Everything you need to start a legal Warehouse grow in CA?

• Thread starter Surfandgrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

toquer

Location, location, location...
I've built a few this year for others.
Finding the right building on the right piece of land is key. A few requirements in my opinion. Pre-existing 3 phase. Industrial zoned. No shared structure. Away from any educational institution. Far away. 2 year lease. Landlord knows but doesn't care because his building doesn't rent in current market. Or needs deferred maintenance. Upgrades are part of getting/buying owner. Fire Marshall comes to buildings with fire suppression systems. At least I've been lucky for the past decade. Shops can provide paperwork when the relationship proves valuable. And a great cover business to open the front door helps more than you can imagine. More than 50 cents a sqft and your overpaying. Find a nice dump!!

straincreation

straincreation

Im getting ready to start the process of opening a perpetual harvest 24 light flower grow in a warehouse in either Ventura or the valley. I have an electrician, HVAC and a Lawyer. I havnt talked to the lawyer yet since hes out of town but Im curious about how I go about making this completely legit. Do I have to have the fire dept come and inspect the grow once its built. Do I need to hire licensed contractors to do the build? What about inspections? Are they once a year? Who and how many people do I have to pay to make this work. Do in need certain licensing or permits? Anyone have exp with the electricity bill for 24 flower lights? Water? Do I tell my landlord what Im doing or lie? If I need 1200sqft how much bigger should the actual warehouse space be? Anybody trying using gavia 600s instead of 1ks? Im thinking 3 600s in place of 2 1000 will produce better results. Waste water is an issue and as such Ill have to use tap water, any opinions there? Anything I missed? What materials should I use to construct the buildout? I here using wood to build a room inside a warehouse is a no-no. Any info on the subject would be appreciated I have 250k to make this happen. Anyone have experience with growing in Ventura, Ventura cops raiding their legal warehouse grow and going through the court system after your legal warehouse grow has been raided? Im sure the valley would be the best place to do this as it is in LA county but I like the beach and cooler weather of Camarillo and would like to set up shop there if possible. Thanks for any and all info. My Lawyer will be back July 9th and Id like to have a shit ton of questions to throw at him. @JACKMAYOFFER @Texas Kid, @desertsquirrel
I kmow everyone is not to fond of youtube growers but.

As far as building materials, co2, vents things of that nature. Grower MD does a hell of a break down of his warehouse grow, i believe he was running 1200 watts , but basically add an extra room for what you want. How it all works:
this is where he breaks down his build, He also runs in cali. His numbers arents huge but you were asking about co2 and what materials to use, so heres a few ideas, hope it helps. also medicropper has a nice warehouse on the tubes, doesnt get into detail as much, welk not that i can remember. he does work good work though with huge numbers, hes in washington and hes pushing his mmj laws to the limit. So i hope you find some of it useful.
Happy farmin;)

Surfandgrow

Surfandgrow

@toquer where r u located? How do I find these properties? Im In Ventura county and am looking for something like what your talking about.

T

toquer

I drive around. Central Los Angeles is a great place as is the harbor corridor from Pedro all the way into the city. Lots of run down warehouses. Just takes some elbow grease to fix a building. Its the shell that I look for.

Surfandgrow

Surfandgrow

I am getting a dispensary to back me as their grower so it looks like we are going with the warehouse rout. Probably 40 lights They are going to find the space and do the build. I have to pay for it but at least I will be legally covered. Has anyone tried doing a 600w instead of 1000w warehouse grow? What if the wattage was equal but the spread was more even, because of the increase in lights. I guess what im asking is: lets say I have 10 1000k lights and I decide to run 16 600s instead of the 10 1ks do you think this would be better for the plants as far as the evenness of the spread of light. What about light penetration? Anyone on the farm try this experiment out on any level with gavitas or epaps?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I am getting a dispensary to back me as their grower so it looks like we are going with the warehouse rout. Probably 40 lights They are going to find the space and do the build. I have to pay for it but at least I will be legally covered. Has anyone tried doing a 600w instead of 1000w warehouse grow? What if the wattage was equal but the spread was more even, because of the increase in lights. I guess what im asking is: lets say I have 10 1000k lights and I decide to run 16 600s instead of the 10 1ks do you think this would be better for the plants as far as the evenness of the spread of light. What about light penetration? Anyone on the farm try this experiment out on any level with gavitas or epaps?
IIRC, @Capulator is running 600W'rs instead of thouies in his rooms. I prefer using 600W because of the power draw and heat issues, IF I'm growing inside. People are going with ePaps/Gavitas (what I'm reading is that most are really diggin' the ePaps over Gavitas).

S

Seed Buyer

600's are not going to drive intense light deep into the canopy. So I would buy lights based on my growing style. If you are growing trees then I would go with 1000's if you are growing shorter plants than the 600 might fit the bill. Also depends on what your budget allows. Ten 1000 watt kits are going to be much cheaper than sixteen 600 kits.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

If your space offers ceilings 10' or above go with Gavita's new commercial fixture.

277 volt, 1000w, non dimmable...

With high ceilings why run anything less then 1000 watt for overhead lighting? 600's would provide great vertical lighting but are not practical in a commercial app.

With a simple PAR meter you can see the flaws with the E-pap, it's only benefit is the footprint, much larger then Gavita's because of the reflector's side ports.

What sort of experience did you say you had? Or the individual who will be your grower?

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
If your building does not have a sprinkler system and you do not run a business out of it then you do not have to worry about getting a fire inspection. By run a business I mean you applied for a business license with the city to do business with said address. If you do not do this then there is no record of anyone being in the building.

Then, you just need to be a ghost.

There are huge grows all over LA

DO IT

DO IT

Ding,ding,ding and the winner is Cap... Confucius say nail that stick out get hammered. I personally still don't think your ready for a large commercial grow if your wondering what type of lamp you will be using.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter

Ding,ding,ding and the winner is Cap... Confucius say nail that stick out get hammered. I personally still don't think your ready for a large commercial grow if your wondering what type of lamp you will be using.

I love to win!

Surfandgrow

Surfandgrow

lol you guys are funny. I got plenty of skills Im just a scientist who always experimenting. Im running a 10 light and a 26 light op now and have been on the rise since 2002. This shits a joke my system will be dope. 4 12 light flower rooms one mother room a trim room and a dry room. Its going to be just me and my buddy that grows to. The best part is Ill never have to trim a single nug again. It gets done off site by my co-ops members. Its true 48 lights is a different beast then 10 or 26 lights but we will have it under control with the 4 separate rooms. We will harvest one room every 24 days. 12 lights over 6 4x8 coco beds per room, fertigation system and almost 20 tons of AC. Waiting on a few peeps and we should start the search for the warehouse. My buddy already has a few spots in mind with no fire inspection. So now we just need the investors to check the numbers and write the check. In the future only people with warehouse size experience will get jobs in the MJ industry. Im just planning for the future.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

4 rooms? Harvest every 24 days? Only 2 growers? Come on man..

In all honesty just because you run a warehouse grow you will not be guaranteed future work in this industry. My company works direct with commercial clients, we're talking hundred PLUS light orders DAILY.

Let's face it, the 8 light grow 3 years ago is now the 40 light warehouse.

Surfandgrow

Surfandgrow

I'll save the 600s for my house and test them out I was just curious if anyone was producing weight with 600s. I have one friend who hits 2# per light with his but he wants to be paid to share. He's a good friend and I understand where hes coming from but yeah it sucks he won't share his secret. I might not be gusnanteed a job but this will get me another step closer. We have two years in Ca left to make big moves. I'm making mine and doing it right. Two peeps 10 hours a day should be no prob. If I need more I can get them I just don't want to yet. We will see how it rides and I will hire as I need. My evolution will continue. From 40 will come 100 then 250 and then you will all be smoking my shit. Hope you love it. I do.

grayarea

grayarea

How many people are you planning on interviewing for the jobs vs hiring ? you just gonna go 1 person at a time and hire them as you like them or sift thru a bunch of people and then go back and pick favorites ?

S

Seed Buyer

I think the day to day maintenance of a 48 light grow is very doable with only two skilled growers. If those two growers are focused, organized and realize a 60 to 80 hour work week is what it takes than no problem. Out source some trimmers and get a french coffee press and you should be golden. Good luck with your grow!

Top Bottom