts I've seen you mention these claims I've seen tons more people posting positive results with the Ethos strain grows.

sshz

sshz

Well, I guess you'll just have to grow them out and make your own decisions Bucko......... but my point remains- I was the first guy to really start posting heavily on their stuff and I've read tons of negative reviews so I guess it depends on where you look. Either way, good luck with it.

But I will make a bet with you......... show me one THC analysis that hits the stated THC level they advertise on the seed packets. I, as opposed to you- have seen at least 10 of them and not one hit the mark, nor got near it. So, much of my disappointment comes from lower THC levels than expected and lower yields than expected.

So, you spend $100 for a pack of 6 seeds and don't end up where you expected to be. Am I supposed to be happy with them? You, maybe..... me, no.

Kylesidious

Kylesidious

Well, I guess you'll just have to grow them out and make your own decisions Bucko......... but my point remains- I was the first guy to really start posting heavily on their stuff and I've read tons of negative reviews so I guess it depends on where you look. Either way, good luck with it.

But I will make a bet with you......... show me one THC analysis that hits the stated THC level they advertise on the seed packets. I, as opposed to you- have seen at least 10 of them and not one hit the mark, nor got near it. So, much of my disappointment comes from lower THC levels than expected and lower yields than expected.

So, you spend $100 for a pack of 6 seeds and don't end up where you expected to be. Am I supposed to be happy with them? You, maybe..... me, no.
Gotcha - I'm a little less concerned about the THC levels being high and I'm more concerned about getting one keeper out of the 10 seeds I purchased. If I can get one nice pheno out of the 10 then I'll be happy with my purchase. That should be a fair ask..... should I be disappointed based on that expectation? @sshz

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Gotcha - I'm a little less concerned about the THC levels being high and I'm more concerned about getting one keeper out of the 10 seeds I purchased. If I can get one nice pheno out of the 10 then I'll be happy with my purchase. That should be a fair ask..... should I be disappointed based on that expectation? @sshz
I mean, assuming you’re popping fem seeds, wouldn’t all phenos be of the same variation? Why would you have to hunt a fem pack? Or is that just S1 fems?

Kylesidious

Kylesidious

I mean, assuming you’re popping fem seeds, wouldn’t all phenos be of the same variation? Why would you have to hunt a fem pack? Or is that just S1 fems?
Well - I wasn't planning on buying the pack to hunt for a pheno.... I didn't realize the hermie issue until this thread and if that's the case I'm just going to hope for the best. I don't know how these seeds are produced so I can't comment on the exact type of seed.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Well - I wasn't planning on buying the pack to hunt for a pheno.... I didn't realize the hermie issue until this thread and if that's the case I'm just going to hope for the best. I don't know how these seeds are produced so I can't comment on the exact type of seed.
Just remember, hermie issues are almost 100% grower error. Light leaks are a bogus excuse for poor gardening.

sshz

sshz

That's absolutely untrue......... a perfect example is Gorilla Glue (G.G. #4). It's well known to throw off hermies in the hybrid's it's in. Many breeders even tell you in their description to expect them. I could give you many other examples too. Stress, light leaks, temps, poor health and numerous things contribute but I would say genetics is the most common cause. I'd say it's closer to 50-50.......

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
That's absolutely untrue......... a perfect example is Gorilla Glue (G.G. #4). It's well known to throw off hermies in the hybrid's it's in. Many breeders even tell you in their description to expect them. I could give you many other examples too. Stress, light leaks, temps, poor health and numerous things contribute but I would say genetics is the most common cause. I'd say it's closer to 50-50.......
Yeah you’re actually right. Sorry was quick to answer.. but I’ve heard numerous growers blame it only on their light leaks. Hermie due to light leaks I feel is poor breeding and/or improper stress testing.

Madmax

Madmax

And when people come on and say it's taken them 2 weeks to read a thread............ that's the point. One of the reasons I start a thread each crop is to make them easier to get thru. Maybe one of these threads I'll make it all "pictorial"- no words, just pic's?
I have heaps of books like that 😂😂..

Seriously... imagine all the pms youd get asking a gazillion questions about this n that ..id b like.. fockoff 😃..

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
If someone is sitting there reading through a long thread like that, they must be interested and stay interested. I would say it ain't broke, so no need to fix it. It's not like people don't know how to skip around if they just want to find out what happens at the end and if they are just looking for pics of the room, again, most people have fast enough internet that it's easy to just skip to the next page if you aren't interested in the discussion.

sshz

sshz

I pulled all the little sprouts out tonight.......quite a few had a healthy tap root going on so I’m guessing things would have improved eventually. But I’m confident I made the correct decision in the long run- they just didn’t appear to be vigorous. The Candy Store seeds were started this morning, they’ll be ready in a few days to bury.

The Phresh filter arrives tomorrow and that will have to be installed- I guess that’s next up. I went with an 8 inch instead of a 10 inch and will add a flange to the fan. Its still way more than was recommended on the Phresh website. It’s only 24 inches long so it shouldn’t be too tough to hang properly. I’ll put a pic up when it’s completed.

GreyHairedDevil76

GreyHairedDevil76

First of all thanks for these threads. I came across a post of yours in a different forum that I used to frequent but has changed for the worse. I followed you over here to see some new leds in action. Boy did I hit the jackpot. Read till I was out of guest page views. Signed up and dove right in. Love all the details about every aspect of the grow. Great info and great vibes. Please don’t change a thing. If reading a thread is too much work for a grower I doubt they will be up for putting in the work it takes to grow quality flowers. I have a fair amount of experience growing and found this to be a interesting and informative read and a great walkthrough for a novice grower. Kudos on a job well done and keep up the good work.
-GHD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom