EXAMPLES OF BRO SCIENCE that you've tried?? Did it work or not?

• Thread starter iLoveCannabis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Besides all the old rumors and the same silly stuff that most of us have heard, at least I studied as much as I could through the 80s before my first grow in '88. I would read every High Times from cover to cover, I bought a few of the classic grow books, and did a bunch of other research.......so I got my ducks in a row as best I could early on. But......I bought one of those "Phototrons" in like, '86. It promised to be this magical self-contained, nearly effortless, work-free unit, with flourescent tubes, surrounded by reflectors, and the claim was that you would grow like 6 plants that you constantly trimmed, like every other node.....almost bonsai plants that would perpetually grow, produce unlimited buds almost all the time.......

Yeah, right. It did none of that. It became a seedling chamber......

Dumb was scraping and smoking resin from metal pipes.......it was probably pure cancer in disgusting black burnt goop form. And the putting a bud inside the pipe chamber to "resinate". Like it would transform it into some super-potent hash bud..........it just made a black, nasty tasting bud.

Saving roaches, taking them apart, rolling new joints with it, saving those roaches, rolling that up, etc, etc...... same concept, by the time you got to the joint made from roaches of roaches of roaches it would be like SOOOOO potent........again, burnt goop and it got so clogged and gooey we couldn't even pull on the joint......

Taking every single leaf off so the light would hit the flowers only.......I've heard that one. Didn't really buy it, it's not rocket science that the leaves are actually needed to soak up the light that the flowers need......

I want to vomit just reading this 🤣

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Bro... we've seen people here on the farm actually do that, or close to it... then wonder why thier plants are struggling. Like, really brah? 🤣 There's a difference between defoliation for a purpose and just stripping all the leaves... I call that live trimming and do it the day of chop to make harvest easier sometimes. 🤷‍♀️
I think they call it "Schwazzing"...... 🤷‍♂️

I was told if you leave them in dark for 36 before flip they'll flower faster.

TSD

TSD

Yeah, select dead, dying fan leaves......leaves that are shaded or causing more shade than they're worth... ..but all of them? You just took the plant's power away...
Yeah I always giggle at the folks that say all the leaves are "stealing the plants resources " Excuse me sir, but do you know, like, ANYTHING about how plants at large function? Clearly not.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Yeah I always giggle at the folks that say all the leaves are "stealing the plants resources " Excuse me sir, but do you know, like, ANYTHING about how plants at large function? Clearly not.
I always encourage new growers to learn about basic plant biology first so that they understand the processes the plant goes through.

Leaves are the solar panels of the plant. They also function as reservoirs of food if the medium is not producing enough.

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
It's like trying to gain weight by removing your stomach.....

Cannagar

Cannagar

It's like trying to gain weight by removing your stomach.....
Don’t you know? If you take out your stomach then your body doesn’t have to waste energy processing the food and it can just send it right to the rest of the body.

It’s much more efficient. And we have found that by not being able to expel waste people continue to grow weight. It’s extremely effective.

Top Bottom