• Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I’m assuming you mean both strains under the hps.......... the Inzanity yielded better but that’s not fair because I threw away so much larf of the Zombie. Overall though, I’d say the Inzanity is a slightly better yielder in the long run.
I actually meant comparing the led to the hps. Like which plants yield better. We have numbers that give the obvious answer but just by "feel" i look at that pic and compare and the canopy for the sweet zombie is just....bud.

Kinda like the spectrums themselves lol
Screenshot 20210216 1117582

Screenshot 20210216 111829

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Looking at that blue heavy spectrum of the new gavita led supplemental red bars would likely bring enough red back for some stretch and maybe more branching.

but again. Thats if you really feel anything needs improving @sshz

sshz

sshz

I’m thinking more about down the line of using the hps’s With the led’s dimmed to 50%........ if I hit over 100 oz for the 3rd time, which i‘m pretty confident I will, I may just need to put this nonsense to bed and leave it be. There is a point somewhere when, maybe other than adding co2- it won't get better by more than a few oz’s.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I’m thinking more about down the line of using the hps’s With the led’s dimmed to 50%........ if I hit over 100 oz for the 3rd time, which i‘m pretty confident I will, I may just need to put this nonsense to bed and leave it be. There is a point somewhere when, maybe other than adding co2- it won't get better by more than a few oz’s.
AWESOME 👍👍👍So pumped to hear your getting co2 😁

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Somewhere, someone is always thinking about adding CO2 to their cannabis grow, and I think (in a butterfly effect kind of way) it may be part of what keeps @Aqua Man getting up in the morning.
Nah.... just being a smartass.... as I tell my mother repeatedly over the years better than being a dumbass 😁. Which is usually met with an eye roll 🙄

sshz

sshz

Don’t know where you derived from that I was going to get CO2.......... that will just not happen. All I was saying is that would have a positive affect, but I don’t want the aggravation that goes along with it. But I am wondering if those Xhale bags had an affect on the Gasm grow, and that’s why they were larger at this point.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I am wondering if those Xhale bags had an affect on the Gasm grow, and that’s why they were larger at this point.
They were doing something. Whether it was staying in the room long enough to matter...idk....but whatever reaction was supposed to happen happened, because those were spent when you took them down. I was impressed.

Also the Gasm grow was the most attractive at this point of the three, right?

Not saying it is cause and effect at all. Just saying all those data points are true (I think).

Given what I saw with Dirtbag and CO2 with exhausting, I tend to think there is a good argument that the bags were only making a minimal difference if at all. But I don't know that for sure. It's just my working guess. Never were able to measure the CO2 levels as I recall.

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Don’t know where you derived from that I was going to get CO2.......... that will just not happen. All I was saying is that would have a positive affect, but I don’t want the aggravation that goes along with it. But I am wondering if those Xhale bags had an affect on the Gasm grow, and that’s why they were larger at this point.
Yeah was just stirring the pot a lil... I know something is wrong with me.

Anthem

Anthem

They were doing something. Whether it was staying in the room long enough to matter...idk....but whatever reaction was supposed to happen happened, because those were spent when you took them down. I was impressed.

Also the Gasm grow was the most attractive at this point of the three, right?

Not saying it is cause and effect at all. Just saying all those data points are true (I think).

Given what I saw with Dirtbag and CO2 with exhausting, I tend to think there is a good argument that the CO2 was only making a minimal difference if at all. But I don't know that for sure. It's just my working guess. Never were able to measure as I recall.
This product is made near where I live, by a local mycologist. Nice people, they grow excellent gourmet mushrooms, and sell kits for growing you own. They are killing it with these Co2 enhancers.

The product contains an 8# mycealium mass. The package has a one way vent for the by product (Co2) of the fermentation process to escape. The mass as stated on the package (unless they have new info) is to emit 20,000 ppm of Co2 throughout the life of the package which claims 180 days. This breaks down to around 110 ppm per day in the grow room.

So with those numbers in mind compare to ambient air. Ambient air is around 350ppm of Co2. We breath this in and out.

I don't think they really benefit your garden unless you're growing in a sealed cab the size of a dorm fridge.

I think they are a better product than the Co2 Boost bucket fermentation kit that needs hoses and cords etc. Where the Homegrown kit does not.

My question: If the concept truly works why not scale it up to say a larger mass for larger operations?

I think its snake-oil. There are many many products in the grow shops that are just that. That being said, if it makes you feel better while tending your garden then use it. I see so many people that are benefiting from the act of growing their own meds, it appears to be as or more therapeutic than the actual consumption of the meds.

Good Luck, Grow Hard
This was found on the farm from like 2013. 110 PPM per day is not going to do much, something yes.

Sparks 714

Sparks 714

I agree that things are looking good and healthy and seems to be speeding up a bit. Probably because the roots have started to fill out the new pots and are enjoying the extra space.

sshz

sshz

I’m thinking the upping of the fertilizer ppm, to 800, made a big difference. I’ve been tending to run them with a lower ppm rate, but now starting to think once they hit around two weeks in veg, bump up Cal/Mag and the base fertilizer and don’t be shy about it. Since the room is a bit cooler, I’m not watering as often, so it all make more sense now.

It seems I’ll need a winter style of grow and a summer one, two completely different approaches.

sshz

sshz

The ice storm has given me some time to plan out what's coming next for the room...........tomorrow at 1 month I'll decide whether to top (pinch) each plant's main shoot, since I'm a week away from flowering. There are some differences plant to plant, as some stayed fairly short and others are a bit taller. Normally with a strain like this, I'd pinch and I'm leaning towards that. I'll also move the shortest plants to the center of their areas, and the taller plants to the outside. I'll probably defoliate in 2 weeks, after 1 week in flowering.

Next I'll tackle the Phresh filter, as it needs to go up as the room is putting off a mild smell at this point. I've given this a lot of thought, i.e. how to attach it to the ceiling and make it easily accessible for the future. It's about 40 lbs, not including the exhaust fan, and I'm sure the ceiling drywall can't hold the weight long term so............. it will take a little more thought and work to secure it. By the weekend for sure.........

I'm happy to report all the Sweet Zombie is gone, other than a few oz I'm holding on to for more gummies. I haven't gotten much feedback from everyone, but the way it moved I'm guessing people were happy with it. Again, it's not the strongest strain out there- but it does the job, it's tasty, yields well and smokes really good. I regret not buying the UV-B's a bit sooner so I could have used them for this strain. I'm still waiting for the Expert Seeds freebie package which should be here any day, and I'll let you know what comes as they will be prized out.

1 month done pic's up tomorrow with a pictorial comparison of the Orange Gasm, Sweet Zombie and this Candy Store..........

rwagner

rwagner

View attachment 1081051

CANDY STORE R1
LIMITED RELEASE
Lemon Berry Candy OG x Ethos Cookies #16
ETHOS Unique Boutique Line

Indoor:
• Flowering time: 8-9 weeks
• Yield: She throws down!!!
Outdoor: VERY early for a cookie.
• Yield: Beast!
• Total Cannabinoids: 30%+
• CBG: 1-3%
• CBC 1%
Terpenes/Favor: Sharp candied berries, thick floral and sandalwood incense...with a gasoline back.
Beast of a plant!!! Medium-tall with strong lateral branching. She likes to get BIG!! Lots of orange sized nugs stacked all the way down. Monster trichome heads make her perfect for extraction!!
Awesome! I just received my Candy Store and Planet of the Grapes seeds this week. I’ll be germinating this evening and will keep this post on Watch as I’m curious how your grow will go compared to mine. Peace...

sshz

sshz

Although I’ve read people say some good things about Planet of the Grapes, I believe its just Member Berry pheno’s brought together to form another strain. Although my M.B. plants looked great, they buzz was weak and disappointing. I’ll be curious how your stuff turns out.........

SSgrower

SSgrower

I’m thinking the upping of the fertilizer ppm, to 800, made a big difference. I’ve been tending to run them with a lower ppm rate, but now starting to think once they hit around two weeks in veg, bump up Cal/Mag and the base fertilizer and don’t be shy about it. Since the room is a bit cooler, I’m not watering as often, so it all make more sense now.

It seems I’ll need a winter style of grow and a summer one, two completely different approaches.
I just popped four seeds & am thinking the same thing as to winter & summer grows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom