EXAMPLES OF BRO SCIENCE that you've tried?? Did it work or not?

• Thread starter iLoveCannabis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

IamN2pot

"scientific evidence" that is culled from magazine advertisements for various bodybuilding (marijuana growing*) supplements and stated as implicit fact within bodybuilding (marijuana growing*) user forums; typically prefaced with the word "bro" or shared with the "bros."

(marijuana growing*) added for relevance

ROFL!!!!! surely not on this forum.......................

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

"scientific evidence" that is culled from magazine advertisements for various bodybuilding (marijuana growing*) supplements and stated as implicit fact within bodybuilding (marijuana growing*) user forums; typically prefaced with the word "bro" or shared with the "bros."

(marijuana growing*) added for relevance

ROFL!!!!! surely not on this forum.......................
Thanks for defining it. I had not heard the term till I joined this forum. Maybe that's because I'm not a bro.

Habosabin

Habosabin

Ngl. I have always hated heavy defoliations because I think(still think) plants need the leaves but I’ve seen examples here of people scwhazzing and the final product looks amazing. I’m not as closed minded at this point and probably won’t be as cautious on defoliating like I used to be.

it also said hydro specifically on that link. Hydro can probably take the stress better than soil for schwazzing.

Cannagar

Cannagar

Ngl. I have always hated heavy defoliations because I think(still think) plants need the leaves but I’ve seen examples here of people scwhazzing and the final product looks amazing. I’m not as closed minded at this point and probably won’t be as cautious on defoliating like I used to be.
If you decide to try it out then please post a grow diary for it. I’d be very interested to see how it goes.

Who knows. Perhaps you could make a believer out off me.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

SCHWAZZING​

Ohhh, I likey. I'll bet if you remove the buds too, those stalks would be STOUT bro!

How did I not know this was a thing until this thread?

Now, I'm one of those guys who could be accused of heavy defoliation. But ALL of it? Naw, I'm good.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

You have to pile your dirt where the "electrics" of the earth are the strongest because it'll get your soil nice and clean bro.

One of my favorite quotes ever. Here is another gem by the same person:

Growing marijuana is not just growing marijuana you have to grow all types of plants and the water in which you use to water your plants regularly is trickled and filtered down through your system trying not to waste water and the marijuana plants prefer to be the bottom run of the water cleaning process

You also have to grow plants like Botanicals that's flowers see to grow flowers you have to go to a forest and you have to find a spot in where you want to go to the flowers and you got to get that one little spot 24 hours a day sunlight and you cannot just cut a Halo in it and trying to get a lot of light like that you actually have to cut it very small amount of the trees around surrounding it to make this spot a 24-hour spot plant growing of flowers the the kind of flowers that grow will be based off the health and the types of forest in which you were growing these flowers in

You should sell Botanicals so that we don't have to see what kind of marijuana you know how to grow and what kind of plants you know how to grow because all that other stuff is worth way too much money

Homesteader

Homesteader

sounds like you were just smoking actual cereal dust 🤣
Could be but it was a legit grower and a friend who always had top tier chronic but I remember these easily sold for $60/8th back in the late 90s. Even got rid of some at $80 to a few kids in button shirts from the other side of the tracks

Have you ever used fish too late and close to harvest? Does it taste like fish? Something is there to make that happen. Water uptake perhaps retaining the stink enzymes? I don't know! He used to do this with crushed fruit in the last few weeks as well. Can't recall any of those though.

M

MasterWatererJeff

Believe all broscience. You have to have faith.

Have you ever used fish too late and close to harvest? Does it taste like fish? Something is there to make that happen. Water uptake perhaps? He used to do this with crushed fruit in the last few weeks as well.

20221229 111100

In chemistry, amines are compounds and functional groups that contain a basic nitrogen atom with a lone pair. Amines are formally derivatives of ammonia, wherein one or more hydrogen atoms have been replaced by a substituent such as an alkyl or aryl group.

Hydro grower: Plants only take up ions. They can't uptake flavor.

Everyone else: You have little faith brother. Heed thou mine warning lest ye smoketh fish.

E

elusiveshame

Could be but it was a legit grower and a friend who always had top tier chronic but I remember these easily sold for $60/8th back in the late 90s. Even got rid of some at $80 to a few kids in button shirts from the other side of the tracks

Have you ever used fish too late and close to harvest? Does it taste like fish? Something is there to make that happen. Water uptake perhaps retaining the stink enzymes? I don't know! He used to do this with crushed fruit in the last few weeks as well. Can't recall any of those though.
According to this: https://www.royalqueenseeds.com/blo...annabis-before-during-and-after-harvest-n1176

That might not be as hokey as I thought it sounded after all. Still wouldn’t do it myself tho. Cap’n Crunch ruins the tops of mouths, I don’t want my weed to do that either 😛

I

IamN2pot

...and then there is the tried and true "volcano" method of sexing your regular seeds before you plant them. Worked every time I tried it. Every seed sprouted, bro! 🙃

First time I heard that one I'm thinking, "Sweet, no more need for femmed seeds". Well, I haven't seen any of the seed vendors advertising "100% female seeds, Volcano selected!"

Last edited:
TSD

TSD

If done at the right time in the plants cycle minimal stress is caused -but I will add this not for the inexperienced grower for sure - but I’ve seen members with impressive results ! Bro science maybe?
I suppose I shouldn't talk shit without having done it myself... but I don't think I could bring myself to remove all the leaves... so I guess I'll never know 🤣

TSD

TSD

Haven’t tried it yet, but i usually dry jibbers in front of a heater to tighten the paper.
I set em on the table near the pellet stove or a sunny window for a few. I have given them the once over with the lighter if I got a little too generous with the slobber🤣... I don't know if I'd wanna nuke my terps tho.

Moshmen

Moshmen

I suppose I shouldn't talk shit without having done it myself... but I don't think I could bring myself to remove all the leaves... so I guess I'll never know 🤣
You don’t remove everyone it’s a very selective process - I used to be a guy who just couldn’t pluck healthy leaves - now I’m a believer that defoliation is needed based on skill level .

Latest posts

Top Bottom