EWOK and Seven Ghosts

• Thread starter OCKushCollector
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OCKushCollector

OCKushCollector

What's up farmers, this will be my second indoor grow. My first is well under way and in the third week of flowering, and just flourishing (using Alien's organic feeding regimen btw). I haven't posted a journal here because they are mostly misc strains that I picked up as clones locally, along with two Seven Ghosts that I managed not to kill in my last germination. Now that I have my seed popping technique down, I germinated 3 Seven Ghosts and 3 EWOKS with 100% success. I popped them using the wet paper towel method in a plastic bag on top of the cable box and within two days I had taproots on most of them. I then filled up 6 1-gallon smart pots with FF Light Warrior soil, sprinkled some Mykos WP in the seed holes and covered them up gently. I watered very lightly and placed under my T5 in my little veg tent. The next day they had all popped up above the soil. I will veg them here until my others get chopped, then will transplant them to 3 gallon smart pots with Roots Organic soil in my flower tent with the LED's. Am I the only one growing Alien gear under LED's? Can't wait to see what these will do. Here's a pic of the babies.

Ewok and seven ghosts

OCKushCollector

OCKushCollector

Good luck bro, I think you're the only person rocking the EWOK publicly. Congrats on the score.

Thank you!

Fresh & Clean setup! I have my popcorn, I'm front row floor seats. Knock this out the park homie!

Thanks bro! I like to keep things simple and clean. This little $60 tent fits the 2ft T5 in there perfectly and fits perfect at the end of my closet. I have a 2x4x6 tent for flowering a few bushes in. Just a little personal smoke setup to hone my skills in for now :D

motiv303

motiv303

Amputating Fakeness
Supporter
Yo, great start OGKC! I hope it goes well for you. Watch out for that light warrior though bro, myself and my homie D have both had serious issues with it (bad deficiencies), so keep a close eye on the babies and make sure they get what they need food wise. Other than that, i cant wait to see how these do under LED's, rock em out bro! Peace to ya man. I'll be watchin for sure. Motiv

OCKushCollector

OCKushCollector

Yo, great start OGKC! I hope it goes well for you. Watch out for that light warrior though bro, myself and my homie D have both had serious issues with it (bad deficiencies), so keep a close eye on the babies and make sure they get what they need food wise. Other than that, i cant wait to see how these do under LED's, rock em out bro! Peace to ya man. I'll be watchin for sure. Motiv

I'll keep an eye out for sure. I meant to mix it with Roots Organics but I chickened out seeing as how I burned my last seedlings to death with it.

slausongardens

slausongardens

yeah i just had this problem with the light warrior.. now that you say that it makes a lot of sense.. i had a bunch of seeds pop up and looked real healthy and then the next week they just turned yellow and got a bunch of deficiencies like you said.. i guess the trick would be to transplant them to real soil within a week or by the second set of leaves. ive been mixing the light warrior with soil and its working ok but ill see if i have any problems. i dont know if theres not enough nutrients in the light warrior or its just a bad mix of something or what but now that i read this it makes sense cuz ive been having the same problems.

cant wait to see the ewoks in action, i got some too but didnt pop any. maybe when i get some more space.

E

el_tenador

Have had the same issues with light warrior too, do not use light warrior as it's own medium. It works best when mixed with a medium that's charged. Don't know how long you intend to veg in those containers OC, but watch you calmag levels. It's usually the first deficiency I see when I leave gear in LW exclusively. Good luck bro.

OCKushCollector

OCKushCollector

Hmm, I have them in 1 gallon smart pots so I was planning on keeping them there for a good while. Should I remove the little plants and mix the remainder of the soil with some Roots Organics that I have, and then re-plant? Now I'm worried but at the same time I don't want to stress them too much from digging them out and re-planting.

bigcheese510

bigcheese510

yeah i just had this problem with the light warrior.. now that you say that it makes a lot of sense.. i had a bunch of seeds pop up and looked real healthy and then the next week they just turned yellow and got a bunch of deficiencies like you said.. i guess the trick would be to transplant them to real soil within a week or by the second set of leaves. ive been mixing the light warrior with soil and its working ok but ill see if i have any problems. i dont know if theres not enough nutrients in the light warrior or its just a bad mix of something or what but now that i read this it makes sense cuz ive been having the same problems.

cant wait to see the ewoks in action, i got some too but didnt pop any. maybe when i get some more space.
honestly i love light warrior. its great for seedlings. it is just like the bag says "light" warrior. its very mild. they recommend feeding seedlings 7 -10 days later using it. i usually start around day 3 or 4. very light minimal dose of grow nute and thats it. you can also cut it 50 50 with a strong base soil and wont have to feed for 3 weeks.

bigcheese510

bigcheese510

Hmm, I have them in 1 gallon smart pots so I was planning on keeping them there for a good while. Should I remove the little plants and mix the remainder of the soil with some Roots Organics that I have, and then re-plant? Now I'm worried but at the same time I don't want to stress them too much from digging them out and re-planting.

what are you going to use as far as nutes? you can just start using those to feed the babies very slight doses and youll be golden. just be stingy with the feed haha. no need to worry bro youre going to kill it.

OCKushCollector

OCKushCollector

what are you going to use as far as nutes? you can just start using those to feed the babies very slight doses and youll be golden. just be stingy with the feed haha. no need to worry bro youre going to kill it.

I have Botanicare pbp grow, em-1, liquid kelp, mykos wp at my disposal for the growth stage. Should I start mixing in a tiny bit of the grow formula, or would they be ok with a compost tea alone? They are starting their third set of leaves and are looking stellar btw.

slausongardens

slausongardens

i would suggest to pull out the plant and the root ball and then mix the roots soil with the remainder 50/5o and then stick the root ball back in, shouldnt stress them out unless u tear the roots.

unless maybe adding small doses of nutes and calmag to the light warrior, that might help curb the deficiencies, really i dont know what its from i just know its happened to me too.

basically just keep your eye on them and if you see yellowing or spots or anything add the soil or some nutes. i dont use nutes, just water and teas so thas why i mix the soil. and thats prolly why i have problems with the light warrior. it might work well with nutes, i dunno.

but still.. keep us updated on the grow and with all the experienced people here watching your grow, you shouldnt have any problems, and if you do people will lead you in the right direction. good luck and ill be checking back up.

Top Bottom