Ethos Seeds "Candy Store" under 2 Gavita Pro 1700e LED's

• Thread starter sshz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
sshz

sshz

Thanks. That's exactly what i'm going to do. Now just to figure out what to do with a lifetime supply of coconut oil! I'm sure ill find a use!

Just keep it sealed in the fridge, it will last forever. I don't only make gummies with mine- I'll put a teaspoon in a cup of tea, just eat a bit straight off a spoon, mix it in spaghetti sauce, spread it on toast or english muffin, etc., etc.

14 oz off oil normally gives me about 40-45 gummies of various sizes, so 48 oz should yield you about 150+ gummies, which is a lot. LOL. I normally give 1/2 my gummies away, keep the other half for myself. So I'm making gummies every 5 weeks or so.

sshz

sshz

I will keep you posted. In FL also. Mine should be here wednesday the tracking says, UPS. Im not really allergic to the pollen though, dust and cats to hell!

When I had my allergy testing, they told me I was allergic to everything- pollen, dander from the dog, dust mites, dust and a whole bunch of other stuff. Only mildly though, but still, everything. Shots were out of the question for a number of reasons, so I take some med's for it- but I'm shocked no doctor ever recommended a Hepa filter for the house. Below is the unit I use in the basement, made by another company. The filter inside is larger, but it moves less air overall (400 cfm vs. around 575 cfm for the Medify Air.) But it does nothing for smells, over scrubs the air.

IMG 1459

sshz

sshz

So, a few comments this evening.

1. There is NO way this grow is going to 10 weeks, and even 9 weeks is in question at this point. I have the feeling there will be 2 harvests- one around 8-8.5 weeks and the other around 9 weeks. It was pretty evident in my last room scan a few minutes ago.

2. I'm actually watering every day right now. with the dehumidifier running all the time and warmer temps outside. So, I've reduced my fertilizer schedule to 700 ppm for 2 watering's, then a flush near 300 ppm for the 3rd. Still at 25% with the Massive. I'll stop the Cal/Mag at around 7.5 weeks too.

3. I continue to defoliate leaves on a daily basis.......just a handful a day. Any large or blocking underneath, it's gone. Still quite leafy though, if you look at the pic's.

4. I've been running the room just a bit warmer, around 83 degrees. Slightly warmer than normal, but the plants seem to love it. I will be lowering the room temps to 78-80 degrees in about 10 days, there's no need to push them at the end. I may even raise the LED's 6 inches more too.

5. UV-B....... since I'm thinking I won't be going longer than 9 weeks or so, I'll start the UV-B at 7 weeks on a limited basis and increase slowly watching closely for any side effects.

6. The dehumidifier holds around 1.5 gallon when full, and I've been using that water along with r.o. water to water the plants. Things seem fine with the mix, no issues.

7. pH remains at 6.3 with every watering, lights remain at 12/12 On/Off. The exhaust runs 24/7 and the other Phresh filter also runs as a room scrubber 24/7. Lately the smell more musky than "potty".

8. I've been seeing some ants on the floor so I put some ant traps down, but no other insects or flying critters (gnats).

Thurs. is 6 weeks, moving quickly with not much to do at this point.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

So, a few comments this evening.

1. There is NO way this grow is going to 10 weeks, and even 9 weeks is in question at this point. I have the feeling there will be 2 harvests- one around 8-8.5 weeks and the other around 9 weeks. It was pretty evident in my last room scan a few minutes ago.

2. I'm actually watering every day right now. with the dehumidifier running all the time and warmer temps outside. So, I've reduced my fertilizer schedule to 700 ppm for 2 watering's, then a flush near 300 ppm for the 3rd. Still at 25% with the Massive. I'll stop the Cal/Mag at around 7.5 weeks too.

3. I continue to defoliate leaves on a daily basis.......just a handful a day. Any large or blocking underneath, it's gone. Still quite leafy though, if you look at the pic's.

4. I've been running the room just a bit warmer, around 83 degrees. Slightly warmer than normal, but the plants seem to love it. I will be lowering the room temps to 78-80 degrees in about 10 days, there's no need to push them at the end. I may even raise the LED's 6 inches more too.

5. UV-B....... since I'm thinking I won't be going longer than 9 weeks or so, I'll start the UV-B at 7 weeks on a limited basis and increase slowly watching closely for any side effects.

6. The dehumidifier holds around 1.5 gallon when full, and I've been using that water along with r.o. water to water the plants. Things seem fine with the mix, no issues.

7. pH remains at 6.3 with every watering, lights remain at 12/12 On/Off. The exhaust runs 24/7 and the other Phresh filter also runs as a room scrubber 24/7. Lately the smell more musky than "potty".

8. I've been seeing some ants on the floor so I put some ant traps down, but no other insects or flying critters (gnats).

Thurs. is 6 weeks, moving quickly with not much to do at this point.

when you were at this point but still using hps were you watering less?

sshz

sshz

Well, it’s not apples to apples. I never used a dehumidifier before, so I attribute the pots drying out now faster to that. I would say I was watering every other day before, and not letting the pots dry out like I am under the LED’s. Under the hps, if I let them dry out to much, they would fall over since they were much taller.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Well, it’s not apples to apples. I never used a dehumidifier before, so I attribute the pots drying out now faster to that. I would say I was watering every other day before, and not letting the pots dry out like I am under the LED’s. Under the hps, if I let them dry out to much, they would fall over since they were much taller.

Interesting about the dehumidifier. Mine are only involved in the grow room in winter when I exhaust into the basement for heat under the living room. Then the basement dehumidifiers doo all the work. In summer it gets fan forced out my chimney.

Also I had a thought about the remaining smell in your room. I had my intake fans up too high and actually was back flowing my exhaust into the house through the cracks. I knew I smelled something a bit dank. Lol.

I also smell it if my chimney supplemental in-line fan is too high. It must push air back or mess up the flow somehow. Maybe even too much volume going through the phresh filter.

Just some thoughts bud.

sshz

sshz

The fans are rated for the filters, so there should no issues with that.

The dehumidifier is in the room to add some heat, not remove moisture although that is a side effect of producing the heat. If I didn't have the dehumidifier in there, I couldn't get my temps above 78 degree and sometimes lower when the exhaust is up higher. Everything is related in some way.

And after this grow is over, I will go in and seal up the holes and cracks better......I do see a few that need some work..........

sshz

sshz

Canopy is finally evening itself out.......day 40 in flowering. The sweetness coming from the room is powerful, and I'm seeing some nice colors and resin build up. Since we aren't even at 6 weeks yet, I'm thinking 9 weeks total is going to be just about right.

IMG 1461

slammedsonoma420

slammedsonoma420

The fans are rated for the filters, so there should no issues with that.

The dehumidifier is in the room to add some heat, not remove moisture although that is a side effect of producing the heat. If I didn't have the dehumidifier in there, I couldn't get my temps above 78 degree and sometimes lower when the exhaust is up higher. Everything is related in some way.

And after this grow is over, I will go in and seal up the holes and cracks better......I do see a few that need some work..........
What are the average temperature in your basement not in the room with lights? How big of a temperature drop did you see switching from the 1000 to the 1700e? Was your 1000 air cooled or DE? I wish i had that problem and needed to add heat, House AC has to be at 68 to keep it about 76 in the tents with an air cooled hood. Its so humid here i have to start the dehumidifier 30 days into flower! If the 1700e will drop the temperature that much i will switch for sure! Wondering if Gavita will release a new bar style LED anytime soon since the 1700e has been out about 2 yrs. the 1930 is out of the question since it needs to be hung so high.

Madmax

Madmax

Canopy is finally evening itself out.......day 40 in flowering. The sweetness coming from the room is powerful, and I'm seeing some nice colors and resin build up. Since we aren't even at 6 weeks yet, I'm thinking 9 weeks total is going to be just about right.

View attachment 1110630
Gee those tops are darkening.is that purpling sshz

sshz

sshz

The basement runs cooler than the rest of the house, as it’s well insulated and no windows to let heat in, just a large glass sliding door. The room exhaust pulls the outer room air in under the door, so that’s probably cooling the grow room a bit too.

The hps room used to run hotter, no doubt. I would try for 78 degrees but it normally ran around 80. The shields were not air cooled, but were glass enclosed. The exhaust fan was also an 8 inches, this new room has a 10 incher, like me (the wife wishes, lol).

The 1700e is definitely running cooler than the hps, but with the heat dispersement, you can keep the plants a lot closer- that’s the main benefit.

I have not received any new info on Gavita’s next led’s but you can rest assure they are working on something for 2022. I usually get some advance notice in some form, and I always post it when I find out.

Bottom line, everyone’s situation is different. I’m finding keeping everything consistent was much easier in the summer than the winter, which is surprising. The dehumidifier has been a great investment, and helped me control the humidity and zero in the temps way better.

Last edited:
sshz

sshz

Gee those tops are darkening.is that purpling sshz

No purpling per se, but some nice coloring going on. The room smells much like the Sweet Zombie, sickening sweet I like to call it. Some of the pistils are drying up already, and the resin is popping on many of the plants.

Also notice the plants are lightening up a bit as I cut back the nitrogen.........

sshz

sshz

Hard to tell since I haven't grown the strain before. Next crop will be the true test.............

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
One thing i have noticed with tria across plant species is an increase in new, young growth. For instance, fresh leaves on an elephant ears or banana plant instead of s one leaf at a time thing....increased succulent propagation speed...new pups on banana plants ...i don't have objective data on this but i have my sense as a gardener....

In case @sshz wants to look to see if he notices an unusual amount of little shoots further in the branch or down the plant etc (y'all know what i mean i think).

Not scientific. Just curious. My experience has been with tria powder mixed with polysorbate-20 and then water at concentrations from 5-15 ppm (roughly).

I have done only mild experimentation with cannabis and found it makes the plant suck up nutes like crazy. I have not gotten the balance in modulating feeding w tria right yet.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

One thing i have noticed with tria across plant species is an increase in new, young growth. For instance, fresh leaves on an elephant ears or banana plant instead of s one leaf at a time thing....increased succulent propagation speed...new pups on banana plants ...i don't have objective data on this but i have my sense as a gardener....

In case @sshz wants to look to see if he notices an unusual amount of little shoots further in the branch or down the plant etc (y'all know what i mean i think).

Not scientific. Just curious. My experience has been with tria powder mixed with polysorbate-20 and then water at concentrations from 5-15 ppm (roughly).

I have done only mild experimentation with cannabis and found it makes the plant suck up nutes like crazy. I have not gotten the balance in modulating feeding w tria right yet.
That and mixing yourself possibly? It's really tiny quantity needed... do you find difficulty in making consistent doses?

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
That and mixing yourself possibly? It's really tiny quantity needed... do you find difficulty in making consistent doses?
Honestly man, it's probably a bit inconsistent. What i do is make a 100ppm batch at 1L, let it distribute as evenly as possible, then use a syringe to apply that into 1L watering batches for the appropriate concentration.

Do i throw some out? Sure do. 🤷‍♂️

I tried literally one dose in flower in my last round. Claiming no knowledge there beyond "sure looks like she sucked hard on her leaves there" after the dose.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Honestly man, it's probably a bit inconsistent. What i do is make a 100ppm batch at 1L, let it distribute as evenly as possible, then use a syringe to apply that into 1L watering batches for the appropriate concentration.

Do i throw some out? Sure do. 🤷‍♂️

I tried literally one dose in flower in my last round. Claiming no knowledge there beyond "sure looks like she sucked hard on her leaves there" after the dose.
Man I just had a good laugh remembering my seedlings exposed to a super tiny dose of massive... man they stretched so hard I was like wtf until I learned that tria will do that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom